Palafito Sur Reviews

Pedro Montt 465, Castro, Chiloe, Chile

Really chilled hostel, not the best atmosphere, but clean and tidy, nice breakfast and really friendly staff.

The most friendly staff I have come across since Santiago! Great communal area with beautiful views. Small kitchen, storage for food and market closeby to get the yummiest ceviche for only 1500 pesos. Rooms facing kitchen could have curtains for more privacy as it was hard getting dressed as a female!

The place is beautifully renovated so that it's nice and modern on the inside, with the classic Palafito style remaining on the outsidde. The uncle of the owner (caretaker in the evenings/night) was absolutely wonderfully welcoming and helpful during our stay. I wish that we could have stayed longer and relaxed a little more with the beautiful view that we had off the back deck. Thank you!

I initially chose Palafito Sur knowing it would be away from the main town of Castro and right on the water. I wanted something away from the hustle and bustle and that's exactly what I got. What a gorgeous little Hostel! Definitely not a Party Hostel - and that's what makes it good! An amazing view right onto the water and an incredible little deck to enjoy it all topped it for me! It could have done with perhaps a few more couches to lounge about on and relax on - but a really great place!

Beautiful refurbished traditional Chilote house. I went in the off-season, so had the place almost to myself, but was told that in the busy season it can be difficult as you can hear anything and everything going on in the building due to the traditional materials used to build the place. Breakfast was good and staff were friendly and attentive. They have a boat you can use to tour the bay. Overall, a very positive experience!