Paddy's Palace Belfast Reviews

68 Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

I booked the cheapest 8-bed dorm, no window, old and lack of power socket, when you get used to the smell, you will be fine. kitchen is not good, no microwave, some stoves were not working, oven door was broken, not enough pots and pans. unisex toilets were smelly, not really clean. but they offer 10 euros tour (was free before but still cheap) to gaint causeway which is a good thing.

It was unfortunate, that the WiFi only was accessible in the main lobby. The free shuttle bus to the airport was great

• 8th Mar 2014

kitchen and common room closes at 22:00. so if you order a pizza late at night, you will have to eat in your room. the heater was not working so the room was very very cold during my stay. But the hostel was very good and I recommend the it to anybody

The place was a completely mess. Everything was out of place. The boiler was not working so we couldn't have a shower for the whole day! There were bags of trash everywhere and the heaters in the rooms were not working. A chaos!

• 2nd Mar 2014

The staff were friendly and the place was clean. However, the heating didn't seem to work, as the hostel was freezing. I am not exaggerating when I say that I could literally see my breath at night in my dorm room--I had to appropriate a blanket from an empty bed. Not all the showers worked, and the one that did had one setting: extremely hot.

was great staying here again, the staff are still the same as when I stayed previously and my stay was exactly the way I wanted it to go

Great Stay, every nice hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. a Few of the showers didn't work which was inconvenient, but some still did, so it didn't really matter. Defiantly a place to go back to.

Amazing value for money so thats what makes this place unbeatable for budget travellers, just small things like staff not knowing where things are which you left behind reception as there are no lockers, heating was not on in bedroom but the room is well insulated with good blankets, otherthan that it is perfect.

Great hostel! VERY good value for money. Very chill atmosphere, we came as 2 girls but lots of single travellers, seemed friendly and easy to meet people (lots of travellers staying for extended period of time). Definitely not a party hostel which was great, comfy and quiet. Nice big kitchen and lounge. Good wifi. Only issue was that my friend had issues with the hot water in the showers one morning, but otherwise seemed fine. Can book giants causeway tour for discounted price (about 10 pounds)

Do NOT stay here!! This is one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. The WIFI is terrible in the rooms, which are freezing BTW. Some of the rooms do not have radiators and it is as cold inside as it is outside. The bathrooms are some of the worst I have ever seen. I almost just didn't even shower they were so bad. There were 3 on our floor, but only 1 worked. And when I say worked, I mean water came out, but no water drained. Everytime you showered, you flooded the entire bathroom.

toilet not verygood;no heater

• 5th Feb 2014
  • China

The value for money on this place is amazing, it couldn't really be any cheaper. That being said, its a place you should only stay if you aren't planning on spending much time in the hostel. The showers were pretty dirty and kept running out of hot water. Our room intermittently had no heating, which naturally made it very difficult to sleep. Some of the staff were helpful, but others were completely occupied with flirting with a large group of German/Dutch guests, and didn't seem to care.

Really happy, great staff, they left the common room open later on the saterday night. Met loads of the prople and the staff went out drinking with us. Would highly recommend it.

Great, easy service. Staff are easygoing, A+

• 10th Jan 2014

In general, it was OK. The dorms are small, but you can deal with it. The kitchen and the common room are good. The bathrooms, nonetheless, are quite cold. The location is good: you have the Queen's University at the back of the hostel, one square away, and there are lots of restaurants, bars and grocery shops in the surrounding areas, just walking.

Only issue was the sound; the walls must be quite thin as I could clearly here doors shutting and people moving about in the hostel, and as my room backed onto the main road the traffic was very loud throughout the night.

Stayed there in December and I don't know what the problem was but there was no heating on except for dining room. So bathrooms and dorms were pretty cold. The kitchen doesn't look very inviting. And as many others have mentioned before, the common areas (kitchen, dining room, lounge) are being closed at 10pm. Very inconvenient. Staff (when there!) was friendly.

The Hostel is great, the staff is excellent, i had lost 40 euros there, but the lady from staff went to room and asked me if was mine. :) :) :) . I liked and it was a great value!

• 20th Dec 2013

We had only one problem with the few guest I met. There was no hot water in the showers, so I couldn't shower that day. Also it was pretty cold as there was no heat in the building. The rest was fine and the breakfast is self service and it is ok.

Too seedy. For breakfast, just milk and cereals. No hot water in half of the building. Broken hands-washing-sink in our room (it wasn´t circumstantial. They had cut off the water for our room because the pipe was broken. No one told me and I saw it when I try to empty a bottle of water in there... I got my floor completely wet). In general, not a good experience, even for beeing a hostel.

• 14th Dec 2013