Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

The wall in the room was grey of fungi, the window glass was broken and they just had some cloth fixed with tape ofer it. The bed had no extra sheet, the shower was not extra bulid directly next to the toilet, so the whole room was wet after showering. Except the breakfast, that was ok, we can't recommend the hostel.

We stood in new part of hostel. One shower room with WC was ok, second unusable, rooms realtivelly clean. The only problem was with "staff" - after first night we let some things on the bed and when they cleaned the room they locked it somewhere. My friend lost slippers. When we asked where are our things the man in reception was very angry, but they took rest of things back last morning.

this is the worst hostel I've ever been. The bathroom (shower and toillette) was incredible dirty, no toillet paper. The staff smoked inside the building so the smell of cigarrette was all over the room. I woke up sick of the dirtiness and the smell. when I complained the owner of the hostel was very rude to me. He said "this is what we have, so deal with it".We booked 2 nights but we decided to leave on the 2nd night. Thestaff gave our beds to somebody else.

Owners were not prepare at all on our coming, even though we did booking few days before. They had not have beds free in dormitory and didn' want to loose money, so over a hour of waiting they swept roofed room without door and put matterasses on it with blankets. Showers with WC were diryy and partially out of work.

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Poland

4 Nights in this hostel and I see the Manager oberbooked all day long ! People arriving all this days.... without getting the room they bookyed.... and sleeping in a dortoray, in the saufa in the living room... oder under the roof on matrassess !! you have to negociate, grumble/complain if you want to have the kind of room you've booked !

worst hostel ever. we were forced to sleep on the couch because they canceled my booking w/o notice. no hot shower and half broken bunk-bed (very dangerous) made us uncomfortable all through the stay.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Japan
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It seems the guys at Palm Hostel are unable to cope with running a hostel. It concerned not only us but a few other travellers we met: Overbookings, shifting guests from dorm to dorm, giving away beds that were already taken, and nobody really seemed to care. In the end one of my friends had to sleep on a mattress on the floor; he was given a dirty pillow and I don't think they're laundering their linen. Facilities are filthy. To be fair, we got compensation and we don't have so high standards.

Palm Hostel has 2 advantages - great location and tasteful breakfast. Unfortunately the hostel is very dirty. We have stayed in deluxe room which has no window and was so small, that there was place almost only for a bed.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Poland

Located exactly 2 minutes walking from the Damascus Gate, Palm hostel is an average place to stay - not very clean, without great atmosphere, etc. It is a very basic facility created to sleep in and explore Jerusalem old city.

Well the Owner was nervous, but it's to say, that they are about to renovate it, it was noisy and thirty on dezember 2013. Maybe if it's done, the chief will be more relaxt and the rooms cleaner!

Very small room, could not even turn around. The bed sucked, they added foam pads that kept on separating. Did not supply towels, soap or shampoo.

Hostel has a great location, near the Damascus gate, in the middle of downtown. There are two parts of this hostel, the new one and the old one. The new one is very nice, clean. The old one is very basic no TV, no AC, just bed and wi-fi) but clean.There is a shared kitchen with free tea and coffee. It is not the newest but cleaned every day.Staff is amazing, very helpful.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Awesome location.

I arrived at 3 am, the receptionist was in a bad mood, unclear communication about the basic facilities. The personnel the next day was friendlier and flexible. I woke up 2-3 times during the morning smelling cigarette smoke, another guest said that sometimes people would smoke in the lobby, the personnel said it was due to construction work on the building and the workers smoke outside and the smoke comes in.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Denmark

Never seen such an awful Hostel!

• 28th Oct 2013

This place is disgusting, the neighborhood is filthy and unsafe. The property itself is dirty and looks unattractive. The staff were rude and lazy. Due to the mentioned reasons we decided to leave and they literally said a four-letter word instead of good-bye. Don`t stay there unless you want to totally spoil your vacation.

it was really a great experience , the stuff is very helpful and they provide great information , the location is just outside the old city of jerusalem , its just amazing and worth each penny , tea coffee and wifi is free 24 hours :) :) :) ... for sure coming back again :) .

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • Israel

The Palm Hostel is in an excellent location, just a minute walk from the old city and near to some good stores and restaurants. My room was very small and basic for the price, but I think that goes with the territory in Israel. They sold me an interesting day tour to Bethlehem and Jericho which I'd recommend if you have a larger group (it was quite expensive for fewer people). The breakfast was a nice start to the day too.

Great location, that's all ... Very dirty, no curtains in the room, matresses in poor condition, booked a double bed, got a three twin beds, shower cold and very low pressure for two days, not safe as it's open on the street all the time, staff is not concerned about the well being of the occupants, average breakfast and hostel way too expensive for what it is ! Not recommanded !

Some very small details could have improved quality. Such as some hooks in the bathrooms, so you can hang up your towel etc. And equipping the kitchen with some plates and utilities....