Pal's Hostel Reviews

Hercegprimas street 3, 1st Floor apt 4, Budapest, Hungary

We thought the location was really great and loved our view over looking the Basilica. We also thought it was really helpful that the staff pointed out all the pest places to go on the map, no other hostel has done that. One improvement could be somewhere to wash and hang our clothes.

• 4th Jul 2015

Thank you and sorry!:) We have the capacity of washing and drying up to 6 loads daily:( Usually it's enough.

Great location, clean and quiet place + helpful staff. I loved it!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

very lovely people, perfect place

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Bulgaria

I had an excellent stay-- my apartment was centrally located, spacious, and clean, and the hostel staff were extraordinarily kind and helpful. I will definitely make a return visit to Pal's Hostel when I am in Budapest. Thank you!

Had an amazing week! Brilliant location - couldn't have asked for better. The staff were great and always gave the best advice where to go and what to see, everything they suggested was brilliant. Room was big and there was all the essential facilities you would need. Thank you Pals for an amazing trip!

• 29th Jun 2015

Phenomenal location in the heart of the city and a beautiful, private room with a full kitchen and bathroom right next door. We were so elated that we found this place!

This hostel is Amazing !Not only is the location right in the center but the staff is so friendly and helpful! I was denied boarding onto my fight out of Budapest and even though the hostel was completely full they let me stay in there spare emergency room for an extra couple of nights while I got my visa stuff fixed at the embassy. They gave me directions on how to get there and turned this nightmare of a situation into something manageable. If your looking for an amazing hostel you've found it

• 25th Jun 2015

Highlights were staff was friendly and super helpful with helping us plan our trip. Amazing value for money, better than any hostel we've stayed at. Bathrooms were clean and tidy, very flexible with our departure schedule. Would stay there again!

• 25th Jun 2015

Pals hostel was great! Everything was clean, the location was fabulous, and the staff was very helpful and nice!

Pal's hostel was definitely amazing! I stayed 3 nights alone but they gave me an apartment maximum for 7 persons with kitchen, that was a big surprise. The room was very clean and all facilities was good. The staff were very friendly and helpful, you don't need to search on internet by ur own because they will tell u all informations. The location was perfect, it just next to the St. Stephen's, and only 5 mins to metro station. There are bars downstairs. By the way, wi-fi was absolutely great.

The location couldn't get any better. For us only having two nights in Budapest the central location on St. Stephan's Square was perfect. The free walking tour Pal's recommended (tip well, that's how they earn a living) was excellent. The apartment was nice although I'd recommend ear plugs and face mask as the square below is lively until 3-4am on the weekend and the curtains don't block much light. Other than that, it is great!

We arrived later than expected and at a different train station. Pal's staff sent us detailed descriptions how to get to the hostel from both trainstations, which was very helpful. They were really friendly at check-in, told us the most important hot spots and how to get around the quickest, as we only had 1 1/2 days. The apartment was 100 meters from the Saint Stephens Basilika, very pretty, very central and clean. We had a great time there!

Enjoyed our stay here comfy bed compared to others we have used! Wifi was good worked in the room. Location was perfect Only con I would say is that we came across a few ants in the bedroom and the bathroom. Nothing major between 3-5 small ones.

True. It happens in one of our apartments. When there is a bigger change in the weather ants come out somehow.We 'fight' with them for few days then peace (no sign of them) for months.

The best hostel i've ever been to... Highly recommended.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

We stayed in a lovely apartment that was centrally located with easy access to restaurants, public transportation, ATMs, all the necessities. The staff was very helpful and gave us wonderful recommendations on where to go, what to do and what to eat.

Great place to stay, great location and walking distance to everything/everywhere in Budapest. I couldn't recommend this place highly enough.

• 11th Jun 2015

We loved our stay at Pal's! Our apartment looked out over St. Stephan's Basilica and was a bit loud at night with the windows open, but that's to be expected and didn't bother us. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and the apartment was lovely and had everything we needed.

Everything was perfect although our triple private was not air conditioned and quite hot.

• 11th Jun 2015

Thank you! We don't offer AC (cannot put on the surface of historical buildings) :(

Pals was perfect for us, we had a kitchen and a shared bathroom but the private room was very spacious and good bed. The location was perfect, neat there main metro and walking from most of thr main tourist things in budapest. We did not require transport passes as the location made everything easier.

• 9th Jun 2015

Awesome location in the City Center, different to most hostels as you have your own Apartment, but comfy beds and a nice Shower, though in our case it was a big bathtub and no hanging shower. Brilliant for privacy, and if you want to explore the area from the comfort of your "home"