Pagration Youth Hostel Reviews

75 Damareos Str., Pagrati, Athens, Greece

|They don't provide Towels, but apart from that it was excellent i could stay for a month there.

• 18th May 2015
  • Greece

The location was not bad, my friend and I walked to the Acropolis with no problem. The staff was very nice and helpful. The bathrooms were not really clean and you had to pay for a hot water shower.

Myriam was amazing!!! Bad the owner doesn't want to spend money renewing anything... Reception is in the staff bedroom. A big hostel cannot be managed by 2 girls only!!! Showers very tiny. Also there is a weird guy living there talking bad to you, but just don't listen to him ;)

- Directions to the hostel need to be more clear. After you get off the FILOLAOU stop what do you do next? Also hostel was unresponsive by email for queries pre the trip.

Nice staff and it was secure, had a nice balcony on my room so that was a bonus. Facilities were not great bathrooms really small. Wifi didn't work in rooms. But nice friendly helpful staff. You get what you pay for:)

Great little family feel to this hostel. Its kind of like staying at a house. Close enough a walk or bus to city centre, though maybe a little hard to find first time. Very close to supermarkets and bus stop and several take aways. They use soap that smells like almonds- I loved it. Only things are perhaps lacking a toaster in the kitchen. And the rooftop could be used better for socialising I think (in accordance with city quiet time laws). Stay there, very welcoming, very friendly.

Was okay, basic facilities, friendly staff and permanent person living there!? Atmosphere was great as everyone sits in the hallway so you meet everyone that pass through. You have access to the roof which is cool. A 20minute walk to the main square which isn't too bad but adds up when you go to see all the sights. Staff are fantastic and very helpful! Hardly any nightlife about so if you're looking for a bit more fun then this maybe isn't your place. Overall 7/10.

• 29th Apr 2015

The staff was nice but not very helpful. Weird guy staying there have me the creeps. Everyone was nice. I think I got bed bug bites.

We loved the staff at pagration, although one staffer/ permanent resident gave us a very difficult time the entire time we were there. In the end, you get exactly what you pay for. The wifi is not consistent which is a huge draw back when it's your only form of communication. Additionally, showers are 50 cents, and while that's not unreasonable, the water isn't warm with every shower. The location is also far if you are only staying Athens for a day or two -- not central.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Our group only stayed in Athens for one night as our final destination was Athens. Pagration for the most part was fine, the atmosphere was calm and the staff was helpful. The only negative aspect was that you had to pay 50cents for a hot water shower that lasted 7 minutes. I wasn't excited about that fact. The location is kind of far but staff is willing to point you in the direction. We had to take a taxi to the nearest metro when we were on our way to the ferry.

I really loved George, he was super helpful and had invaluable knowledge of hiking and history that he was super open about sharing. The problem is that this is not really a hostel, it is a hotel (apartment style accommodation) with many beds stuffed into the room. Thus there is no common room for chilling out or outdoor area for chilling. If you are going with a group- great. Solo, not so great. BUT George does awesome excursions and definitely makes an effort to help travelers get to know e/o.

Met some of the nicest travelers ever here; Miriam is the sweetest lady. You do have to pay for hot water, bathrooms are gender-segregated by floor, outlets are not strong (beware!) and all rooms have 5+ roommates, so it's the luck of the draw in terms of who you get. About 1-1.5 hours from airport. Still, one of my fondest hostel memories to date!

Top staff, top atmosphere, top people, top hostel.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Wales

Good wifi (not the best far in the rooms but still works). A little walk 20-30 minutes from most sites but, that being said, it makes everything around the hostel (bars, restaurants, grocery stores) cheaper. Staff was very friendly and kind. Really enjoyed the guests as most were well seasoned travelrs !

This was an average or below average hostel. I had a good time while I was there but mostly because of the people I met. I had read all of the reviews about how basic it was and the facilities were pretty crappy but I thought those travelers were just being a bit picky. I soon realized they were very true. The hostel isn't bad and it's definitely livable but extremely basic! I really liked the pay 50 cents for 7 min of guaranteed good pressure and hot water shower (no sarcasm)!

The staff were so nice and welcoming! The hardest thing was that none of our taxi drivers knew where it was located! So it was hard to find. I suggest investing in a big sign to put on the door- because there wasn't clear marking. Overall I loved this place! It was just getting there that was difficult.

I don't understand some of these reviews. I get the idea some travelers are a bit spoilt. This hostel is what it is; it's basic and for 8-10 euros is one of the cheapest in Europe, let alone Athens. But what you get for that little bit of money is great value with a decent bed, very helpful staff and a lovely atmosphere. There's also nothing wrong with the location, in fact it's in a really nice neighborhood, easy to get into the centre. I like this place, it's cheap, clean, safe and cheerful :)

There was no security at all in the rooms which was concerning. The sheets in the rooms where dirty and did not fit the beds. It pretty much you get what you way for. There where no towels and you had to pay for showers. The location was great and the staff when you saw them had a smile. We asked for an all male room which did not happen. But that wasn't a deal breaker. It was good for the expirence. Athens was amazing

Good location in a non-touristy area of Athens, but yeat in walking distance of the Acropolis and of the center of the city. Pretty quiet. Wish there was lockers in the room. They could update the bed linen: holes in the sheets = time for a change! The place is clean tough.

Very friendly staff Safe area