Pal's Hostel Reviews

Szent István tér 3, 2nd floor, doorbell: 15, Budapest, Hungary

Everything was very good, except the fact that I couldnt catch a hot-water-shower

Thank you! Sorry about the shower. There was a problem with the hot water boyler (we fixed on the next day). We have a 'spare' shower at the reception that you can use if there's a problem with the one in your room/apartment.

One of the most amazing hostels you will ever find! Very spacious, clean and they provided pretty much anything you could need! Great location, walking distance to the majority of the tourist attractions and the pub district as well as some of the best clubs in town!

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Greece

Absolutely perfect stay. Couldnt have wished for a better location, room or staff.

• 5th Dec 2015

Awesome!! one of the best hostels i've ever stayed at! thank you SO much you were SO kind and helpful and made my stay in Budapest really enjoyable :D

• 3rd Dec 2015

Thank you very much!:)

I booked this hostel with barely looking at what it entailed since I found one of the 1 Euro beds for the night I needed. Boy was I surprised with what I got. A huge apartment with 3 beds, a couch, a kitchen, a balcony, and a private bath overlooking the cathedral and the Christmas markets. The staff is very friendly and provide you with free towels and kitchen supplies. I would buy this room if it was for sale.

The location could not be better! However, this brings the slight disadvantage of noise from the street (no double glazing). The room was spacious but it had one obvious disadvantage: whereas what had reserved was a "two beds room", there was only a double bed. Their argument was that "two beds" is different from twin. I wonder how that is possible according to English language...

Thank you!:) And sorry about my colleague's argument. It's our fault:( But - as she showed them - there was a pull-out sofa in the room in case they didn't want to be together in the double bed. Pal

Pal's hostel is a series of apartments in the buildings that enclose St Stevens square. The buildings are otherwise residential, providing a peaceful, secluded atmosphere. The apartment itself contains a bedroom, spacious living room/kitchen and bathroom. The ceilings are very high and made an otherwise simple apartment feel very luxurious. It was very clean on arrival. The location is the best bit - outside you are instantly greeted by the stunning edifice of St Steven's basilica.

• 28th Nov 2015

This place was awesome. We had a room away from the office right across the street. Felt like we were staying in our own apartment. It was perfect! Free coffee and tea was a cherry to the cake. The location is perfect, right next to all the christmas markets and close to the river. Took less than 10 min to walk to the Chain Bridge. The shoes on the danube river is right next to the Parliament. Very close. Could live here!

• 26th Nov 2015

Unfortunately disappointed! ! Beside the great location place have loads yo be wish for...lack of hostel atmosphere its a big no no for me, also some staff members (reception) are rude and unpleasant

They wanted to party but this is not a party hostel.

Awesome location! Great staff, room was clean and easy access to a sahred kitchen! Only one small thing, the rooms could be a little warmer. But totally recommend it!

• 22nd Nov 2015

best hostel in budapest!

Love this place!! Super nice!

• 20th Nov 2015

that's was our 2nd stay in Budapest with Pal's Hostel, great hospitality, clean, central location, good value for your own private flat :) Thomas

thank you, Tomasz!:)

Great hostel, friendly and very helpful staff! Let us leave our luggage and hang out after we checked out when our bus was very late at night. Double room was in a different building but lovely! Would definitely recommend

Hi guys! Pal's hostel is a cheap and clean accommodation. The location in a quiet zone is perfect to reach the most important attractions. The staff is welcoming and will provide with advice, a paid transportation service from and to the airport and free coffee and tea. The apartments are spacious, confortable, warmed up and equipped with a private kitchen. You have your own keys and can return whenever you want. Only in the stairway there is a strange smell, but it is a perfect place to stay.

• 18th Nov 2015

Thank you very much:) The disinfectant product had a smell.

Had a great stay at this hostel. Safe and secure apartment style hostel which was in a great location. good shower and large rooms

I got the twin suite to myself by luck of the draw for a very good bargain and I absolutely loved it!!! Nothing to complain about. The staff were excellent, my room kitchen and ensuite was tidy, location was fantastic and being able to have that privacy after all these days in large hostels was like a fresh of breath air!! Thank you Pals hostel! Awesome!!!

The view from our apartment was literally the most stunning view in Budapest.

We booked a room for two people and it was a real flat that we had, very well located (even tough not located in the main building where the hostel is). The room itself was very clean and well furnished - a kitchen with all the necessary elements, separated toilets, very comfortable bed, etc.

We stayed for one night in a standard twin bed private room in a spacious apartment (5th floor) with an amazing view. The staff is very helpful and the location is great so all the main attractions are in the walking distance. Kind regards from Croatia :)