Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

Room was over allocated resulting in people in our beds when we returned at night and the rest of the night being disturbed by the chaos of everyone in the wrong rooms. Felt uncomfortable and unsafe and therefore didn't sleep at all. Facilities were poorly maintained. However, we did bring all this to reception in the morning and they refunded our money for us to find somewhere else to stay for the remaining of our trip. Possibly it was a one off mistake - just unfortunate for us!

• 9th Sep 2014

Everything about the hostel was very good, the location was ideal, everything was clean, loads of information regarding places to visit & even free trips, very efficient staff & overall great value for money. The only downside was the free bus which failed to turn up for the 2pm airport trip which meant waiting on the coach park for 3.5 hours which is a long time when your only on a one day visit.

• 9th Sep 2014

Stayed here before starting a paddywagon tour, not the best decision. It was convenient for the tour and it was really close to the centre of town but the faculties were not the best. Had a cold shower, wifi was below average and there are some strange and scary people that are allowed to stay. I didn't feel 100% safe and there are no lockers for your bag in the room.

Stayed ther for 2 days. And for 20 euros Got the bed, the shower, free tour that was amazing plus free transfer to and from the airport. Breakfast is included. Whay else could i expect? Serioisly i have a laugh when i read the other reviews. Do you need more tham that? Try Hilton hotel.

Shower was boiling hot - it burnt my scalp. Reception staff were very poor - didn't know what they were doing. The advertisements dont show all of the paddy wagon bus times.

• 1st Sep 2014

After a day of sightseeing I was horrified to discover that my bag had disappeared from my room. Thankfully it was being held at the reception desk -- apparently the girl who checked me in had given me the wrong room and not made any record of it, so the other staff had no idea whose bag it might be. The room smelled bad and the showers were terrible. The first was scalding hot with no temperature control, and the second had no curtain so the whole floor was covered in water.

• 31st Aug 2014

One negativ point: they don't have cold water. We had really HOT showers - or none.

I stayed at other hostels in Scotland and Paddys Palace simply did not compare. The property was quite chopped up with the reception and food/lounge area in a separate building than the bedrooms. There was a wait of over half an hour to have staff check us in. Lots of oeople behind the counter but not many doing anything. We found policies to be inconvenient. Your key was deactivated every morning so you had to wait for staff to re activate it. Staff not very friendly.

• 27th Aug 2014

1) not convenient as there is no toilet in the room as the room is located in another block from the reception 2) staff are not really nice 3) need to wait outside the block to wait for the 4am shuttle bus to airport as the reception is closed! it was cool!

Free airport transport does NOT mean you will get free airport transport or even know if you are getting free airport transport. I waited for an hour for the bus that didn't come and when I asked why I had to take the public transport I was told the bus was broken and there was no replacement bus. I had to ask random people because there were no signs or anyone at information who knew about the bus being broken. Other then that the hostel was nice good location and I enjoyed my day trips.

In typical European fashion, WIFI was only available in the main lounge area, not in the rooms. Other than that, no problems at all. I'd recommend it.

• 12th Aug 2014

Nice and clean beds, not very clean bathrooms, nice shower though, awful luggage store it was dirty messy and stinky, not enough sockets in our room (only 2 for 8 beds..) ok breakfast and ok value for money, one staffmember was very helpfull, another was chaotic and unfriendly.

No water, so no toilet and no showers, which are basic needs. Good location.

Paddy's Palace Dublin is a really good hostel. I would stay there again, when I go to Dublin again.

• 8th Aug 2014

With the FREE transfers between the Airport and the Hostel, it made booking at Paddys a no brainer. The hostel was excellent value and perfect for my short stay.

I had a wonderful stay and met some AMAZING people. only problem was the wifi (maybe upgrade it if possible). and the fact that the wifi didn't work in the rooms was a bummer but totally liveable. also, i had booked a free tour for kilkenny and glendalough but they booked me for the wrong day and it ended up being full when i tried to go so i got kicked off the bus. luckily they had a similar half-day tour that they booked me for which was also very awesome and well worth it!

My friend and I stayed here because we had a Paddy wagon tour (Best tour ever!) They have issues with their key cards. It is posted that they start again every day at 11am for security but mine often stopped working and I had to wake my poor friend up to let me in. The lady at the front desk blamed it being near my phone. It wasn't near it at all but by the door. My friend also found period blood on her mattress which we felt was unacceptable. Won't stay there again. We had our own room.

• 1st Aug 2014

Great value for money. Some hooks or a shelf in our room would have been very helpful, a chair would have been fantastic, but generally a good place to stay.

• 29th Jul 2014

Overall we loved our stay here. The location was perfect and the extra bonus of having the free tour and free airport shuttle saved us some euros too. The only negative comment is that on the last night the fire alarm was triggered somehow and the way that the staff member on duty handled the situation was extremely unprofessional and offensive. I think the staff should be trained on how to handle similar situations with more respect and professionalism.

Nice and clean hostel. Bright big room for 4 people. Good breakfast, nice bathroom, hot water in shower. Wifi was a bit bad, but it was not too annoying. I would recommend Paddy's Palace!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7