Paintshop Hostel

9.5
Superb 356 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2017

Can't wait to come back! I now know what people mean when they call Paintshop their "home away from home". The main difference from other hostels is 100% the staff. You couldn't get any better! By the end I felt welcomed into the family by Will, Hannah, and Kirk, who work so hard to make sure you have a brilliant time. I want to be adopted by Steve and Debbie - the coolest owners who organised surf, pizza/bbq night, and a full hostel night out! No hostel comes close to this one.

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Aug 2017

I absolutely loved the Paintshop Hostel and wished I could have stayed there longer. The staff were so friendly with everyone introducing themselves as soon as I arrived and making me feel extremely welcome. It's got a great vibe and they actually want to make sure you enjoy your stay. I'm even thinking about coming back to do the surf camp they offer next year!

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
5th Aug 2017

Loved it.

• megan11vorster7816
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
30th Jul 2017

The staff, the guests, the vibe- everything makes you feel at home in this hostel. I loved the homemade pizza and BBQ nights and the daily surf trips to Cabedelo beach. I could have stayed here for longer than a week for sure!

• England, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2017
6.0

Cliquey. We arrived on the day that the surf camp was ending. Got told the hostel would be heading out in the evening. We tried to join in, got largely ignored, and thus went out on our own. Came back to a largely empty hostel. We were awoken by loud voices in the room next door at around 5:50. They went on talking and shrieking (drunkenly loud) until 6:45. I believe I could hear one of the hosts. There is also a sad looking fish bowl on the reception desk and a poor bird in a tiny cage.

• alex_clark96339
  • England, Male, 18-24
23rd Jul 2017

Had to stay here an extra night because of travel problems and the guys were super helpful and friendly. Loved my time here I'll definitely be back

20th Jul 2017

Amazing hostel. Super glad I decided to come here. The breakfast was excellent, the rooms were spacious and comfortable. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially Kirk the absolute lad. Steve and Debbie were also genuinely kind and friendly. Would recommend staying here.

12th Jul 2017

It has been the best hostel i have ever been at. Lovely owners, Stev &Debi, are really amazing, friendly and helpful. You feel totally at home and chilled at their place. Stev even drove me in his car to find a kitesurfing spot for me and lent me his wetsuit. Their crew are also really amazing , friendly and helpful people. This place is also amazing for solo travelers like me. I had so much fun and met some amazing people there. My advice is to stay at least more that 2 days ;)) Cheeers!!

30th Jun 2017

Literally one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The hostel itself is in a great location, the rooms are nice and clean, activities (surf lessons, massages, etc) can be arranged for you at reception, and they have different events like Pizza and BBQ Night. The staff is AMAZING (super warm and friendly), and very helpful when it comes to recommendations of things to do/see/eat. They make you feel like family as opposed to just a guest :)

• cruss90
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
30th Jun 2017

Unreal hostel, great staff, facilities and atmosphere. One of the better places you will stay in Europe. Thanks for having the boys!