Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

My room wasn't clean, looked like it hadn't been hoovered in a long time. The side door which guests are given a key for was regularly left open so that anyone could walk in. Bathrooms were clean enough but the shower I used needed some repairs. 20 min walk into the city with take aways and Spar 5 mins away.

Every time we tried to pay our stay or ask for some informations, there were no staff member at different times of the day. The breakfast included was of a low quality and the facilities were not always functioning correctly.

• 8th May 2014

Helpful staff, excellent value...loved the 10pound coach trip to The Giant's Causeway!! Lots of single toilets/showers, very clean linens. :-)

• 5th May 2014

On arrival, I was standing at the door for about 15 mins. After ringing the bell for several times, I then had to call the office to get somebody to open the door for me. In terms of facilities, everything is basic! The room was not clean and the window blind was on the floor. The door at the corridor by the reception keep making a banging noise so I didnt have a very good sleep neither.

I just wanted a place to lay my head and thats what i got. It suited me perfect, big kitchen, clean room, convenient location. Excellent for the price.

It's cheap and comfortable. It's near to the center.

Their information in hostelworld is a lie, the tour is not free and is different from what they describe. The staff is helpless, they throw some thing of mine that were in my bed without reason and the only said "oops, it was unintentionally" but they didn´t clean the plastic bag and the shoes box someone left under one bed long time ago or some paper that were in the floor. They close the common room very early (22.00 pm). The only good thing were the showers, very good ones.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Spain

This was the most disgusting place i have ever stayed in my life! The smell when you walk in nearly knocks you out(musty,dirty) The radiator in our room didnt work so we had a small plug in heater as to which barely heated the room. The windows were stuffed with socks and tissue at the bottom to stop draft!! The room wasnt clean infact the morning after we got there i had to get up and clean the room myself because it was that disgusting. The shared bathrooms were also dirty which i cleaned!!

• 21st Mar 2014

The door to my room would not lock, and the only staff member had disappeared so I was at a loss to change the room straight away. I waited for 30 minutes and no one showed up- finally I just went to a different hostel! I went back an hour later- no staff. I went back at 9pm and finally the desk was manned and I did get a full refund... But still super unprofessional.

I booked the cheapest 8-bed dorm, no window, old and lack of power socket, when you get used to the smell, you will be fine. kitchen is not good, no microwave, some stoves were not working, oven door was broken, not enough pots and pans. unisex toilets were smelly, not really clean. but they offer 10 euros tour (was free before but still cheap) to gaint causeway which is a good thing.

It was unfortunate, that the WiFi only was accessible in the main lobby. The free shuttle bus to the airport was great

• 8th Mar 2014

kitchen and common room closes at 22:00. so if you order a pizza late at night, you will have to eat in your room. the heater was not working so the room was very very cold during my stay. But the hostel was very good and I recommend the it to anybody

The place was a completely mess. Everything was out of place. The boiler was not working so we couldn't have a shower for the whole day! There were bags of trash everywhere and the heaters in the rooms were not working. A chaos!

• 2nd Mar 2014

The staff were friendly and the place was clean. However, the heating didn't seem to work, as the hostel was freezing. I am not exaggerating when I say that I could literally see my breath at night in my dorm room--I had to appropriate a blanket from an empty bed. Not all the showers worked, and the one that did had one setting: extremely hot.

was great staying here again, the staff are still the same as when I stayed previously and my stay was exactly the way I wanted it to go

Great Stay, every nice hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. a Few of the showers didn't work which was inconvenient, but some still did, so it didn't really matter. Defiantly a place to go back to.

Amazing value for money so thats what makes this place unbeatable for budget travellers, just small things like staff not knowing where things are which you left behind reception as there are no lockers, heating was not on in bedroom but the room is well insulated with good blankets, otherthan that it is perfect.

Great hostel! VERY good value for money. Very chill atmosphere, we came as 2 girls but lots of single travellers, seemed friendly and easy to meet people (lots of travellers staying for extended period of time). Definitely not a party hostel which was great, comfy and quiet. Nice big kitchen and lounge. Good wifi. Only issue was that my friend had issues with the hot water in the showers one morning, but otherwise seemed fine. Can book giants causeway tour for discounted price (about 10 pounds)

Do NOT stay here!! This is one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. The WIFI is terrible in the rooms, which are freezing BTW. Some of the rooms do not have radiators and it is as cold inside as it is outside. The bathrooms are some of the worst I have ever seen. I almost just didn't even shower they were so bad. There were 3 on our floor, but only 1 worked. And when I say worked, I mean water came out, but no water drained. Everytime you showered, you flooded the entire bathroom.

toilet not verygood;no heater