7.8
Very Good 1,283 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 1,283 Total Reviews
Palace Hostel Located at Savoyenstrasse 2, A-1160 Wien, Vienna.
Austria

• Nikers
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
28th Oct 2016
7.1

Rooms were nice, made our own beds, rooms are small, coridoor heading towards rooms always smelt bad and reminded me of hospital hallways, the one staff member we dealt with seemed more interested in playing with her phone then helping us out of places to see and do, besides that beds were comfortable , seems odd to only have three power outlets for a room of four people ?? Ensuite was great and modern looking, and the view from this hostel is fantastic :)

8th Oct 2016

Beautiful location! Quiet and well-taken care of. Best room setup I've seen in Europe. Plenty of locked storage. Close to the city, but feel like you're in the country. Nice walking trails and park nearby. Only downside was cigarette smoke from ground floor guests drifted into my room and made me sick. Staff failed to make other guest stop.

4th Oct 2016
7.7

A little unorganized since one staff member charged me for breakfast and another didn't, so technically the breakfast isn't free but really, just walk down there and start eating because 5.50 isn't a fair price for cereal and bread. Getting into town is very simple as its only a bus ride and subway to get there, 25 mins total. Fabulous view of the city and a fairly quiet hostel if you want to stay outside of the city for a decent price.

• blasianguy1
  • USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
1st Oct 2016
4.9

This hostel has a great view of the city, but that is where the good things end. When we arrived to the hostel, the receptionist was nice and helpful enough, but the location to the city, the facilities, and the surrounding area are not even mediocre. The rooms were incredibly small, the building cold and uninviting, and the amenities incredibly lacking. They didn't have keys to the lockers and only had one key for the room for the two of us to share (and couldn't make more key cards).

• England, Male, 18-24
27th Sep 2016

Really off the trail, good for a nice nature fix. Quite far away from the city (bus and a tube ride to the city). But really good view, I enjoyed my stay there.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2016
7.4

The view was sooooo nice. And the trip into the main city isn't even hard or long. There was zero atmosphere at the hostel. I honestly think we were the only people staying at the time. It's nice, however, if you sit on the grass outside and have a picnic or something as all the locals come out to do the same. Rooms were clean but our bathroom smelt a bit. It's nice to see real Vienna instead of city Vienna

• Hong Kong, Male, 31-40
15th Sep 2016
7.7

The view is fantastic, I saw the skyline of Vienna city and good environment up in the hill. Even though its not located in city center, bus routes are frequently travel from hostel to the nearest station. If you want tranquility and nice landscape, Palace hostel is a good choice.

• England, Male, 18-24
22nd Aug 2016
8.0

Wow what a view! The view makes the 30/45 minute tube and bus journey out to the hostel from the centre worth it! Clean and friendly hostel, and would recommend it! The breakfast was good and worth paying for to start off your day and the facilities were clean and efficient. However we didn't necessarily meet any other travellers and the place did lack a a sense of character and atmosphere which did mark it down. Overall though a very nice stay!

• England, Female, 31-40
21st Aug 2016
7.7

This hostel was pretty secure with electronic key cards for the dorm rooms although the lockers in the dorm didn't have working locks and they didn't have a padlock attachment so I couldn't use my own. You needed to get a bus and Metro to get into central Vienna, although this was pretty easy to do as the bus stop is just outside the hostel! The car parking was free at the hostel! The staff were really helpful whenever I had any questions. V quiet so maybe not best for lone/sociable backpackers!

18th Aug 2016
6.0

Pretty views, but SOO far out of town. Also, I had a huge problem with the cleanliness or lack there of. They don't clean the beds or the rooms really I between guests (I was in my room when the cleaning lady came in - she mopped the center floor walkway and that was it.) When I arrived I couldn't even tell which beds were open and which were taken because the ragged comforters and pillows were just strewn wherever he last guest left them. There were long hairs all over my mattress-DISGUSTING