Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

Very good vibe

I love it here, I feel so at home and I'm treated like family! Such a great price, couldn't complain at all. Everything you could want is there and everyone is so helpful.

I made Palm Hostel my base for while I was in Israel, and made several trips to surrounding cities. I am so glad I did because Palm Hostel was an excellent place to return to and stay in Jerusalem... They even held our luggage while we went were away... The location is spectacular... Right by the Damascus Gate to the Old City!

The location couldn't be any better. The breakfast was different than an usual hostel which was good. Alex was really helpful to all the guests (from what I saw). Everything was perfect!

I’ve been to many hostels around the world and this one really felt like home. It’s comfortable and I was really grateful to leave my heavy luggage while traveling to other cities for an entire week.The staff is awesome and I made great friends there. It’s in the best location in Jerusalem and accessible to all of the main attractions, in addition to being right next to the tram. You can’t beat the price! I was really happy to make the hostel home base while exploring the country. Great hostel!

thank you for the great time. Took me half an hour to write a worthy review, but it was definitely worth it ;)

• 16th Aug 2015

DO NOT stay in the dorms if you want a good night's sleep!! There is only one desk lamp mounted on the wall that is not sufficient to cool ANYTHING! The room was stifling! We asked for another fan but apparently there weren't any. I feel they do this to push you to upgrade to another room. They also have a hotel attached to the hostel so I think they say they have the facilities they do but really it's only if you're opting for the former choice. Internet was intermittent in the rooms.

This hostel did not meet my expectations at all. The hostel seemed very dingy and dirty and I definitely would not be staying here again on a future trip. The area was not a place I felt comfortable walking alone at night and it was frustrating because I wanted to go out and explore. The showers were pretty gross and water pressure almost nothing. The only good thing about this hostel was the nice people running it, but I still wouldn't recommend it to anybody ever.

I was very surprised when I got there. The room that was advertised on the internet, looked very different from what I got. The picture on web was lovely, with headlamps, and separate bathroom. It really looked nice, but what I got , very small, double bed just fitted in space, and I had a bedroom. And that was not what I paid for. The fact that it was so clean made me just got on with it. As it was only for one night. But the location for the Old City was excellent. I will stay there again, .

• 11th Aug 2015

Very friendly stuff, nice atmosphere, clean rooms. It is very close to the Old city and the City train. There is a terrace outside. Rooms are renovated. At the same time, it is good value for money

• 10th Aug 2015

close to damascus gate, which is convinient when travelling to or from Palestine. Walking distance to old and new town. Booked 3 beds in a female dorm. host tried to convince us to upgrade to a nicer room in the hotel. We then found out that he didn't have any female only dorms. Got a private room for same price, but comunication was bad, and we needed to leave the room every morning, just to get the same room again when returning in the evening. Atmosfere not nice, not a place to hang out.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Very relaxed atmosphere, especially on a terrace. Close to Damascus gate, bus station etc. I can recommend it.

Nice place right beside old town. Breakfast is very decent.

I had a great time at Palm Hostel! It has a great location right next to the old city. It was easy to meet others travellers as the hostel has quite a few common areas. The breakfast was great as well and well worth 10 shekels.

Pros: the location is perfect, especially if you're in Jerusalem on Shabbat as it's in East Jerusalem and there's lots open. The staff are very helpful and always up for a chat. They upgraded me for no cost when I got sick so I could have a private room. The price is very cheap so don't expect Abraham hostel. The beds are a fine too, nothing flash but you'll sleep. The cons, the dorms don't have aircon and it's pretty warm and it's very basic but good for 2 nights, pay more for private

If you are polite and friendly, Alex is very hospitable. The location is ideal for exploring Jerusalem. There are no locks on the doors, there are always staff around minding reception or in the common areas.

The staff is so friendly and so helpful. The hostel is really well located. Near to the bus station. In front of Damascus Gate. Restaurant and vegetables shop just down the hostel. Big terrace and really nice atmosphere. I definitely recommend it !

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel is right across the street from Damascus gate which makes exploring most of the main tourist sights in Jerusalem very easy. The hostel itself was extremely clean and the staff were friendly and informative. They even arrange great value trips to the dead sea and massada. During our stay the hostel was quite full which made meeting other travellers ultra easy. We had so much fun we ended up extending for an extra 3 nights! We would definitely stay here again if we ever return.

Thanks for the feed back, much appreciated, and we're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon in Jerusalem

Staff was really kind to us. They upgraded us to a nicer private room free of charge. Regarding cost, you have to keep in mind that just about all hostels in Israel are over priced. Having that said, the value here i'd say is average. Hostel was located in a weird spot, but for a night it's not bad.

I had a very nice time at Palm hostel. The staff were very nice and respectful. It is a comfortable hostel that provides everything a traveller needs. It is situated just next to the Damas gate of the old city and next to the tram to go to the new city. It can be a bit noisy at night given that the rooms are just next to the street but I would still advice this hostel to any traveller. I had four lovely days in Jerusalem and in this hostel where i met very nice and interesting people.

• 25th Jul 2015