Pal's Hostel Reviews

Hercegprimas street 3, 1st Floor apt 4, Budapest, Hungary

2026 Total Reviews

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great location, great room, great facilities and great staff. Thank you!

• 2nd Jan 2015

A little disappointed when we got in as it was smaller than in the photos, and the living room we liked in the photos wasn't in the flat we were in. Perhaps our fault for not clarifying with the hostel beforehand. We stayed near the Basilica - awesome location, but the gonging on the hour did get frustrating when going to sleep. Very clean though and all of the facilities to cook, eat, entertain for a very good price. Would recommend, just don't expect to have all the nice bits in the photos.

A little bit cold in the winter night, but the staffs are super duper sweet! The location is next to a famous church, so could be a little noisy. But definitely recommend!

• 29th Dec 2014
  • China

this is the best hostel ever

Amazing location right in the centre, can walk practically anywhere. The apartment affords privacy that is not available in dorms while still keeping a hostel feel about it as the nearby office is ready to help anytime. Would definitely recommend for a stay in budapest!

The room was very little. Was a room for two person, shared bathroom. We almost couldn't walk in the room.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Chile

Yes that was a "basic" double bed room.

Great place to be in...right in the heart of the city.. Surely recommended..

We stayed in a 3 bed studio apartment that overlooked st stephens bascilica. The location was not to be beaten. The room offered everything you expect as well as a kitchen. The room was clean and tidy

we have a very wonderful time at pal' hostel, everything is fantastic. Good location which is very convenient to look around the city center and do some shopping, and the church is so closed to the room, even you can see it exactly from the dying room as well as the bathroom is cleaned everyday. Additionally, pal is so nice and very helpful. I definitely recommend all of you choose here.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • China

Fantastic location; a block away from St. Stephens basilica. The staff were wonderful and very helpful to us. The room itself was clean and comfortable. Incredible value for the money! I would HIGHLY recommend this hostel. When I come back, I will without a doubt, stay here again. Thanks everyone!

Me and my friend stayed in the double bed apt. near the Bazilika and we absolutely loved it. It's right in the middle of the city, easy to access everything (walking distance from Instant and Szimpla pubs), really helpful and friendly staff. The room was huge and had everything we needed. The only annoying thing was the Bazilika, it's bells start ringing at 6 AM and rings every half an hour. I had earplugs so my sleep wasn't affected by it.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Israel

WONDERFUL !! Perfect for our layover night. Great location and architecturally stunning apartment. Great value and would recommend highly to any visiting Budapest.

Everything is good, but the heating is definitely terrible. In the middle of winter, the heating is not strong enough to warm up the room, and it's absolutely aging version that bring annoying sounds.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Vietnam

We have an oldschool but very good heater in that room. It's a gas convector heater. We showed them how to use it at their arrival (there's a switch on it that you can turn clockwise to increase the temperature). They stayed for 4 nights. It's a pity they didn't let us know they had been cold after their first night:(

Best hostel I could imagine in Budapest. We had a warm welcome and a spacious, clean and peaceful twin room. Bathroom and kitchen shared with two other people. The hostel is in a living area right in the city center. If I ever go back to Budapest I will go to this place again. Great value for money.

Location of this hostel is ultra, super, mega, interstellar, number one, best of bests, total, superman, spiderman, batman, best of the world.

Definitely a place I would choose again for my next trip in Budapest

We rented the 6 bed ensuite. Honestly the best place I've ever stayed ever. Unbelievable location for this part of the hostel. Only down side was that the staff was completely worthless for just about everything. They had no clue how to get around or what there was to do in the city. Kind of disappointing. However the unbelievable location made it all VERY worth it.

• 2nd Dec 2014

We ended up with a beautiful apartment -- affordable and easy luxury!

• 28th Nov 2014

We loved this cute well positioned friendly hostel in such a fabulous city. We are coming back to both for sure. Thankyou Pal's!

More than welcome:)