Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

I had a great time at Palm Hostel! It has a great location right next to the old city. It was easy to meet others travellers as the hostel has quite a few common areas. The breakfast was great as well and well worth 10 shekels.

Pros: the location is perfect, especially if you're in Jerusalem on Shabbat as it's in East Jerusalem and there's lots open. The staff are very helpful and always up for a chat. They upgraded me for no cost when I got sick so I could have a private room. The price is very cheap so don't expect Abraham hostel. The beds are a fine too, nothing flash but you'll sleep. The cons, the dorms don't have aircon and it's pretty warm and it's very basic but good for 2 nights, pay more for private

The staff is so friendly and so helpful. The hostel is really well located. Near to the bus station. In front of Damascus Gate. Restaurant and vegetables shop just down the hostel. Big terrace and really nice atmosphere. I definitely recommend it !

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel is right across the street from Damascus gate which makes exploring most of the main tourist sights in Jerusalem very easy. The hostel itself was extremely clean and the staff were friendly and informative. They even arrange great value trips to the dead sea and massada. During our stay the hostel was quite full which made meeting other travellers ultra easy. We had so much fun we ended up extending for an extra 3 nights! We would definitely stay here again if we ever return.

I didn't like the fact that there were no locks on the doors or lockers to place my things. The staff doesn't seem to understand security because anyone can come in or out of the hostel and the people at the front desk would never know if you were a guest or not. I personally thought some of the staff and other guests were a bit odd, and didn't feel safe or comfortable here. I also thought the bathrooms could have been cleaner. Was great value for the price tho.

Best feature of this hostel is the location. it is right outside the Damascus gate which makes it very easy to access the old city. I found it to have a great social atmosphere, especially for a solo traveller. Cons: the room I stayed in had no air conditioning which made it very warm at times. The beds are not the most comfortable (thin foam mattress and weird bunk beds). Bathrooms are borderline adequate. I had a good stay otherwise, met lots of new people and staff were very helpful.

I love this place so much cuz the location is perfect. Just 5 mins walk to the old city and no distance to the traditional market nearby. And the staffs there are so kind that I learned lots of Jerusalem stories from them. You can also do your own dishes there. The kitchen is nice and convenient.

A truly amazing place! The staff is unbelievably kind and hospitable, the facilities are excellent for the price, and the location could not be better (just across the street from the Damascus Gate of the Old City). The staff also set us up with great and very well-priced day trips, and even gave us better rooms than what we had reserved. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone visiting Jerusalem.

• 16th Jul 2015

The description of this hostel is completely incorrect. There is no free breakfast, no A/C, the rooms don't have locks or keys (staff can enter the room at any point during the night.day), there was no area to lock up valuables, no soap in bathrooms, bunk beds without railings, etc. Furthermore, both beds we booked had stains on them. When we told the management about the unclean sheets upon our arrival, their response was to blame us. Didn't sleep at all that night. Don't book here!

Stayed two days there, location couldn't be better, direct next to the old city and the public transportation hub. Room was clean, coffee and tea free all day, meany restaurants on the street - would go there again.

Pros: -Good location being right by Damascus gate. -Met some nice fellow travelers of all ages. -Cheap. Cons: -The staff were rather rude, especially the cleaner when it came to mopping the floor as she would get angry at guests if they needed to pass through. -The majority of the toilets did not have soap in them which was rather irritating and frankly unsanitary. -Poor security as they did not provide keys for shared rooms and because of that valuable were left vulnerable.

• 25th Jun 2015

Very welcoming and helpful. Comfortable bed. Easy to find and handy to buses and train. Great breakfast tasty and sustaining. Kind when I forgot to return the key. Would happily stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2015

Great stay! Very friendly people, perfect locality and very nice rooms, working shower, great communityfeeling. Everything was working great only the internet was a small bit patchy, otherwise I´d be very happy to come back and surely will one day. Everything was very clean and well kept. Just the breakfast is a little difficult for people who are allergic to milk and eggs, otherwise it also was good. In short I had a great stay and am really sorry that I have to go.

• 20th Jun 2015

I loved staying at Palm Hostel! Everything was incredible. They not only upgraded our room but they gave us another upgraded room for the girls. They helped us find the best deal for a tour to the Dead Sea and Masada. They even invited us to celebrate Ramadan with them, best food I have ever had. There is an ATM in the same building, it is literally 2 minutes away from Damascus Gate, the best schwarma place is next door, the bus depot is a two minute walk away, and the Garden Tomb is 5 min away.

• 19th Jun 2015

We absolutely loved our stay at the hostel. The location and facilities were great and well taken care of and the owner was extremely hospitable! Everyone was very welcoming and helpful, it was a great environment. Also, the food was wonderful. When I return I will for sure come here again!

• 19th Jun 2015

Very nice hostel located 1 minute walk from the old city which is super convenient. The hostel is very nice with a cool decoration and the rooms have enough space. Staff is great and very helpful. Fore sure I'll come back !!

My wife and I had a very comfortable stay and the staff was very accommodating when I asked for a different room. It was quiet, comfortable temperature, and they had a great breakfast. Thank you!

superb location right next to damascus gate. perfect for exploring old city of jerusalem . the price of the hostel is amazing value considering its location. nice friendly staff stay here !

Amazing location 100ft away from Damascus Gate, easy to meet new travelers, relatively clean bathrooms, Wi-Fi works decent most of the time, very kind and helpful staff, they offered me free breakfast, lively and cheap neighborhood, I mean what else to say?? This hostel is the most ideal hostel for its price I think.

Terrible hostel! Really dirty, everything seemed to be broken, such as a bathroom with no toilet and shower rooms without a light. Kitchen was disgusting, looked like it hadnt been cleaned in months. Bad atmoshphe, nowhere decent to sit, only the sofas in the hall which were occupied by the staff sleeping there all the time. Staff were rude and extremely unhelpful!! They just walk into the room randomly in the middle of the night. No lockers and doors dont lock either.

The management of the Palm Hostel fully rejects this review simply because it does not make any sense.How could the Palm Hostel function & get so many positive reviews if what they wrote were true? We do not have any broken items or a bathroom without toilet and shower. We clean the place every day & we have a kitchen & a lounge for customers to sit. Our staff are not allowed to sleep on sofas or enter the rooms randomly day or night. Doors of shared rooms can be closed but can not be locked.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5