Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

When coming to use the internet for an important booking of a special event we were attending, there were no seats available in one lounge area, but the other lounge area had many. There were 4 lounges and only two staff sitting. When I went to sit on one, a bald man (maybe manager?) rudely dismissed me to sit elsewhere as they were having a meeting. There was no where else to sit, and having a bad knee injury, I can't stand for long. So I had to leave and find an Internet cafe. He was very rude

No wifi access in top floor of hostel. Wifi speed is accessible in lobby but the speed is slow.

Pretty giod location, central right next to busaras so great for a one night stop if you arrive late or are leaving early. The hostel is very dated and lacks atmosphere, it does not feel safe and the fact that a staff member advised it was not good idea to leave my bags in the communal area as well as the fact that the door into the hostel building which is next door was not working as it looked like someone had forced it open means it scores v low on security. No lifts to rooms.

I stayed there for 2 nights. they have strict security system that you have to activate your room card everyday. the shuttle bus was really useful and i think the location is also pretty good since they take you there. HOWEVER "NO WIFI" it was terrible. i couldn't connect wifi even in the robby. of course u can't use it in your room. plus there are only 4 outles in one dorm room for 8people and few of them were broken. it's good if you are gonna stay in dublin for only 1 night. but no more

Awful staff and everything. Rude.

All the areas especially bedrooms and bathrooms are visually clean but did not smell clean. Perhaps automated freshers could be added to your list of must have items.

• 30th Jun 2014

I mean, you get what you pay for. I was happy to be ungraded to a private room when I only paid for a 4-bed mixed dorm. That was a nice surprise. However, some of the staff are young and inexperienced. And the Kitchen area is small, usually overcrowded, and not the cleanest. But again, for a hostel, it's not horrible. They offer a free day tour to Kilkenny (stay 2 or more nights, make sure u sign up as it's not guaranteed).

• 27th Jun 2014

Wifi only works in common room, showers are on a timer system. The tours they provide were really nice. We went to the cliffs of Moher and the bus driver was thoroughly entertaining with all his jokes and songs.

• 27th Jun 2014

Paddys in Dublin was a mixed bag. It is value for money, day trips were excellent and the staff very helpful; nonetheless, cleanliness could have been a lot better. The bathrooms on the 3rd floor of the hostel stunk like a urinal, a staff member was advised, but the smell got stronger as the days went by; also toilets downstairs next to the rec room were appalling. Additionally, the water was either way too hot or too cold in the showers, there was no way to moderate this.

Worst hostel ever. Placed in incorrect rooms without the facilities we paid for, yet the facilities were so horrible that we chose not to shower and used the pub facilities up the road. The smell in the rooms could've killed you, with carpeted floors and no ventilation. Security was lacking, someone had to buzz you in and were letting people not staying there through and also making you wait a long time to get in. Too bad if you were being followed in the unsafe location. Railway above, noisey.

• 26th Jun 2014

They give a free tour for a minimum of 2 night stay. Pretty fair deal!!

Clean and quiet! My three friends and I stayed in the 4 door en suite room. Our shower broke on the second night there. That kind of sucked. But there were public showers that were clean enough right outside our door. I was hoping we'd get some money back but we didn't. That's why I said the facilities were not that great. But you are right next to everything central! Walking is possible! And there is an amazing free bus tour at 9am-6 to see scenic Ireland. Well worth it for pictures lol.

• 22nd Jun 2014

the garbage on the roofs ouside the window of room 20 was quite disgusting and not a good reflcetiom om Paddy's or Dublin. I notice that beer cans and bottles are strewn about all over Ireland - unfortunately

There was only one shower in our building and it was ice cold. The sink water was warmer. Like many others have stated the wifi is horrible in the rooms, but I couldn't Even get connected in the lobby. The room and beds were fine. For the most part it was a normal hostel experience except for only one shower for a building of people and the lack of hot water. We picked up our tour bus the next morning and found somewhere else to stay.

• 19th Jun 2014

Nice place, well located and at a good price.

Great staff except Ray who works night shift. I stayed at hostels throughout my stay in Ireland from May 19 thru June 22. Ray was the rudest. He tells me 4 times that the hostel opens at 6:30 am. I was there at 6. No one told me it opened at 6:30 upon check-in. Ray needs to work for the Dublin sewer department! A fine stay nevertheless. Thanks to Darren, Tom, Inger, Barry, and the driver on the airport bus. ALOHA!

noise of trains (approx 01.00 AM), compensated by free shuttle airport & daytour booked room ensuite: narrow bathroom & shower was just cold water, so I ended up in shared bathroom (which was spacious , hot water and far better) So I should have booked the cheaper 4 room without bathroom! wifi did not work in room doors were banging it's a long walk to 5th floor: discount is warranted Commune room lacked atmosphere: checking in/out interferes with sitting. Smoking on street corner: no fun

Paddy's Palace has some of the best day trips I have ever been on and the staff who coordinate them are amazing. It is also a good value for money but the only problem was that there was no ensuite bathroom after it was advertised. There was a poor shower that had only cold water and the toilet was two flights of stairs up. I have stayed in other hostels before and the bathroom facilities disappointed.

• 16th Jun 2014

cold shower, no toilet in the 8 bed dorm. One manager in reception is rude. Great location. Don't get much backpacker atmosphere. free shuttle to airport is great !

We stayed in an 8-person room (21) which faced the street. The beds were comfortable however the toilet was up another flight of stairs and not in the room. Facing the street meant the room was noisy, especially with the windows open which would be a problem if you are a light sleeper. The staff were excellent, friendly and always willing to help. The wifi is only available in the reception and was very unreliable. Breakfast was simple but the food was good and there was plenty available.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6