Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

Showers were set to extreme temperature, rubbish bins not emptied and floors not cleaned from previous hostel users, front desk not all that informative but in saying that there was decent breakfast provided, beds were clean, and good atmosphere!

All in all our stay was good. The free day trip to Glendalough and Kilkenny was amazing and a real treat. Our guide, Katherine, was very lovely and informative. The only thing which was very annoying is that the wifi wasn't working and no one seemed too bothered to sort it out for us. Many guests complained about it, but for our whole stay there was no wifi. Don't advertise wifi of there is none.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

I would not let my dog sleep in this hostel it was that bad!! Never never again!

• 14th Jul 2014

Security for left luggage very poor as they simply give you the key for the room and leave you to your own devices. You could take/go through any bag in there. Not even asked for proof that you had a room. Room clean but toilets though clean smelled pretty bad. Good value for money and very close to centre of Dublin

• 10th Jul 2014

No wifi at all in the room that we are staying in. No hot water in the middle of our stay. No power to charge our phones. Really badly kept hostel. All the basic stuff a backpacker need is deprived off. The only thing that pleases us was the free tour they offer to Glendalough or else this review will be worst than it is. I guess the hostel focuses more on day trip as it is a travel agency+hostel instead of hostel facilities (free trip is worth it for the discomfort though)

No atmosphere at the hostel, the contingent was absolutely bizarre and staff seemed to want to be anywhere else but there.. Would not stay again.

When coming to use the internet for an important booking of a special event we were attending, there were no seats available in one lounge area, but the other lounge area had many. There were 4 lounges and only two staff sitting. When I went to sit on one, a bald man (maybe manager?) rudely dismissed me to sit elsewhere as they were having a meeting. There was no where else to sit, and having a bad knee injury, I can't stand for long. So I had to leave and find an Internet cafe. He was very rude

No wifi access in top floor of hostel. Wifi speed is accessible in lobby but the speed is slow.

Pretty giod location, central right next to busaras so great for a one night stop if you arrive late or are leaving early. The hostel is very dated and lacks atmosphere, it does not feel safe and the fact that a staff member advised it was not good idea to leave my bags in the communal area as well as the fact that the door into the hostel building which is next door was not working as it looked like someone had forced it open means it scores v low on security. No lifts to rooms.

Great stuff, best location, not enough electrical plugs(only 2 in 10 people room). If you look for place to visit Irleand it's the best location, close to everywhere. I really enjoyed this hostel. The kitchen could be a little bit cleaner(microwave).

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Poland

Staff were unhelpful and following overbooking a room made it seem like I was a nuisance to find me a new room. Toilets were disgusting, doors didn't lock. Minimal options for security, a girl had her laptop stolen while there. No common rooms large enough to allow socialising. Internet was extremely bad which can be a travellers only way of communication. Had orginally booked 5 nights but cancelled after two nights and moved to different hostel.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The rooms are tiny and my mattress smelt like stale sweat, the showers are awful and for my last night there was no hot water. The wifi is so bad it's unusable

I stayed there for 2 nights. they have strict security system that you have to activate your room card everyday. the shuttle bus was really useful and i think the location is also pretty good since they take you there. HOWEVER "NO WIFI" it was terrible. i couldn't connect wifi even in the robby. of course u can't use it in your room. plus there are only 4 outles in one dorm room for 8people and few of them were broken. it's good if you are gonna stay in dublin for only 1 night. but no more

Awful staff and everything. Rude.

All the areas especially bedrooms and bathrooms are visually clean but did not smell clean. Perhaps automated freshers could be added to your list of must have items.

• 30th Jun 2014

I mean, you get what you pay for. I was happy to be ungraded to a private room when I only paid for a 4-bed mixed dorm. That was a nice surprise. However, some of the staff are young and inexperienced. And the Kitchen area is small, usually overcrowded, and not the cleanest. But again, for a hostel, it's not horrible. They offer a free day tour to Kilkenny (stay 2 or more nights, make sure u sign up as it's not guaranteed).

• 27th Jun 2014

Wifi only works in common room, showers are on a timer system. The tours they provide were really nice. We went to the cliffs of Moher and the bus driver was thoroughly entertaining with all his jokes and songs.

• 27th Jun 2014

Paddys in Dublin was a mixed bag. It is value for money, day trips were excellent and the staff very helpful; nonetheless, cleanliness could have been a lot better. The bathrooms on the 3rd floor of the hostel stunk like a urinal, a staff member was advised, but the smell got stronger as the days went by; also toilets downstairs next to the rec room were appalling. Additionally, the water was either way too hot or too cold in the showers, there was no way to moderate this.

Worst hostel ever. Placed in incorrect rooms without the facilities we paid for, yet the facilities were so horrible that we chose not to shower and used the pub facilities up the road. The smell in the rooms could've killed you, with carpeted floors and no ventilation. Security was lacking, someone had to buzz you in and were letting people not staying there through and also making you wait a long time to get in. Too bad if you were being followed in the unsafe location. Railway above, noisey.

• 26th Jun 2014

Great location, just a 10 min walk to O'Connell Street. Bus station is about a 1 min walk away, and they give free shuttle rides to and from the airport. Great for individual travelers and groups. Kitchen was clean, but the fridge was insanely packed full of stuff that was not labeled, so I think that could be more organized. The march upstairs to the rooms is exhausting and half the time the room card keys stop working, so I had to trek back down and up again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7