Palm Garden Lodge Reviews

La Pax Hotel Street (No.132, St. Tepvong), Next to Phsar Gné,Ta Poul Village, Svaydan kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I have travelled through Asia and Latin America with hostelworld, and I have never been so disappointed! We booked the free pick-up, but nobody showed up, and they refused to reimburse us. They claimed there was an issue with hostelworld though we had sent emails to the owner about it. Our room was not available the first night so we were shipped to another hotel and then came back This would not be that big an issue if they had bothered to clean our room at least once during the week !

Nice place to stay with friendly staffs. Good value for money.

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Belgium

Berakfast included, well located in a quiet street but close to the center, People speak good English and friendly.

The two girls who gave us breakfast each morning were the best part of the whole place. The front desk guy was totally unprofessional and could hardly speak English. The first night I stayed in a lesser quality room than booked and the next day he still tried to keep in that room because I wasn't their at 12:30 to switch rooms even though I had already paid for a different room. I final got a better room with no apologies but I felt like they were trying to pull something over me.

saw nice reviews but was dissapointed.HW lists them as accepting credit cards and I have a pic of a sign in their lobby that says"visa and mastercard accepted here,"but they told me they don't accept CCs and the sign means they can give you advice about ur Cambodian visa!What a stupid lie.One staff member speaks English alright but the rest don't.Late breakfast every day.Overpriced tour scam! Find your own driver! Also, habit of overbooking/guests getting wrong room. Good location though.

Palm Lodge was in the perfect base for sightseeing in and around Siem Reap. We found the staff very friendly and helpful! For example, they let us use the showers once we had checked out and hang around whilst we waited for our transport to leave. The bedroom was basic, no aircon, but had a fan and was clean. Overall a great stay!

• 27th Dec 2015

Everything was great, including the staffs... Must book TUK TUK with them. The TUK TUK driver provides the best service although he couldn't speak fluent English...

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Myanmar

The hostel is well located, the pub street is walkable distance and all hotels and eateries are nearby. the staff were good and very helpful. I indeed overstayed because I had to see more places. Mr Wung, the tuk tuk driver was very helpful and very calm going. Ms Nano who was in the reception counter was very kind, and helped me to see the places. it was worth for the amount paid by me.

Friendly staffs, cheap price, and great location. Great value for money!!

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Vietnam

We booked a double room 1 month in advance and got a dorm room instead. Staff made sure we were alone though. There was sand all over the floor, dirt on the walls, our sheets were covered in stains, there was no door handle on the bathroom, the sink wouldn't drain and the toilet was broken. I read all of the good reviews and was really hoping for better. I imagine if we had the correct room and not this one, it would have been better. Felt like a storage/last resort room. Staff were lovely.

nice place to stay, quiet, clean, shower a bit of a trickle, but spacious room, if you booked single. Breakfast made to order.

I actually haven't been staying at Palm garden lodge, but in Advisor Angkor Villa. Booked Palm Lodge but apparently they were full when I arrived and they put me to other place. It is a very basic room, suitable for everyone that search for cheap and basic accommodation. Breakfast was nice, staff could know some more things around, but ok.

Absolutely love this place - little haven away from the hustle and bustle but a really short walk to the main streets, including pub street. Room gets quite hot despite windows but otherwise can't complain. Staff all friendly and extremely helpful!

Nice, cheap place. Location with a few minutes walking distance to Pub Street and the "City Centre". Clean, with breakfast and en-suite facilities. We enjoyed it as place to crash in between temple-visiting. Room was clean and bathroom with western standard toilet which was nice.

Such a good hostel! Free pick up on arrive day, staffs is friendly, free breakfast and coffee/tea all day. Quiet and private hostel is at a nice place, near Pub street and Old market, it is just take 15 minutes by walking. I will come back the hostel next time

8$ is a pretty cheap price for a private fan room with its own bathroom, free breakfast and free flowing tea and coffee although I have learned that there are other cheaper places. The location is just 10 minutes away from pub street and night market while situated in a quiet location which is a plus. It's very basic with good WiFi so I have no complaints. If you want better accommodation, it might be best to find another place. The staff is very kind and they can arrange what you need.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

I couldn't have been happier with this guesthouse. I doubt you could find better value for money - I took a single fan room, and for $7 per night I got a large ensuite room with a double bed, free breakfast, coffee and tea all day, and airport pick-up. The staff were really friendly, helpful, lovely people, and the place itself is relaxed, in easy striking distance of the busy market area but away from the worst of the noise and crowds. I also recommend 'My Little Cafe' just down the road!

Such a hidden gem! I've already recommended several other travelers from Phnom Pehn to this place. The staff is so friendly. Free pickup from the bus station/airport when you arrive. Free coffee and tea all day. Eggs and toast for breakfast. My only complaint, A mozzie (or two) got in my room and I woke up with at least 100 bites. With Dengue fever on the rise in the area a mozzie net in each room would be helpful! If I ever pass through Siem Reap again, I will absolutely be staying here.

• 13th Oct 2015

I stayed at this lodge for 4 nights and it’s awesome experience especially with the helpful service rendered to us by the staff. Rooms were nice and clean. It was in a good location near to Central Market, Night Market and also Pub Street. Thanks for the great experience and service.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Singapore

I highly recommend this lodge, if you would like to experience fully Cambodia without spending much. Low price, clean room, convenient stay, great location, nice garden around restaurant, friendly staffs, great and excellent service. Free Wifi, pickup, welcome drink, breakfast and post card delivery. Hospitable away from home.

• 20th Sep 2015