Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

We booked a 4 ensuite bedroom and when we got there they gave us a 8 bedroom. We weren't happy at all and the staff wasn't helpful. He only said that everything was sold out and that we were allocated in that room regardless we had paid for a smaller one. There wasn't a toilet in the room only a shower and a sink and the shower was really poor. Everything in te kitchen was dirty and it was really small. It has been the worst experience ever!

Had such a great time a t Paddy's Palace. I felt so safe and assured that nothing would happen to my belongings while staying there. The staff was extremely helpful in getting me back to the Dublin airport in time for my flight (included with my reservation). I would highly recommend staying there. Go on the Paddy tour too. The drivers are a blast!

• 16th Oct 2014

We wasted a day because the hostel staff told us that she was booking us our 'free' day trip and upon arrival to the trip two days later, we were kicked off the bus, because our names weren't on the list and they had overbooked. If they would have told us that it was overbooked and we weren't able to make it that day, we would have made other arrangements. This was horrible and we wasted a day because of it.

The mattress smelled like urine. The bathrooms were too humid. The room were noisy because of the train and tramway.

Get wat u pay for. Hard to meet people. Atmosphere was dull and staff were average often heard couple of the male staff yelling at guests for no real reason.

Room 18 was probably designed for Hobbits as the ceiling is only head height. The free day tour was good though

one of the staff members (male) was incredibly rude- he spoke with an Indian accent which was difficult to understand- and he lacked patience when I asked him to repeat himself. This was a person who sat behind the desk to check people in. I also saw him have a yelling match with a customer in the lobby over a misunderstanding. Extremely un professional. The only other staff I interacted with happened to be female- and we're very pleasant, sweet, and helpful- I think one of their names is Liz

• 7th Oct 2014

Overall good hostel. Staff were friendly and dealt very well and professionally- and with a good level of compassion- with a homeless guy who came in to ask them and guests for money in the hostel. Good kitchen facilities. Good system to only let people in hostel who stay there- albeit a bit of an awkward layout. Nice and very clean rooms. Good hangout area. Lockers for free. Great value for price in Dublin!

The hostel staff was very polite. Good breakfast.. Bed linen was very clean,fresh and room was very clean! Thank you!

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Lithuania

It was really a great deal! Located closed to the center and with free transport to the airport ..and also a free tour included! I am really satisfied! :-)

Poor bathroom facilities, rooms were very clean.

I had cold showers as there was no hot water. I also had to continually hold the button in as the water stream only lasted a few seconds. There were leaks in the building. My booking was stuffed up and I was put in a bigger room. Other room users were really disrespectful talking at 4am. Beer had been spilt all the way up the stairs through the building. Pretty average.

No hot water in the shower and wifi didn't work. Front door of the building wouldn't open and had to wait for security to open the door. Beds were very comfy though

The location of the hostel was excellent, The room where we were in was maybe a little bit too small and noisy, but we may not complain with such low prices.

• 27th Sep 2014

The free shuttle and breakfast were a definite plus and the tours take off right from the hostel so that is a big plus as well.

• 27th Sep 2014

We chose this hostel because of two bonus - free ride to the airport and a free tour. The free tour was exellent and the driver Paul was awsome. But waiting at the airport on our arrival for a Paddywagon, which never showed up, we lost one and half hour and had to pay 24 euros (4 people) to get to the hostel. The room we had (18) and showers area were not nice and clean. The main area is full of laundry all the time - why?! Kitchen and dishes - not clean. However, staff was very friendly.

Great place to stay. Rooms and bathrooms are nice and clean, stuff is nice and helpful.

the loby had 25 or more bags of what looked like laundry and 26 cased of tour guides when we arrived. three days later when we returned from our tour of northern ireland it was still in the same place... the place was old and the windows were dirty . the rest of the building was in need of overhaul. the kitchen was worn out and no hot water to wash dishes and some of the electric appliances did not work right...the building was shabby and unkept....We saw the hostel in Galway was very clean .

• 25th Sep 2014

58 stairs was the killer,Im a reasonably fit woman,but lugging a 23 kg bag and backpack up near killed me.4 bedroom way too small for 3 travellers and bags. No powerpoints in bathrooms.Shower was an experience.Had to press for water every 5 seconds or so.Place was clean enough though.Had booked for 2 more nights but cancelled so lost all my deposit i had paid,not happy but we arranged other accomodation which only cost a few $$ more each,so we were grateful to get something else on short notice.

Brilliant cheap stay.. You get what you pay for and if you think your getting the ritz if you paid 10euros a night you will be disappointed. 10euros means basic

• 24th Sep 2014