Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

The New palm Hostel is in a very good location in front of the Damascus gate, ideal for tourism, near bus, taxis, and many shops. The athmosphere is very nice, tea and coffe are free and it's always possible to speak with people from everywhere in the world. Security cameras are present but in fact not necessary, everybody was cool. The hostel is in 2 parts, one for individual room, and the other for collective room, both are ok with a very very good price. Ideal for travellers. I will come back

• 11th Nov 2014

Its a great place. Very well located, just in from of the Damascus Gate! And near to the terminal of buses to the border, and the guy in charge is very very nice, he helped me with all the staff. I wished I'd really had more time to spend.

Thy upgraded my room for me at no charge which was very nice. I think if they have a goal of more western travelers the cleanliness of the place would need to increase. Overall location is the best attribute and the worker Angela is very kind and helpful. I was glad I stayed.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is our second time staying here. The location is the best! It's right across the Damascus Gate and Tram stop only 5 stops away from downtown. They have breakfast every morning and the staff is very friendly. It has been renovated since I was there in May 2012 and It's looking good :). They will also do tour arrangements for you. If you don't need anything fancy and want a room to sleep after exploring all day, this is the hotel for you :). I will stay there again!

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Peru

Excellent value, service and TOP location. The big balcony outside is great for visual entertainment. We decided to stay in one of the private rooms. When it turned out the aircon didn't work properly we were very kindly shown another room. We saw this hostel earlier had some negative reviews, no idea what those people were expecting. Or maybe things have changed, because it was great to stay at Palm Hostel.

• 30th Oct 2014

We've had a great stay at Palm Hostel. It's a very large place, but they still manage to give it a nice and personal vibe. There's a chillout area near the dorms and another area with a big balcony near the private rooms. There's a buffet in the morning. The staff is very helpful. When we left for the airport really early they very kindly gave us a bag with breakfast to take. Jerusalem is quite costly to stay at, and Palm Hostel is the best value we've come accross. Highly recommended!

• 30th Oct 2014

the staff is very friendly and helped me with all my questions.

Do not expect too much: it is a good place to stay to explore Jerusalem's old city for a small budget.

The owner/ manager let us stay in a double bedroom with a private shower with no extra charge! The staff was pretty flexible and available for us. The place is being renovated, so wait & see the final result! The location has a lot to offer (Old Jerusalem across the street, tramway a few blocks away).

I'm not sure what people are expecting from such cheap prices & in such a central location, but this is a hostel NOT a hotel. I have travelled extensively & this hostel is basic, but provides what you need for a couple of days. I have stayed in some real cack-holes around the world & this place was absolutely fine. A bed, with clean bedding (I always travel with a lightweight sleeping bag liner anyway), OK it's not bleached & ironed, but come on, this is a budget hostel! I had a fan in the room,

The location is the best thing about this place. I have found most hostels in Israel to be overpriced compared to other areas of the world. This was no different. The owner actually charged me more $ even as he complained that the hostel was empty because of the recent escalation in violence between the IDF and Hamas. The rooms are tiny, and dirty. The atmosphere is pretty depressing.

• 8th Jul 2014

hi , the room that you booked is a single room ( shared bathroom ) , we gave you a single room with private bathroom and shower and have air condition , you had a nice and clean room , i really dont know why you said that .