Pagration Youth Hostel Reviews

75 Damareos Str., Pagrati, Athens, Greece

A good hostel considering the money I paid for. The staff was really friendly. I arrived before the checkin time and they let me to take a shower, so I could go walk earlier.

The staff is amazing and so helpful ! The metro seemed really far though and we had to pay .50€ to take a shower. Except for that, a really good place.

• 21st Jul 2015

Paul was awesome, the facility was great and you can't beat the great price. It was a pretty close walk to the metro and bus.. I would recommend staying here.

Would reccommend this hostel! I lost my passport in Athens and the staff here were very helpful in letting me use their phones and gave me plenty of information to sort it out. The facilities are clean, the rooms are very nice and security is excellent. Very close to all the tourist destinations e.g) Zeus temple etc. If you're staying in Athens, stay here!

• 18th Jul 2015

I have no real complaints about this hostel. the door was always secure when we would come back. the room was cool and had fans. the showers were hot when you paid the .50 and the kitchen had everything you needed. overall, I liked this place a lot.

We only spent a night here, but the location was superb, within easy walking distance to all the big landmarks and easily reached by following the directions given. Staff were very friendly and other guesting were friendly.

Awesome!! highly recommend! this is a very good hostel, its genuine, family-operated ''Youth hostel'' .. the staff are extremely helpful and told me everything i wanted to know.. its very safe...and the hostel is also very clean. with free wifi, kitchen, and lockers in your rooms. my flight was at night and so they let me leave my bag there way after check-out for free! its a great hostel!! Cheers! ;)

• 16th Jul 2015

AVOID. Some of the worst facilities that I've ever experienced in any hostel in the world. Staff are not to be trusted. Very cramped with little personal space. Dysfunctional wi-fi and showers are not free (!).

• 14th Jul 2015

I stayed at Pegration only a few hours in between landing to Athens and my ferry the next day, but despite my midnight arrival Pegration staff were very helpful and supplied me with everything I needed without me even asking: sheets, a city map, directions to the port, and a quick tour of the facilities. If I stayed longer I think I would have missed out on the socializing I typically do in hostels, as it didn't seem like Pegration had a good common area. Other than that it was comfortable!

I stayed just for 2 night but was awesome. They are very kind people. Good wifi. I recomended it! Thanks guys! Ah, you have to pay for hot water, thats is not good. But is very hot in Athens so you wont need it.

It is what you pay for. Not a 5 star hotel, but it surely gets the job done. Some things that could be improved: 7 min of hot water is not enough for people with long hair and bunk beds could have ladders (it's not easy to climb when you are short), my bed was stolen in the middle of my stay = annoying. It was really hot in there, but the environment and the staff were amazing and just this detail makes me want to return :)

The hostel had a bit of a strange layout, but the man who was working the night we got there was very nice and friendly. We got in at 12.30am and left and 7am, so we didn't spend much time there but one thing i can say for sure is that it is SO hot, if you find it hard sleeping in a super hot room this probably isn't the best place to stay.

The Hostel was very close to the main attractions. If you are tired of walking, the bus stop is all.most in front of the Hostel. And two bus lines takes you where you want to be...at least for me.

Didn't accept credit cards (but given current Greece situation it's understandable). Showers require 50c token for hot water, which isn't annoying because of cost, but because they're sometimes out of order and if you need a longer shower you have to run out dripping wet.. Dryer broken also. No AC in rooms but there is a fan. Outlets only in one section of the room but there are plenty. Location slightly out of the way.

The common area is more of a hallway or a small crowded room, and the kitchen is tiny, so I found it a bit hard to meet other travelers. However, I had a comfortable stay and the hostel is cute with really nice and helpful staff. It's a far walk to the Acropolis or Syntagma, but buses are nearby and easy to use. Overall a good stay.

in the overall the hostel was good, only think is that if you want to take a hot shower you have to pay 50 cents.

There was a great deal of noise going on at all hours of the night. This is not the fault of the hostel but maybe an hourly limit for noise disturbance? If there already is one it is not enforced at all

• 29th Jun 2015

The details concerning the hostel arent explicit enough. For me the most negative aspect was concerning the localization, it was considerably further from the centre than what I thought, and the connections arent that good. Then some aspects weren´t that pleasant: taking a 7min shower with hot water is charged, detail that was not in the hostel description. Also, plus the pilow cover, only one bed sheet was provided. And the wifi wasnt the best... Still I loved the vibe of the city!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Bertahespanha
  • Portugal

It felt far from the city center, but it's really not that far. I recommend taking the 10-15 minutes to walk instead of public transportation, because you can pass through the lovely National Gardens. Everything in the hostel felt small, but not too small to feel uncomfortably cramped. There is WiFi, but like the WiFi throughout Athens, it has really low bandwidth. You have to pay for hot water for your showers, or just take an ice bath (which you eventually get used to). For the price, :-)

Locker is provided for better security. The room was pretty comfy too although there was a smell of newly painted room. Air conditioner may help during hot summer time too. The location is quite far away from the city center (about 20 mins by trollebus or 25 mins by foot from Syntagma Square.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4