Pagration Youth Hostel Reviews

75 Damareos Str., Pagrati, Athens, Greece

Loved it. Great atmosphere for meeting people, though the common area was really small. Great location, within weakling distance to everything! You did have to pay €0.50 for 7min of hot water but this was no problem for me, just interesting :) would definitely go back!

The showers are €0.50 per 7 mins of hot water and the cubicles are soooo tiny you can barely move inside it.

There is no hot water in the hostel. You can take a shower for 50 eurocents, but you have to shave yourself with cold water. Location is not very good - every point of interest is reachable by public transportation only with changing lines once or twice There is a church just a pair of blocks away, which rings the bells very loud. The corridor of the hostel has no roof, so in the evening it can be cold sitting there. There is no free tee or sugar - bring your own.

Good staff, fair prices

Nice part of town with plenty of bars and restaurants. Staff friendly too. No lockers in dorms but that is the only small negative I can think of.

I had two good nights there. The staff is really nice and helpful and there were great people. You have to pay 50ct extra for a hot shower though. Still nice hostel!

• 27th Sep 2014

Theonly thing itneedsis a sign outside of thebuilding! Even the taxi man didn't!t know where tofind it.

I choose this hostel was the cheap, however is a little far from acropolis. It doesn't have breakfast and internet doesn't work at the bedroom.

My stay was short but better than I expected! the people I met were spontaneous and nice, and i particularly appreciated the warm welcome from the staff! I can't wait to come again!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Gabon

The hostel is decent, but you do have to pay $0.50 for 7 mins of hot water. But this hostel is pretty cheap, so an extra $0.50 isn't a big deal at all, just slightly inconvenient.

Great place to stay, love there~

Great location walking distance to athens attractions. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a clean budget hostel.

• 11th Sep 2014

The toilets are too small. You have to pay for hot water. The kitchen is digusting. The atmosphere in the common area is not the best.

• 8th Sep 2014

1, I'm pretty sure that when I've booked the hostel (4 months ago), I couldn't see any advertise about the payment for hot shower, because if I had seen this, I wouldn't have taken this hostel. 2. One guy who was doing the cleaning was really stupid with my friends and me for more than two times and he said for my friend something like: 'Oh, are you leaving? That is very good news' and left her just surprised at our room. It was unbelievable. However, the value for money still ok.

Great place to stay in Athens area, but a little bit difficult to find. Beds were a bit uncomfortable, but it was overall a pleasant stay.

It's not a bad hostel, just was not what I expected. Miriam, who received me was very kind and gentil. I stayed one night and changed hostels. It's a bit far from everything, and it's nice to stay close to the center in Athens. When I said to the owner that I was living and asked for some money back, she was bit rude.

The beds were really dirty. Too many beds in the room, no space. Staff unfriendly. Not in the city center. I don't recommend it.

A friendly place and good for meeting other people, but not too loud at night. The staff weren't great- sometimes hard to find and not always helpful or having great English. The location is the best thing about pagration: lots of great shops and restaurants, bars open all night, and cheaper as it's not in the packed tourist area. Trams are easy if you don't like walking. We liked pagrati so much that we stayed at the hostel twice!

My stay here was fine for what it was, a place to sleep for a night. The wifi wasn't the best, but worked well enough. The showers were coin operated and there was no air-conditioning, which was less than ideal since it was the middle of August and extremely hot out. The location was good though and the staff was nice enough.

The hostel itself is fine for short term stay. There are no lockers for valuables and the rooms are extremely cramped if your in a dorm. However it is inexpensive and a 20 minute walk from syntagma square.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5