Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

While I understand check in times can only happen once people have checked out, 3 in the afternoon is too late. Plus no one would open the door for me, at 3.15 a guest did it. When I asked if the bell worked, I was told it was unplugged, why would it be unplugged? Not to mention an obstacle course of bags of damp smelling laundry and guests hoping to get a good WiFi signal at the office door.

While our stay was very inexpensive (£8/night for 8 person dorm), the lack of cleanliness and state of the facilities were unacceptable. The bathroom floors were filthy the entire time we were there (2days) and the facilities in general were extremely out of date and in poor condition. Would not recommend.

• 30th Jul 2015

Quite a good hostel! A bite pricey but all the doors locked, there are a lot of showers abailable.

when I walked into the hostel i thought I had walked into a sauna, it was ridiculously hot!! all through the hostel was exactly the same. not enough plug points in the rooms and was dirty. on a positive note it was cheap.

When we arrived, the staff was nice and helpful. We showed up exhausted but needing to do some work online. The wifi didn't work for most of the stay and was inconsistent for the hour it did. There was a noticeable amount of mold in the shower. There was no shade for the window and the lock on our door didn't work effectively.

If you claim to have internet it better work more than 5 yards from the router.

This place is amazing all-around but what its it phenomenal is the staff! They are really friendly and they work their hardest to make sure that the hostel is running smoothly and clean. There are plenty of bathrooms, which are clean as well. I would definitely recommend this place!

• 21st Jul 2015

Lovely staff, enjoyable stay. The beds were very comfy. Didnt use the kitchen or showers so cant comment on those. Thank you

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel is great value for money. It is easy to access to it from the bus station Europa with a bus which leaves you right next to the door of the hostel. The staff is great and they can book tours to the Giant's causeway among other things. Breakfast is included which is very good for this price. The rooms and bathrooms, toilets are generally clean. It is a pleasant place to stay.

we enjoyed our stay in paddy's palace, the staff was very nice and organised a programme for the evenings which you could join if you want. The rooms were okay, nothing special with a own sink and loooads of mirrors (I don't know why actually :D). The kitchen is a bit tricky sometimes, you have to know how to use the stove - but it's funny to guess how it works. In conclusion, it was totally okay for the price we have payed.

I rent a room for 60 euros with my girlfriend just for one night. For this price a nice room was expected, instead we were in a small small room (6m2 i think), and the wall and floor were not very clean and were very thin so we heard our neighbours. We pay this room in order to have a good night, to sleep well and to have a bit of privacy, instead, we slept very badly with many noise and not enough place to move (2 persons in 6m2.......). For this bad night I hope to be refund.....

• 19th Jul 2015

I had a nice stay there, really clean rooms and bathroom, really nice shower as well. Well located, and also a good breakfast. I hadnt time enough to feel the atmosphere and interact with staff and others guest.

• 18th Jul 2015

For the price we paid it was great. The beds are nice. The common areas close at 10pm (12 on weekends) so it makes hanging out a bit difficult but not bad. The place isn't spotless but it is clean enough. I would stay there again.

Run down with numerous defects. Window, wifi, lights, locks all broken on my stay. The location is ok, near sights in the south but it's a walk to the other areas. Staff was nice and tired their best to help. Only really cheap place in Belfast. Good place to lay your head for 1 night but not much more.

Staff was brilliant, 10 Dorm Room was spacious, and the lounge was nice. I people who stayed in my room were great. Had no problem with the noise level. Kitchen and Dining Room need attention, they are both in need of renovation.But also little things could already improve it, like more and clean to towels and getting rid of those ridiculous vending machines. Also the kitchen should be at least open at 7 so don't have to eat on staircase.

The staff was great and facilities were pretty good. For the price its a great deal. Altought someone entered without permission one night

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Dominican Republic

Nice open common area the rooms were kept clean. However it was not marked from the outside and was very hard to find because of it.

Seems like none of the toilets would flush.

While the staff was friendly enough, the area was sketchy. We didn't get in until midnight, and were excited for a good night's sleep. At 2:00 am, we heard screaming & pounding on the streets. This escalated over about 15 minutes until a woman started screaming for her life. It was the most violent, scary sound I'd ever heard. Apparently, a man was attacked by 5 men & beaten badly. His girlfriend was screaming for help.

It look Likes student dormitory. Kitchen wasn't clean enough but comfortable bathroom.