Paddy's Palace Killarney Reviews

31 New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

I was in a room at the top of the house but I did feel vulnerable if there was a fire. There did not seem to be clear instructions on what to do if there was a fire and I could not see any directions to a fire escape stairs outside. Otherwise I found it to be good value and friendly. Camillus Muldowney 087 2558084

• 20th Jun 2015

Pros: Good breakfast and common room. Nice location in town and close to national park. Good water pressure in Dorm 2 bathroom. Relatively clean. Cons: Dorm 2 smelled bad due to the mold in toilet. The toilet floor gets very wet after any single shower. Wifi was very spotty. Staff were just polite at the most and didn't offer information about the local area.

Great value for the money but the wifi is really spotty and the staff are nice but not passionate about Ireland. Also the atmosphere is not set up for travelers to hang out due to a lack of space.

The beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was worth getting up in the morning like bread and peanut butter and cereal! It was super good value for the money. I think they should probably get rid of the mold in the bathrooms tlhough, I don't care when I'm only there for a night but it was so bad to the point where if the bathroom was open we could smell it. Just doesn't seem to be super safe. Besides that it was a very fun environment and hiked with some girls all day fron my room!

I liked this hostel, but I found the spotty wifi to be frustrating. It's nice to be able to use the hostel to check email, make further travel plans, etc., and instead we were having to wait around for long periods for it to even work so we could do things like booking train tickets and other hostels. It seemed like a fun social place and there was a good amount of space to hang out there.

We spent a night in the hostel. The rooms and toilet are very clean. Breakfast completed. Recommended.

The bathroom smelted like the sewer, couldn't be locked. But regardless of that, the place was excellent. The staff made a relaxed atmosphere and the visitors were great.

This was by far my favourite hostel of my trip so far. I really enjoyed the intimacy of the kitchen and common area. My only complaint was that the toilet in my room was rather funky smelling and didn't lock. Otherwise excellent! Thabks guys!

Staff is nice. There is a family atmosphere in the hostel. Hostel is clean. A computer is available for customers.

The staff was nice and the breakfast good. The doors are a little bit squeaky and loud, and we couldn't lock the bathroom.

The hostel is good. Bathrooms clean, but the bedrooms less clean.. And the staff was no so nice, didn't say hello when we arrived, and looked irritated for all what we can ask or do...

The hostel had some negative aspects such as: very few outlets in the room, spotty wifi, a shower that leaked all over the bathroom, no lock on the bathroom door. However, if you can overlook those flaws, this is a great place to crash for a night: comfortable beds, friendly staff, and you certainly can't go wrong with the price!

Nice and cheap hostel with friendly staff

Staff did not advice us about what we could see and what we could do in Killarney... It was surprising for people working in an hostel not to know the places for a good restaurant in Killarney and leisures which were accessible in the national park....

Room was dirty. Walls filthy, holes I'm walls and ceiling. Bed linen had female head hair on it. I know it's a hostel but there is no excuse for a lack of cleanliness! They don't take payment by card either so after my long journey I was forced to go to the bank and withdraw cash. I have been in much better hostels.

• 27th Mar 2015

Kevin is a real asset to this establishment.

They had everything a backpacker needs: Bed, kitchen, fridge, wi-fi and breakfast (which is always nice). I stayed 3 nights in a dorm and I think it was ok. Staff was nice and friendly and I enjoyed watching movies with them. Only thing I didn't like was the break between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM, when customers are not allowed to be in the hostel, when I was soaking wet after the rainy day in National park and I had to wait to get in. But other than that, nice place for cheap price.

It's a really nice hostel, really close to the bike rental and to the Nationalpark :D I really ike the Paddywaggon hostels and i also did a lot of tours with them. The pubs are only a short walk away :D

The room smelled like mold a bit, the bathroom inside the room was old, but the water was nice and hot. I did not like there was no shower mat on the floor so when you step out of the shower there was water on the floor. Other than that the staff was super friendly and open the kitchen for us in the morning before breakfast started because we had to leave early in the morning. Nice place to stay and I like how big the kitchen was for cooking.

The staff was incredibly unfriendly, and you could tell they didn't want to be there. Everything seemed to be broken, or in the process of becoming broken. It was dirty, there was cobwebs everywhere, the sheets weren't changed after use, and the bathroom door didn't shut. There is a time slot: 2pm-4pm that no one is allowed to be there for " security reasons" so the staff has a break, but they sit upstairs on facebook most of the day anyway. The breakfast was good though. Cereal and toast.

• 25th Feb 2015