Pal's Hostel Reviews

Hercegprimas street 3, 1st Floor apt 4, Budapest, Hungary

1944 Total Reviews

The view from our room was amazing, and it was really nice having a kitchen inside of our room!

• 14th Feb 2015

Really great place

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Bulgaria

Best hostel you can imagine. This is the only place I'll be staying on my trips to Budapest.

• 13th Feb 2015

Amazing location. Right next to the basilica and all the busy streets and site seeing. Could have asked for better.

• 11th Feb 2015

The hostel and room were fantastic. Great apartments, but obviously not for individual backpackers or anyone looking to meet other people. Veronika (spelling?) checked us in and was really friendly and gave us heaps of info even when in a rush. Wifi was great but the router needed to be restarted, so if you're coming here keep that in mind if it's not working!

Great location, knowledgeable staff, warm temp in massive room, hot showers and very clean bathroom/kitchen. Only downside was the walls were a bit thin but other than that perfect!

• 6th Feb 2015

Excellent central location at the St Stephen's Basilic. Very beautiful, large and clean appartment. Kitchen and bathroom well equiped. Good service, it was no problem to leave our luggage at the reception until 3 am. Our only remark is that the wifi didn't work, but overall you definitely get value for money!

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Oh! It's a pity they didn't let us know the wifi was not working. Usually a restart solves that. (If not we would've solved it in few minutes) And I double cheked that I had paid the bill:) Thank you very much for the kind words!

Our room wasn't as grand as the ones shown in the photos, but considering we chose their cheapest option, it was a good deal. It was clean, the staff were helpful, and the location was great (beside the basilica and a grand square).

The apartment we had with Pals was fantastic - was cleaned frequently, had what we needed for the weekend and is in an unbeatable location (St Steven's Basilica just outside). The staff were helpful and the airport transfer was faultless. As advertised it is not a party hostel, so wasn't really the place to meet people if you are going individually but would absolutely recommend Pals when visiting Budapest.

Great hostel, great location and services. The only minor issue we really had was that the apartments are situated right on the square with St Stephens Cathedral. While this makes for a great ambience and location, the cathedral bells also ring early in the morning. So unless you're a heavy sleeper, they may wake you up. But that's not really controllable, just some info that people may want to know beforehand. Otherwise, we had an amazing experience. Thank you.

• 21st Jan 2015

I thank you:)

We will definitely be staying at Pal's again when we are back in Budapest. I have a lot of friends who travel frequently as well and will recommend Pals to them as well!

One of the best places I stayed so far :)

Amazing location, brilliant view from the balcony! So convenient! Definitely recommend this hostel!! Especially the apartments!!

• 16th Jan 2015

Awesome Hostel. One of the best that I have ever stayed in. Even though my flight arrived after their reception was closed, I scheduled their airport pick-up and the staff was waiting for me when I arrived at the hostel. The room was enormous and a great value for the price. Has a very friendly and welcoming environment and the location is unbeatable! I will stay here every time I return to Budapest.

Good hostel at a very good location. They put us in a 2 bed apartment with good bed and room size. However, it's also where the staff do their laundry. So we had people coming in and out of our apartment all day. Not ideal but it's a good hostel

• 14th Jan 2015

Thank you:) They booked a basic double bed room with shared bathroom. We don't disturb our guests when they book a whole apartment, but we use the bathroom if it's "shared".

the staff was really cool with us because we got there at 2am, and he was actually awake waiting for us, they also have a pick-up service from airport for around 20 euros wich is pretty good, the apartment has a perfect location and stunning view

This is a awesome hostel in a great location, made even better by staff who are always on hand and more than happy to help. I had a blast (thanks team).

This place is very well located, clean and interesting. Better than we could ever have expected.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Clean, spacious rooms, very friendly staff and a great location. Very much enjoyed our stay here

Very friendly people willing to help us out!