Pagration Youth Hostel Reviews

75 Damareos Str., Pagrati, Athens, Greece

Great location walking distance to athens attractions. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a clean budget hostel.

• 11th Sep 2014

The toilets are too small. You have to pay for hot water. The kitchen is digusting. The atmosphere in the common area is not the best.

• 8th Sep 2014

1, I'm pretty sure that when I've booked the hostel (4 months ago), I couldn't see any advertise about the payment for hot shower, because if I had seen this, I wouldn't have taken this hostel. 2. One guy who was doing the cleaning was really stupid with my friends and me for more than two times and he said for my friend something like: 'Oh, are you leaving? That is very good news' and left her just surprised at our room. It was unbelievable. However, the value for money still ok.

Great place to stay in Athens area, but a little bit difficult to find. Beds were a bit uncomfortable, but it was overall a pleasant stay.

It's not a bad hostel, just was not what I expected. Miriam, who received me was very kind and gentil. I stayed one night and changed hostels. It's a bit far from everything, and it's nice to stay close to the center in Athens. When I said to the owner that I was living and asked for some money back, she was bit rude.

The beds were really dirty. Too many beds in the room, no space. Staff unfriendly. Not in the city center. I don't recommend it.

A friendly place and good for meeting other people, but not too loud at night. The staff weren't great- sometimes hard to find and not always helpful or having great English. The location is the best thing about pagration: lots of great shops and restaurants, bars open all night, and cheaper as it's not in the packed tourist area. Trams are easy if you don't like walking. We liked pagrati so much that we stayed at the hostel twice!

The hostel itself is fine for short term stay. There are no lockers for valuables and the rooms are extremely cramped if your in a dorm. However it is inexpensive and a 20 minute walk from syntagma square.

that was a real surprize that to have a hot shower you have to pay! and when you pay you only have 7 minutes of hot shower. then you have to pay 50 cents more. that's nonsense! the restrooms for men and women are situated on two different floors, though men and women can live together in mixed rooms. that's not very comfortable. but there is some space to find new accuaintants and communicate to new people from all over the world

fun, social, beds are a bit ehhh

Great social hostel without being too loud. Close to bus line straight to centre and close to Acropolis. Staff fun, friendly and easily accessible. Bit cramped in the dorms but good value for what you pay. Highly recommend!

Nice place, 2km form the center. Very hot in summer (but that's Athen). Hot water is to be paid (no need in summer)

Great hostel! There was always people to hangout with, eat with, drink with, go site seeing with and it's only a 20 min walk from downtown. Myriam and Kas will help you with everything you need, but ask Myriam cause Kas is a trickster! Haha just kidding. Lovely hostel, totally recommend :)

No aircon and wifi only works down in the hallway/common area. No train/metro close by. I had to check out by 10... 10:15 a guy rudely tells me to hurry up and wen I asked if I hang around till my flight they said €2 for my bag but I had to go and come back later!! DID NOT LIKE THIS PLACE

no AC in athens is unbearable, especially in summer with a room filled with 13 beds. there isn't a bathroom facilities for each sex on every floor and the excuse of ''no hot shower for environmental reason'' is just ridiculous (dont take your clients for fools). At the end, if you are only staying for one night its okay,but for more than that you should go to another hostel. the staff was not helpful at all, each time i would come to ask a question they would refer me to the cleaning lady...

Had such a great night staying here that I have already booked to come again on my way back through Athens! Love this place! Such great staff and a great vibe.

• 4th Aug 2014

The showers are way too small and extremely dark. It is almost too hot to sleep in the rooms. The rooms smelled like paint thinner. The directions were not helpful and unclear. The staff is friendly and helpful. The place has a very laid back feel. Overall, it is not worth the money.

They charge for hot showers. Enough said

Awesome hostel, a little out of the way but not too difficult to get to all the main spots in the city. Great environment, even as a solo backpackers. Need to pay 50 cents if you want a warm shower. No complaints here though

The staff are very friendly and helpful, there is a relaxed atmosphere and the place is obviously very cheap, even among youth hostels. However, it could be a bit cleaner and some things need fixing or replacement - room furniture, bedsheets, bathroom, etc. all look a bit overused and past expiry date. For crashing for a night as cheaply as possibly, or for meeting fellow travelers, this place is quite nice though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4