Palm Lakefront Resort & Hostel Reviews

4840 W.Irlo Bronson Hwy 192, Kissimmee, Florida 34746, Orlando, USA

I arrived in the morning and hoped I can leave my backpack there before check-in (the hostel is pretty far from everything and it wouldn't make sense to come back there in the middle of the day). There was no one at the reception, manager on the phone was rude and unhelpful, he even refused to come to the reception (I wanted to ask advice how to get to places). It's a cheap place, but I would rather pay a little more for a normal and polite service. My worst experience with hostel staff so far.

The guest arrived at the busiest time of the year, DAYTONA 500 in which everywhere sold out. All our luggage storage was full to capacity and he arrived early in the morning to check in. I told him to come back after 3pm to check in and we dont have any space for him to store his luggage. He got upset and demanded us to store his luggage. I said, 'Sorry, We do not have any space please come back after 3pm and we will be happy to check him in. He got upset and left. He came back and stayed.

Very friendly staff and a great location.

Do not stay here! This is not a traditional hostel. Staff was rude and unhelpful. Sketchy area. I left early.

• 17th Feb 2015

Aaaron is a nice guy, the property is located in a border of a lake and should be a very nice stay in summer. The property has also a hostel atmosphere which is not very common in USA, mainly in Orlando. Recommended!

The Hostel is pretty far away from Downtown Orlando and also Universal Studios is more than 30min away

• 14th Feb 2015

Very dirty and run down motel converted to hostel. Needs many upgrades and regular cleaning. Mattresses very old and nasty. Avoid and spend the extra money if you can.

Taking a cab is the only reasonable way to get to Universal Studios. I was lucky to share the costs with another girl, but when you are traveling alone the cab might be too expensive. It doesn't really have hostel feeling, but the owner is really friendly. I arrived earlier than check-in time, but I couldn't come to the hostel to leave my luggage there, so I spend the time sitting at the train station. When I arrived at the check-in time I didn't even get a key right away. That's just bad!

Before I got there I didn't really expect anything but a bed and a shower! I was in the ladies dorm, so there were eight bunk beds which were decent, a bathroom with everything you needed and, to my confusion, only 6 lockers! In the house you have access to a kitchen, TV, Computers (that is to say one, because the other is out of order) and some sort of music room in the back. If you go behind the house you'll find a very beautiful place at the lake and a pool! Though, most is dirty and old!!!

• 1st Feb 2015

The staff was super friendly !

• 1st Feb 2015

The worst hostel i've ever stayed at. Very dirty and the receptionist was not neither helpful or kind. I DON'T recommend this place to anyone.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Only hostel in Orlando area, approx. 25min to DT. The building is designed in shape of a motel so no real hostel atmosphere. Wifi didn't work in the room so we had to go to the lobby to access the internet. Contrary to the point in the facilities list there is no gym. Staff was really friendly.

• 22nd Jan 2015

If you're after clean this is not the place for you. Go somewhere else and pay more money. The mattresses, pillows and bedding all need to be replaced. If the cleaned the underbedding more frequently (or at all) that would be a bonus. Also a wipe down of the walls would be nice too. That being said the locals are nice and the manager is helpful and good for a chat. The location to Disney Is great but Universal is terrible but there are shuttles. I think I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Far away from major attraction. Its more of a hotel than hostel although it does have common room and kitchen

The manager is very nice and helpful. Great place!

• 7th Jan 2015
  • China

4人部屋に2人滞在で予約し、行ってみるとその部屋はその日私達以外に滞在者がいない状態でした。それなのに4人分の料金を取られ、返金してほしいと申し出たけれど返金してもらえませんでした。また、ホステルから空港まで$20で送迎してくれると言ったのに、運転手には何だかんだ理由をつけられて$25取られました。その2点以外はユニバが少し遠かったことぐらいで、特に気になるところはなく快適に過ごさせてもらいました。立地はまあまあですが、スーパーマーケットも近くにあり良かったです。

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Japan

If you go to Orlando just for the themes parks it is a good hostel. It's near to Disney but not the others. If you want something clean, do not go there. If you just go to sleep and meet people it's a good place for go. They have a really nice view of the Cecile lake, it's nice to take some pictures and take a nap looking it!

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Danibepe
  • Colombia

My first time staying at a hostel. The hostel is a converted 2-storey roadside motel with a central parking lot and rooms facing the parking lot core. The office/kitchen/lounge was accommodating towards cooking and meeting other travelers. I was able to spend a relaxing afternoon in the backyard reading and watching boaters on the lake. The only feature I wish the hostel had was lockable cabinets in the room so I could secure my things and not rely on the good will of strangers.

I had cancelled my reservation around 10 pm on the night before, but I had a big emergency and sent an e-mail to the place explaining the situation and trying to solve my problem. When I called, the manager just yelled at me, treating me very disrespectfully. When I finally could solve the situation and got there for my check in, he still made fun of me and I felt very humiliated and disrespected. The shuttle they have is a TAXI and was over 1 hour late! I would never recommend this place.

• 28th Dec 2014

This guest cancelled her reservation. Then she "demanded" me to uncancel her reservation. The word "DEMANDED" she used to command me to uncancel her reservation stirred up a debate. She was the one not being understanding how cancellation policy work. It was a busy holiday week and I honored her request of cancelling her reservation then she commanded me to uncancel her reservation because she couldnt find a place to stay. I gave in and let her stay. Very demanding and inconsiderate traveler.

If this were a yacht, I'd name it -INCOGNITO-. The trip requiring two or three Lynx routes is to be factored, 50 & 56 but of course Orlando-Kissimmee's quite vast.

There is no wifi in the room

• 26th Dec 2014