Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat Reviews

Mile 14, Jalan Labuk, Sandakan, Malaysia

What is there to say : PERFECTION! My friend and I arrived there with the intention of relaxing to the fullest in the middle of the rainforest, and we got surved! Beautiful and peacefull environment, helpful and chill staff, great healthy meals, tours in nature available for those who are interested...We stayed a week! Tropical retreat in paradise is the right description! Enjoy your stay :)

I managed to see past 1 of the members of staff having very little customer service skills and there not always being running water and the rest of my stay was faultless. It felt like a proper countryside retreat that I should have paid twice the price for. It was the perfect base to go visit Sepilok Orang-utan sanctuary : ) They also offer a really good overnight stay river cruise package. Definitely pay this place a visit.

• 26th Aug 2014

Surrounded by jungle the spacious dorm has mesh walls for fresh air and to admire the view, the cooked breakfast was excellent, as was the free shuttle to sepilok attractions and the helpful and friendly staff. My only suggestion is to install a bug zapper in restaurant and dorm for the mozzies. Highly recommended

Nice clean rooms, very chilled out relaxed vibe.

• 8th May 2014

The best hostel ever!!! I loved it!! Everything you need for a perfect runaway!! In the jungle, clean room, hammocks to chill out, real breakfast with toasts and coffee, good food for lunch and dinner, free bus to Sepilok.... The only thing is that wifi was soooo slow you can't even open your Facebook page. So just relax without internet for a couple of days in the jungle listening to the birds singing! (^^)

I really liked staying here. Best dorm I stayed in since I have been in Asia for the last 3 months. It is so nice to stay in the jungle. The hostel can help you book jungle trips and river trips. I would recommend this over the Orang Utang Sanctuary. It is so much better seeing them in the wild.