Paddy's Palace Killarney Reviews

31 New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

They had everything a backpacker needs: Bed, kitchen, fridge, wi-fi and breakfast (which is always nice). I stayed 3 nights in a dorm and I think it was ok. Staff was nice and friendly and I enjoyed watching movies with them. Only thing I didn't like was the break between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM, when customers are not allowed to be in the hostel, when I was soaking wet after the rainy day in National park and I had to wait to get in. But other than that, nice place for cheap price.

It's a really nice hostel, really close to the bike rental and to the Nationalpark :D I really ike the Paddywaggon hostels and i also did a lot of tours with them. The pubs are only a short walk away :D

The room smelled like mold a bit, the bathroom inside the room was old, but the water was nice and hot. I did not like there was no shower mat on the floor so when you step out of the shower there was water on the floor. Other than that the staff was super friendly and open the kitchen for us in the morning before breakfast started because we had to leave early in the morning. Nice place to stay and I like how big the kitchen was for cooking.

The staff was incredibly unfriendly, and you could tell they didn't want to be there. Everything seemed to be broken, or in the process of becoming broken. It was dirty, there was cobwebs everywhere, the sheets weren't changed after use, and the bathroom door didn't shut. There is a time slot: 2pm-4pm that no one is allowed to be there for " security reasons" so the staff has a break, but they sit upstairs on facebook most of the day anyway. The breakfast was good though. Cereal and toast.

• 25th Feb 2015