Pal's Hostel Reviews

Hercegprimas street 3, 1st Floor apt 4, Budapest, Hungary

Four and half Stars. Shame you only get one pillow and the beds are hard and not great for your back. Saying that a great excuse to take yourself off for a massage to get the back straightened out again. Would say at Pal's again without a doubt.

Loved it at pals hostel..great value for money and the people were lovely..no faults. Regards susan.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Perfect location and when I was there everything was facilities, really kindess staff, and for young couples I think that is really good place.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Really good location. The beds were pretty comfortable and the kitchen was good. The wifi was really fast. There wasn't much of an atmosphere (we were sharing an apartment with a separate couple who we didn't ever see), but there was an area to socialise. Only bad thing was that there is a chain lock on the front door and the other couple locked us out in the cold. Removing this might be a good idea! I would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for the advice. It is really helpful. We removed it. :)

This is a really great place, centrally located but still very quiet. If you're looking for a place with some privacy and you don't want to be bothered by drunk roommates all the time, then this is your hostel. Also, the staff were very helpful and pointed us to some great locations to eat and drink in Budapest.

Wonderful appartment, right in the centre of town literally metres from St Stephens, warm in the winter cold and with everything you could need. Airport transfer was easily arranged with our flight arriving at midnight. Easily the best value for money 'hostel' I have stayed in in Europe!

We had a great stay, thank you! The hosts were so nice to wait for us even though we arrive after midnight. The location and the services are perfect, the communication was quick and efficient.

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Romania

The location and rooms were fantastic. The only thing better was the attitude, responsiveness and helpfulness of the staff. I will stay nowhere else in Budapest. Pals is simply awesome!

Very good apartment in the centre of the city... gonna come back in few month! Very recommended...

our flat was not very nice, it was a white room with ugly decoration. the building where the reception is, looks cool. we had to wait a long time for check-in.

I asked my colleague checked them in. They had to wait for 15 min while she was with other guests.

Very nice apartment / great location / friendly staff

• 1st Jan 2014

I visited 10 different cities in Europe and "Pal's Hostel" was by far the best

Great placeto stay, safe, well located, in front of St Stephen's Basilica. Really good!

Highly recommended. Especially the four person room

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Serbia

The staff are awesome! Orsi is very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly, and Esther and Robert also know lots of things about Budapest. I would love to visit again!

Don't change anything. :)

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Serbia

Nice twin bed room just cost 16Euro. Friendly staff are always helpful to show cool places to go. The only thing I not appreciate would be that it was sooooooo difficult to find the building although it is in a good location.

We stayed in the Deluxe 2 Bed Apartment Ensuite. This apartment was HUGE! You could easily have 8 people sleep over. We were extremely happy with the apartment especially at the price we paid under 25euro pp!! It was situated on Fashion street, on the highest floor. More than you could ask for. Bed was extremely comfortable and you could not hear any of the noise from the Christmas Markets which were right outside the front steps. Beautiful location, beautiful apartment. Highly recommended!

Unlike other hostels, Pal's staff was not on site. You ask for a telephone, but fail to ask if it will work in your country. Guests that travel from the U.S. may not have world wide telephone access. While Budapsest was a good location it was very noisy. I couldn't fall asleep until the early morning hours because there was so much noise. Staff does not listen to guests. I told them that we were leaving early last Thursday. No one said that they would not be there to accept the keys. I

• 7th Dec 2013

They extended their original stay with us for 2 more days and came back from Vienna for another night. When they went to Vienna they took the keys with them. Despite the fact we showed them where to leave the keys when we were not there. We couldn't use that room for one night. Also they booked the room for 4 people. They were four at check-in but the next morning wanted to pay only for 3 because 'only 3 of us slept in the room'.

My friend and I were very satisfied with the hostel and staff. Wouldn't recommend it to single travelers or travelers wanting to meet others at the hostel though. What I did not like is the message I got after our stay: 'If you were happy with our service and want to rate us on Hostelworld please note that right now our rating is 95%. It means when you put 2 points less than the maximum (7 times 5) you will give us only an overall 94%. So it doesn't help us:-(' Unnecessary imho.

• 7th Dec 2013

A lot of people don't understand how rating works. I could see several times that they wrote very nice things about my hostel. They were enthusiastic about it. They recommended it.... And put 83% or so decreasing the average. That's why I wrote that email.