Paddy's Palace Killarney Reviews

31 New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

This was a great hostel. The only thing I found slightly annoying was that there was only one socket in the form of 6... Made it difficult for us to charge our stuff.

I had a very good experience in this hostel it was very cheap and very reasonable, I would stay again and I would strongly recommend it to others, it was very clean and very warm too

The wi-fi didn't work in the rooms, neither in the kitchen. You can find good wi-fi in the stairs, but it was necessary restart it sometimes in the day. It's really important have a good wi-fi because is the best way we can contact our families in our countries. Also you can make some little improvements like to fix some plumbing problems and have a hairdrier . I was in private room and it was difficult to know what was the cold water and what was the hot water, also in the kitchen faucet grips.

Overall, the location and security was great. My biggest disappointment was the bathroom was horrible. There was definitely a mold issue and the smell was overwhelming. I was scared to use the toilet, thinking suddenly the plumbing might back up. There was limited plug ins so getting to charge something was hit or miss. The wifi was close to non existent.

Really nice staff, really nice location, value for money awesome

Dorms and bathrooms were really small but okay for 1 night. Bathrooms were moldy and didn't smell good. There were holes in the floor and in the ceiling and some doorknobs were broken. The staff was nice. One power outlet for the whole room of 6

This was such a refreshingly nice hostel experience. It was clean, the water pressure in the showers was so good. The atmosphere was such that you had the choice whether to be social, or do your own thing. Management and staff were extremely accommodating and friendly.

The wifi only works in the TV room, which can suck because it was upstairs for me, but definitely manageable. Also only two toilets both with the shower in them,mso if people are showering you are screwed for the toilet. They are very specific about which rooms use which facilities. Bonus side to that, you have a large space to shower, and the water is HOT! Which was great.

I booked the hostel for 1 night and it was perfect. We had our own bathroom with shower and the room was very clean and big. The people working there were very friendly and the kitchen/breakfast room has a great atmosphere. Just the toast for the breakfast was a little bit old, but for the cheap price it was one of my best hostels I've ever booked in Ireland. So I would definitely stay there again!

Cheap but very clean !!! Near from the National park and pubs. Perfect !!!! Alexis (who runs the hostel) is a very welcoming person too ! Thanks for everything !

• 28th Sep 2015

Dorms and bathrooms were really small but okay for 2 nights. Bathroom on the fist floor was big and clean. Bathroom on the other floors were moldy and didn't smell good. Unfortunately there were no hand towels or paper towels. There were holes in the floor and in the ceiling and some doorknobs were broken. The staff was nice.

My second time staying here and it's my favourite hostel in Killarney and most of Ireland in general. Great/friendly staff and I had wonderful roommates.

Great staff, location and facilities. only downside was the bad wifi.

We stayed in one of the rooms on the first floor. this is also the floor that everyone congregates to before and after going out on town. This makes the room pretty noisy. One late night, someone (i think a drunk person) just walked into the room, turned on the lights, said something, then walked out. Leaving the lights on. The bunk beds are not sturdy, it shakes with every movement of the body. no way to secure bag. shower leaks.

We were really really impressed with Paddy's Palace and in particular the service we received from the French man (sorry unsure of his name). He was super helpful and friendly. Kitchen facilities were great and just what we needed - we were in need of a cooked meal not a pub meal! Would definitely stay again and wished we could have stayed longer!

What to say about paddys palace, for 12€ per night, the breakfast is very good. You will get toast, cereal, coffee and tea. The staff in the hostel is very helpful. the rooms are not big, but the beds are clean and comfortable, there is an ensuite bathroom, wich is very small, but fine. There is nearly everywhere in the house WIFI. And the best thing about the hostel, after a 2min walk you are in the main street.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Austria

Had a nice stay at Paddys Palace! Lovely staff. Nice and close to everything.

The staff is really excellent, and I was very grateful to be upgraded to a private room, since I recently had knee surgery, so couldn't easily stay in an upper bunk, which was all that was available. The hostel is within a few minutes walking distance of the downtown area, and parking is available on the street outside, at least from 6:30-8 (although there's a few free spots at the north end of the street, just before the supermarket :-). The owners should make the upgrades the managers suggest.

there where some people locked out at 5am who kept banging to get back in, might be a better way to take of this instead of waking everyone up. But besides that, this place is awesome. Highly recommend it!

Very decent hotel in the heart of Killarney town. It does really good for the cheap price with a nice breakfast.