Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

Nice and clean beds, not very clean bathrooms, nice shower though, awful luggage store it was dirty messy and stinky, not enough sockets in our room (only 2 for 8 beds..) ok breakfast and ok value for money, one staffmember was very helpfull, another was chaotic and unfriendly.

With the FREE transfers between the Airport and the Hostel, it made booking at Paddys a no brainer. The hostel was excellent value and perfect for my short stay.

I had a wonderful stay and met some AMAZING people. only problem was the wifi (maybe upgrade it if possible). and the fact that the wifi didn't work in the rooms was a bummer but totally liveable. also, i had booked a free tour for kilkenny and glendalough but they booked me for the wrong day and it ended up being full when i tried to go so i got kicked off the bus. luckily they had a similar half-day tour that they booked me for which was also very awesome and well worth it!

My friend and I stayed here because we had a Paddy wagon tour (Best tour ever!) They have issues with their key cards. It is posted that they start again every day at 11am for security but mine often stopped working and I had to wake my poor friend up to let me in. The lady at the front desk blamed it being near my phone. It wasn't near it at all but by the door. My friend also found period blood on her mattress which we felt was unacceptable. Won't stay there again. We had our own room.

• 1st Aug 2014

Great value for money. Some hooks or a shelf in our room would have been very helpful, a chair would have been fantastic, but generally a good place to stay.

• 29th Jul 2014

Overall we loved our stay here. The location was perfect and the extra bonus of having the free tour and free airport shuttle saved us some euros too. The only negative comment is that on the last night the fire alarm was triggered somehow and the way that the staff member on duty handled the situation was extremely unprofessional and offensive. I think the staff should be trained on how to handle similar situations with more respect and professionalism.

Nice and clean hostel. Bright big room for 4 people. Good breakfast, nice bathroom, hot water in shower. Wifi was a bit bad, but it was not too annoying. I would recommend Paddy's Palace!

Very good but a little aging especially the kitchen (not very clean). And the toilet are in insufficient number.

• 27th Jul 2014

Could not sleep at night- too loud with trams and such going by. Only 4 showers per floor where there were at least 32 beds, which were dirty. Would not recommend.

We've stayed here twice now. The second room was much nicer than the first room. It even had a shower and sink inside it. It does get uncomfortable at night sometimes with no air conditioning. It was the nicest of all the hostels we stayed at in all of Europe during our 6 weeks backpacking.

• 23rd Jul 2014

First bad review I've ever left; no hot water, mold under upper bunk bed, walked into a room where kids were living for weeks, clothes everywhere, very poor smell.. left for the airport on earliest shuttle at 4am to leave. Paddywagon was the complete opposite experience.. Sad to say it but other than the friendly staff, Paddys palace was badddd.

• 20th Jul 2014

Showers were set to extreme temperature, rubbish bins not emptied and floors not cleaned from previous hostel users, front desk not all that informative but in saying that there was decent breakfast provided, beds were clean, and good atmosphere!

Remarkable value is not consistent. The wifi is not working properly. The toilets are not very clean. Too hot in the rooms, and you can not open the window. Some receptionists were not too friendly.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Spain

All in all our stay was good. The free day trip to Glendalough and Kilkenny was amazing and a real treat. Our guide, Katherine, was very lovely and informative. The only thing which was very annoying is that the wifi wasn't working and no one seemed too bothered to sort it out for us. Many guests complained about it, but for our whole stay there was no wifi. Don't advertise wifi of there is none.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Hostel was clean and staff was very helpful. Wifi was sketchy, not really designed for large number of people. Still, it's free wifi, so you can't complain too much. We stayed 2 nights so there was an included day-long bus tour to Kilkenny. This was an excellent additional value. The free airport transfer to/from was perfect. Only problem was we had canceled one night of a 3-night stay, and did not end up in the room we expected (mixed dorm with ensuite) as we are a family with 2 children.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

No lockers in room so not great for security and a bit lacking in bathrooms and showers. Standard room, clean. You get what you pay for and this was right in line for the money.

I would not let my dog sleep in this hostel it was that bad!! Never never again!

• 14th Jul 2014

Water in showers too hot without regulator - can boil eggs in it how hot it is, no ventilation in bathrooms, no wireless in rooms, poor breakfast, kitchen appliancies old or broken, old squeeky house by traintracks- very noisy.

Security for left luggage very poor as they simply give you the key for the room and leave you to your own devices. You could take/go through any bag in there. Not even asked for proof that you had a room. Room clean but toilets though clean smelled pretty bad. Good value for money and very close to centre of Dublin

• 10th Jul 2014

No wifi at all in the room that we are staying in. No hot water in the middle of our stay. No power to charge our phones. Really badly kept hostel. All the basic stuff a backpacker need is deprived off. The only thing that pleases us was the free tour they offer to Glendalough or else this review will be worst than it is. I guess the hostel focuses more on day trip as it is a travel agency+hostel instead of hostel facilities (free trip is worth it for the discomfort though)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7