Palau Vittorio Emanuele 2 Reviews

Via Vittorio Emanuele, 8, Alghero, Sardinia, Italy

Clean and nice spacious rooms, excellent value for money and very central location. We stayed in the standard double with shared bathroom, would recommend the larger apartment rooms if staying for more than a couple of nights.

If You want a bed its ok..nothing more.. to expensive for such IKEA room.. location is ok:)

The lack of reception could be quite weird and confusing. As it is located on the fourth floor without any lift it could definitely be a problem for disabled people. Apart from that the room was nice and clean. Located just beside the park with the market as well as close to the old town and the harbour. Bathrooms were nice and clean as well.

it should be better if interned worked

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Staff service was very poor. Normally you would expect to have even a small welcome breafing, but there was none.

I was very disappointed by the fact that I booked a room in a building next to the bus station, but after arrival I was informed about a change. With no further explanations I was asked to follow the guy on a scooter for about 1km (I had to run with my luggage after him). Unlike in the description, there was no TV, no wifi, no terrace and the quality of the room was much lower than on photos. I came only for one day and because of the change of location, I missed my last bus to Neptune's Caves.

Not as advertised and the staff were very rude.

• 4th Sep 2013

Although it is supposed that we would have internet access with WIFI, but it did not work, and the personal even did not try to fix it when we told them the problem.

Great location, close to city center and to bus station (connection to the beach and to the airport). Clean and tidy.

• 21st Aug 2013
  • Croatia

Fine accomodation close to the sea and historical centre. A supermarket is just around the corner and the park aswell. The rooms and bathroom were clean. The value for the money is good, but for the price an including breakfast would be nice.

• 1st Aug 2013

Didn't get any information about the changed address so I had to walk through the whole town with my baggage and I didn't know that I had to call the hostel when I was at the address I thought was right since there is no reception or anything.

• 1st Aug 2013

buona posizione nella città di Alghero; mancano però indicazioni/segnaletica per rendere visibile la localizzazione dell'ostello.

• 30th Jul 2013

When I arrived at the hostel I had to wait almost an hour for the person to give me the keys to the room. This was uncomfortable and inconvenient in the heat. In addition to this, I had emailed the hostel to change my booking though I was still robbed of the 10% deposit I had paid for the initial booking on the hostelworld website. After the long wait just to gain access into the hostel I had neither the energy nor the patience to argue with staff to charge me the correct price for the room.

We were moved to another place called Palau Catalunya upon arrival. The guy who was acting as reception and making this change was soo shady!! It ruined our 1st day in Alghero. We kept asking him why we were being moved and he would just smile and laugh, like we were being annoying for asking. I'd suggest to the owner that they find someone else to do reception. Finally he told us Palau Vitt. Emanuele was full. They prob overbooked intentionally to ensure ppl stay at one of their properties.

I spent there one week, room was nice and clean, location perfect, we saw sea from window :) Definitely I recommend this hotel :)

everything perfect

• 30th Jun 2013
  • Spain

Very good location. Fantastic, clean room and friendly staff.

Nice B&B in a really great location. 1 minute away from the port, 5 min from the historical city center and 1 min to walk to the airport bus station. We had a big room with private bathroom, little kitchen and a balcony with views to the park "Giardini Giuseppe Manno". We had to call the hotel staff on arrival and they came with the apartment keys within 10 minutes.

We booked this hostel but got a room in a completely different one (Palau de Catalunya, http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Palau-de-Catalunya/Alghero/33153) which is significantly cheaper; unfortunately we only found out afterwards... It was hard to reach the staff as you HAVE TO call them, there is no real office and it was easier to ask neighbours for eg. the Wifi Pw. The room is ok for 20€ but not for 30€ pP, it only had one window to the backyard with lots of noisy ACs.

• 16th Jun 2013

The staff is friendly, there's no reception desk, they only bring you keys to you room which is inside the flat. They provide you with all information you need. This hostel is located in the very centre of Alghero,5 minutes walk from the historic centre, 10 minutes to the beach, very handy!The rooms are decent size as for hostel there's also safe in each room, kitchenette and our room had a balcony.The only problem was parking-there's few free parking spaces-usually taken,so you'll have to pay.

View all Alghero Bed and Breakfasts