Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

Very welcoming and helpful. Comfortable bed. Easy to find and handy to buses and train. Great breakfast tasty and sustaining. Kind when I forgot to return the key. Would happily stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2015

Great stay! Very friendly people, perfect locality and very nice rooms, working shower, great communityfeeling. Everything was working great only the internet was a small bit patchy, otherwise I´d be very happy to come back and surely will one day. Everything was very clean and well kept. Just the breakfast is a little difficult for people who are allergic to milk and eggs, otherwise it also was good. In short I had a great stay and am really sorry that I have to go.

• 20th Jun 2015

We absolutely loved our stay at the hostel. The location and facilities were great and well taken care of and the owner was extremely hospitable! Everyone was very welcoming and helpful, it was a great environment. Also, the food was wonderful. When I return I will for sure come here again!

• 19th Jun 2015

My wife and I had a very comfortable stay and the staff was very accommodating when I asked for a different room. It was quiet, comfortable temperature, and they had a great breakfast. Thank you!

superb location right next to damascus gate. perfect for exploring old city of jerusalem . the price of the hostel is amazing value considering its location. nice friendly staff stay here !

Amazing location 100ft away from Damascus Gate, easy to meet new travelers, relatively clean bathrooms, Wi-Fi works decent most of the time, very kind and helpful staff, they offered me free breakfast, lively and cheap neighborhood, I mean what else to say?? This hostel is the most ideal hostel for its price I think.

Terrible hostel! Really dirty, everything seemed to be broken, such as a bathroom with no toilet and shower rooms without a light. Kitchen was disgusting, looked like it hadnt been cleaned in months. Bad atmoshphe, nowhere decent to sit, only the sofas in the hall which were occupied by the staff sleeping there all the time. Staff were rude and extremely unhelpful!! They just walk into the room randomly in the middle of the night. No lockers and doors dont lock either.

The management of the Palm Hostel fully rejects this review simply because it does not make any sense.How could the Palm Hostel function & get so many positive reviews if what they wrote were true? We do not have any broken items or a bathroom without toilet and shower. We clean the place every day & we have a kitchen & a lounge for customers to sit. Our staff are not allowed to sleep on sofas or enter the rooms randomly day or night. Doors of shared rooms can be closed but can not be locked.

the palm hostel is a great place to stay, the location is perfect just a few meters from Damascus gate and the old city, the staff are so helpful and approachable and can be relied upon to answer any of your queries. the rooms are great and toilet facilities are perfect. the atmosphere is what it should be full of many people from different backgrounds enjoying Jerusalem. the hostel is very clean and there are great areas to hang out, the hostel also has perfect balconies to people watch

• 11th Jun 2015

Across the street is Old City, why choose any others! The staff always met my needs, including finding my lost passport. They are a one stop solution to your Israel travel needs. I booked tours through them at reasonable rates. In 3 days, I took in all the sites that I wanted to visit on my own with a rental car which would have taken 5 or 6 days. The upshot, the rental car never got used, and was parked for my entire stay at Palm Hostel. I got very close to the staff at Palm, maybe you 2!

This hostel has a very nice location, very close to old city and its very easy to go anywhere from there!

Couldn't have stayed at a better place than this one. Every place you like to visit is nearby, breakfast is so delicious, I miss it already. Personnel is very helpful, friendly and any question you got - they have an answer. They are so hospitable, I felt very comfortable and very much looked after. Especially Mahmoud - my greatest Thank you to such a lovely person. Thank you Mahmoud for everything!

• 8th Jun 2015

Great Location!! Staff seems easily irritated when you ask a couple questions. Otherwise they're very nice just lacking a certain hospitable charm. Everything is very clean, good internet and free coffee and tea all day. Great for the price for sure.

I came to the Palm Hostel for one night and I am going on five! The Palm Hostel is located next to Damascus Gate with easy access to the Old City as well as busses to the West Bank. Nearby are tons of great places for falafel and sweets. The staff is amazing and vey helpful. If you're lucky Mahmoud will give you some Arabic lessons! The common area has a great vibe and is a great place to meet fellow travelers and plan joint trips. Also very clean. By far my favorite place to stay in the city!

Nice people, clean room. Really enjoyed the breakfast!

Very high, uncomfortable bunk bed in all female dorm. However, I'd read negative reviews about the cleanliness, which turned to be just fine. Location is great, and I've never stayed anywhere cheaper in Jerusalem!

Staff is very kind and helpful, location is next to all the transport and old city (damascus gate). Great price performance.

• 29th May 2015
  • Slovenia

There could be lockers in the rooms.

Location is great but the atmosphere and facilities are so-so at best. The room was very hot and not air conditioned as advertised. Staff were friendly enough but were not eager to help.

• 28th May 2015

They treated me like family. I loved my stay there, and I will be back the next time I come to Israel.

Location is unbeatable if you want to be by the old city. Security never felt sketchy at all but not having a lock on our door was a little weird but I was also in the dorms so it makes sense. Staff is great and very nice. Overall a great place to stay in an even better location. Just a couple blocks away there is more of the new city feel and good places to eat if you get sick of the old town vibe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5