Pal's Hostel Reviews

Hercegprimas street 3, 1st Floor apt 4, Budapest, Hungary

Great and clean apartment, very helpful staff! All in all perfect for a weekend or even longer... We all did not want to leave

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Best way to visit Budapest, located very central, so that you can see the main sights by walking. We had an appartment which we shared with two other persons so it was more like a "communal residence" than a typical Hostel. It is no Party Hostel what we really enjoyed. Also very clean and comfortable. We recommend this Hostel!

• 9th Sep 2014

A lovely hostel with a warm welcome. Good facilities and great value for money. In the perfect location, close to train stations/metros/buses and the city centre. Staff were always happy to help and very polite. Great vibes in the hostel, and with three doors to our room we felt quite secure indeed. Would definitely recommend.

Really nice hostel, highly recommended. It is cheap and you can sleep in fewer people, so you can save energy to the bars, pubs and clubs of the city. The staff are really friendly and they give you good local tips for places and eating around.

Nice place, ideally located

Wonderful staff, very nice and helpful. Gorgeous comfortable flat, which was very clean when we arrived. Also a great location in the center of town for a good price. I would definitely recommend this place!

• 3rd Sep 2014

Great place to stay in. Really close to St. Steven's Basilica (about 20 meters), and to the jewish neighborhood where there are tons of cool stores and bars. I totally recommend to stay at Pal's hostel.

This hostel was perfect, I can't think of a thing that was bad about it! The hostel is in a perfect location, the staff are wonderful, and the rooms were spotless. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 2nd Sep 2014

The apartment was better than we expected by far. A great stay!!

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We stayed in the 3-person apartment for four nights. The apartment was brilliant - big, spacious and clean. It's in a great central location near to the St Stephens Basilica. Despite not having a 24-hour reception desk, one of the staff members was kind enough to meet us to let us into the apartment even though we arrived at midnight on a Sunday! Could not recommend this apartment enough. If we're ever back in Budapest we would definitely want to stay here again.

This hostel was perfect. Best location in the city, very nice rooms, and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly - the owner even let us stay in the foyer an extra night so we could catch our 4AM train. Excellent value for money - could not recommend this more.

Absolutely loved our three night stay in Pals. On arrival staff were happy to give us lots of useful information about the city, which helped greatly. Our room was modern and clean, with a comfortable bed and couch. The location of this hostel is incredible, couldn't have asked for better! I would stay again in Pals in a heart beat. Highly, highly recommend.

There were 5 of us staying in a large private apartment that ended up being much bigger than I was expecting. The staff was great and the location was perfect. I would definitely recommend staying at this hostel!

• 29th Aug 2014

Would definitely recommend. Room was massive and v clean. V central location.

The first impression of the hostel was not all that great.

Fantastic cool and quiet hostel! Kitchen/Bathroom facilities were great and staff are friendly and very knowledgeable about Budapest.

I wold definitely go back to Pal's Hostel.

Potential customer's should be aware that the flat is in front of the "Basilika", hence the noise its bells will penetrate in your brain every morning at 9am (and sometimes during the evening, depending on the day of the week and the relogious ceremonies). And when I say "penetrate", I mean it literally - I've never heard such a loud sound in my life!!!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Yes the bell is loud:(

I with a friend were staying at Pal's hostel for 5 nights. We got an apartment in a really great and beautiful location. It was on the top floor right in front of St. Stephen Basilica. The apartment consist of 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a very large living room. Very reasonable price for a very nice room and apartment. Would definitely come back and recommend it for everyone.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

We came here after a heavy few days at Sziget Festival (RECOMMENDED), and were so pleased we did. The place was absolutely spotless, the staff really friendly, and it was just what we needed to recover after partying. This hostel is quiet, and really well located to walk to many bars, restaurants and sites of interest. I would not hesitate to recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Budapest- the room type makes it suitable even for couples looking for a long weekend break. FAB!

• 18th Aug 2014