Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

The shower is too hot to stand there for a few minutes, and the staff are unfriendly,also the place is really close to the DART, really noisy at night! Overall, It's bad experience for staying here!!

Bra läge, trevlig personal. Bra renlighet.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

The place was runned down and could do with some serious sprucing up. Shabby and drab. It was also very noisy. I had a better experience at SleepZone in Galway. The other two Paddy's Palace in Killarney and Annascaul were almost similar to the Dublin hostel.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Yes, great place. To stay, very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Arranged great tour. Only one negative point is that I wanted to get the 4 am free bus to the airport but I woke up early and went downstairs to reception area where the guy in charge said it is only 3.15 so go back to your room, nobody allowed here during the night, so I waited outside in the cold. When I checked out the same guy said I had no deposit for my key, but I said I had 5 euro deposit which he returned immediately. scam?

• 23rd Jun 2015

I cancelled my booking for the stay, after my bad experience on 12 June. I sent an email while I was on my tour with its parent/ associate company, Paddy Wagon. After 2 days of waiting for its reply to my cancellation, I asked the tour leader/ guide to call. The hostel confirmed receipt of my email and that it had not responded. The tour leader told the person to reply my email. As at today, I have yet to receive a reply.

The top stairs very narrow, not easy to manoeuvre suitcase

• 21st Jun 2015

It's a good place to spend a night at, however You shouldn't expect a five star hotel. The bathrooms could be more clean, but the beds and rooms are alright. Free breakfast, friendly staff and a short walking distance to the city center make for a very good value for money :)

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Poland

1) Waited for midnight pickup (promised earlier) from a few minutes before midnight till 1.00 am. No bus. 2) Shower was not working. 3) Narrow staircase and little room to move about for use of the toilet and wash basin. 4) Breakfast - insufficient for the number of guests. No replenishment on milk though it was an hour before closing. 5) Staff - ruder than expected. 6) Are reviews read? Common and repeated complaints - bus not turning up, rude staff, and crammed plus dirty place.

There is a staff (a negro) in the hostel who is very unhelpful and lazy. The rest we encountered are average.

Cheap for Dublin but cheap doesn't mean sleeping in a rats hole.

As it was right in the corner, it was pretty easy to get to. But overall it was a very standard place to go to. A good place to lay your head, especially as it was very cheap. The only drawback for me was that our room had ants in one corner although I guess this may be more due to the fact the last group might have left for somewhere but we never found out.

Clean. Staff were helpful. Handy if taking Paddy Wagon tours. Lots of steps for some rooms. Liked the free transport to the airport!

Toast heater or oven is not working, so basically ou could just have cereal on breakfast. Toilrt & bathroom are on tge same room so u may need to waut for more time. Tge only good thing is you could have free airport transfer and local tour. Orekse. Judt Pick some where eles. No one interact in the common room anyway. Always full of PPL checking in & out and tour enquiries.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

We had a good stay. We lucked out and didn't have roommates which was an added bonus. I read reviews mentioning cold showers, but I showered at night and only had hot water. I stayed two different times and the cleanliness of the bathroom really depends on the other people staying on your floor. The people who work there are helpful, and the tour guides are awesome (fenton) if you choose to check it a tour.

• 6th Jun 2015

I'm a light sleeper and they put me in a room under the where you can hear everything going on upstairs and your bathroom is shared with anyone coming into reception for rooms or paddywagon tours! I asked to move to another room the next night which was in a building from the which had much less traffic and better bathroom facilities but you could hear everything on the street including trains. The WiFi was also terrible , cutting out every few minutes. At least there was free breakfast.

The WORST place I have ever stayed at. Staff were the rudest, most unhelpful people I've ever met - one of them practically refused to refund us our key deposit when we checked out. Another totally tuned out and stared off into the distance when we tried to ask him about bus routes. Rubbish wasn't collected once in the entire 4 nights we were there. Bathrooms were filthy, unventilated and smelled disgusting! HATE this place. Don't waste your time.

Everybody was really friendly and helpful, but the hostel is pretty run down. The beds and linen are clean, but the toilets and showers were awful. Even if the hostel does not cost much you could expect everything to work and be clean.

• 3rd Jun 2015

I have mixed feelings because I couldn't help but feel like I was in a high school class trip where I'm being chaperoned. You have to be manually let in and out of the hostel by a physical person who sees you. So i guess that's secure... just inconvenient? Also the rooms don't have wifi, only the lobby which closes at 11:30p so basically no wifi for you. Other than that the room was a comfortable size and the bathroom was extremely clean.

Friendly staff. Location on North close to Connor street. Excellent location for paddywagon tours.

DO NOT RELY ON AIRPORT SHUTTLE IF YOU STAY HERE. We booked this hostel for the sole reason that it had the shuttle. We almost missed our flight because the shuttle was at least 45 minutes late (not sure when it actually showed up because we had to call an uber). The bus was stuck in traffic which is understandable however the staff was not responsive at all about our worries about getting to the airport. The employees were pretty rude in general, even when we were checking in and paying.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7