Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

We've had a great stay at Palm Hostel. It's a very large place, but they still manage to give it a nice and personal vibe. There's a chillout area near the dorms and another area with a big balcony near the private rooms. There's a buffet in the morning. The staff is very helpful. When we left for the airport really early they very kindly gave us a bag with breakfast to take. Jerusalem is quite costly to stay at, and Palm Hostel is the best value we've come accross. Highly recommended!

• 30th Oct 2014

the staff is very friendly and helped me with all my questions.

Do not expect too much: it is a good place to stay to explore Jerusalem's old city for a small budget.

The owner/ manager let us stay in a double bedroom with a private shower with no extra charge! The staff was pretty flexible and available for us. The place is being renovated, so wait & see the final result! The location has a lot to offer (Old Jerusalem across the street, tramway a few blocks away).

I'm not sure what people are expecting from such cheap prices & in such a central location, but this is a hostel NOT a hotel. I have travelled extensively & this hostel is basic, but provides what you need for a couple of days. I have stayed in some real cack-holes around the world & this place was absolutely fine. A bed, with clean bedding (I always travel with a lightweight sleeping bag liner anyway), OK it's not bleached & ironed, but come on, this is a budget hostel! I had a fan in the room,

The location is the best thing about this place. I have found most hostels in Israel to be overpriced compared to other areas of the world. This was no different. The owner actually charged me more $ even as he complained that the hostel was empty because of the recent escalation in violence between the IDF and Hamas. The rooms are tiny, and dirty. The atmosphere is pretty depressing.

• 8th Jul 2014

hi , the room that you booked is a single room ( shared bathroom ) , we gave you a single room with private bathroom and shower and have air condition , you had a nice and clean room , i really dont know why you said that .

The location is absolutely excellent!

• 19th Jun 2014

שירות נוראי. ביקשנו לראות חדר על מנת להחליט אם לקחת חדר בהוסטל זה, הפקיד קבלה התנהג בצורה ברברית לחלוטין, היה אגרסיבי ואימפולסיבי, לא הסכים בשום פנים ואופן להראות לנו את החדר, אלא רק שניקח ונשלם ורק אחכ נראה את החדר. לאחר ויכוח לא נעים, לא נותרה לו ברירה וכן הוסכם שנראה את החדר, החדר כמובן נוראי ולא יאה לשינה, אז ביקשנו לשדרג לסוג החדר היקר יותר. גם הוא היה לא נעים ולבסוף על אף ששילמנו מלוא הכסף על החדר היקר, החלטנו לעזוב ולישון במקום אחר. האוירה של המקום לא נעימה. לא נחזור לעולם

Air conditioner was good. No assist with bags, 4th floor, no offer of assist. Breakfast was quite enjoyable. No refrigerator in room. I would stay again.

• 27th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Female dorm was OK, but mix dorm was terrible. Just location, nothing at all.

Space only for the bed, dirty, shower over toilet, no windows. A disaster

• 24th Apr 2014

Really good ubicaiton. Hostel on line of the rest of the city. Really good breakfast.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Spain

You'll probably be staying here because nowhere else in Jerusalem had space. The only good thing about the hostel is that it has WiFi in the lobby so you can book somewhere else to stay. It's not a well-maintained hostel, it's not clean and it's not a pleasant place. All in all, a bit grim

• 25th Mar 2014

Great location...!! Good prices!

Had to change the room three times, the first one had a hole in the wall and construction garbage in the room. THe second one didn't have a hot water. The staff behaved very unfriendly when we asked to change the room because there is no hot water, but in the end the room was changed. The hostel is located on an overcrowded market street near the Damascus gate, so it's loud and unsecure. You cannot seat on a toilet because there are about 10cm between the toilet and a wall. Though - it's cheap.

The wall in the room was grey of fungi, the window glass was broken and they just had some cloth fixed with tape ofer it. The bed had no extra sheet, the shower was not extra bulid directly next to the toilet, so the whole room was wet after showering. Except the breakfast, that was ok, we can't recommend the hostel.

We stood in new part of hostel. One shower room with WC was ok, second unusable, rooms realtivelly clean. The only problem was with "staff" - after first night we let some things on the bed and when they cleaned the room they locked it somewhere. My friend lost slippers. When we asked where are our things the man in reception was very angry, but they took rest of things back last morning.

this is the worst hostel I've ever been. The bathroom (shower and toillette) was incredible dirty, no toillet paper. The staff smoked inside the building so the smell of cigarrette was all over the room. I woke up sick of the dirtiness and the smell. when I complained the owner of the hostel was very rude to me. He said "this is what we have, so deal with it".We booked 2 nights but we decided to leave on the 2nd night. Thestaff gave our beds to somebody else.

Owners were not prepare at all on our coming, even though we did booking few days before. They had not have beds free in dormitory and didn' want to loose money, so over a hour of waiting they swept roofed room without door and put matterasses on it with blankets. Showers with WC were diryy and partially out of work.

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Poland

4 Nights in this hostel and I see the Manager oberbooked all day long ! People arriving all this days.... without getting the room they bookyed.... and sleeping in a dortoray, in the saufa in the living room... oder under the roof on matrassess !! you have to negociate, grumble/complain if you want to have the kind of room you've booked !