Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat Reviews

Mile 14, Jalan Labuk, Sandakan, Malaysia

LOVED this place. I don't often review places but I was so relieved to arrive here and be met by beautiful staff, a stunning location and the ease of having the free shuttle bus to th eSepilo Orang Utan and Sun Bear sanctuary. My favourite part was lying in the hammocks, reading and the open balcony in the dorm room to look out onto nothing but green. The bungalows were so impressive and will stay here next time I come around :-)

This was one of my favorite hostels ever! It's so picturesque and relaxing. Everything's made out of wood, the reception/dining area looks like something out of Indiana Jones with a wooden bar and crates for chairs, and the dorms are designed to face the sunrise. It feels like a resort/jungle camp surrounded by jungle. They have free shuttles to visit the orangutans and sun bears and offer free breakfasts. I spent a lot of time sacked out in the hammock. Wifi was spotty, but I didn't mind.

Very rustic, loved that it was right in the jungle and had free shuttle to and from the sepilok orangutan center. Huge property, loved the hammocks. Not much in the way of security but it is very secluded and on top of a giant hill so not too worried, just locked up my bag. Cleanliness was okay, my friend had a dead lizard under her mattress, but it is the jungle... Overall staff was very polite, food quality depends on the dish, liked that they had fruit Had a bit of an issue with the day tri

Great place to stay if you are visiting the orangutans center, there is a free minibus to get you there everyday. Dorms are big and nice, showers work well. Recommend it.

What is there to say : PERFECTION! My friend and I arrived there with the intention of relaxing to the fullest in the middle of the rainforest, and we got surved! Beautiful and peacefull environment, helpful and chill staff, great healthy meals, tours in nature available for those who are interested...We stayed a week! Tropical retreat in paradise is the right description! Enjoy your stay :)

I managed to see past 1 of the members of staff having very little customer service skills and there not always being running water and the rest of my stay was faultless. It felt like a proper countryside retreat that I should have paid twice the price for. It was the perfect base to go visit Sepilok Orang-utan sanctuary : ) They also offer a really good overnight stay river cruise package. Definitely pay this place a visit.

• 26th Aug 2014

Surrounded by jungle the spacious dorm has mesh walls for fresh air and to admire the view, the cooked breakfast was excellent, as was the free shuttle to sepilok attractions and the helpful and friendly staff. My only suggestion is to install a bug zapper in restaurant and dorm for the mozzies. Highly recommended