Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

I rent a room for 60 euros with my girlfriend just for one night. For this price a nice room was expected, instead we were in a small small room (6m2 i think), and the wall and floor were not very clean and were very thin so we heard our neighbours. We pay this room in order to have a good night, to sleep well and to have a bit of privacy, instead, we slept very badly with many noise and not enough place to move (2 persons in 6m2.......). For this bad night I hope to be refund.....

• 19th Jul 2015

I had a nice stay there, really clean rooms and bathroom, really nice shower as well. Well located, and also a good breakfast. I hadnt time enough to feel the atmosphere and interact with staff and others guest.

• 18th Jul 2015

For the price we paid it was great. The beds are nice. The common areas close at 10pm (12 on weekends) so it makes hanging out a bit difficult but not bad. The place isn't spotless but it is clean enough. I would stay there again.

• 14th Jul 2015

Run down with numerous defects. Window, wifi, lights, locks all broken on my stay. The location is ok, near sights in the south but it's a walk to the other areas. Staff was nice and tired their best to help. Only really cheap place in Belfast. Good place to lay your head for 1 night but not much more.

Staff was brilliant, 10 Dorm Room was spacious, and the lounge was nice. I people who stayed in my room were great. Had no problem with the noise level. Kitchen and Dining Room need attention, they are both in need of renovation.But also little things could already improve it, like more and clean to towels and getting rid of those ridiculous vending machines. Also the kitchen should be at least open at 7 so don't have to eat on staircase.

The staff was great and facilities were pretty good. For the price its a great deal. Altought someone entered without permission one night

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Dominican Republic

Nice open common area the rooms were kept clean. However it was not marked from the outside and was very hard to find because of it.

Seems like none of the toilets would flush.

While the staff was friendly enough, the area was sketchy. We didn't get in until midnight, and were excited for a good night's sleep. At 2:00 am, we heard screaming & pounding on the streets. This escalated over about 15 minutes until a woman started screaming for her life. It was the most violent, scary sound I'd ever heard. Apparently, a man was attacked by 5 men & beaten badly. His girlfriend was screaming for help.

It look Likes student dormitory. Kitchen wasn't clean enough but comfortable bathroom.

The dorms are really dark and hot, perhaps more lighting and maybe some fans would be nice. The bathroom's probably should be cleaned twice during the day, they get really dirty quickly, or at least if there was mats at the shower, the floor may get less dirty. Otherwise everything was great!

We stayed in 10 bed mixed dorm which was spacious enough and the bed was comfortable, however, the room was stuffy and had no locker, cupboard etc, and lacked convenient lighting and power sockets. The bathrooms were not clean but showers worked quite well. The kitchen was terribly under-equipped. All cooking facilities and surfaces were dirty and not enough fridge space. We didn't trust the hygiene of the breakfast offered or plates, cups etc. Doors to street and dorms left open - unsafe

Wasn't bad. Nice place. Showers were good except the shower doors. They were broken. I had to fix mine. And my friend had to fix there's. And if I could fix it with my hands it shouldn't be hard to just go in with tools and tighten it up.

Great place! Staff where friendly, good location and clean. Only recommendation would be to maybe have shower mats in the bathrooms. Overall had a great stay.

This is perfect for a one night stay on a tight budget. The value for money is great in this hostel. It was very warm, cozy and I had a nice warm shower. You get what you pay for here. It's not amazing but it's perfect for 1 night. The location is good and central. The staff were nice but some of them could have been a bit friendlier. The breakfast was basic but good. I had a quick stay here so didn't take much notice! If I was staying longer in Befast I would have chosen somewhere better.

It a was place to stay, nothin wrong to say just thinking about price which is cheapest one.

There's no option to pay with credit card :(

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Poland

The air circulation in the room is not good, so if you stayed with some smelly person in the same room, it's not comfort.

Hostel staff were very friendly and helpful. However, the hostel itself wasn't very clean. Also the breakfast is only on from 8am-10am so those having to leave earlier miss out on breakfast. Most other hostels start breakfast from 7/7:30am.

The hostel offers everything you need as a backpacker. It offers affordable rooms and a decent breakfast. The location is excellent, you can reach most of the sights by foot which saves you the money for buses. Recommendable Hostel over all.

• 7th Jun 2015