Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The value for money on this place is amazing, it couldn't really be any cheaper. That being said, its a place you should only stay if you aren't planning on spending much time in the hostel. The showers were pretty dirty and kept running out of hot water. Our room intermittently had no heating, which naturally made it very difficult to sleep. Some of the staff were helpful, but others were completely occupied with flirting with a large group of German/Dutch guests, and didn't seem to care.

Really happy, great staff, they left the common room open later on the saterday night. Met loads of the prople and the staff went out drinking with us. Would highly recommend it.

Great, easy service. Staff are easygoing, A+

• 10th Jan 2014

In general, it was OK. The dorms are small, but you can deal with it. The kitchen and the common room are good. The bathrooms, nonetheless, are quite cold. The location is good: you have the Queen's University at the back of the hostel, one square away, and there are lots of restaurants, bars and grocery shops in the surrounding areas, just walking.

Only issue was the sound; the walls must be quite thin as I could clearly here doors shutting and people moving about in the hostel, and as my room backed onto the main road the traffic was very loud throughout the night.

Stayed there in December and I don't know what the problem was but there was no heating on except for dining room. So bathrooms and dorms were pretty cold. The kitchen doesn't look very inviting. And as many others have mentioned before, the common areas (kitchen, dining room, lounge) are being closed at 10pm. Very inconvenient. Staff (when there!) was friendly.

The Hostel is great, the staff is excellent, i had lost 40 euros there, but the lady from staff went to room and asked me if was mine. :) :) :) . I liked and it was a great value!

• 20th Dec 2013

We had only one problem with the few guest I met. There was no hot water in the showers, so I couldn't shower that day. Also it was pretty cold as there was no heat in the building. The rest was fine and the breakfast is self service and it is ok.

Too seedy. For breakfast, just milk and cereals. No hot water in half of the building. Broken hands-washing-sink in our room (it wasn´t circumstantial. They had cut off the water for our room because the pipe was broken. No one told me and I saw it when I try to empty a bottle of water in there... I got my floor completely wet). In general, not a good experience, even for beeing a hostel.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Spain

There was no heating in the bathroom so it's cold when taking shower.

Kind of tucked away a little from the city centre, Paddy's was like any other hostel. The beds were clean and comfortable though which is what we needed and despite the coldness in the hostel there was a heater in our room which was nice. It was only like a 15-20 minute walk down to the city centre.

I was meeting the Paddy Wagon tour in Belfast, and they had called the hostel to let me know where/when to meet. When I went to reception to get the info, the receptionist was no where to be found. I asked the cleaners, and no one knew where she was. Once she came in, I asked her about my message and she responded "Oh, yeah - I didn't know who you were, then forgot to look for you". Since I didn't get the info, I missed the Black Taxi Tour, which was the #1 thing on the tour I was looking to do.

We didn't really enjoy staying here due to the hostel not being clean - toliets were gross!

The bathrooms looked nice. The only problem was that they were really dirty in the mornings because everyone walked in there with shoes on. The breakfast was great because there was a large choice of cereal. But it was a pity that the lounge was closed from 10pm - this is the time when the room is needed if some people want to go to bed and some want to stay up longer. That is hard to combine in one room.

Stayed one night, got a good sleep, place could be a little cleaner but for a cheap hostel its ok

• 4th Nov 2013

Bathroom are really good and everything are ok!

• 1st Nov 2013

The hostel was cheap! That is always good, but when we got to our room the sheets very clearly had not been changed...they were disgusting! The staff member was very nice and brought up new sheets but took forever to change one bed (20min)! The poor guy I don't think he has ever changed sheets before. So we had to do it ourselves and it was a bit frustrating. The showers were gross and the kitchen was gross (we got there right when breakfast started so it should have been clean from yesterday)

They should have hair dryer.

Hostel was good enough. Bit disappointed in one of the staff there though. Had forgotten my room key one day, got home quite late, raining, cold. Rang the doorbell once. She poked her head up from the reception, saw me, and popped back down. I waited. Rang again. Same thing. A GUEST actually opened to door for me. Ran into this staff member in the kitchen later and she said something along the lines like "sorry about not getting the door for you, I was busy chatting on Facebook". What????

good as the price