Paddy's Palace Killarney Reviews

31 New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

How much you paid, how many you got

It was super cheap and the beds were reasonably comfortable. The location could be better, but isn't too bad. The staff were, well, pretty rude and mostly useless. They have a bunch of rules "for security purposes" but none of them really make sense. If your room is on the ground floor, you aren't allowed to go to the higher floors. After check out, you must immediately leave the hostel, even common areas. Weird stuff like that. I won't be returning. There are far better choices than Paddy's.

We didn't like the staff. They are very strict and rude. If you go with friends it's better that you stay in another hostel.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Spain

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Our staff do try and be as friendly and helpful as possible.The party's refusal to checkout was unfortunate but I feel that our staff handled the matter both professionally and compassionately.

Close to the park, pubs and shops. CHARMING TOWN. REALLY ENJOYED IT. CAME IN very late and was let in without slightest delay. Thanks. Awesome

Very good hostel. Friendly staff. Great location. Stayed there before and after doing the Kerry Way. Nothing to complain about at all. Thanks guys!

Really great stay! The staff were FANTASTIC. So incredibly helpful, friendly and informative. The location is really very good. So close to everything. The rooms were big. The beds were a little bit squeaky, but otherwise comfortable. I would recommend this hostel to others and would stay there again

We had a fantastic stay here and the location was fantastic. We would have preferred the locks on the bedrooms downstairs be updated as they are old school keys so the doors remain unlocked along with other people not closing the door means that people can walk in straight off the street into the room. But aside from that it was great and we didn't feel unsafe at any point.

decent hostel, value for money

Its nearby Killanery National Park, very good loction! Staffs are nice & helpful! The room I stayed was not en-suite, but there is a bathroom on 1st floor is specific for guests stay in my room only, and it is big and clear!

• 3rd May 2014
  • Hong Kong

theres was a group of us ,hiking and it was perfect for us, will be back again !

• 24th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Your avarage backpacker's hostel. great price (9 euro for a dorm room) in a good location. the staff is friendly. We only spent one night there so didn't really get a sense of the atmosphere, but all together - a positive experience.

Everything was satisfactory or better. I would definitely stay again.

The staff was really friendly. An Australian girl in particular who offered to help me with my bed that was broken. She offered to put me in another room. I didn't want to switch rooms but the fact that she apologized and offered assistance was nice enough. She was also very helpful regarding tours and places to go and see. I would definitely come back to Paddys Palace when I am in Killarney again.

• 28th Mar 2014