Palace Hostel Reviews

Savoyenstrasse 2, A-1160 Wien, Vienna, Austria

If you have a car, is the location good, without car is Palace Hostel far from centre (7 km by car, only bus). I missed a lock in storage, electric kattle or MW in the kitchen for guests. And small glasses aren´t in the room. But the breakfest is good.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great view. But WIFI internet is VERY Poor. considering there is no cafe nearby to pop in to use its WIFI you are practically stuck without internet when you are back in the hostel so do your internet surfing in the city before heading back.

This place was really like my home in Vienna. Just one bus ride away from the city and you have all the access to the main sites. I needed a break from living in a busy city centre and this place gave me a break. The view from the hill is absolutely amazing!!! Even got welcomed by a wild squirrel on the way, breakfast was good, good wifi connection, I'd come back next time!

A little far out of the way, but the view from behind the hostel is amazing.

We were worried about the distance of this hostel from the city centre, but the train and bus system was very easy to use and services to the hill were frequent. The views were stunning and make it entirely worth it! We found the staff super helpful with directions. We were recommended the winery a 5min walk away for dinner by the receptionist (popular with the locals it had a fabulous atmosphere!). The free breakfast was the most extensive spread I've seen on 4mths of travels - delicious!

This hostel is a bit away from city centre, but has amazing views. Breakfast is very good too and included. Alex at the front desk is lovely, very helpful. In terms of atmosphere there's nothing organised which can be hard for a solo traveller. Wifi is not the best, doesn't work in the rooms but that's not a big deal. Rooms were clean and okay sized.

Everything was very nice, just the late evening noise is annoying.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Serbia

Location is about 5km from the city centre but a combination of bus and underground can get you there in about 30mins and both run regularly. Best to get a 1 day, 2 day or 3 day travel ticket or Vienna pass if sightseeing a lot. Hostel price was good value probably due to the location. Nice views of the city as the hostel is on a hill. You have to enter through the more lavish Austria Trend Hotel entrance and drive past the front of it and park in the left side car park before the hostel.

For Vienna I wanted a place to relax and take in everything, Palace Hostel provided that with a spectacular view of the city. On the other-hand if you need to be next to all of the sights and can't deal with a 15-20 min trip into the city via bus/tram, than this is not the place for you. Hostel has free breakfast which is a nice plus. WiFi for me was okay. Not the place to connect with fellow travelers but like I said nice place to recharge. More of a hotel feel.

Four kinds of pate at breakfast! And an expresso machine. Kinda pricy but not bad for Vienna. Beautiful location and backyard with a stunning view. Good hipster restaurant next door. Wonderful hiking just across the street.

• 7th Sep 2014

I loved the place, especially the staff was really helpful and can speak English well. The place is well connected to public transport and almost in the middle of the forest. Also, give Villa Aurora nearby a try because the Austrian food is really good. The only complain I have is that tables should be better cleaned after breakfast and that wi-fi does not reach rooms all of the time. Other than that the place is quiet and I was able to stay by myself for 4 days in a room for 4.

Very nice location, fine breakfast, hospitable stuff, less than half an hour to the city center, wi-fi signal does not reach farther rooms. Generally very pleased indeed.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

The location is very beautiful, but also a bit far from city center.

This is my second time inter railing and visiting Vienna. This place is great if you don't mind being a bit out of the city. The views are brilliant and we really enjoyed going cycling in the countryside. The breakfast is perfectly nice. I wouldn't say this is particularly a hostel for travellers looking for a party/social scene. There are lot of school groups and families. It was also a little frustrating when we were waiting around at reception for an hour because they'd "popped out"

The hostel was nice and I have no complaints about the room, the facilities or the cleanliness, but the place was really hard to find when coming by car. We had to call the reception several times and in the end we had even driven past it but the instructions were quite vague. We were for example not told that to get to the hostel you have to drive to the inner yard of the nearby hotel and the hostel kind of in the forest behind it. Luckily the people from the nearby hotel helped us

Really cool to stay in a hostel that looks over the city, we had a great time admiring the view. There are also walking/bike trails all around so if your outdoorsy I can guarantee you'll like it. The drawback however that it is ages away from anything, you need to allow 45 mins to get into Vienna city. The bathrooms became quite dirty, possibly due to the lack of any bathmat; it became practically muddy after a day. Another drawback is that the wi-fi did not reach all the rooms.

The location of this hostel is absolutely amazing. Even if you want to see the city, it can still be done from this hostel. It is about a 30-35 min ride on bus/U-bahn, but the location of this hostel is worth it! The rooms and bathrooms are super clean, the staff is very friendly, and how can you turn down the free breakfast??? There's also a really nice deck where you can hang out and meet other travelers!

Very good and cosy hostel in a wonderful location! Located in a hill, has incredible views to the city. Perfect place to be relaxed, laying in the grass and profiting before going to visit the city. Just 20min from the city center with public transports which are very regular in time. Totally recommend and want to come back!!

Annoying noise after 10pm

Second time staying here since the location is great and the beds are comfy. Each time I've stayed something has gone wrong. First time I was willing to let it pass since stuff happens, but the second time was too much. I got back to the room late and someone was sleeping in my bed. Looked around and there were no free ones available. Spent the next 30 minutes with the staffer trying to figure out where I could sleep. Nothing to say sorry except that I had to come down the next day for a new bed