Pal's Hostel Reviews

Szent István tér 3, 2nd floor, doorbell: 15, Budapest, Hungary

Amazing location, with excellent facilities and staff! An amazing way to enjoy Budapest! I would definitely stay again!

• 3rd Feb 2016

the best hostel ive been so far. prime location!

We both really enjoyed our stay here, staff were super friendly - we missed our flight and the staff were so helpful arranging transport for us at 1am! That themed followed throughout when they advise use on places to go and visit. Accommodation was great value and clean. I would really recommend this :-)

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

We loved staying at Pals, it's without a doubt the best hostel we've ever stayed in

• 28th Jan 2016

Really a fantastic hostel! A two floor department. Can see the top of the church! Really beautiful!

The location is excellent, its so close to the main sightseeing. I have only one negative aspect that i want to share with, the bed is little bit uncomfortable.

Thank you! Most of our beds are with this mattress: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10272302/. The rest go with something similar.

Everything was great! My favorite hostel I've ever been to. My only complaint, and this is small, is the wifi is very un reliable. When the other couple was in the apartment, we couldn't even use it.

Thank you very much! I think if the wifi dosen't work it's not a small but big problem. Our signal is strong. We use extenders to spread it all around. Please do not unplug or disconnect them. And please let us know immediately if you have any problem. We can help you!:)

There was no free tea or coffee in my building

You can have free tea or coffee at the reception-lobby-common room. Cheers:)

Very helpful and kind staff. Really enjoy my stay there! :)

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Hong Kong

Awesome experience. Folks at the desk were super helpful, the location is prime, and the room is cozy. Exactly what I needed!

It's a great hostel with an out-standing view of one of the greatest attractions in the city. However, the downside, perhaps some problem occurred, but there was no heated water in the bathroom during our short stay. We had no choice but to use it with the freezing cold water when it's winter time. It is, I'm sure, the only downside of the stay.

Thank you for your kind words!:) However lack of hot water is a big downside! There was a problem with the gas heater there (the switch between heating and boiling water didn't work) but we fixed it. Please let us know if there is any problem in your room! For example we always have a spare shower for you at the reception. We can't help if we unaware of your problem!:)

One of the best i've ever been!

Best hostel in Europe so far! Excellent rooms and staff!

One of the bests hostels that I have already been. Everything was tidy up, cosy, the kitchen was very well equiped and the rooms were large. The apartment which I stayed had a beautiful view to Szent István-bazilika. The staff was very kind, they explained lots of about the city when we arrived. They also have a common area, we can use the computer and take copies of check in for free. I definitely recommend!

My room is in the third second floor, and there is no elevator. When the stuff take me to my room, We've got to go up with my very heavy luggage, the stuff didn't give me any help...I just move step by step, Blood tired! And when I check, they are very rude!

We have no third floor of the building where she stayed in. This is written on Hostelworld: 'Please also note that we have no elevator for the rooms with shared bathrooms (but they’re only on the 1st and 2nd floors:)).' She arrived in the morning but since check-in is possible only from 2 pm she left her bags at the luggage store and went away. Coming back after 2 she stood up between 2 guests (who were checking-in) and started to hit the reception desk saying out loud 'Check-in! Chec-in!' We companied her to her room asking if she needs some help with her bags several times. But she said 'no' all the time.

The bathrooms were pretty cold outside of the rooms, but it wasn't bad at all.

• 3rd Jan 2016

Good accommodation right in the center of town with excellent security to private rooms. Average facilities but made for a great stay in Budapest.

My boyfriend and I book a single bed private room, to our surprise we ended up getting a very nice and large apartment, with a living room, full kitchen with cooking utensils, and a bathroom. If you're looking for privacy for yourself or with someone else/others I would recommend Pal's. The staff was friendly and helpful as well.

(+) Great Staff, Good bed, Awesome location. Definitely recommended for a stay in budapest (-) No hot water in the shower. I asked the staff to solve the problem during my 3 nights stay but they were not able to solve the problem. (-) I had selected a dorm however they offered me a private room with shared bathroom and kitchen. No way to socialize with other travelers.

Plus: Thank you:) Minus: He said there is no hot water in his bathroom. We exmined it immediately. It was not ignited. We ignited it for him three times. At his check-in we gave him a key for a spare bathroom on the next floor. Minus: He booked a single room private with shared bathroom. We run with our first dorm for a few week. We didn't have any dorm when he made his reservation

We are assigned to a very big apartment. That's very great!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6