Paddy's Palace Dublin Reviews

5 Beresford Place, Lr. Gardiner St, Dublin, Ireland

The paddywagon tours are terrific . The hostel is is terrible shape and needs a total overhaul. The luggage room is full of trash. The woman's shower needs repairs. Bad shape overall. The furniture in Lobby very dirty.

Advised staff of cold showers and theysaid it had been fixed. Proceeded to havw cold shower as soon as i started through washing hair. Security was a joke. . we as two young females were often asked what room we were staying in by the long term stays and they knew a way to open the door without asking permission from office staff. Awoke one night to a random guy sleeping in the common area towards the toilet with his sleeping bag.

• 21st Mar 2015

I think that the bedrooms were really small, very dirty all the rooms. Also not availble bathrooms (only two per 20 people). And also the receptionist-sevcurity man working at night is very rude and unpolite and he behaves the tourists as in the jail.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Greece

Bad: We arrived late at night and there was an stressed man taking care of the main door security and doing the check-in, therefore it took us more than 20 minutes to check-in. In the kitchen there is no enough space for all the people sleeping there. No lockers and no WIFI in the bedrooms and only 2 sockets for 6 people. There are only 2 bathrooms and 4 showers/floor. Good: People on day shift are nice and the accommodation is well-located...just 15-20 minutes walking from Temple bar

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Spain

The staff were extremely unhelpful and "forgot" to tell my friends and I vital information about the keys to the rooms--you have to reactivate them every day while the office is open. The rooms are decent, not noticeably dirty. The free breakfast is just corn flakes, bread and milk, and the free wifi is only available in the office during office hours 8am-11pm. Really, it would have been fine if the staff were more friendly.

• 19th Mar 2015

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!! This is the worst hostel I've ever experienced. I've stayed in hostels all over Europe and this takes the cake. I tried to type my experience out but I've run out of space. This hostel was so awful that we cancled the last two nights and have yet to get our money back... Trust me, do NOT stay here.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • American Samoa

Staff yelled at people a lot! And I mean a lot not myself in particular but other guest, wifi was not able to work in bedrooms on in lounge and even then it hardly worked. Bedroom smelt awful and bathroom seemed like it never got cleaned. And I don't think my duvet was washed. Location was the best thing

Not worth the 55 euro for a saturday night!!

Not a bad hostel, however it is lacking any sort of community atmosphere. No hang-out area except for in the main lobby with the reception desk which is not the most social area. We were disappointed that there was no wifi access in the rooms, and the wifi in the common area was not good. Regarding security, it would have been nice to have lockers to put our valuables in, but the lockers they have are too small for some things.

A great location in the centre of Dublin, but the hostel itself was a bit of a letdown. Building was run-down, wi-fi did not reach to the rooms, no community-feeling whatsoever, dirty kitchen, minimal breakfast options. If you're just looking for the bare bones bed to sleep in, it's not the worst place, but do not expect the most pleasant experience. One plus was that the staff was very friendly and knowledgable.

no lockers in the rooms location - good, close to temple bar, main street, right by train station staff - very friendly and helpful! no wifi in rooms, wifi by front desk not good

I enjoyed my stay. It has all the basic necessities for a hostel. The staff were very helpful. The facilities were clean tidy and I felt secure.

• 9th Mar 2015

Wildly unimpressed with this hostel. Having backpacked all through Central America I expected more for what I payed. The staff was rude and seemed surprised that I was asking them for advice, towels, and when I asked for help regarding our room. The bathroom wasn't very clean and the wifi was basically non-existent. Overall a pretty average/poor experience. The staff was what took it over the edge for me. They were unhelpful and snarky. Very unwelcoming and unaccomidating.

• 8th Mar 2015

Very nice place but it's a pity about no private bathrooms as some guests are disgusting and don't know how to flush a toilet!

• 6th Mar 2015

Airport pick up was very convenient. Saved me money and hassle. No lockers in the room. But hostel was secure. Sink water pressure was very strong and make a mess everywhere, but it wasn't a deal breaker. No problem with the staff. Wasn't a hostel that I loved, but I didn't hate it either. It did the trick. Overall, satisfied.

• 6th Mar 2015

Upon being greeted in a less than enthusiastic manner, they informed us that the free Glendalough/Kilkenny your we had wanted to go on (main reason we stayed 2 nights) was full and did not recommend any other suggestions. The next morning, I overheard them booking someone on that tour that was departing in 45 min (the one we wanted). There were 2 spots left and that woman got one so we had to pay for an outside tour group. Disappointed they lied to my face. Won't be staying here again.

Our stay was good for just staying two nights! There was free breakfast, and a free day tour to Kilkenny and the Wicklow Mountains. The staff was very helpful, and the facilities were pretty clean!

Paddy's Palace was the first hostel I've ever stayed in, and it has been a good first experience! The staff was very nice and the atmosphere in the hostel was great and welcoming. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 28th Feb 2015

Overall stay at paddys palace was not that great. Me

• 26th Feb 2015

There was no hot water for 3 days, and when i confronted the staff they simply done nothing. I paid a lot for a tiny room with a bunk bed and cold showers, and well cold shower in a cold city like dublin is not very ideal start of a day. I would not recommend. Also the staff was far from friendly. I would reconsider to stay there honestly. Location is the best of the all thing.

• 26th Feb 2015