Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. They had double booked two out of 3 nights and we had to move rooms 3 times. Airport transfer didn't come - as advertised - we waited over an hour and met other customers waiting for the same bus to no prevail. The p.s I love you your was the only redeeming factor, tour guide was brilliant!!

• 16th Apr 2015

More suitable for back packing students, rooms

• 10th Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

When we arrived at the hostel the women checking us in was extremely rude and looked as if she hated her job. My friend and I were worried upon arrival because of the feel of the area we were in. Our room was at the very top of the stairs and had a b/o and feet smell to it, that didn't go away the entire time we were there. The lack of wifi in the rooms is horrific and while we were staying 3 out of the 4 bathrooms were broken. Everything in the building was old and honestly gross.

• 5th Apr 2015

The shower was in the room above us and leaked into our room. However we did end up in a smaller room than we expected, which was nice because I was traveling with my Mother.

Showers which don't work (no that there is no hot water, simply don't work); breakfast mediocre; small kitchen; small common area; staff nice depending on their mood; very long to check in. Only to stay for a quick night before or after doing the Paddywagons Tours (which are, on the opposite, amazing!)

The lights in the shower room were out, so we had to shower with the door open so we could see. The other shower with working lights was out of order. And the rooms should have Wi-Fi.

This hostel was really nice. The staff was so nice and helpful. I like the place it is really near the city centre and also to the bus station where I arrived.

Frankly it's an average hostel in Dublin but you got what you paid for. The only thing that I would like to highlight is the shower rooms which were too limited for the hostelliers. Staffs were friendly and helpful most of the time. Thanks Paddy's Palace.

It was the dirtiest hostel I've ever booked.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Great location, that's about it. Staff are not very useful, there was only one shower in the whole building with hot water. And... beware the free tour offer. We sent an email to book it, and also booked on the day of arrival (a Friday). Then on Monday when we were gonna go into the bus, they said it was overbooked and people paying had preference over us. Poor organisation. We ended up doing the tour thanks to some no shows, but highly disappointed with their way of handling the situation.

So I checked in for two nights and my first thoughts were ok nothing spectacular. The locker BARELY fit my macbook pro and is located all the way in the office which closes at night. The room I was staying in had a plug in heater which helped how cold it was. And to top everything off, I FREAKING GOT LICE after staying here. I have long hair and tried my best to avoid the comforter and just stay under the sheets but nope here I am with lice treatment in my hair writing this review.

Fine for a night but glad we weren't there too long. No room storage lockers and the staff didn't record our deposit so we lost out on it even though we had proof we paid. Bathrooms weren't the cleanest and no real common room to hang out in.

the receptionist was complaining that everyone was arriving at the same tome to check in. People put arrival time on reservation so it shouldn't be a surprise especially after 10pm. He said my room was on 3rd floor, and there was no lift. It was on the 2nd. Breakfast finishes at 9.30. too early

It took a long time to get registered. There were a 3 or 4 people behind the desk but only 1 person registering people and there was a line of 8 people or so. As well the lobby closed at 11 and that is the only place where wifi was available.

• 28th Mar 2015

4 showers in the building and only one working. Too many children, very noisy.

• Spain

1 toilet and 1 shower for 10 girls everyone hanging out in the lobby. There is only wifi in the lobby which closes at 11pm. They put me in a 12 bed co-ed/mixed dorm when I had booked for a 10 bed female dorm. You have to walk outside to get to your building/room and you can't open the door until you push a button and they open the door, but they don't ask for proof that you're staying there. The floor flooded in the bathroom when people showered. Only positive was the free airport shuttle.

• 28th Mar 2015

The paddywagon tours are terrific . The hostel is is terrible shape and needs a total overhaul. The luggage room is full of trash. The woman's shower needs repairs. Bad shape overall. The furniture in Lobby very dirty.

The bedrooms extremely small without plugs and wifi. Only two bathrooms for 20 people and always cold water. No reception at night. It's "forbiten" to checkin after 23.00. And the rude-uneducated-boorish man who works at night and behaves like a cop was a fantastic experience. I would never stayed there again.

Stay here was a pretty average hostel stay. The airport shuttle was really fantastic, otherwise the room was fine and clean and normal.

Advised staff of cold showers and theysaid it had been fixed. Proceeded to havw cold shower as soon as i started through washing hair. Security was a joke. . we as two young females were often asked what room we were staying in by the long term stays and they knew a way to open the door without asking permission from office staff. Awoke one night to a random guy sleeping in the common area towards the toilet with his sleeping bag.

• 21st Mar 2015