Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

1) not convenient as there is no toilet in the room as the room is located in another block from the reception 2) staff are not really nice 3) need to wait outside the block to wait for the 4am shuttle bus to airport as the reception is closed! it was cool!

Free airport transport does NOT mean you will get free airport transport or even know if you are getting free airport transport. I waited for an hour for the bus that didn't come and when I asked why I had to take the public transport I was told the bus was broken and there was no replacement bus. I had to ask random people because there were no signs or anyone at information who knew about the bus being broken. Other then that the hostel was nice good location and I enjoyed my day trips.

In typical European fashion, WIFI was only available in the main lounge area, not in the rooms. Other than that, no problems at all. I'd recommend it.

• 12th Aug 2014

Nice and clean beds, not very clean bathrooms, nice shower though, awful luggage store it was dirty messy and stinky, not enough sockets in our room (only 2 for 8 beds..) ok breakfast and ok value for money, one staffmember was very helpfull, another was chaotic and unfriendly.

No water, so no toilet and no showers, which are basic needs. Good location.

Paddy's Palace Dublin is a really good hostel. I would stay there again, when I go to Dublin again.

• 8th Aug 2014

With the FREE transfers between the Airport and the Hostel, it made booking at Paddys a no brainer. The hostel was excellent value and perfect for my short stay.

I had a wonderful stay and met some AMAZING people. only problem was the wifi (maybe upgrade it if possible). and the fact that the wifi didn't work in the rooms was a bummer but totally liveable. also, i had booked a free tour for kilkenny and glendalough but they booked me for the wrong day and it ended up being full when i tried to go so i got kicked off the bus. luckily they had a similar half-day tour that they booked me for which was also very awesome and well worth it!

My friend and I stayed here because we had a Paddy wagon tour (Best tour ever!) They have issues with their key cards. It is posted that they start again every day at 11am for security but mine often stopped working and I had to wake my poor friend up to let me in. The lady at the front desk blamed it being near my phone. It wasn't near it at all but by the door. My friend also found period blood on her mattress which we felt was unacceptable. Won't stay there again. We had our own room.

• 1st Aug 2014

Great value for money. Some hooks or a shelf in our room would have been very helpful, a chair would have been fantastic, but generally a good place to stay.

• 29th Jul 2014

Overall we loved our stay here. The location was perfect and the extra bonus of having the free tour and free airport shuttle saved us some euros too. The only negative comment is that on the last night the fire alarm was triggered somehow and the way that the staff member on duty handled the situation was extremely unprofessional and offensive. I think the staff should be trained on how to handle similar situations with more respect and professionalism.

Nice and clean hostel. Bright big room for 4 people. Good breakfast, nice bathroom, hot water in shower. Wifi was a bit bad, but it was not too annoying. I would recommend Paddy's Palace!

Very good but a little aging especially the kitchen (not very clean). And the toilet are in insufficient number.

• 27th Jul 2014

Could not sleep at night- too loud with trams and such going by. Only 4 showers per floor where there were at least 32 beds, which were dirty. Would not recommend.

We've stayed here twice now. The second room was much nicer than the first room. It even had a shower and sink inside it. It does get uncomfortable at night sometimes with no air conditioning. It was the nicest of all the hostels we stayed at in all of Europe during our 6 weeks backpacking.

• 23rd Jul 2014

First bad review I've ever left; no hot water, mold under upper bunk bed, walked into a room where kids were living for weeks, clothes everywhere, very poor smell.. left for the airport on earliest shuttle at 4am to leave. Paddywagon was the complete opposite experience.. Sad to say it but other than the friendly staff, Paddys palace was badddd.

• 20th Jul 2014

Showers were set to extreme temperature, rubbish bins not emptied and floors not cleaned from previous hostel users, front desk not all that informative but in saying that there was decent breakfast provided, beds were clean, and good atmosphere!

Remarkable value is not consistent. The wifi is not working properly. The toilets are not very clean. Too hot in the rooms, and you can not open the window. Some receptionists were not too friendly.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Spain

All in all our stay was good. The free day trip to Glendalough and Kilkenny was amazing and a real treat. Our guide, Katherine, was very lovely and informative. The only thing which was very annoying is that the wifi wasn't working and no one seemed too bothered to sort it out for us. Many guests complained about it, but for our whole stay there was no wifi. Don't advertise wifi of there is none.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Hostel was clean and staff was very helpful. Wifi was sketchy, not really designed for large number of people. Still, it's free wifi, so you can't complain too much. We stayed 2 nights so there was an included day-long bus tour to Kilkenny. This was an excellent additional value. The free airport transfer to/from was perfect. Only problem was we had canceled one night of a 3-night stay, and did not end up in the room we expected (mixed dorm with ensuite) as we are a family with 2 children.

• 15th Jul 2014