Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

Bit noisy in room 16 with bus drivers coming up and down the stairs before tours and having luggage room right next door, also sound carries down from the lobby where people are waiting for tours, not conducive to sleep when you are exhausted from a tour.

• 26th Jul 2015

Ideal location for concert in Croke Park. Nice room but no working light in bathroom making it unusable. Requested assistance with this from reception, but no follow up and receptionist was not forthcoming with help/friendliness. Also were told a random man ended up in our room "lost" having a shower! unsure how he got in. All in all good location, unfortunate about light and some unfriendliness at front desk.

• 24th Jul 2015

The staff had zero personality and were at times very rude. The rooms are very dirty and at least 15 years outdated. This was my first hostel experience and I will not be recommending Paddy's Palace Dublin to anyone. The wifi in the lounge (where the wifi is supposed to be best) is very shady and often doesn't work. Every chair/couch in the lounge is broken & the kitchen is far from sanitary as there is no hot water. The showers have zero water pressure and are pretty gross too. Mold everywhere!

• 20th Jul 2015

we were really nervous because of the reviews but this was totally fine, everything you need in a hostel, just clean up after yourself and don't turn the shower up to high heat by accident you'll never be able to touch the handle again haha!

There were signs around the room I had booked warning me to not leave any of my belongings unattended as the hostel takes no responsibility for lost property. I then decided I could not stay here as I was travelling alone and would not be able to shower or go out for dinner without leaving my bags in the room. I returned to reception, asking for a refund and was rudely declined even though I had only made a payment for the room 10 minutes prior. Disgusting customer service and security.

• 19th Jul 2015

Good location

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Slovakia

The hardest and most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept On!! Staff didn't really seem to want to be there, they were short with their answers which came across a bit rude. Free airport transfers is a bit misleading, need to check the fine print! No upselling of tours or information on hiring extra bedding/towels etc. if you're looking for just a bed to lay down on its got that but otherwise nothing special.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Not an unpleasant stay, but you get the feeling that they should either concentrate on their tour business or on their hostel business. They end up neglecting both in the end. Wifi won't reach your room. Little to no power sources in the rooms. Good comfortable beds. Good breakfast. Average

The only reason I stay at Patty's Palace is the free bus ride to the airport. I've been there four years in a row and have yet to have a warm, forget hot, shower. Showers are usually dirty and the one I had this time around was part storage area for cleaning supplies. The "luggage room" floor is covered with garbage, and bags are packed on top of each other so if you' first in good luck getting yours out. The kitchen is reasonably clean sometimes.

Every traveller has stories about stresses of travelling - some empathy for us who have travelled across the globe to get there will go a long way in helping us enjoy our journey. Online booking would not provide for the mechanism for me to pay ahead for the lower fare of GBP60 for the Giants Causeway day tour, despite trying several times.Wrote to you management explaining the situation and requesting putting me on the list for 12/07/2015 and paying directly but I could not even do that!

• Singapore

This hostel is good to stay in if you're either going or returning from one of their tours. However if you are one of the unlucky ones who are put on the 5th floor and have to carry your suitcase up 10 flights of narrow stairs then it's really hard. The room itself is fine and the room was clean. I do have to say that I'm not exaggerating when i say the push button showers that go for 10 seconds are something that needs to be fixed. Location was good and the free airport shuttle bus was handy.

• 11th Jul 2015

Furniture in lobby broken down and filthy. Lobby very messy with junk piled everywhere. Carpets very disgustingly worn and filthy throughout. Carpet and bedding in room stunk of urine. Bathrooms were barely passable, very worn out fixtures and an unclean feeling to everything. Swinging door on top floor banged shut all night long everytime somebody came or left.

• Couple, 41+

A little bit dirty and noisy.

Booked all female, ended up in mixed that smelled horrible. Breakfast was not adequately prepared (no milk, no clean dishes, and just at one cereal and weak tang). No wifi except in reception area that was closed off the greater part of the time we were at the hostel. People were sleeping in the hall outside our room as well, which made it very noisy and for extra people using the only shower.

old creepy men hollering at us down the hallway, clear shower doors for a mixed shower room. unsafe. had to cancel once we got there and stay in a hotel because it was so miserable.

• 10th Jul 2015

Excellent value for money. Great location I would stay again

• 9th Jul 2015

essentially you get what you pay for, definitely not the nicest hostel I stayed in, but it is good value for your money. I was disappointed with the staff competence. Staff members came into a private room and took something out of it, no note no nothing; makes you feel like they do it often to costumers. I thought that going into a private room and taking something out was unprofessional and definitely should be done with more caution regardless of the circumstance.

• 6th Jul 2015

Helpful staff, welcoming atmosphere in front foyer, appreciated transportation to airport and I was even given a free pen!! Great stay, thanks to you all!

• 4th Jul 2015

Hostel is old in need of maintance. Floor was dirty and room smelled a little moldy. Because of their tidiness I opted out of their free breakfast.

The staff were not as friendly and helpful as they could have been. I encountered one friendly staff member and everyone else made me feel that I was being an inconvenience.

• 2nd Jul 2015