Pai Circus School & Backpacker Resort Reviews

m.1 t.maehee, Pai, Thailand

Had such an amazing time at circus. Really chilled out vibe and only a 5/10min walk from the town. great oppertinities to learn some circus tricks and have a laugh and a few beers watching the sun set over the mountains. Definitely hope to return in the near future. Thanks for the experience. love Alice and Alice

Loved my stay here, the bamboo huts are really cute and the location is beautiful despite it being a little walk from the town (10 mins approx) the atmosphere is what really makes it - great place to meet people if you are a solo traveller like me as there is a really good communal hut where people congregate. The only bad thing is it is very cold at night and the blankets they provide are too small and not adequate! Bring a jumper and woolly socks for bedtime! Would stay here again.

The bamboo bungalows are what you'd expect for 350 baht. When you are trying to go to sleep, roosters and dogs keep you up all night. The mosquito nets have giant holes in them. The sheets had bed bugs, we had to leave the next day. Bathrooms are horrible, you have to buy toilet paper. And it was falsely advertised, no swimming pool or bar. It is a big mislead. A fun place to learn to juggle, but don't stay here. Big mistake!

• 26th Mar 2014

Being in dose touch with nature is a special experience for me.

The music boxes were placed next to the bungalow i was staying in. The loud bass (from 11am to 11pm) made it impossible for me to relex in my bed. It's a 10 - 15 minutes walk o the city center.

The hostels are in fairly rickety bamboo huts with nails sticking out of the floor....but the hostel had a good atmosphere, lots of people around all the time. It would be nice if the rooms had locks, but they provide lockers for valuables, so I at least could put away my valuables

Very cold. Bungalow wasn't well enough insulated. Toilet too far from hut. Similar price, warmer and free breakfast over road

• 9th Feb 2014

There are no free breakfasts, the septic tanks are full and leaking thus the smell is unpleasant specially in the huts next to the toilets, the beds are very uncomfortable, they charge you for the toilet paper

I had such a great time staying at the Circus School. There is a wonderful atmosphere and a beautiful location. The value for money is good and it was great to be able to afford my own room as a solo traveller. The bungalows are basic but meet all your needs. It gets extremely cold at night here, so it could have been better to provide proper duvets. The staff were friendly and engaging and the food was good value. The only downside is the toilets which are often unclean and the showers suck!

The Pai Circus School was by far the best hostel experience I have ever had. They have manifested some incredible energy there. As I walked up my heart fluttered like a baby hummingbird its first time tasting sweet nectar, it was as if I had entered another dimension. People are constantly playing, having revolutionary conversations, and just enjoying being apart of such a blissful community. I only wish I would have spent more time there.

Staff was amazing! Vibe of the hostel was amazing! My only issues were that there were not enough hot showers (and the showers were a little grosse, definitely experienced worse though) and the beds were not very good. We stayed in a private bungalow and it was a really cool experience, but we absolutely froze throughout the night which made for a pretty poor sleep. But overal the vibe of the resort was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed the staff there! I would definitely recommend it!

Overall, I've had a very nice time at Pai Circus School. The facilities are very bad, though. I don't mind waiting, cold water wouldn't be a problem for me -- but badly isolated wiring next to the showerhead is downright dangerous. That has to be fixed.

Nice place to stay if you're open minded and not fuzzy. All rooms are bamboo huts, so they are not insulated, so gets cold at night. Toilets were nice and clean, but the hot showers aren't always hot. Laid back and chill atmosphere. The place to be if you're an aspiring or already are a hippie. I'd stay there again, but I'd bring a sleeping bag!

Great view from this place. Not a lot of other good things to say about it. Washrooms were pretty bad, and the constant crowing from the roosters throughout the night made sleeping pretty difficult.

Wonderful atmosphere. This is perhaps one of the hippest hostels in the country, complete with camp fire, huts, tents, juggling shows (and classes). Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Definitely recommended if staying in Pai!

We moved to another hostel for the same price and we got our own bathroom. The bathrooms here are the worst I've seen and we have been traveling in hostels of 18 months. Way better places to stay. The pool is empty, u have to pay 600b to use the circus staff and free cooking lesson is only when u buy a meal u can watch n learn.

There are far better places to stay in Pai for the same amount of money with ur own bathroom. The bathroom facilities were a joke, disgustingly dirty wouldn't even describe them. They need to clean them at least twice a day. We were there for 2 nights

Pai circus school is a fantastic way to experience pai! Situated on a hill overlooking the city I was constantly amazed everytime I left my dorm at the view I was presented with. It is just a short 5-10 minute walk down the hill into the city centre and it is completely worth the walk when you see the view and experience the calming atmosphere that is pai circus school. It is more of a camping experience so if your looking for modern dorm go elsewhere but if you want to experience pai go there!

A block of 4 shower/toilet/basin combos is not sufficient for 28 huts and they weren't cleaned in the 4 days we were there -the same empty Chang bottle was in the same place every day- and queuing for a pee on a freezing morning while 4 people had their showers is just not on! A shower block and a loo block with outside basins, so those who just want to brush their teeth don't have to hang around, would really improve matters. That said, it was one of the best New Year's Eves ever!

I had an amazing stay at Pai Circus school !!! The best Hostel I have ever been to. The athmosphere is fantastic !

View all Pai Bed and Breakfasts