Pak-Up Hostel Reviews

87 Utarakit Rd., Paknam Krabi, Krabi, Thailand

This hostel is great if you're into a party-type environment. The bar attached was playing loud music into the night making it a bit difficult to sleep. Despite the music the actual facilities in Pak up are modern and up to date. My dorm was clean & I had a comfy bed. I wish there was a curtain to close off my bed from the rest of the room but that's the only minor detail that I'd change. The staff helped to arrange transport/were very polite! It's a good stop over if you're headed elsewhere!

Loved staying in Pak-up, friendly staff and such comfortable beds! Coming back in a few days and can't wait!

• 22nd Jan 2015

The staff were really helpful and nice and the hostel was so clean! The beds were soft, the lockers were big and the bathrooms had hot water and good water pressure. It was pretty much the perfect hostel. Literally the only thing that was imperfect was the wifi speed but even that is understandable given the number of people using it at any given time. Loved Pak-Up and will definitely stay there next time I'm in the area.

• 21st Jan 2015

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Awesome facilities, rooms are cleaned daily and bathrooms and showers are cleaned a few times a day. There's a common area and two bars, where activities like beer pong and twister are hosted daily by the staff. Great place to meet other travellers. Not too close to the beach but central location with the pier nearby and amazing food markets 2 minutes away. Definitely missing Krabi solely because of this hostel. Stay at Pak Up!

• 20th Jan 2015

Good place to stay. Central location, clean, lot of space. There is a lot of people staying in this hostel so it is easy to meet people but employees at the information desk are a little bit lazy and not that helpful. Good place to stay anyway.

It s a vry big hostel and 10 pers.dormitory is a lot of people in the same room but i slept well anyway .bring your sheets cause they have none.

Hi, We provide sheets and a duvet set for all of our beds. We also provide an optional free towel with a returnable 200 baht deposit. Regards, Pak Up Management

Pak Up Hostel was the first hostel I stayed in where I lived with 9 other people (2 being my friends). It was the best experience I could have asked for and am nervous that other hostels won't live up to it. The beds were comfy with had a nice comforter, the bathrooms were pretty decent and the staff was helpful. There are also huge lockers underneath the bed. I would stay here again!

My boyfriend and I had a fantastic break at this hostel. It's true what they say; we originally booked 2 nights and ended up staying 5 because we loved it too much. The staff is extremely kind (remembered our names by the middle of our stay and helped us plan our excursions): including the woman who cooks everything herself at the pizza restaurant. The facilities were top notch! Everything was clean and of good taste. Only complaint: it's loud when they play the giant Jenga in the upstairs bar!

i love this place! I have actually booked it twice now. Very clean and the beds are so comfy! The staff is nice and the common area is a great place to hang out. Close to all the markets and ferry station.

Excellent hostel with good facilities, nice clean dorms and on site bars. Only negative is they charge to use the computers if you don't have your own wifi device and the wifi is a little slow. Tha staff are helpful.

Had a great time in this hostel, even though its quite large it feels small and is easy to meet people!

• 12th Jan 2015

Excellent hostel! Plenty of space to put your belongings and big beds. Big, clean, bathrooms. 2 bars within the hostel to hang out in one on the roof and another outside. Plus they do activities at the bars to get people participating. The bars aren't super loud though. We didn't have any problem falling asleep really early on a Saturday night either. Great Wifi. Overall, loved our stay.

Great hostel, definitely would recommend!

The staff wasn't friendly at all, i don't know if it's just for my group or to others too, since we are an asian group. They were "helpfull", but with a cost, and they will answer all your question, but with a boring face. The facilities were good though, it's just the service needed an upgrade.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

This is an excellent hostel! Very comfy beds, clean, nice showers and bathroom. The rooftop bar is also nice and they organize nightly events. However, this is a large hostel and it can be a little bit difficult to meet people if you are traveling solo.

A good hostel with decent facilities. Aimed at the party crew - usual photos of lost weekends all over the walls and promises of beer pong although I was not kept awake on the one night I was there so you can ignore all that. I was in a 10 bed dorm but it was spacious and big drawers allocated to each bed. Hostel is very well looked after and clean and tidy, staff friendly enough and sorted out an airport transfer for me. Close to all the bars etc. No breakfast though but I would recommend.

Great hostel, comfy bunks with huge lockable drawers underneath, could maybe benefit from a curtain. Shower facilities were excellent. The hostel wasn't as social as I'd hoped, possibly down to the fact that the bar was closed when I was there which was a bit disappointing. Great place to stay for a flying visit if you need to stop off in Krabi Town.

This hostel is fantastic. So clean and comfortable, location is great. It has 2 bars with activities on each night. The staff are really helpful, you can book tours and transport with the hostel for easy pick up. Beds are comfy and clean, huge lockers, lots of toilets and showers, hairdryer, towels, everything you need essentially! Easily one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, made our time in Krabi all the more enjoyable.

I paid deposit for the towel, but the staff forgot to give me. The other day when I checked out, the staff refused to give me back me deposit. I asked the staff to book a taxi to airport for next morning 6:30am. When I arrived the reception, no car there. She promised me but did nothing. So I ended up by wasting 30 minutes waiting, and spent more money for taxi. The staff is really not trustworthy.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Pak Up has a lot of hype. When you're paying more than the average hostel or guest house in the area, there should be a good reason. There isn't. The "party hostel" image isn't there. I was there for New Years and nothing was going on. I was always hot when I slept in my room, despite having the air conditioning and fan on. The hot water shower worked only two of the four nights I stayed there. The hostel nickel and dimes you for everything from a towel deposit to excessive laundry charges.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7