Pal's Hostel Reviews

Hercegprimas street 3, 1st Floor apt 4, Budapest, Hungary

2001 Total Reviews

Great feeling hostel down the street from St. Stephens Cathedral and plenty of places to eat. Not too far or too close to the Jewish area so you can easily walk to bars/pubs in the evening. Definitely a place to stay in Budapest.

RE double room right by Deak Ferenc & Vaci Utca. Fab location-walking distance to main shopping area & great bars & restaurants. The flat itself was amazing with an INCREDIBLE bath! I have never seen a bigger bath or nicer bathroom! Great little kitchen & table to eat at. I would definitely return here & would urge others too as well. Wifi was broken during our stay so we had a discount, but could have moved rooms if we wanted to.

hostel lies in the courtyard of a residential building close to the metro station Deak Ferenc, it is centrally located. The staff was a a bit bored while telling us about the sights of Budapest - probably she does this more than once a day. The rooms are double locked, first the front door, then the individual chambers. The room was clean and nice, great for a stay.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Pals hostel is amazing! Location is great. Rooms and apartments are spacious, wifi is good. No complaints at all, would definitely recommend for couples wanting a cozy inexpensive place to stay.

Incredible location and apartment! Traveled Europe for a month and this was our favorite spot. Our apartment had a nice kitchen, huge living room, tall ceilings, and was seconds away from everything. Definitely will be returning!

Pal's Hostel is in an incredible location - on the same street as St. Stephen's Basilica, a very direct & safe walk from the main metro station, only 10 minute walk to the main ruin pubs, & near plenty of good food. We had a basic double room, which was massive! We shared a bathroom & a big kitchen with only one other double room. Incredible value for the money. The staff had very helpful recommendations for things to do. We look forward to staying here again the next time we come to Budapest!

One of the best apartment I've ever been to. The room is huge, clean, can't have a better position and the stuff is very kind and ready to answer any kind of questions.

• 18th Apr 2015

Great group of people! Staff very helpful! The showers the the separate apartments though overflowed often.

You can use the shower curtain :)

We booked a 4 night stay but the first night was the worst of my life. The apartment we were given was in a very noisy square where people seem to play football, singing and dancing, shouting until 5 o'clock in the morning. We could not sleep at all and when we complained the following day they replied "that's what you get from a city centre". We were then moved to a second flat that was much quieter and nice but it was available only for 1 night and therefore we had to bbok an hotel for the res

• 16th Apr 2015

I remember that night. That was the first night of real spring here. All the people went out. Still people usually like that apartment even in heavy summer nights:) The next day he came to the reception and said he wanted all of their money back otherwise he would call the Police and 'destroy the apartment'. We answered he could call the Police and gave him back their money for the next 3 nights. Then he said he wanted to stay 3 more nights. But the other apartment was available only for one:(

Great accommodations all around.

• 16th Apr 2015

We stayed for only one day, but the staff was so friendly and helpful that we managed to get the most from our time. It is clean and quiet, the rooms are spacious and when it comes to location it is probably the best you can choose in Budapest since the hostel is located in the very centre. I definitely hope to come again here when I visit Budapest next time.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

The Good: - You will not find a better location - We had a whole apartment for a private 3 room dorm The Bad: - The apartment was away from the main hostel but I would't call this a big negative

Thank you for the wonderful stay we had.. We all enjoy our stay. The apartments are accessible. The staff we met were all helpful.. Special mention to Martin who did accompany us to go to our apartments. I highly recommend PALs hostel. Keep up the good work. From us Filipino- British Nurses from England.

• 11th Apr 2015

Pal's hostel is in an excellent location, right in the middle of everything we wanted to see in Budapest! The staff was very friendly, and our room was comfortable and very very big! This hostel was so inexpensive, but great quality! Definitely would stay again.

Perfect place for a couple or solo traveler looking to stay in the center of Budapest, with some privacy, but at affordable hostel prices!

I had a huge apartment to my self that had an amazing few of the church. I loved every minute of my stay. It was clean and close to everything. I highly recommend staying here.

The location is absolutely perfect. You are in the center of Budapest, and every major must-see is an easy walk. The staff was so helpful, and they arranged a shuttle service to the airport for me! I would definitely stay here again!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Great place! Very nice and cool instalations you feel like living inside the heart of the city , close to everything beautiful view !!! Staff very friendly and very good information given ! Thank you guys

We had a wonderful time staying at Pal's! I loved the apartment set up. It allowed us to be in a great location for a great price and still have privacy and security. It was also wonderful to be within walking distance of so much.

One of the best hostels we've ever stayed in, highly recommended, almost at private apartment standard!

• 30th Mar 2015