Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

About the only thing going for this place is the price. Place is unmarked outside and hard to find. Staff is unfriendly and customer service is non existent. Kitchen is dirty. Bathrooms appeared clean, but the drains didn't work. Beds were comfy and did have clean sheets, though. In a room of 10 beds, there was one outlet and no lockers. Wifi worked half the time.

Info on website of hostel is incorrect - breakfast is not included, if it is declared on website that it is, also credit cards are not accepted.

Dear Guest, Breakfast of Toast and Cereal is included in the room and available from 8am-10am in the kitchen area. Regards, Management

MyoMy only complaint would be that the website offered a private room which is what I always ask for when staying at a hotel we had no bathroom and had to go downstairs to the communal toilets

• 22nd Jul 2014

I found my stay at Paddy's amazing. I did not take part in one of their paddywagon tours but if I were ever to get back to Belfast I would definitely stay in this hostel again. I stayed here near the end of a 50 day europe trip and the bed was absolutely the best I slept in and the price couldn't be beat. Location may be a little far from the core for some but I found it completely walkable.

this was ideal for what I wanted my stay for and your local for taxis and town centre all withing 5 mins from where I was staying I always stay there as its cheap and cheerful and clean and staff are brilliant I will be back in sept and dec

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

It was the best hostel in our trip for Portugal and the UK. Excellent management, atmosphere and everything. Perfact! We Hope it keeep that way. We will recomend it to every body.

Already booked for next year and would recommend this hostel 👍

• 11th Jul 2014

I liked the hostel a lot. Staff very very nice and helpful. Thank you!

The kitchen needs some money spent on it i.e. some cups, cutlery and bowls for breakfast. It was pretty funny seeing people drinking tea from bowls instead of a mug. Limited working power points in the rooms.

We felt every spring in the mattress, the base was directly on the floor and a sink in the room with a note saying sorry for not having water. The kitchen/dining floor was sticky, the showers were good though and staff were awesome. It is noted, when we booked, the website said we could have a discounted day trip - this wasnt true. We had a room with en-suite for our last night, that was much better. Laundry facilities consists of 1 washer & 1 dryer mostly being used for hostel linen

Quite possibly the single-most disgusting establishment I have seen in a lifetime of traveling. From the 'reception' who took forever to appear at the door, to the room sink proudly proclaiming a "no running water" sign, I forfeited my deposit and got the hell outta Dodge as fast as possible... I was a fool to expect anything habitable in a major city for 26 bucks a night. My bad.

The living room closes very early.

• 23rd Jun 2014