Palio (Haad Rin) Hostel Reviews

149 Haadrin, Mu 6 Bantai Kohphangan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Perfect location and a nice atmosphere

Don't stay here if you mind sleeping in a room inside of a boxing ring room; having tissues covered in blood in toilet after a fight, or waking up at 8 with noise of people training in te ring. Water is cut during te night, and its not clean at all. Besides that, it has a great atmosphere during aftermoon party, free buckets for guests and paint; u can meet a lot of people.

Blood on friends bedsheet, when she asked for a new sheet was handed one to change it herself. Dust mites/bugs all over curtains and in corners of ceiling as well as ants in the sink. Tied into to paying for five nights but only stayed for two due to full moon, left as soon as we could.

• 11th Jul 2014

I consider myself an experienced traveller, but this was by far the worst accomodation I've ever stayed at. The water was green, there was blood on my sheets when I arrived, our room was in a boxing gym, with no security, even during the fight. After the fight, there was blood in the washrooms and things were a huge mess, it wasn't cleaned til the next day. Hands down, most unhygienic, disgusting place to stay.

• 11th Jul 2014

I'm sorry for coming here and we welcome responsible. And promised to prevent another incident like this. The water we ordered that night, a night we will buy another.Sheets that inform them But not blood stained Full moon reflective color in the last. Cleanliness in the morning, the maid is sick to arrive late. We had a meeting and resolved to improve things as best I can recommend coming here with our satisfaction guarantee and refund you in order to compensate for what you do not like it.

They don't take credit card. We we're put into a room beside the Muay Thai ring (without notice) and the toilet/shower was not clean.

Some of the best nights of my life. The atmosphere was incredible, the staff were hilarious, and the arena next door makes for a great evening. I would definitely recommend this hostel for full moon.

very cmfortable , nice people , nice cooking school , nice gym

We paid $50 dollars a night for a private 3 person room with A/C. This ended up being a tiny cement box with a tin roof and no windows. To charge such a high price for such conditions is absurd. The photos provided by the hostel are misleading. We were also promised a free bucket on the night of full moon, but the buckets actually cost money. The only positive is the nice woman at the front desk. This hostel is a ripoff with rooms worth barely $10 a night.

• 11th Jun 2014

Perfect place to stay in Koh phangan if you are there for the full moon party, literally a 2 minute walk to the beach, great social space to meet people in and also if you like to gym it, there is a well catered gym full of everything you need

• 13th Apr 2014

Amazing Staff which made our time on Koh Phangnan! The location is great.

• 12th Apr 2014

We had such a good time at Palio! The location was great and the staff amazing :)

• 12th Mar 2014