Pai Circus School & Backpacker Resort Reviews

m.1 t.maehee, Pai, Thailand

The location of the circus school is a little bit out of town and the walkway to get there at night is not lit at all. The pool was muddy when we first arrived and was drained and was not to be used for the next 5 days. Our room, a 4 bed ensuite, supposed to be 4 twin beds was one double and two incredibly springy mattresses on the floor, the floor which had some nails sticking out of the plywood like flooring. The bathroom was dirty and there were snails all over the floor. I would not return

Only good thing about this place was the egg and bacon sandwiches!

Fantastic atmosphere, travellers and staff but the dorm was quite gross. Lockers were full of ants and the bathrooms were not only a hike from the dorms but not very clean either.

• 22nd Oct 2014

It was great atmosphere and staff were great but the bamboo dorms were so unstable and had nails sticking out. Didn't help that the infinity pool and trampoline were out of action but overall an experience and alright place to stay a few nights

Nice location with some nice staff but far from town compared to a lot of other places. It's not a clean hostel with very few showers and toilets which very aren't good. Beds aren't great either. Would stay closer to town for cheaper and cleaner and visit for the view.

• 18th Oct 2014

Circus sent a motorcycle to pick us up at the bus station, which was gracious. Upon arriving at 3:30, however, we found our booked room still unavailable. The person staying in it was roaming the grounds taking pictures, and our room was a mess. There were chickens and roosters living underneath our room, so you can imagine the sounds we were listening to while looking it over. We decided to cancel our stay, and found many alternatives with excellent ambience/cleanliness for half the price.

• 8th Oct 2014

If you are ok with basically camping you will love it here. The staff are amazing and couldn't be more helpful. He only issure I had was that I couldn't leave the pool and beautiful view to do anything constructive!

Toilets and showers were so dirty. No electricity in my bungalow which meant no fan. Back door wouldn't close in the bungalow so no point in having a lock on the front door. Mosquito net had holes in. Far out of town so unless you can hire a motorbike don't bother. Take a torch with you if you go out at night.

Great atmosphere, amazing views, short walk into town. Not the nicest accommodation but definitely worth a visit

Even the cleanliness en other stuff are poor, the atmosphere and the hostels soul make it al worth the stay.

Very dirty hostel. Heard two girls scream when they saw the state of the bathroom. Nice ants nest next to my bed. Nice people here though.

You can feel a good vibe around circus school, the view is amazing and the swimming pool add the cherry on the top of the cake!

I stayed here two nights, which was a mistake. I don't think the bathrooms were cleaned the entire three days I was here. The smart thing to do is to get to Pai and scope out hostels before deciding, because the tiny town is littered with hostels that don't show up on Hostelworld. Having said that, I did meet some great people here and the staff are very friendy. Great views over the mountains!

Amazing circus arts, space, view of pai, and people, however dirty bathrooms and the lock on my door didn't work.

We booked ahead, but did not spend the 4 nights we had booked for here. Booked private deluxe rooms, which translates to a very rickety shack overlooking mosquito breeding grounds. If you stay here specify you want one of the rooms with a hammock on the front porch; do not get stuck in the rickety shacks. Place does have a pool, a big trampoline and a couple of friendly dogs. Staff had no problem giving us a refund minus the booking fee and were super friendly. Good stuff if you're a hippy.

• 12th Jul 2014

It's definitely an interesting place. If you're really into the hippie free spirit thing you'll stay for a month, otherwise maybe a few days. It's outside the town so it's best if you have a motorbike to get back and forth. Floors in the dorms are really creaky and loud. Bungalows are really cheap - go for those. Nice place to meet people though and everyone's welcome to play with the circus toys

Dirty room, holes in mozzie net, could not get breakfast before 10am as no staff was around. However the view was beautiful and staff addressed our concerns to the best of their ability.

Totally funky place but right for the price! We ended up staying for two nights just because we loved pai. Nothing to complain about here (with the price the bugs, minimally created/decorated rooms/facilities were to be expected) but nothing to rave about either.

I stayed in pai circus school recently while in thailand had only planned to stay one night but ended up staying almost a week, it was one of the highlights for me in thailand very helpful and friendly staff!!Nice chilled area, bar and amazing view i would recomend this to anybody traveling through Pai!!

• 2nd May 2014

I got told about the circus school from people I met travelling who told me it was the highlight of Thailand for them- I would definitely agree! They told me to email the owners direct for a cheaper price ;) The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff was incredible as was the general atmosphere around the chill area. The bungalow was warm & clean as were the toilets and showers. I stayed a week longer than planned & have a new obsession for circus skills! Thanks so much guys :)

• 1st May 2014