Palafito Sur Reviews

Pedro Montt 465, Castro, Chiloe, Chile

One of our best hostel in south america. The building is so lovely and well located. The personnel is really kind, it was a pleasure to deal with them. The kitchen is small but wait your turn and it's ok.

very recommendable, comfy, cozy homing at palafito. we felt so good at your place. one little tip para mejoramiento: could you install some curtains to the windows - in summer its dark around 10pm, it was very light for us to take the kids to bed - there should be some to the outside windows and the hallway. muchos saludos, ojala pudieramos volver!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Very cute place and building right on the shore but that novelty is the best past. Staff weren't very helpful about buses, activities etc and had very little information or knowledge on hand at reception. Iit is more of a hotel vibe not a hostel, despite having dorms.

Its a really cozy hostel with excellent view on the ocean. The breakfast basic but nice and tasty. Super clean and has some board games available! The staff was great to us!

Really chilled hostel, not the best atmosphere, but clean and tidy, nice breakfast and really friendly staff.

The most friendly staff I have come across since Santiago! Great communal area with beautiful views. Small kitchen, storage for food and market closeby to get the yummiest ceviche for only 1500 pesos. Rooms facing kitchen could have curtains for more privacy as it was hard getting dressed as a female!

The place is beautifully renovated so that it's nice and modern on the inside, with the classic Palafito style remaining on the outsidde. The uncle of the owner (caretaker in the evenings/night) was absolutely wonderfully welcoming and helpful during our stay. I wish that we could have stayed longer and relaxed a little more with the beautiful view that we had off the back deck. Thank you!

I initially chose Palafito Sur knowing it would be away from the main town of Castro and right on the water. I wanted something away from the hustle and bustle and that's exactly what I got. What a gorgeous little Hostel! Definitely not a Party Hostel - and that's what makes it good! An amazing view right onto the water and an incredible little deck to enjoy it all topped it for me! It could have done with perhaps a few more couches to lounge about on and relax on - but a really great place!

Beautiful refurbished traditional Chilote house. I went in the off-season, so had the place almost to myself, but was told that in the busy season it can be difficult as you can hear anything and everything going on in the building due to the traditional materials used to build the place. Breakfast was good and staff were friendly and attentive. They have a boat you can use to tour the bay. Overall, a very positive experience!