Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

The staff here are really nice and helpful. The hostel is located just one minute from damaskus gate and public transport that takes you around jerusalem and to other cities are within 3 minutes. There are a lot of eating options outside the hostel.

Once again I was comfortable and happy staying at the Palm Hostel. The staff are walm and welcoming, you have the freedom to come and go as you please and they are always ready to help/advise. Warm rooms, simple clean facilities and lots of space!

• 9th Jan 2015

Great location!! The rest is just a normal hostel

Very frendly.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

Nice people and nice place where to start discover Jerusalem. If I will come back to Jerusalem one day I will stay here again.

Nice place tomstay! Friendly staff!!!

Very cold and dirty bathrooms but still very cheap with a great breakfast.

Well - the good thing is that the hostel is close to the old city of jerusalem

The position of the hostel is great but there is a great problema about the concept of cleaning: the bathroom was terrible, not hygienic at all. Sheets and bed clothes were in a horrible condition. The hostel is all night open, but in the sense that is not controlled at all. People was kind but not english speaker. I would suggest a great clean-up crew

• 25th Dec 2014

Staff are very friendly and welcoming. They really make you feel at home. The location is perfect, very close to the Old City. No complaints. I had a very pleasant and relaxing stay.

• 24th Dec 2014

Amazing location and nice atmosphere, but be sure to bring sandals. Bathrooms were always wet (with water).

Incredible value for money and a great atmosphere with lots of other cool travellers attracted by the rock bottom prices and amazing location. The bathrooms are Arab-style: no separation between the shower and the toilet area, so it is a bit of a wet mess. Could really use some hooks for clothes. Lockers would be good too. Definitely would recommend - in the very lively Muslim quarter.

I am not mention until I leave, i find the employee ask me pay for more mony per night than I should...Iam really feel terribel...

The New palm Hostel is in a very good location in front of the Damascus gate, ideal for tourism, near bus, taxis, and many shops. The athmosphere is very nice, tea and coffe are free and it's always possible to speak with people from everywhere in the world. Security cameras are present but in fact not necessary, everybody was cool. The hostel is in 2 parts, one for individual room, and the other for collective room, both are ok with a very very good price. Ideal for travellers. I will come back

• 11th Nov 2014

Its a great place. Very well located, just in from of the Damascus Gate! And near to the terminal of buses to the border, and the guy in charge is very very nice, he helped me with all the staff. I wished I'd really had more time to spend.

Thy upgraded my room for me at no charge which was very nice. I think if they have a goal of more western travelers the cleanliness of the place would need to increase. Overall location is the best attribute and the worker Angela is very kind and helpful. I was glad I stayed.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is our second time staying here. The location is the best! It's right across the Damascus Gate and Tram stop only 5 stops away from downtown. They have breakfast every morning and the staff is very friendly. It has been renovated since I was there in May 2012 and It's looking good :). They will also do tour arrangements for you. If you don't need anything fancy and want a room to sleep after exploring all day, this is the hotel for you :). I will stay there again!

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Peru

Excellent value, service and TOP location. The big balcony outside is great for visual entertainment. We decided to stay in one of the private rooms. When it turned out the aircon didn't work properly we were very kindly shown another room. We saw this hostel earlier had some negative reviews, no idea what those people were expecting. Or maybe things have changed, because it was great to stay at Palm Hostel.

• 30th Oct 2014

We've had a great stay at Palm Hostel. It's a very large place, but they still manage to give it a nice and personal vibe. There's a chillout area near the dorms and another area with a big balcony near the private rooms. There's a buffet in the morning. The staff is very helpful. When we left for the airport really early they very kindly gave us a bag with breakfast to take. Jerusalem is quite costly to stay at, and Palm Hostel is the best value we've come accross. Highly recommended!

• 30th Oct 2014