X

Home to the world's greatest Hostels

30,000 properties, 180 countries Over 3.5 million guest reviews 21 million bookings

Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

Reviews & Ratings Explained

68%

Rating
262 Total Reviews
  • 61%Value For Money
  • 67%Security
  • 87%Location
  • 70%Staff
  • 67%Atmosphere
  • 60%Cleanliness
  • 61%Facilities

The rating percentage is calculated from customers who booked within the last 12 months.

All ratings and reviews are based on the feedback and opinions of the customers who submitted them and do not express the opinions of Hostelworld.com. This way, you get an up-to-the-minute opinion of just how good a hostel really is.
Read our review guidelines »

  • Show:

71%

the staff is very friendly and helped me with all my questions.


63%

Do not expect too much: it is a good place to stay to explore Jerusalem's old city for a small budget.


86%

The owner/ manager let us stay in a double bedroom with a private shower with no extra charge! The staff was pretty flexible and available for us. The place is being renovated, so wait & see the final result! The location has a lot to offer (Old Jerusalem across the street, tramway a few blocks away).


77%

I'm not sure what people are expecting from such cheap prices & in such a central location, but this is a hostel NOT a hotel. I have travelled extensively & this hostel is basic, but provides what you need for a couple of days. I have stayed in some real cack-holes around the world & this place was absolutely fine. A bed, with clean bedding (I always travel with a lightweight sleeping bag liner anyway), OK it's not bleached & ironed, but come on, this is a budget hostel! I had a fan in the room,


46%

The location is the best thing about this place. I have found most hostels in Israel to be overpriced compared to other areas of the world. This was no different. The owner actually charged me more $ even as he complained that the hostel was empty because of the recent escalation in violence between the IDF and Hamas. The rooms are tiny, and dirty. The atmosphere is pretty depressing.

  • 8th Jul 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • USA
  • Male, 25-30
  • (1 review)

Owner Comment (Hide)
hi , the room that you booked is a single room ( shared bathroom ) , we gave you a single room with private bathroom and shower and have air condition , you had a nice and clean room , i really dont know why you said that .

74%

The location is absolutely excellent!

  • 19th Jun 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • Canada
  • Female, 41+
  • (1 review)


23%

שירות נוראי. ביקשנו לראות חדר על מנת להחליט אם לקחת חדר בהוסטל זה, הפקיד קבלה התנהג בצורה ברברית לחלוטין, היה אגרסיבי ואימפולסיבי, לא הסכים בשום פנים ואופן להראות לנו את החדר, אלא רק שניקח ונשלם ורק אחכ נראה את החדר. לאחר ויכוח לא נעים, לא נותרה לו ברירה וכן הוסכם שנראה את החדר, החדר כמובן נוראי ולא יאה לשינה, אז ביקשנו לשדרג לסוג החדר היקר יותר. גם הוא היה לא נעים ולבסוף על אף ששילמנו מלוא הכסף על החדר היקר, החלטנו לעזוב ולישון במקום אחר. האוירה של המקום לא נעימה. לא נחזור לעולם


66%

Air conditioner was good. No assist with bags, 4th floor, no offer of assist. Breakfast was quite enjoyable. No refrigerator in room. I would stay again.

  • 27th May 2014
  • Novice Nomad
  • Anonymous
  • USA
  • Couple, 41+
  • (1 review)




View all Jerusalem Hostels

Please give us your feedback