Pagration Youth Hostel Reviews

75 Damareos Str., Pagrati, Athens, Greece

It felt far from the city center, but it's really not that far. I recommend taking the 10-15 minutes to walk instead of public transportation, because you can pass through the lovely National Gardens. Everything in the hostel felt small, but not too small to feel uncomfortably cramped. There is WiFi, but like the WiFi throughout Athens, it has really low bandwidth. You have to pay for hot water for your showers, or just take an ice bath (which you eventually get used to). For the price, :-)

• 26th Jun 2015

I had a really nice time with the guest and some of the staff members. However, when I came in at 5:30Am I didn't felt welcome, even if it's supposed to be a 24h reception ! You have a nice little kitchen and a moce Tv room to relax, but just because of the showers I wouldnt go back. You had to pay 50cent for 7minites of hot water and 1 out 3 the hot water wasnt running. But for the price ... I guess its not to bad.

a good spot for a 1 to 2 day quick stay in athens. defiantly a youth hostel feel to it. the bare essentials and a fun atmosphere.

This was OK for the price, the staff were really nice but it was pretty unclean and you were only given a bottom sheet for the bed, so you had no sheet or blanket on top of you. Wifi worked pretty well, and it was only about 20 minutes walk to the main attractions. Overall if you're looking for just a cheap place in athens then this is fine.

If directions on how long we have to stay on buses etc. could be made more clear that would be helpful for when we arrived.

• 16th Jun 2015

The kitchen, dining room and common room need a tad bit more light. It can be more mellow when it's dark but I think there should be a time when there is more access to light.

Myriam is great. Very chilled and a good place to meet other travellers

This place is really dirty. I was here for one night and had to book last minute due to an accommodation mix up. The beds were free for a reason. I didn't shower while I was here and did tried to spend as much time as possible outside the room.

We had a great stay at Pagration Youth Hostel!

This hostel is great for your buck! It is clean and friendly and welcoming. The owners make sure you are safe and have a good place to stay. It has a great location and cooking supplies. The hot water service is also good- hot water works 24/7. Each room has a spacious locker as well.

• 10th Jun 2015

I just wish the hot shower was free and that the shower stalls were a bit bigger. Otherwise, it's great: close to everything, great staff and ridiculously funny quotes on the wall.

It was okay. Far from city center but a nice walk. The kitchen is gross and smells bad. The rooms are nice. You have to pay for hot water to take a shower.

It was okay, room were good but the bathrooms were a bit gross and the showers were terrible. Overall it was alright for the money.

good stay, fairly far out but easy walking distance to everywhere. good value for money.

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. I am happy to recommend it anyone who arrives in Athens for a vacation. The hostel is located very close to the city centre within walking distance from the main attraction. Also excellent public transport links to the city centre from Pagrati area. The owners and also the other staff were very helpful and friendly. The always answered all the questions I had and gave good tips for eating and going out as well as visiting the sights.

You have to pay 0,50 euro for each hot shower that lasts 7 minutes.

Even without hot water, we would appreciate normal room temperature water instead of ice cold water for drinking n shower.

• 26th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Great hostel with really friendly and very helpful staff . Good location with public transport not far. Met alot of awesome people here.I would definitely stay here again.

• 25th May 2015

Had a great stay! You get what your paying for here! Really cheap but hostel was over all pretty good!

|They don't provide Towels, but apart from that it was excellent i could stay for a month there.

• 18th May 2015