Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

The hostel is very well located and has a nice staff. It's relatively clean (clean rooms and common spaces), but the kitchen needs more attention and has no utensils. There are no keys to customers and no lockers. However, there are two security stops (reception and the main hall), but sometimes both places are empty. My low rating intends to encourage improvements, not to discourage customers. There were no problem at all during my stay and the staff were very helpful.

We had a very pleasant stay at Palm Hostel. Helpful staff (e.g. help with booking a Sherut taxi), good atmosphere. Especially kitchen could have an update. We certainly recommend this place!

Best location, great and very nice stuff will help you with any problem, will answer any question. It was a good choice :-)

I was very happy with my stay at Palm Hostel, the staff are wonderful and the atmosphere is nice and cozy. I would recommend this hostel! Especially if you also want to meet other travellers and residents and have a chat or three. When I arrived I felt very welcome and at home. I've been there two times now, and I will definitely be back soon again.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Denmark

Everything was fine in my opinion, Perhaps because I'm a boy. The only problem were hostel guests - awful haha :D

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Poland

The staff and location were great!

i enjoyed my stay at the palm very much. .mahmood was the best host and alex too i met travellers from all over and spent hours chatting. awesome location.

I think this is an extremely accommodating and welcoming . I would definitely stay here again . Thank you mahmoud ,are a boss ! However I would recommend soap in the toilets ...

We ended up staying here for a week and couldn't have asked for a cleaner, more secure, better located hostel! It's literally right across from Damascus Gate, which led to all of the sights we wanted to see. Everyone was really nice and there are fresh fruits and vegetables right downstairs for purchase. Free coffee, tea & filtered water. I would definitely stay here again!!

This is the best place where you can be in Jerusalem. Very nice people, not expensive, very close to the old city... I will come back for sure, I love this place.

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Spain

This is a cheap hotel/hostel so you get what you pay for. Location is really good though and it is easy to get to. Fine if you are just staying a night or two but it isn't somewhere you would want to hang out in.

• 10th Oct 2015

Ive asked to get any refund, as i stayed only 2 days instead of ten, and manager said he can not refund as i already booked. First time i asked he said he can sell my bed, but on the day i was leaving, he said he can not. Im sorry i rushed to book 10 days for a place that was really below expectations, as there are much nicer and cleaner areas in Jerusalem.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Serbia

As others have commented, the location is great; it is the best you can get when visiting the Old City. The staff was quite friendly, but when it came to paying, they were offended when I wanted to check the conversion rate. At other times, the staff was exceedingly helpful when assisting me with personal needs, such as transportation. It is a pleasant atmosphere that gives you the opportunity to meet and socialize with other travelers.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Convenient location and good wifi. Dorm had no air conditioning though so at night it was hot. Also the street is quite noisy 24/7 so earplugs are needed.

the whole neibourhood needs a make over i had one of their nicer rooms but the hostel would benefit from a refurbishment , the location was good and the air con was good

Wheri good lokatin and good atmosfer in hotel. Wheri cloust to Damaskus gate . Interesting neigbrhood. I was wheri satisfay with may chois. I will recommendet.

Great Location within the muslimic quarter of Jerusalem Close to the old City. The Manager was very nice and helpful. We first received a room without a window which we could Change without any Problem to another one which had a window. We really enjoyed to take our breakfast outside on the terrace and will definitely come back.

I cannot recommend this place at all. The bathrooms and toilets weren't clean, one toilet was not working at all (there was a cistern, no clue what happened to the rest), the couches in the kitchen area are old,do not invite to sit down. Kitchen has probably never been cleaned since hostel exists. Wifi wasn't working in the rooms. Only good thing to say is that beds/sheets were clean. I don't know why this HOSTEL has so many good reviews, maybe they concern the HOTEL they seem to run.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. My stay there was not good at all. They advertise airconditioning but there is non. The bathrooms suck. No water pressure and toilets barely flush. Staff were very unhelpful don't ask questions because they don't know the answer and won't bother to get one they'll just say down the street. Beds are way to short. slept with my feet on the rails all night. It's loud outside all night street honking and yelling the entire night by locals. STAY FAR AWAY!!!

the staff got almost throw me out only because I was double checking the price with my booking confirmation which I had it on my mobile. I was only making sure how much it should be in Shekels because I booked in US Dollars. and he even called me animals because I didn't pay the money straight away after he told me in Shekels....again, I was ONLY taking 5 more seconds to double check the price from US$ to Shekels.