Pal's Hostel Reviews

Hercegprimas street 3, 1st Floor apt 4, Budapest, Hungary

Really loved the place and had such a fantastic location for young travellers as it is situatated right in the centre and has a lot to offer. However the one down side of where we stayed was that it was difficult to get good wifi signal in the room itself but instead had to sit in the stairs to be able to use the Internet but apart from that it was really great and would love to stay there again and would recommend to anyone

I tried it myself and the signal was not stron enough in the room. Sorry about it:( We put an extender for wireless in the room. The connection is very good now:)

Great and helpfull staff. Good atmosphere and well located.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Spain

We were very happy with the check-in we had and the explanation they gave us over the hostel, tips to get around in Budapest etc. They were very helpfull!! Thank you!!

Outstanding location, incredibly helpful and friendly staff who went above and beyond to make sure we had the nicest stay possible. Room was good and location couldn't be any better. Would recommend this place to anyone and when returning to Budapest this would be the first place I would look to book.

Perfect location (main sights, club/bar area within walking distance, supermarket nearby too)! Very friendly and helpful staff (gave us useful tips and recommendations). Had a double room with shared bathroom: spacious room, kitchen and bathroom/shower was all the time spotless clean. Wifi connection didn't work well :( Hostel's common area is quite small, so not really ideal for meeting other travellers (others than the ones in your flat). If back in Budapest I will definetely stay here again!

Thank you very much! We are opening our new reception desk with big common area next week:)

All rounder - ridiculously superb location, nice balcony overlooking the basilica church. Staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Nice kitchen, clean sheets, comfy beds... Pro Tip: tug the chain on the toilet twice to make it stop

Cheers! We fixed the toilet chain:)

a great location, and a lovely apartment. our apartment had a spectacular view of the basilica (probably the best view of the basilica you can get in Budapest!). Very clean and well equipped living room and kitchen, and it was a place we could feel at home :) Would definitely return again.

A spacious apartment with an absolutely stunning view from of the Basilica, as well as sublime location within the city, Pal's is the best hostel I've been to. The staff are incredibly kind and helpful, and the place felt very homely. My only possible complaint would be the artwork in the apartment, but that's a matter of personal taste anyway...

• 10th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Yeah. There's a painting about the life cycle. Snake eats the pig... :)

This hostel is like having your own apartment right in the city center. We had a balcony, giant bathroom, and fully equipped fridge AND we were right next to the basilica. Honestly the best hostel I've saved in in Europe so far, especially for the price. The staff also was more than helpful- gave us directions, restaurant recommendations, etc. as well as a basic review of the city to make the most of our stay. So friendly. Loved our stay here!

Very helpful reception staff

Pals was good, big room and good location! Bit scary at night having to walk up the stairs in the dark and trying to find the light! But overall a nice stay and very excellent location!

Thank you very much! The switch for the light is at the begining of the staircase.

The apartment was amazing! It was completely spotless, fully furnished and we had so much space. We were literally right next to the Basilica and had a brilliant view of it and the surrounding square from our windows. Although the only problem was that in the middle of summer with no air conditioning, one small fan could not cool down the whole apartment so we often felt too hot.

My brother and I had a wonderful stay at Pal's! The staff were all great, and our room was perfect. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and would certainly stay here again on a future trip to Prague!

• 7th Jul 2015

It's in Budapest:)

We thought the location was really great and loved our view over looking the Basilica. We also thought it was really helpful that the staff pointed out all the pest places to go on the map, no other hostel has done that. One improvement could be somewhere to wash and hang our clothes.

• 4th Jul 2015

Thank you and sorry!:) We have the capacity of washing and drying up to 6 loads daily:( Usually it's enough.

Great location, clean and quiet place + helpful staff. I loved it!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

very lovely people, perfect place

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Bulgaria

I had an excellent stay-- my apartment was centrally located, spacious, and clean, and the hostel staff were extraordinarily kind and helpful. I will definitely make a return visit to Pal's Hostel when I am in Budapest. Thank you!

Had an amazing week! Brilliant location - couldn't have asked for better. The staff were great and always gave the best advice where to go and what to see, everything they suggested was brilliant. Room was big and there was all the essential facilities you would need. Thank you Pals for an amazing trip!

• 29th Jun 2015

Phenomenal location in the heart of the city and a beautiful, private room with a full kitchen and bathroom right next door. We were so elated that we found this place!

This hostel is Amazing !Not only is the location right in the center but the staff is so friendly and helpful! I was denied boarding onto my fight out of Budapest and even though the hostel was completely full they let me stay in there spare emergency room for an extra couple of nights while I got my visa stuff fixed at the embassy. They gave me directions on how to get there and turned this nightmare of a situation into something manageable. If your looking for an amazing hostel you've found it

• 25th Jun 2015