Paisa City Hostel Reviews

Calle47D #72-37, Medellin, Colombia

The staff was helpfull, I like this hostel but I´ve been in better ones. The location is very convenient though, just 5 minutes walking to the bus station and pretty close to all bars and pubs.

Very nice atmosphere at this place. Miss Paola and Miss Oriana are excellent hosts

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good location but not a good place to meet other backpackers. Mostly Colombians on holiday and staff. The staff didn't bother to keep the noise level down as people were busy in the cooking kitchen outside of our room after midnight. I'm not against hanging out and drinking, but there's a bar area where noise would have been fine. Bathroom was lacking a light during our entire stay and generally not kept clean. Wouldn't recommend, there are other great hostels in the city.

Hello, thank you for your visit, we apologize for the inconvenience and we want to remind you that while the guests are not expressed (at the time) is a bit impossible to know what bothers them or not. thanks again

It's a great cheap place to stay in Medellín. Definitely not a party hostel (which for me was ideal). There were a couple live-in guests, which is always nice at dinner time, and it seemed to attract cool people. The main things that made it great for me were * 2 minute's walk from train * Access to grocery nearby * Good environment for meaningful interactions

Thanks for highlighting the really Important Things in our hostel, the party activities has place in the bar and outside, depend the activities in the week. (keep in mind, now is not the vacation time ).

In a great location; Metro station is 1 minute walk away, the bars and restaurants of Cra. 70 a little bit further. Would definitely stay here again.

Thanks for you great company, we hope to see you again.

REALLY NICE ATMOSPHERE & A GREAT LOCATION! MEDELLIN IS A WELL ORGANIZED CITY. YOU ARE RIGHT DOWNTOWN - WHERE ALL THE ACTION IS AT! * CALLE 70* THE STAFF ARE VERY HELPFUL & COOL:) ITS STILL NEW & COMMUNITY FRIENDLY CLEAN SHEETS & BATHROOMS:) COLD BEER & HOT SHOWERS:)) WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR $12 A NIGHT?? THEY EVEN WASH YOUR CLOTHES FOR $1 I RECOMMEND IT ABOVE A LOT OF MORE EXPENSIVE 3 STAR HOTELS THERE!

Thanks so much for visit us, we hope to see you again, big hug from all staff.

Pro's: Good locations near metrostation and supermarkets. Helpfull staff. They gave us a upgrade from a dorm to a private double room because everything was fully booked. The Wifi is good. Comfortable rooms and big kitchen. Con's: Breakfast was poor. Just dry bread with thee and instant coffee. No marmalade or cheese or... The bed in the double room is very hard, it's like sleeping on a wooden bench. The showers are cold. But it's a new hostel with a lot of potential!

Thanks for visiting, we take your recommendations to improve, now our breakfast is better and we have verified that all the showers have hot water. with respect to the mattress are different preference. hope to see you again :)

It was not clear when I arrived that I had booked a hammock, not a bed, so I had to pay extra for a bed. Also it was advertised that tehre would be breakfast. Apparently Sunday is the only day when they don't do breakfast, also not on the website. Not very happy that the staff informed me that making breakfast is too much work.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Gabon

We informed you by email with attached image the room you reserved before you arrive, we are sorry because 23000 Cop was much money for your European pocket. apology for not serving breakfast on Sundays (if reported on the website), we also sorry for not doing it that day just for you and bring it to your bed. Thank you.