Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

I would not recommend this hostel to Anyone. Half the showers were broken and not available to use, causing a backup on the available ones. Then all of the showers had mold growing in them, which left a lingering mold smell in all the bedrooms...trust me. Lastly, on top of all of that half the shower heads were broken so you had to hold the shower head in your hand plus push the water on the whole time. Don't even get me started on the staff....rude and need more customer service training.

The whole interior should be renovatet. To less facilitys, only two toilets on one floor for two big dorms and our singel room. The single room what we had booked had nothing in it where we could place our stuff on it. The place is really loud and dirty. It isn't worth its money!

• 21st Aug 2015

Was fine, but probably would not choose to stay again, mostly because I did not care for the limited locker options (for instance, no lockers in rooms), and also thought that the internet/wifi was insufficient to barely-usable.

HORRIBLE. DO NOT STAY HERE.

I didn't enjoy my stay here. The girl at reception didn't explain anything. In the living room everybody can come in cause it's where the information point is, so it's not that private. The bedrooms aren't connected to the other shared rooms thus you have to go out. If you wash your hands you wet yourself since the stream of water is too powerful. There were only 4 plugs in a 12-beds room, and 2 bathrooms and 2 showers for all. The position isn't bad, a bit out. The breakfast was really good.

Both the showers in my floor were unclean and did not work at all.

• 15th Aug 2015

Very friendly staff and great location. Too many steeps up to room but otherwise great.

This was our second time staying here and it was much better. The staff working was very friendly and helpful.

I know hostels aren't meant to be a 5star stay but paddys palace could really use an upgrade. Mold on walls and ceilings, smells, well used linens and limited wifi ie couldn't reach room and was shut off at 11. This also goes for the paddys palace locations in Killarney and dingle where I also stayed during the 4 day tour with paddy wagon

• 6th Aug 2015

very friendly and helpful staff, especially Darren and the young lady with the long blonde hair

• 6th Aug 2015

Paddy's palace was fine to stay at, nothing out standing, and the showers were not in great shape, fairly clean, but one showerhead did not have an attachment to the wall. Having key card access was appreciated.

Hi, We booked a bus tour with Paddy's and it was great. Freddie was wonderful. The office however told us we would be back on a Thursday when in fact we were brought back on a Wednesday. We therefore had to cancel our Paddy's Palace reservation and book with someone else who could take us for two nights. My daughter however had to stay at Paddy's Palace for 2 hours one morning waiting for a late bus tour to begin. She said it was a good thing I did not stay there because it was filthy.

• 6th Aug 2015

This place sucked. We did not feel safe here. There were no lockers for our bags and the place was disgusting. The only good thing was the free shuttle to the airport.

The desk staff was very rude when we arrived and was acting like we were interrupting her evening. Couches in the lobby had gum on them.

Staff were often rude. Its shabby and needs a bit of maintenance There are enough showers/toilets for the guests

• 4th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

We arrived at 12:30am and the staff was so rude. He kept telling us that we needed to hurry cause we were wasting his time. I had reserved for 4 beds and their were only 2 beds available in our room after we payed. One of had to move and two of us had to share a bunk. When I spoke to the morning staff they said no refund. Kind of sucks since you pay per bed and only 3 beds were provided. I booked through hostelworld with the protected deposit so that this wouldn't happen and it did.

• 4th Aug 2015

I found the kitchen really messy, dirty and disorganized. The breakfast was really poor with no real coffee, only soluble coffee. You had also tea. A staff member should be helping in the kitchen during breakfast . It is expected to people to be respectful and helping with the cleaning but it is not always like this, so a staff should be helping with the organization.

Try and avoid room 16 unless you want to be awake from 6am when people start walking across the reception area as the room is directly below it. Staff were friendly but stressed out with weekend tours departing. Bathrooms smelt a little funky. A good place to crash for the night if doing a Paddy Wagon tour but there are many other hostels around the place that are only a short walk away.

Overall Paddy's palace is a good hostel, it just lacks but of cleanliness especially when it comes to the bathrooms (for 4 nights I had one use shower which didn't drain properly). However the breakfast was nice to have and the free airport helped saved a little of he stress of arriving and departing

• 31st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Arrived late and staff couldn't have been any less accommodating, common room was more a booking office than a common room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7