Paddy's Palace Hostel Derry Reviews

'1 Woodleigh Terrace, Derry, BT48 7ED, Derry, Northern Ireland

Staff were fab! Very helpful

• 7th Apr 2014

Paddy's Place was a very friendly and homey place to stay with very friendly and helpful staff.

The bed was very comfortable, everything very clean, hot water for everyone although the pressure wasn´t very good. Good location in a quiet area of the city. The staff were very nice and friendly, very good at recommending pubs and restaurants but not very good at tourism information.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Unfortunately we were booked in to Paddys Palace and then shown our room in another building. No Wifi, no heat, no breakfast, no staff, in the building we were assigned. Cob webs hanging from the ceiling in the bathrooms. Staff at main house appeared to sit and play on their computers? We asked about the heat? Didn't help. We emailed Steve who owns the hostel...no reply...it has been almost two weeks. What he offered online and in Rick Steve's books do not match.

The hostel was clean and friendly. I really did hate using the showers though. The shower would go from scolding hot to cold. I told the staff and they said it waws normal. The hostel was in a good location. Fast interent and the standard free breakfast. The fridges needed to be clean out as i throw out some food with mold on it and chicken that was 2 weeks old and making the fridge smell.

A good place, but nothing extraordinary. There is no space where to put your stuff in the rooms. The bathrooms are quite cold, no heating at all. The kitchen and the common area are nice. The location is good.: the Museum of Free Derry is five minutes by foot and you're at the hostel after ten or fifteen minutes walk.

nice staff and location but this beautiful old characteristic house could really need a bit more cleaning and carring from the staff - it could be a very nice hostel if the cleaning option would be really used as needed.

• 30th Dec 2013

Filthy kitchen and bathrooms. Freezing cold in the bedrooms. Rowdy party til 4am one night which staff didn't manage - I had to pretend I was a staff member and threaten to eject the kids responsible in order for them to be quiet. A random used a key to enter my room in the middle of the night - security is obviously poor. Worst hostel I have ever stayed in!!

There is paint peeling off the walls, which look dull and dirty. I cannot be 100% sure the beds were freshly made as the sheets were old and had fluff over them as though someone had slept on them. The room had a unfresh and stale smell. In general the hostel is old, dull and dreary. However it was cheap and did the job for an overnight stay. I would not rush back.

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Northern Ireland

Perfecly lovely and perfecly fine. Exactly what you would want in a hostel. Lovely staff - they could not do enough for their visitors. I would cetainly recommend. Great location, the area is quite safe and the neighbours were friendly !!

• 30th Nov 2013

I stayed here only for half a day but the staff at check-in was super helpful and friendly. There's no locker inside the room but there are some small ones outside close to the staircases. There's only one shower and one bathroom on each floor, but it wasn't a problem for me since I was here on a really quiet tuesday and there weren't many people staying at the hostel. Bathroom and shower are both clean. The hostel is located about a 15 minute walk from the bus station.

Thanks a million for the nice positive comments about our beloved Paddys Palace Hostel. Just one quick point, there are several showers on each floor, you just happened to book a room with a shared bathroom, if you had booked an ensuite you'd see there are several showers on each floor. We hope to welcome you back again in future, take care StephenMc

very cosy common room with fireplace, lovely staff!

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

Best Staff Ever! Go to this hostel, they are amazing.