Palace Hostel Split Reviews

Poljana Grgura Ninskog1, Split, Croatia

Other than shower being a farce because it didn't operate and the site hard to find I found my stay once there enjoyable. A tourist agent actually took one of my cases and escorted me there at 9pm at night so that was pleasant and with the site unmanned mostly at night she made a phone call to get someone there to let me in. That I feel was above the call of duty. Love the Croatian service.

• 11th Sep 2013

When we arrived they had an entire rugeby team staying at the hostel. The staff knew this would be uncomfortable for two girls in our early twenties. As soon as we were greated the staff told us they were putting us in our own apartment. We had our own BEAUTIFUL studio apartment just around the corner from the hostel in a perfect location. The staff was so nice and showed us the best clubs and beaches on the map they gave us.

• 31st Aug 2013

My only problem over there was the cold shower, the rest was really good!

There is no reception. Just a number that you call when you arrive. You pay and they leave. The place is really dirty. I guess it's what you can expect for an accomodation in the middle of the old town at that price but it sure was one of our worst hostel experience.

Bit of a gamble. We booked a two-person private room and got put in an apartment with two other double rooms, a bathroom, washing machine, kitchen, lounge area, and a balcony. It was a great location and a nice apartment, although the room doors didn't lock and there were no lockers/safes. If you get put in the main hostel, there is no kitchen, the 'beds' are inflatable mattresses and doors don't lock.Incredible location but make a note of the address,there are no signs and the palace is a maze.

Altough the location was very good, the flat itself was in a miserable condition. Huge parts of the wall were covered with mould and it was super humid. There was a bad smell and unfortunately, it was hard to sleep at night because of the bad air. It wasn´t possible to stay in the room more than one night. Greetings, Fränken

• 22nd Aug 2013