Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

We felt every spring in the mattress, the base was directly on the floor and a sink in the room with a note saying sorry for not having water. The kitchen/dining floor was sticky, the showers were good though and staff were awesome. It is noted, when we booked, the website said we could have a discounted day trip - this wasnt true. We had a room with en-suite for our last night, that was much better. Laundry facilities consists of 1 washer & 1 dryer mostly being used for hostel linen

Quite possibly the single-most disgusting establishment I have seen in a lifetime of traveling. From the 'reception' who took forever to appear at the door, to the room sink proudly proclaiming a "no running water" sign, I forfeited my deposit and got the hell outta Dodge as fast as possible... I was a fool to expect anything habitable in a major city for 26 bucks a night. My bad.

The living room closes very early.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Spain

Nice clean hostel warm . Kitchen could be better and dont expect to sleep well as they have no staff present through the night to monitor the drunken people coming b from the pub

• 20th Jun 2014

This was the most disguesting place I have ever stayed in. They lied about giving you a discount on a tour to the Giant Causeways and Reception is hardly ever in. They try to rip you off any chance they get. I would have rather stayed up all night somewhere then stay there again. Worst place ever!!! Do not stay!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• 19th Jun 2014

Great hostel, very comfy beds, wifi a bit dodgy at times on the upper floor, could do with a bathroom on the upper floors as well, good location, not far from the city and bus station.

A bit far from everything but alright for a night's stopover.

The staff were rude. The place was filthy. Thank goodness I was only staying one night.

Simple hostel but ok for a nights stay. Great breakfast but didn't help that the staff slept in on the day and were not too worried about setting up close to 20 minutes late - when you have a flight to catch and you are on a budget, timing and getting what you paid for is important. The hostel does need a little clean/upgrade in some areas, but overall still an ok stay.

You get what you pay for. There was however, a friendly lady that helped me the morning of our checkout... Even though it was her day off, but that was the best I can say of this location.

Central location with helpful staff, but facilities are very basic and the condition of the cupboards and floor in the dorm was questionable at best. Otherwise showers are clean, decent given the price.

i only stayed one night so can't say much but in the short space of time it was difficult to find staff. But the two staff members i did see were very nice. didn't notice much of an issue with the door and security myself but can understand what people mean . The location is alright, the hostel itself has no signs outside, so a bit confusing to find. Room floor was a little dirty. Bathroom was fine! Not much of an atmosphere. Other Paddy's are great, this one not so much.

• 22nd May 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was too chatty among themselves, threw away our food even though we had labelled it. The discount to the Coast bus tour didn't count anymore. The rooms weren't very clean, there was much dust there. There were also too little showers and bathrooms for all the guests. And the common room and kitchen closed very early at ten, leaving us with nowhere to go.

• 21st May 2014

Good central location

beds were made with clean sheets but in a way that made every bed look slept in. The bike parking was non-existent, but I was allowed to park in the hall and the free breakfast was enough for two people (there were many more staying, I was lucky to be one of the first up) Otherwise very good value for less than £8 a night

• 9th May 2014
  • Scotland

My room wasn't clean, looked like it hadn't been hoovered in a long time. The side door which guests are given a key for was regularly left open so that anyone could walk in. Bathrooms were clean enough but the shower I used needed some repairs. 20 min walk into the city with take aways and Spar 5 mins away.

Every time we tried to pay our stay or ask for some informations, there were no staff member at different times of the day. The breakfast included was of a low quality and the facilities were not always functioning correctly.

• 8th May 2014

Helpful staff, excellent value...loved the 10pound coach trip to The Giant's Causeway!! Lots of single toilets/showers, very clean linens. :-)

• 5th May 2014

On arrival, I was standing at the door for about 15 mins. After ringing the bell for several times, I then had to call the office to get somebody to open the door for me. In terms of facilities, everything is basic! The room was not clean and the window blind was on the floor. The door at the corridor by the reception keep making a banging noise so I didnt have a very good sleep neither.

I just wanted a place to lay my head and thats what i got. It suited me perfect, big kitchen, clean room, convenient location. Excellent for the price.