Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

Location is great but the atmosphere and facilities are so-so at best. The room was very hot and not air conditioned as advertised. Staff were friendly enough but were not eager to help.

• 28th May 2015

They treated me like family. I loved my stay there, and I will be back the next time I come to Israel.

Location is unbeatable if you want to be by the old city. Security never felt sketchy at all but not having a lock on our door was a little weird but I was also in the dorms so it makes sense. Staff is great and very nice. Overall a great place to stay in an even better location. Just a couple blocks away there is more of the new city feel and good places to eat if you get sick of the old town vibe.

Great hospitality. Awesome interaction with staff and hostel guests. Great for public and private transportation. This is the hub of Jerusalem. I will definitely return to Palm Hostel.

• 24th May 2015
  • US Virgin Islands

My brother and I had originally planned on staying for one night. We ended up staying for seven. Why? The location can't be beat. Across the street from Damacus Gate and right next to the Arab bus station on a busy market street. It's easy to walk to the hot spots. The people that are attracted to this hostel and hotel are awesome. You'll make friends very quickly. Most importantly- the staff. They are fun, helpful, and always willing to give advice. Mahmoud and Karim are the best! I'll be back!

I had a very good time in Palm hostel. I stayed there for 9 days. The stuff is very nice and funny ( thanks to Mahmoud, shoushou and karim). They are very welcoming. And they always try to help whenever they can. The hostel is clean and the dorms are nice. The old city is right in front of the door. Next to the place are a few good and cheap falafel places :)

Probably the best quality/location combination of any hostel I've ever visited. I would recommend this to absolutely anyone, and I would also suggest talking to the guys behind the front desk because they know so much more about the city than I ever will. I can guarantee that if you stay here, you will see the city properly.

I'm so sorry that it's so late!! THIS HOSTEL ON AMAZING!!! Everyone is really friendly, welcoming, and keen to make you feel at home. The location couldn't be better - right opposite the old city and the bus station. Breakfast was good, and the rooms are really clean and well furnished. Mahmoud was particularly lovely, so I want to say a personal massive thank you. I wish you all the best and if I'm ever back (after my X factor career haha) I'll definitely stay in your hostel!

• 11th May 2015

It is one of the best location in Jerusalem. There is a nice kitchen (with armchair) and balcon (from where you can see the wall of Jerusalem, and you can find fresh mint). The gate of hostel is a greengrocer. :)

Very nice place,good facibilities,nice people, i keep good memories of my stay there

• 8th May 2015

Incredible location- a few mins walk Damascus gate of Old City, 10 min walk to Jaffa st/ heaps of bars. Great breakfast and lovely staff.

The manager Mohammed is very nice and helpful, in fact, people working there made my stay a very pleasant one! Breakfast is delicious and especially helpful for a traveller like me who is on a tight travel schedule and does not always have time to sit down and eat throughout the day. The location is unbeatable: it is very close both the old city and the new city. I walked to everywhere! I also love the many lounges or public areas this hostel has, and some of them has great views!

Cleanliness must be improved.

The bathroom equipment is not in a good condition. No safety boxes. Very noisy place (near the market).

We felt jipped for on the tour. Palm hostel falsely advertised the tour to the Dead Sea, Masada, Jericho etc. He said he was cutting us a deal when he wasn't. There were hidden costs, it didn't last as long as advertised& the tour didn't go to all of the included locations. The room was damp & the showers were just a spout in the bathroom with a drain. The man at reception said he upgraded us for free - we didn't need it but it made it seem like we couldn't complain because he gave us a "deal".

The ceiling of our room was mold-infested. The window was so low that you could not see anything, the curtain was ripped in half. Also the window was closed but you could hear everything that was going on outside, so it was very noisy. Breakfast was nice and the host was a very nice person.

First, we wasn't sure, if the hostel was the right choise, because it was not like it sounds from the description of hostelworld, but we liked it anyway. The price for private room is ok and the location can't be better. You are directly at damascus gate, there are good possibilities to buy food, the arabic bus station is very near and you can walk to the city center, too. When we was there for a second time, we get a better room for free, what was really nice.

very good staff. kindness and friendly

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Palm hostel from the first to the last moment. The hostel was easy to find and is located just outside the old city. The breakfast (hummus, mutabbal, vegetables, eggs,...) that could either be taken inside room or on the terrace was delicious. The rooms were simple but clean and had heating. Most importantly, the staff was very friendly and helpful, so we would definitely go there again.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Austria

I very much enjoyed the location - set directly next to the Damascus Gate - and the view from the dorm to the city wall. Fantastic! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms were not the best I've ever seen, but okay. (Some hangers for towels would be great!!) The public areas are nice, clean and inviting. And another plus: A fruit-shop is basically IN the entrance of the hostel! :)