Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

the palm hostel is very good place to sleep in and to spend several nights in Jerusalem and this is mainly because it's totally a sociable place to meet people from all over the world the priece is totally cheap and affordable, they have very good breakfast and it's totally delicious, and it's located near the Damascus, the Old City and the other tourists attractions in Jerusalem that every tourist and pilgrims shall visit and see as well as is located near the Tower David Museum

Shower and toilet was not clean and the bed as well. Too cold in the building at the end of January.

Nice hostel in an excellent location right outside the Damascus gate and within walking distance of Jaffa street. Staff was very friendly and welcoming, but facilities were slightly below average. Overall I would recommend staying here.

Good Place. Good People.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Belarus

some major sewage problems at the hostel which made the whole place smell awful. The beds were falling apart and the security of the hostel felt very lax. Anyone could have walked in and there were no keys for the rooms

• 10th Jan 2016

The staff were friendly, the location was great, the price was good. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were warm. The whole time we were there, the hostel smelled like sewage--it was very bad in the hallways. And the bathrooms/showers and the kitchen area were dirty.

• 9th Jan 2016

Near Old City and busses, very convenient. Friendly and helpful staff, decent and clean interior. Shoarma/falafel nearby for latenight cravings. However, the old metal window in our private room could not close! Being the front of the hostel meant loud noises from the main road and bus station, early morning and much of the night, felt like sleeping on the street. One night a storm which blew it wide-open continuously, which in winter meant freezing air flowing in. Small heater inside though.

Love the heater in the room. Such a thoughtful idea. Great location and the kitchen is very handy. The girl there works really hard and there is one guy who is very kind. The other guy, shorter, is very loud and rude and ruins the atmosphere. He complains about guests yet sits there burping, playing loud computer games, and eating bowls of onions... and if you ask questions he answers them but very rudely-- makes people want to avoid him.

I think that the Palm Hostel is a nice place, quiet place, more security I feel that here I can find more friends from Europe, and I also feel comfortable when I sleep in this hostel the beds are very comfortable with blankets I can also take anytime a hot shower, and the hostel is always clean the breakfast is always delicious the Palm Hostel is near the light train of Jerusalem and it's close to the Old City and the Hebrew University-Mount Scopus

Location, staff, facilities, and cleanliness were all ok for the price. About a 15 minute walk (uphill) to the old city gates, and the city centre. We stayed for one night and moved to a different place the next night. No complaints but nothing remarkable either.

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. In room lockable cabinets would be very helpful.

Great location and helpfull staff.

Overall a nice stay! They have tours they do from the hostel which is cheaper than most private tours and is with about 8 people as opposed to 30 on a normal tour. The owner was awesome, friendly and helpful. Very close to all the historical/ religious sights in the old city. Beds are comfy and breakfast was always good! Only complaint is that the bathrooms were not always well kept and sometimes smelt bad. Besides that it was a nice hostel that I would recommend.

My thoughts and impressions were that the Palm Hostel is the best hostel in Jerusalem I was also in other Hostels in Jerusalem before, but the Palm Hostel is the cheapest one and has the best price for every foreigner, student, tourist and pilgrims the Palm Hostel has a welcoming atmosphere, they offer breakfast every morning, free hot and cold water, free tea and coffee the Rooms are totally Ok , clean, nice and very comfortable

Great location and very friendly staff.

Great staff & great location. Will definitely stay there again upon a return trip to Jerusalem. Have already recommended it to fellow travelers :)

good value for money and great location.

I think that the Palm Hostel is one of the best hostels in Jerusalem I spent here many nights and I found a good atmosphere I found here many new friends and foreigners it's a Romantic place where can I meet European women the Breakfast of this hostel is very delicious, nice and clean the Hostel is also clean

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I was only in Jerusalem for three nights and it felt like an entire week. The staff members were able to provide extensive information on the area, enabling me to get the most out of my short stay. If ever I find myself back in Jerusalem, I will definitely head back to Palm Hostel :)

• 8th Dec 2015

We actually had a nice stay at the hostel, we booked a dorm for two people but then they let us upgrade to private room adding a little more money. (including breakfast) We also booked tours from them. Instead of joining big buses with many people with a cheaper price, we took private tours with them. 1. The dead sea tour and 2. the sea of Galilee tour (each tour 350 shekel with 3 people in a private car) We had a lot of fun and would recommend to our friends. The location is great!

« first « Prev 1 2 3