Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

We stayed here for one night and were extremely disappointed. The room we stayed in smelled like rotten eggs - whether it was a traveler or the hostels problem it should have been taken care of. The buildings are separated from the lobby, where you're kicked out of at 11 pm. The water was not working in our building meaning we needed to go to another building for toilets and showers (they managed to get one working toilet for the evening). The only thing that was semi helpful was the shuttle.

We stayed there for 4 nights in January. Great hostel, the beds are very comfortable, the toilets and bathrooms are spotless, good breakfast, staff friendly. Somebody in our room was a little bit loud at night, somebody else complained about it and the security man came in straight away and calmed them down. It might get a little bit smelly, as any room with 8 people would, but you can open the window for 10 minutes and it's fine. I do not understand what other people complain about.

great hostel, especially their offer of free airport bus and day trip - we loved it Dear Staff: we understand that you need to close the common room at night so people are not noisy (altghou the rooms are pretty far from teh common room ...). The problem is they take their noisiness to the hallway next to the rooms and its impossible to sleep in that.

The facility was messy, cluttered, and overall not as described on the web. Further, the "closet" with which we were instructed to store our luggage prior to allowable check in was full of garbage and had a horrible odor. The room was clean, although extremely small for two people. I opted to check out early the morning after my fist night. I was told my refund would not be processed until the Manager came in. I could not be given a day as to when that would be. Unprofessional.

• 8th Jan 2015

It was off peak but in all ways excellent

• 4th Jan 2015

Enjoyed my stay,helpful staff,clean rooms,great location,free day trip,free airport fransfer so I can say one word and it's FANTASTIC hostel

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

It was impossible to contact the hostel prior to our stay, and then there were problems with room allocation on our arrival (which made part of our group ask for refund and stay elsewhere). The condition of bathrooms was horrendous. The water would be either boiling hot in one tap or really cold from the other. It was very inconvenient to have a simple wash.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Poland

They respect their free tour ,atmosphere average.Some people who work stay there,croatians I guess.Good value for money considerind the free tour(not in week ends).

This place was about 75% at first. Free airport pickup and drop off, free tour with 2 night stay. the security sucks, doors don't lock, hot water only exists in the red door building, wifi only works in the common room, but not the kitchen that's 20 feet away. No lockers in the room, no assigned beds. My iPad was stolen from my backpack during a time when only staff was allowed in the room. The receptionist said "oh, I'm sorry"...that's all. I wouldn't stay here again if I was paid to. Don't.

I was initially a bit disconcerted by the reviews on here and trip advisor, but having stayed over on New Years Eve I would recommend Paddy's Palace as being good value for money. Free pick up and drop off at the airport was fantastic, great location, and friendly staff! Wifi access was a bit naff in rooms, but apart from that everything was clean and everything worked! Not much more I could have asked for for €8 a night.

• 30th Dec 2014

Can't understand why this is top rated! Messed up our booking and refused to refund the deposit or give us the correct rooms. Our group of 4 ended up in an 8 bed when we booked a 4 bed for privacy - CALL TO CHECK IF YOU STAY HERE. Ended up moving to another hotel. Unclean and unhelpful staff. The key also has to be charged daily at varying times or you can't get in

Great location and value for money. Slight issue with not much water for showers on the day we were leaving but still useable. Staff were happy to help with anything and organised a taxi for us to get back to the airport.

People working in reception are polite.

Good hostel, except for the fact not get wifi in rooms, so we had to go to the reception to use the internet in ours mobiles.

No light in the dirty grimey shower and was a very unkept hostel.. Tour was great but I would stay else where in Dublin.

Extremely dirty hostel!!! Unsafe for the health!

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Russia

Shower and heating in ensuite we booked did not work. No refund or alternative refund offered.

• 20th Dec 2014

Located in the city centre , good connectivity as well

• 18th Dec 2014
  • India

The best thing was the staff. They were all very helpful and friendly. The room had no reading lights at the beds. It had one dim light for the room. The worst thing was the bunk beds - too low - very uncomfortable. Our shower did not work the entire time I was there. To shower you had to go to the other building up 63 stairs and across a fire escape. They kept saying it was fixed but it wasn't. The great thing was the day tours and the free airport transport.

• 16th Dec 2014

The staff were not helpful i requested there help with a few things and you'd swear I asked them to break the law ... The private room was like a hot press with no mirror (for girls this is a necessity) ... There was rubbish on front steps and in the halls.. Anyone can go to the baggage room they did not check names or I.D for this.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6