Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

I cannot recommend this place at all. The bathrooms and toilets weren't clean, one toilet was not working at all (there was a cistern, no clue what happened to the rest), the couches in the kitchen area are old,do not invite to sit down. Kitchen has probably never been cleaned since hostel exists. Wifi wasn't working in the rooms. Only good thing to say is that beds/sheets were clean. I don't know why this HOSTEL has so many good reviews, maybe they concern the HOTEL they seem to run.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. My stay there was not good at all. They advertise airconditioning but there is non. The bathrooms suck. No water pressure and toilets barely flush. Staff were very unhelpful don't ask questions because they don't know the answer and won't bother to get one they'll just say down the street. Beds are way to short. slept with my feet on the rails all night. It's loud outside all night street honking and yelling the entire night by locals. STAY FAR AWAY!!!

the staff got almost throw me out only because I was double checking the price with my booking confirmation which I had it on my mobile. I was only making sure how much it should be in Shekels because I booked in US Dollars. and he even called me animals because I didn't pay the money straight away after he told me in Shekels....again, I was ONLY taking 5 more seconds to double check the price from US$ to Shekels.

The position is fabulous, cleaness is not a priority, chicken is rubbish but the personal is trustworthy, if you are looking something cheap this is the right place

• 18th Sep 2015

The hostel is very close to Damascus gate, which makes it very simple to access the old town. Situated in East Jerusalem, it gives you a good idea of what the Palestinian side of the city. The hostel itself is very simple but the staff is adorable and willing to talk to you at all times. I spent three days there and it was a good experence.

• 15th Sep 2015

Staff were really helpful, the location is good- note that this is on the Arab side of the city, so quite a different feel than the Jewish side, not bad, just different. Clean rooms with excellent air conditioning :)

This was my second stay in this hostel, and surely not the last! The staff is very friendly and helpful, the location is perfect and the area is both secure yet buzzling. Book now!!!

We truly enjoyed our stay at the New Palm Hotel in Jerusalem. The staff was absolutely wonderful and went out of of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. The tour guide Abed was outstanding. We hope to return one day in the near future!

ATTENTION: Downstairs from the Palm Hostel is an "ATM & Money-Exchange" located, which is cheating with the money they hand you out. The Hostel operates together with that place, even if they reject that. In my case they withdrawed the money from my german Creditcard in US-Dollar, so i didn't know which is the actual course in Schekel when i arrived there at my first day in Jerusalem. In the end for me where missing 150 Schekel and for another 2 guests in the Hostel 400 and 500 Schekel!!!!

No complaints whatsoever. The diners were extremely helpful And friendly, a nice common room to meet people, great location right outside the Damascus gate. Awesome experience.

Very good vibe

I have never had a hostel try to overcharge me before. Also, it is typically the norm to notify people if you are going to add a % for using a card. I would have been okay with the % if I would have known. I can't say there was a time that I have been more ticked off then when I confronted the staff about over charging me and they get mad at me for "Them stealing". Lastly, out of all the traveling I have done, I have never had someone be so strict about changes to my stay date.

The location is just perfect, right outside the Damascus Gate, old city site. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is actually good! It usually isn't at most places, you do have to pay for it though, we had a private room with AC and very affordable, would definitely stay here again !

I love it here, I feel so at home and I'm treated like family! Such a great price, couldn't complain at all. Everything you could want is there and everyone is so helpful.

I made Palm Hostel my base for while I was in Israel, and made several trips to surrounding cities. I am so glad I did because Palm Hostel was an excellent place to return to and stay in Jerusalem... They even held our luggage while we went were away... The location is spectacular... Right by the Damascus Gate to the Old City!

The location couldn't be any better. The breakfast was different than an usual hostel which was good. Alex was really helpful to all the guests (from what I saw). Everything was perfect!

I’ve been to many hostels around the world and this one really felt like home. It’s comfortable and I was really grateful to leave my heavy luggage while traveling to other cities for an entire week.The staff is awesome and I made great friends there. It’s in the best location in Jerusalem and accessible to all of the main attractions, in addition to being right next to the tram. You can’t beat the price! I was really happy to make the hostel home base while exploring the country. Great hostel!

thank you for the great time. Took me half an hour to write a worthy review, but it was definitely worth it ;)

• 16th Aug 2015

DO NOT stay in the dorms if you want a good night's sleep!! There is only one desk lamp mounted on the wall that is not sufficient to cool ANYTHING! The room was stifling! We asked for another fan but apparently there weren't any. I feel they do this to push you to upgrade to another room. They also have a hotel attached to the hostel so I think they say they have the facilities they do but really it's only if you're opting for the former choice. Internet was intermittent in the rooms.

This hostel did not meet my expectations at all. The hostel seemed very dingy and dirty and I definitely would not be staying here again on a future trip. The area was not a place I felt comfortable walking alone at night and it was frustrating because I wanted to go out and explore. The showers were pretty gross and water pressure almost nothing. The only good thing about this hostel was the nice people running it, but I still wouldn't recommend it to anybody ever.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5