Paddy's Palace Hostel Derry Reviews

'1 Woodleigh Terrace, Derry, BT48 7ED, Derry, Northern Ireland

I had a nice time there. Breakfast is included, the staff is very nice and helpful. They need more fridges and showers. That was the only downside.

The facilities were in poor condition. There was no hot water in the bathrooms except for one shower. The breakfast was terrible, mostly day old bread and pastries bought at reduced prices. In my building the jam was moldy. A kitchen sign stated that guests were to was and dry plates and silverware after use, but there were no clean towels to wash and dry the utensils with. The laundry facilities were OK, but there was always a queue for the single unit in use. The staff were good.

• 25th Jul 2014

We didn’t stay in the main building, but in the other one. None of the bathrooms was really clean, there was no toilet paper in one of them. One of the doors couldn’t be locked. Our room was damp & there was a bad odour. The kitchen work disc as well as the cooker was greasy and dirty and seemed to have been in this state for a longer time already. The staircase was also dirty and had need of being hoovered.

Room was far too small, there was barely room to walk between the beds and nowhere to put bags etc. Staff wouldn't accept payment by credit card even though sign outside had Visa/Mastercard logos; when I returned from the cash machine, the member of staff on duty had difficulty understanding the concept of a receipt - I eventually got a post-it note with something scribbled on it. Kitchen too small and cluttered with unwashed dishes- due to other guests but shows lack of dilligence bystaff.

Room was very small with barely enough room to walk between the bunks and nowhere to put bags etc. Staff refused to accept payment by credit card despite Visa/MC sign outside, when I got back from cash machine the person on duty had difficulty understanding the concept of a receipt. Only one shower, kitchen was a mess, I could go on. We had another booking for a few days later- we cancelled it . Hostel has a sort of 60s chsrm but organisation is a mess!