Pagration Youth Hostel Reviews

75 Damareos Str., Pagrati, Athens, Greece

Great hostel! It has everything a good hostel should have: really nice and helpful staff, it's very clean and I felt safe and secure there. The door can only be opened by people who have a key for it, so there's no possibilities for strangers to just come in. It's not directly in Athens centre, but public busses go regularly and are cheap, plus its only 10mins by bus. I would definately recommend staying there, this place has good vibes!

By far one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Great staff make you feel at home, but the place itself just has something special about it that makes you love it :) It's basic, but at such a cheap price it has everything you need like a kitchen to cook in and is safe, clean and friendly. Hope to return some day!

Was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews, but we were only staying one night on our way through so thought "what the hell, why not". Was a hostel I'd comfortably go back too. Good kitchen and bathrooms. 50 cents for a shower is fine, look how cheap the hostel is!!! Locations not that bad, you can easily walk 20min into town, but if your lazy the buses are good too. Only complaint is that the beds we got were a bit old and banana shaped.

The hostel is located too far outside the city center. Since public transport is so unreliable, you're pretty much forced to take a taxi. They are relatively cheap, but just adds to your expense. The showers weren't very clean and having to pay for hot water was annoying. If you want a hot shower for longer than 7 minutes, you have to jump out, put more money in and get back in. Staff was friendly enough. No atmosphere, seemed hard to meet people if you're a solo traveler.

The Hostel is located in a walking distance to the spots of the city. The bedroom was a little bit small, so you dont have to much space to leave your stuff (there is no locker as well). There was only one plug in the bedroom. The good thing is that its cheap!

George was super friendly and went out of his way to help and give advice, which really made this hostel full of good vibes and a pleasure to stay at. Great location in Athens and very central. Clean. Cheap, with facilities to cook. Perfect for back packing. Would recommend highly.

Loved it. Great atmosphere for meeting people, though the common area was really small. Great location, within weakling distance to everything! You did have to pay €0.50 for 7min of hot water but this was no problem for me, just interesting :) would definitely go back!

The showers are €0.50 per 7 mins of hot water and the cubicles are soooo tiny you can barely move inside it.

There is no hot water in the hostel. You can take a shower for 50 eurocents, but you have to shave yourself with cold water. Location is not very good - every point of interest is reachable by public transportation only with changing lines once or twice There is a church just a pair of blocks away, which rings the bells very loud. The corridor of the hostel has no roof, so in the evening it can be cold sitting there. There is no free tee or sugar - bring your own.

Good staff, fair prices

Nice part of town with plenty of bars and restaurants. Staff friendly too. No lockers in dorms but that is the only small negative I can think of.

I had two good nights there. The staff is really nice and helpful and there were great people. You have to pay 50ct extra for a hot shower though. Still nice hostel!

• 27th Sep 2014

Theonly thing itneedsis a sign outside of thebuilding! Even the taxi man didn't!t know where tofind it.

I choose this hostel was the cheap, however is a little far from acropolis. It doesn't have breakfast and internet doesn't work at the bedroom.

My stay was short but better than I expected! the people I met were spontaneous and nice, and i particularly appreciated the warm welcome from the staff! I can't wait to come again!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Gabon

The hostel is decent, but you do have to pay $0.50 for 7 mins of hot water. But this hostel is pretty cheap, so an extra $0.50 isn't a big deal at all, just slightly inconvenient.

Great place to stay, love there~

Great location walking distance to athens attractions. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a clean budget hostel.

• 11th Sep 2014

The toilets are too small. You have to pay for hot water. The kitchen is digusting. The atmosphere in the common area is not the best.

• 8th Sep 2014

1, I'm pretty sure that when I've booked the hostel (4 months ago), I couldn't see any advertise about the payment for hot shower, because if I had seen this, I wouldn't have taken this hostel. 2. One guy who was doing the cleaning was really stupid with my friends and me for more than two times and he said for my friend something like: 'Oh, are you leaving? That is very good news' and left her just surprised at our room. It was unbelievable. However, the value for money still ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5