Palm Hostel Reviews

Hanivim Street 6, Jerusalem, Israel

This hostel has a very nice location, very close to old city and its very easy to go anywhere from there!

Couldn't have stayed at a better place than this one. Every place you like to visit is nearby, breakfast is so delicious, I miss it already. Personnel is very helpful, friendly and any question you got - they have an answer. They are so hospitable, I felt very comfortable and very much looked after. Especially Mahmoud - my greatest Thank you to such a lovely person. Thank you Mahmoud for everything!

• 8th Jun 2015

Great Location!! Staff seems easily irritated when you ask a couple questions. Otherwise they're very nice just lacking a certain hospitable charm. Everything is very clean, good internet and free coffee and tea all day. Great for the price for sure.

I came to the Palm Hostel for one night and I am going on five! The Palm Hostel is located next to Damascus Gate with easy access to the Old City as well as busses to the West Bank. Nearby are tons of great places for falafel and sweets. The staff is amazing and vey helpful. If you're lucky Mahmoud will give you some Arabic lessons! The common area has a great vibe and is a great place to meet fellow travelers and plan joint trips. Also very clean. By far my favorite place to stay in the city!

Nice people, clean room. Really enjoyed the breakfast!

Very high, uncomfortable bunk bed in all female dorm. However, I'd read negative reviews about the cleanliness, which turned to be just fine. Location is great, and I've never stayed anywhere cheaper in Jerusalem!

Staff is very kind and helpful, location is next to all the transport and old city (damascus gate). Great price performance.

• 29th May 2015
  • Slovenia

Staff are a bit strange, but otherwise fine. Great value for money and great location too, just outside the old city (2 mins away) and a 10 minute walk from the heart of the new city. I left my Birkenstocks at the hostel accidentally when I left for Ramallah: I messaged a friend who was still staying here to leave it with the staff, and she did. I went back a week later and they didn't have them. Such a shame!

There could be lockers in the rooms.

Location is great but the atmosphere and facilities are so-so at best. The room was very hot and not air conditioned as advertised. Staff were friendly enough but were not eager to help.

• 28th May 2015

They treated me like family. I loved my stay there, and I will be back the next time I come to Israel.

Location is unbeatable if you want to be by the old city. Security never felt sketchy at all but not having a lock on our door was a little weird but I was also in the dorms so it makes sense. Staff is great and very nice. Overall a great place to stay in an even better location. Just a couple blocks away there is more of the new city feel and good places to eat if you get sick of the old town vibe.

Great hospitality. Awesome interaction with staff and hostel guests. Great for public and private transportation. This is the hub of Jerusalem. I will definitely return to Palm Hostel.

• 24th May 2015
  • US Virgin Islands

My brother and I had originally planned on staying for one night. We ended up staying for seven. Why? The location can't be beat. Across the street from Damacus Gate and right next to the Arab bus station on a busy market street. It's easy to walk to the hot spots. The people that are attracted to this hostel and hotel are awesome. You'll make friends very quickly. Most importantly- the staff. They are fun, helpful, and always willing to give advice. Mahmoud and Karim are the best! I'll be back!

I had a very good time in Palm hostel. I stayed there for 9 days. The stuff is very nice and funny ( thanks to Mahmoud, shoushou and karim). They are very welcoming. And they always try to help whenever they can. The hostel is clean and the dorms are nice. The old city is right in front of the door. Next to the place are a few good and cheap falafel places :)

Probably the best quality/location combination of any hostel I've ever visited. I would recommend this to absolutely anyone, and I would also suggest talking to the guys behind the front desk because they know so much more about the city than I ever will. I can guarantee that if you stay here, you will see the city properly.

Wonderful staff, good facilities and great location - definitely recommend staying here whilst in Jerusalem

I'm so sorry that it's so late!! THIS HOSTEL ON AMAZING!!! Everyone is really friendly, welcoming, and keen to make you feel at home. The location couldn't be better - right opposite the old city and the bus station. Breakfast was good, and the rooms are really clean and well furnished. Mahmoud was particularly lovely, so I want to say a personal massive thank you. I wish you all the best and if I'm ever back (after my X factor career haha) I'll definitely stay in your hostel!

• 11th May 2015

It is one of the best location in Jerusalem. There is a nice kitchen (with armchair) and balcon (from where you can see the wall of Jerusalem, and you can find fresh mint). The gate of hostel is a greengrocer. :)

Very nice place,good facibilities,nice people, i keep good memories of my stay there

• 8th May 2015