Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

Extremely dirty hostel!!! Unsafe for the health!

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Russia

Shower and heating in ensuite we booked did not work. No refund or alternative refund offered.

• 20th Dec 2014

Located in the city centre , good connectivity as well

• 18th Dec 2014
  • India

The staff were not helpful i requested there help with a few things and you'd swear I asked them to break the law ... The private room was like a hot press with no mirror (for girls this is a necessity) ... There was rubbish on front steps and in the halls.. Anyone can go to the baggage room they did not check names or I.D for this.

This hostel was ok. The main beef was that there were only small lockers available. When you're out all day I'd rather have the peace of mind that all of your belongs are secure. Also, the room I was in didn't have double glazing. That's not the best in winter, and when there is a train line right outside your windows. It's not a terrible place to stay but you can tell the person who owns the place has not been a backpacker.

• 4th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel was great. It was also affiliated with giving tours in Ireland. Also it had vouchers for places in Dublin in which you can get a discount. All the staff members were friendly.

Want to thank the staff for returning an item I had left behind in the room after my first stay. Was very grateful to get it back.

I like the accomodation because it is near to the city centre, there is also a free airport shuttle which normally costs about 6 Euros. I paid 20 Euros for two nights and got a free day trip which was amazing. The staff is very helpful, answers quickly to E-mails (also give you a good feeling when you ask stupid questions ;-). For me it was the first time in a hostel and staying two nights in a city which I haven't known before. I think Paddy's Palace was the right decission.

• 26th Nov 2014

I stayed in an 8 person dorm. The room was spacious with large windows and the bedding was better quality then expected, however the room itself was quite dirty, it seemed like the floor hadnt been swept in weeks. Also there was an 'ensuite' with a sink and shower - no toilet. People had clearly used the shower as a toilet because that room smelt like urine and the heat would work erratically which just cooked the smell and the whole place just smelt like urine. Past reviews were misleading

The staff were kind and helpful. However they didn't tell people to go outside when smoking and that causes the fire alarms to go off at the most inconvenient times. For example. 10am... not happy.. The bathrooms were withstandable But over all it was an okay stay.. although I had expected better.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The entire place is lined with mold that had my allergenic roommate swollen-eyed and miserable the entire stay. Their 'free breakfast' is a complete fabrication. Their 'wifi' doesn't exist in the hostel rooms and shuts off in the lobby at 11pm anyways. The bathroom are filthy, and if you take a shower longer than 4 minutes the fire alarms start going off... Probably because they want you to get out of the shower so they can save money on their water bill.

• 20th Nov 2014

We were told our room was ready for book in (as it was after book in time

• 20th Nov 2014

Absolute foolishness. Watching the desk agents flirt with the other travelers was the highlight of my stay.

The sleeping arrangements was very good. The only thing that I thought let it down was the facilities for breakfast....there where a lot of foreign customers but the notes where all in English....I had to go to the staff for a message that the water container for teas where empty and they didn't know how to fill it....

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Wales

We were a group of 5 people and booked this hostel because we could all stay in the same room. When we arrived, the girl at the reception said that they had split our group in two rooms and she was pretty rude. One of the two rooms was awfully smelly, we had to sleep with the window open. The next day there was a guy at the reception and all of a sudden there was no problem to change rooms and stay all together in the same (non-smelly) room...

The staff were really friendly. The room was really clean. The only thing it's highly inconvenient is the fact the hostel doesn't offer wi-fi service in the dorms and that you have to go out to the street to be able to get to your dorm. We had an excellent weather those days but I don't want to imagine having to go outside on a cold rainy day. Everything else was good. The free shuttle to the airport is awesome, although the driver was rude.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Superb location. Free Wi-Fi. Free breakfast. Free tour :))) BUT common area close at 11 PM. So if you need use Wi-Fi at evening – you can't do it :(((

Room was very spacious, but windows were old and there was a draught. Overall good experience.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Wifi needs to be situated throughout the whole building. It was annoying having to go to the reception area just to use the wifi

Unfortunately during my stay I found the staff impersonal (but not unfriendly) and the visitors there not particularly sociable. Not everyone goes on trips to socialise with other travellers, but I was disappointed with the general atmosphere. Perhaps this would be a different story another time. Having the common area and kitchen area so far from our room was also a hindrance; and we felt those facilities could have been better laid out.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6