Pagration Youth Hostel Reviews

75 Damareos Str., Pagrati, Athens, Greece

Pretty good hostel with a solid location . Having to pay for hot water was kind of annoying, but other than that great place to stay.

Very good and clean hostel, highly recommondable. Nothing to complain about. Nasilsin Myriam, iyi misin? :D

It is good for meeting other travelers :) The atmosphere was nice. But it's a little far from main street and u should pay if u want hot water :)

• 13th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Nice place to stay if you want to meet people... Little difficult to sleep during the night because of the noise outside but it wasn't unbearable ! The security was good since you needed a key to open the front door. So, i had a good time there...

The hostel offers a great atmosphere for laid back backpackers who are more into chilling and interacting with people. But do not expect too much comfort, the facilities overall fall short and security is not strong. The staff is lovely and very solicitous. Value for money was pretty decent considering the summer prices in Athens.

• 12th Jul 2014

I consider this place completely average. I only stayed one night so I can't say it was either amazing or horrible. Pros: good location (can walk to the sites) and good price :)

I stayed at the pagration youth hostel for 2 nights! It's a really chill hostel. The second night terry made us all food it was a good time. The staff is very friendly and fun! You have to pay 50 cents for hot water but honestly it was so Hott in athens that the cold shower felt amazing, so no complaints there. For travellers it's a good place to sleep.

Overall a really good stay. The hostel with a really nice atmosphere and the staff were so friendly and fun, but didn't always know things like how to get to the train station etc. but we were able to find out. Kitchen is basic but fine. 20 minute walk into town. Nice area with shops and cafés around. Would stay here again.

Want to give a HUGE thankyou to Kas and Miriam for making our stay so comfortable and enjoyable. My friend had hurt her foot and clearly couldn't get up the stairs so they put us up in their double room downstairs. Even if we were there for one night it made our time in Athens totally worth while!

Lovely place and wonderful people

No lockable safes, you have to pay 0.50€ for hot water, although it's summer and cold showers are nice. Kitchen is tight.

Very unique hostel! I appreciated the attentive staff and welcoming environment

For such cheap prices it is a good place to stay. It is not the most confortable but is good enough.

I stayed for one night because I needed some hours of sleep and this was the cheapest hostel in Athens, when my partner and I arrived at night the area was extremely sketchy. The receptionist was kind but it was awkward, and the people staying there too. My bed sheets were written with some kind of paint and my room smelled like dust. You have to pay 50 cents to get 8 minutes of hot water. Weird experience.

Felt safe, excellent location. I highly recommend it!

• 15th Jun 2014

Safe location with good staff

Awesome little hostel, nice quiet part of town, balcony to chill out on at end of the day in the sun. Small but comfortable common room and kitchen, helpful staff and good facilities. No AC so can be pretty hot during the day in the rooms. Would happily recommend and go again!

I only stayed here for a total of 12 hours but it seemed like a really nice place while I was there. The staff were lovely, the rooms were clean and there seemed to be a lot of nice people staying there. I would recommend this place.

After a string of bad hostels, I was pleasantly surprised with Pagration Youth Hostel. The hostel owners are warm and friendly, and the hostel has a very nice atmosphere. The 50cent shower is a bit of a pain, I should say, but overall it is a good option for those traveling to Athens.

The staff was friendly. Location was hard to find but that could be because of security reasons (look for the big green door and ring the bell). Reasonable 15 minute walk to tourist sites. We couldn't return our key to get our deposit because our flight left at 10am and that's when the front office opened. Wifi worked great. Laundry cost €4 euros and you had to hang-dry your clothes on the roof top with everyone else in the open. Good experience though. I would consider going back.

• 7th Jun 2014