Pal's Hostel Reviews

Szent István tér 3, 2nd floor, doorbell: 15, Budapest, Hungary

Possibly the best hostel I've stayed at. Right in the center of where you want to be in Budapest, an exceptional and friendly staff helped us determine our itinerary, kept the facilities clean, and were just in general very friendly.

The staff were incredibly helpful and very professional in their work. The rooms, while pretty cold, were well maintained and very lovely. If you are looking for an inexpensive way to enjoy the center of Budapest, I would strongly recommend you stay with Pal's Hostel.

The staff were extremely warm and gracious. The facilities were very nice, though my apartment was a bit a cold. I strongly recommend folks stay here for their time in Budapest.

We booked a private room for christmas and had a great time. It is a great location (right near the bazilica) and the staff were really helpful. Our flight was delayed and they stayed in contact with us to arrange a shuttle service (24 Euros) and make sure we had everything we needed for the stay. Some friends of ours stayed nearby and didnt nearly have as good of an experience as we did.

Awesome hostel. Friendly and very helpful staff and great facilities. Perfect location right next to the basilica.

It is a great place to stay in Budapest. The location is best. I found the staff very helpful and informative. I especially appreciate the recommendations for finding vegetarian food in Budapest given by the lady at the reception. The hotel rooms are scattered in nearby buildings. But this is not at all an issue because the staff explains everything very well. If I visit Budapest again, I am sure I will stay here.

Location and staff were excellent. Enjoyed it immensely.

Great location, clean room and good amenities. Not really a place to meet people if that's what you're looking for. Reception was helpful with tourist information and tours/tickets. Good value/location for the money!

The best place to be when in Budapest. You feel like actually renting a place if a private bedroom was your choice. Really central. The only bad side was that my bedroom was not as warm as I wished and was not fixed during the whole stay.

Thank you! Sorry about the heating. Normally it works with gas. If there is a problem before Christmass we had to wait a lot for the specialist to fix it. But we have spare electric heaters.

Amazing hostel! Everything about it was excellent. We had a great time in Budapest and the hostel service was great!

• 15th Dec 2015

It was beautiful. Great location, so clean, and staff were really nice .

Great hostel in a superb location! It's very nice ad cozy - private rooms are just great! They are in several buildings across the square and very quite and homely.

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Russia

Good sized rooms and GREAT location! Friendly staff too.

• 14th Dec 2015

The staff is great at welcoming and giving advise and held with taxis and such. I had a huge apartment all to myself with cute mostly ikea furniture it was awesome. And the best part is the LOCATION! Great atmosphere and very secure. Will be back soon :)

Perfect place to stay in Budapest! Right next to the beautiful St Stephen's Basilica. You can walk to all the top sights from here. We go the 4 bed apartment and it was lovely. Bear in mind, there aren't 'bedrooms', it's more of a studio apartment with beds in the living space too. The only issue might be that the church bells can be noisy on Sunday. If you like to party this might be annoying :) Fantastic, friendly staff and so cheap. 100% recommend!

Thank you!:)

it is all about creating expectations 1 , expected it to be next to basilika as all comments and pictures, was told that they don't gaurantee it 2, expected for the price that you would get service, customer is never right with them 3, expected as there's a tv it would work, but was told it's not a listed facility 4, location and atmosphere, well inside is nice, and it's in the city centre, but away from basilika, in old and scary building, with dodgy lift and neighbours, and no balcony

• 12th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

He booked a 3-bed private room ensuite. Then wrote us an email that they were only a couple but there had been no option to book a room for 2 people. We offered a small apartment 400 meters away from the Basilica. We sent him photos of it, not promising a balcony. He was delighted: 'that sounds perfect :) looks more for couples ;)' At check-in he was not happy with the apt, wanted to change it back. But we were full so couldn't do that:(

Great! Thank you Pals hostel!!

You're welcome!:)

Everything was very good, except the fact that I couldnt catch a hot-water-shower

Thank you! Sorry about the shower. There was a problem with the hot water boyler (we fixed on the next day). We have a 'spare' shower at the reception that you can use if there's a problem with the one in your room/apartment.

One of the most amazing hostels you will ever find! Very spacious, clean and they provided pretty much anything you could need! Great location, walking distance to the majority of the tourist attractions and the pub district as well as some of the best clubs in town!

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Greece

Absolutely perfect stay. Couldnt have wished for a better location, room or staff.

• 5th Dec 2015