Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

i only stayed one night so can't say much but in the short space of time it was difficult to find staff. But the two staff members i did see were very nice. didn't notice much of an issue with the door and security myself but can understand what people mean . The location is alright, the hostel itself has no signs outside, so a bit confusing to find. Room floor was a little dirty. Bathroom was fine! Not much of an atmosphere. Other Paddy's are great, this one not so much.

• 22nd May 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was too chatty among themselves, threw away our food even though we had labelled it. The discount to the Coast bus tour didn't count anymore. The rooms weren't very clean, there was much dust there. There were also too little showers and bathrooms for all the guests. And the common room and kitchen closed very early at ten, leaving us with nowhere to go.

• 21st May 2014

Good central location

beds were made with clean sheets but in a way that made every bed look slept in. The bike parking was non-existent, but I was allowed to park in the hall and the free breakfast was enough for two people (there were many more staying, I was lucky to be one of the first up) Otherwise very good value for less than £8 a night

• 9th May 2014
  • Scotland

My room wasn't clean, looked like it hadn't been hoovered in a long time. The side door which guests are given a key for was regularly left open so that anyone could walk in. Bathrooms were clean enough but the shower I used needed some repairs. 20 min walk into the city with take aways and Spar 5 mins away.

Every time we tried to pay our stay or ask for some informations, there were no staff member at different times of the day. The breakfast included was of a low quality and the facilities were not always functioning correctly.

• 8th May 2014

Helpful staff, excellent value...loved the 10pound coach trip to The Giant's Causeway!! Lots of single toilets/showers, very clean linens. :-)

• 5th May 2014

On arrival, I was standing at the door for about 15 mins. After ringing the bell for several times, I then had to call the office to get somebody to open the door for me. In terms of facilities, everything is basic! The room was not clean and the window blind was on the floor. The door at the corridor by the reception keep making a banging noise so I didnt have a very good sleep neither.

I just wanted a place to lay my head and thats what i got. It suited me perfect, big kitchen, clean room, convenient location. Excellent for the price.

It's cheap and comfortable. It's near to the center.

Their information in hostelworld is a lie, the tour is not free and is different from what they describe. The staff is helpless, they throw some thing of mine that were in my bed without reason and the only said "oops, it was unintentionally" but they didn´t clean the plastic bag and the shoes box someone left under one bed long time ago or some paper that were in the floor. They close the common room very early (22.00 pm). The only good thing were the showers, very good ones.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Spain

This was the most disgusting place i have ever stayed in my life! The smell when you walk in nearly knocks you out(musty,dirty) The radiator in our room didnt work so we had a small plug in heater as to which barely heated the room. The windows were stuffed with socks and tissue at the bottom to stop draft!! The room wasnt clean infact the morning after we got there i had to get up and clean the room myself because it was that disgusting. The shared bathrooms were also dirty which i cleaned!!

• 21st Mar 2014

The door to my room would not lock, and the only staff member had disappeared so I was at a loss to change the room straight away. I waited for 30 minutes and no one showed up- finally I just went to a different hostel! I went back an hour later- no staff. I went back at 9pm and finally the desk was manned and I did get a full refund... But still super unprofessional.

I booked the cheapest 8-bed dorm, no window, old and lack of power socket, when you get used to the smell, you will be fine. kitchen is not good, no microwave, some stoves were not working, oven door was broken, not enough pots and pans. unisex toilets were smelly, not really clean. but they offer 10 euros tour (was free before but still cheap) to gaint causeway which is a good thing.

It was unfortunate, that the WiFi only was accessible in the main lobby. The free shuttle bus to the airport was great

• 8th Mar 2014

kitchen and common room closes at 22:00. so if you order a pizza late at night, you will have to eat in your room. the heater was not working so the room was very very cold during my stay. But the hostel was very good and I recommend the it to anybody

The place was a completely mess. Everything was out of place. The boiler was not working so we couldn't have a shower for the whole day! There were bags of trash everywhere and the heaters in the rooms were not working. A chaos!

• 2nd Mar 2014