Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

I very much enjoyed the location - set directly next to the Damascus Gate - and the view from the dorm to the city wall. Fantastic! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms were not the best I've ever seen, but okay. (Some hangers for towels would be great!!) The public areas are nice, clean and inviting. And another plus: A fruit-shop is basically IN the entrance of the hostel! :)

No lockers in bedroom. No locks on room door. No shower stall. Good location.

• 5th Apr 2015

Everyone in the hostel is very friendly and considerate. The beds are comfortable and clean, the location is absolutely perfect in the Old City of Jerusalem and the Damascus Gate right across the street from the hostel. Little shops of everything fresh imaginable all around. The view from the terrace is amazing and there is plenty of room where we had a chance to sit with newly met hostel residents, exchanging food, info and experiences. Alex was amazing and very helpful all the way to the end.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Great location!, just 5 min walking from old town. I didnt like the bathroom, because its very small and after the shower its was like a swimming pool.

Having stayed there before, I knew what to expect. But it might be kind to warn new guests in advance that even in a private room you don't get a towel, bed sheets, clean pillows or a sink plug. I had a warm welcome back from Alex, but not all the staff were so friendly. The biggest advantage of the Palm is its location, with easy access to the Old City and quite close to a tram stop.

• 30th Mar 2015

I love this place.. Great location, rooms and staff! Its very affordable. The best thing is the breakfast - truly great!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel and staff were fine, but we were disappointed by the cleanliness of the bathrooms. After someone uses the shower and you go to the bathroom, the floor is still wet and dirty. The staff was very friendly and helpful and helped us arrange a day tour to Masada and the Dead Sea.

Nice atmosphere, excellent localization, within 100m distance one can find everything from fresh fruits and vegetables to the Old City and buses to Palestine.

The only plus sides are location and price. The key minuses are: poor facilities especially quality of toilets, lack of proper bed sheets only old blankets were provided, lack of information such as maps or free tours (I recommend finding those in advance), the hostel is very old and no work is done to maintain the "ok" quality for example pillow in the window instead of missing small window. It does not have a hostel atmosphere just a cheap place to sleep.

The location is its obvious highlight, being right outside Damascus Gate. The staff are friendly and didn't even try and sell me a tour which was a nice change from what I'd experienced coming from Egypt. The dorms are comfortable enough and the free filtered water is a great bonus. The kitchen is a little basic and not the best for cooking a meal but adequate enough. Be careful using the 'ATM' downstairs, their exchange rates are terrible!

Room had no window and shower was just an extension of the toilet. Bed sheets have not been changed for ages. Would not recommend this place.

Palm hostel is secure with friendly helpful staff, adequate and free wifi, free tea and coffee and located within a hundred metres of Damascus Gate. Lots of cafes and shops on the doorstep and buses to every where across the road at the depot.

I loved the included breakfast and free coffee tea to pick me up in the afternoons. A cramped single but the location makes it worth it.

Very basic room, pleasent common area and very good breakfast included. Right next to Damascus Gate which makes trips to old town easy but also mornings loud. Wifi didn't reach my room, but worked fine in common area.

Amazing hostel ! We are 4 French students and we stayed 2 nights in this hostel, we really liked it. The location is amazing, 2minutes walking from the Old Jerusalem. The staff is excellent. The breakfast was not included, but the owner offered us the breakfast on the second morning, really nice! We stayed in the 6 beds dorm, quite big. However, we only had a blanket without sheets. The price is quite cheap. Excellent wifi. We definitely recommend this place!

A cheap spot in a good location. The breakfast could be added and was great, but the room was dark, the beds old and the blankets thin and old. The bathroom was a joke.

Really good breakfast of fresh pita and mezze!

As a budget hostel this was good. The staff were excellent, the location superb and the Wi-Fi worked well. I liked the breakfasts. The only negative was the toilet which I had to clean myself every day for five days.

It was OK, I didn't really like the showers. they were slightly goppin'.

A nice and central hostel in Jerusalem. It was clean and nice. However, the bathrooms were old and in need of restoration - is a toilet seat too much to ask for? And the kitchen was not very well equipped. It's a nice place if all you need is I be close to everything and a bed to sleep in.

• 8th Mar 2015