Palace Hostel Split Reviews

Poljana Grgura Ninskog1, Split, Croatia

Other than shower being a farce because it didn't operate and the site hard to find I found my stay once there enjoyable. A tourist agent actually took one of my cases and escorted me there at 9pm at night so that was pleasant and with the site unmanned mostly at night she made a phone call to get someone there to let me in. That I feel was above the call of duty. Love the Croatian service.

• 11th Sep 2013

When we arrived they had an entire rugeby team staying at the hostel. The staff knew this would be uncomfortable for two girls in our early twenties. As soon as we were greated the staff told us they were putting us in our own apartment. We had our own BEAUTIFUL studio apartment just around the corner from the hostel in a perfect location. The staff was so nice and showed us the best clubs and beaches on the map they gave us.

• 31st Aug 2013

My only problem over there was the cold shower, the rest was really good!

There is no reception. Just a number that you call when you arrive. You pay and they leave. The place is really dirty. I guess it's what you can expect for an accomodation in the middle of the old town at that price but it sure was one of our worst hostel experience.

Bit of a gamble. We booked a two-person private room and got put in an apartment with two other double rooms, a bathroom, washing machine, kitchen, lounge area, and a balcony. It was a great location and a nice apartment, although the room doors didn't lock and there were no lockers/safes. If you get put in the main hostel, there is no kitchen, the 'beds' are inflatable mattresses and doors don't lock.Incredible location but make a note of the address,there are no signs and the palace is a maze.

Altough the location was very good, the flat itself was in a miserable condition. Huge parts of the wall were covered with mould and it was super humid. There was a bad smell and unfortunately, it was hard to sleep at night because of the bad air. It wasn´t possible to stay in the room more than one night. Greetings, Fränken

• 22nd Aug 2013

When I arrived with my friend at the Palace Hostel (which is by the way very difficult to find), a girl from the staff told us that the hostel was full and we had to stay in another place. So we follow her, we walked for maybe 15 mn to find the place which was outside the city walls and far away from the ferry port, bus station etc... The wifi was not working, the sheets not very clean...I think they could have warned us before the arrival...

When we got to the hostel no one was there to check in, eventhough I had sent an email to let them know about our arrival time. I called them and after waiting for 45 min we were told that there was overbooking and we were taken somewhere else. This other place was not located in the center and was very dirty. A very poor management.

After finally locating the hostel (lack of directions provided) we arrived to be told our room wasn't ready. Go back after a few hours, go to our TWIN PRIVATE to find a DOUBLE BLOW UP MATTRESS on the floor of a tiny room. The shower had NO hot water and you have to hold the shower head yourself, it isn't attached to the wall. If we were paying 10euro a night, I wouldn't have cared but we were paying 22euro a night and could of got much better accommodation for the same price.

Good location but for the same price you you can find a better accomodation. Good free wifi.

• 14th Aug 2013

The place was good and cheap. But we arrived at 22pm to Split, we didn't find the place, it wasn't in the maps I think or it was very dificult. A girl came to pick us up after calling, and brought to another place because we booked but it was full and they didn't have a room. Furthermore I sent an email days before to confirm and I didn't have a reply.

The only reason you would want to stay at this hostel is to keep your immune system on its toes. The staff are rude and smoke in the kitchen all day. Theres no common room. No air con, we had to steal a fan from another room in order to not melt to death. The only good thing about this place is it has free washing. Nothing palace about this place. Its also impossible to find. Theres no signs and you have to call to get them to open the door. never again.

Location couldn't have been better. V good kitchen set up. We paid for a double room and we got 2 sofa beds. Also no lock on bedroom door.

big shame!!! TERRIBLE! dont book for this appartement! first we waited 3 hours and the girl told us we dont have a room here we had to go in another place! we walked 30 minutes and the girl showed us a room like a CAVE! we hoped it was a joke! so we cancelled the reservation! BIG SHIET

This is not a hostel. This is like a normal room, totally hard to be found. There is no Staf, no facilities. Is a good deal if you want stay just for a night. Otherwise, avoid this place

We had booked to stay at palace hostel but when we arrived we were moved to a different location. We stayed in a small apartment for two which was fine, the air con was good and there were basic kitchen facilities but no bathroom door. The lady also tried to over-charge us(by about 3 times) and I think if we hadn't noticed she wouldn't have corrected it. Overall the apartment was fine and we had everything we needed but it was not what was advertised.