Pal's Hostel Reviews

Hercegprimas street 3, 1st Floor apt 4, Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel, great location and services. The only minor issue we really had was that the apartments are situated right on the square with St Stephens Cathedral. While this makes for a great ambience and location, the cathedral bells also ring early in the morning. So unless you're a heavy sleeper, they may wake you up. But that's not really controllable, just some info that people may want to know beforehand. Otherwise, we had an amazing experience. Thank you.

• 21st Jan 2015

One of the best places I stayed so far :)

Amazing location, brilliant view from the balcony! So convenient! Definitely recommend this hostel!! Especially the apartments!!

• 16th Jan 2015

Awesome Hostel. One of the best that I have ever stayed in. Even though my flight arrived after their reception was closed, I scheduled their airport pick-up and the staff was waiting for me when I arrived at the hostel. The room was enormous and a great value for the price. Has a very friendly and welcoming environment and the location is unbeatable! I will stay here every time I return to Budapest.

Good hostel at a very good location. They put us in a 2 bed apartment with good bed and room size. However, it's also where the staff do their laundry. So we had people coming in and out of our apartment all day. Not ideal but it's a good hostel

• 14th Jan 2015

Thank you:) They booked a basic double bed room with shared bathroom. We don't disturb our guests when they book a whole apartment, but we use the bathroom if it's "shared".

This is a awesome hostel in a great location, made even better by staff who are always on hand and more than happy to help. I had a blast (thanks team).

• 11th Jan 2015

Clean, spacious rooms, very friendly staff and a great location. Very much enjoyed our stay here

Very friendly people willing to help us out!

• 8th Jan 2015

Perfect location, nice atmosphere, clean rooms, helpful and cheerful staff. Perfect place for the ones who demand peace and silent stay.

Great, clean hostel in the center of the town. Room was big, spacious, warm. Bathroom was also clean, hand towel was changed every two days. All in all I would recommend. I have one small complaint: staff did all the washing in our part of the hostel (separate flat) so there was always people in the hall in the morning talking (pretty loud), walking on squeaky parquet, passing by while you (half asleep) having breakfast, etc. I think they should have separate part for washing laundry.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Croatia

They start working at 10.30 am

We had a wonderful time and Pal's hostel just made it possible. The location is amazing when you explore Budapest on foot and it somehow seemed that Pal's was always near if you needed a break to warm up. Rooms are amazing. Staff is super friendly and even gives you some starting points when you arrive which is very valuable and no tripadvisor is as good as a local's advice. Our definite choice next time.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Croatia

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great location, great room, great facilities and great staff. Thank you!

• 2nd Jan 2015

A little disappointed when we got in as it was smaller than in the photos, and the living room we liked in the photos wasn't in the flat we were in. Perhaps our fault for not clarifying with the hostel beforehand. We stayed near the Basilica - awesome location, but the gonging on the hour did get frustrating when going to sleep. Very clean though and all of the facilities to cook, eat, entertain for a very good price. Would recommend, just don't expect to have all the nice bits in the photos.

A little bit cold in the winter night, but the staffs are super duper sweet! The location is next to a famous church, so could be a little noisy. But definitely recommend!

• 29th Dec 2014
  • China

this is the best hostel ever

Amazing location right in the centre, can walk practically anywhere. The apartment affords privacy that is not available in dorms while still keeping a hostel feel about it as the nearby office is ready to help anytime. Would definitely recommend for a stay in budapest!

The room was very little. Was a room for two person, shared bathroom. We almost couldn't walk in the room.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Chile

Yes that was a "basic" double bed room.

Great place to be in...right in the heart of the city.. Surely recommended..

We stayed in a 3 bed studio apartment that overlooked st stephens bascilica. The location was not to be beaten. The room offered everything you expect as well as a kitchen. The room was clean and tidy

we have a very wonderful time at pal' hostel, everything is fantastic. Good location which is very convenient to look around the city center and do some shopping, and the church is so closed to the room, even you can see it exactly from the dying room as well as the bathroom is cleaned everyday. Additionally, pal is so nice and very helpful. I definitely recommend all of you choose here.

• 23rd Dec 2014