Palm Lakefront Resort & Hostel Reviews

4840 W.Irlo Bronson Hwy 192, Kissimmee, Florida 34746, Orlando, USA

Only hostel in Orlando area, approx. 25min to DT. The building is designed in shape of a motel so no real hostel atmosphere. Wifi didn't work in the room so we had to go to the lobby to access the internet. Contrary to the point in the facilities list there is no gym. Staff was really friendly.

• 22nd Jan 2015

If you're after clean this is not the place for you. Go somewhere else and pay more money. The mattresses, pillows and bedding all need to be replaced. If the cleaned the underbedding more frequently (or at all) that would be a bonus. Also a wipe down of the walls would be nice too. That being said the locals are nice and the manager is helpful and good for a chat. The location to Disney Is great but Universal is terrible but there are shuttles. I think I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Far away from major attraction. Its more of a hotel than hostel although it does have common room and kitchen

The manager is very nice and helpful. Great place!

• 7th Jan 2015
  • China

4人部屋に2人滞在で予約し、行ってみるとその部屋はその日私達以外に滞在者がいない状態でした。それなのに4人分の料金を取られ、返金してほしいと申し出たけれど返金してもらえませんでした。また、ホステルから空港まで$20で送迎してくれると言ったのに、運転手には何だかんだ理由をつけられて$25取られました。その2点以外はユニバが少し遠かったことぐらいで、特に気になるところはなく快適に過ごさせてもらいました。立地はまあまあですが、スーパーマーケットも近くにあり良かったです。

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Japan

If you go to Orlando just for the themes parks it is a good hostel. It's near to Disney but not the others. If you want something clean, do not go there. If you just go to sleep and meet people it's a good place for go. They have a really nice view of the Cecile lake, it's nice to take some pictures and take a nap looking it!

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Danibepe
  • Colombia

My first time staying at a hostel. The hostel is a converted 2-storey roadside motel with a central parking lot and rooms facing the parking lot core. The office/kitchen/lounge was accommodating towards cooking and meeting other travelers. I was able to spend a relaxing afternoon in the backyard reading and watching boaters on the lake. The only feature I wish the hostel had was lockable cabinets in the room so I could secure my things and not rely on the good will of strangers.

I had cancelled my reservation around 10 pm on the night before, but I had a big emergency and sent an e-mail to the place explaining the situation and trying to solve my problem. When I called, the manager just yelled at me, treating me very disrespectfully. When I finally could solve the situation and got there for my check in, he still made fun of me and I felt very humiliated and disrespected. The shuttle they have is a TAXI and was over 1 hour late! I would never recommend this place.

This guest cancelled her reservation. Then she "demanded" me to uncancel her reservation. The word "DEMANDED" she used to command me to uncancel her reservation stirred up a debate. She was the one not being understanding how cancellation policy work. It was a busy holiday week and I honored her request of cancelling her reservation then she commanded me to uncancel her reservation because she couldnt find a place to stay. I gave in and let her stay. Very demanding and inconsiderate traveler.

If this were a yacht, I'd name it -INCOGNITO-. The trip requiring two or three Lynx routes is to be factored, 50 & 56 but of course Orlando-Kissimmee's quite vast.

There is no wifi in the room

• 26th Dec 2014
  • China

It may be nice place if you cares about cost money. The room was pretty good. But beds and its metresses had low quallity. Anyway low price have own reasons for why its cheap

• 15th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The owner is great! The location is good (one 30min bus to Disney World). The property is decent - Amazing value for money.

• 12th Dec 2014

Very helpful hostel. There is a big kitchen and dining room. You can cook by yourself. There are supermarkets and restaurants very close. And Disney is only 40 minutes away by bus. But it is far away to Universal Studio and airport. The guy and his dog are very cute and kind. Enjoyed my stay there. But the only thing is cleanliness. They do not often do the cleaning.

Clean rooms, awesome location - staff were very helpful and a hostel dog means I got to have puppy cuddles!

This hostel is a great value for money. The owner is very friendly and knowledgeable and provides useful tips on how to get around. A place to stay if you are traveling on a budget and want to visit the parks, Kennedy Space Center, Sea world etc. Although not the most social hostel I have visited so far the atmosphere was quite cosy. It is also not the most modern hostel and nor the most clean. That said, I recommend this hostel, but have realistic expectations.

I had an excellent stay. Thank you very much.

• 29th Oct 2014

Elvis was extremely helpful, advising me on parking

• 26th Oct 2014

The stuff working was so unfriendly,disrespectful , racist, and annoying. He refused to keep my bags in luggage room before check in time and he didn't even come at check in time 3 pm, so my entire day was off cuz of him. The stuff has a very annoying dog that comes to bother me every time i cook, so when i asked him to keep the dog away he said to me "go eat outside", so the dog is well treated than the guest. bathroom was unclean and no soap. location is far from attractions to go by bus

This guest tried to check in 8am in the morning. I told him our check in time is anytime after 3pm. All our luggage storage and lockers was filled up so I had no place to store his luggage. He got angry and then he almost kicked my dog in the head shouting,"get away get away". I told him she is a well trained house dog(GOLDEN RETRIEVER) and you dont have to be afraid. He said,"In my country(EGYPT) we HATE ALL DOGS. Calmly I told him to come back after 3pm. Very disrespectful to me and my dog.

Excellent hostel for the money. Disney world is 40 minutes away on a $2 bus, and you'll save money on food too because there's a big supermarket nearby. Staff are accommodating with awkward check in/check out times. Bring a padlock for the lockers in the room.

Pretty nice hostel with a big yard in back by a large lake. Some people probably paid some big bucks to get a big house ON OTHER SIDE OF LAKE. .:-) Staff is excellent....very friendly. Right across the street is a big grocery store and many restaurants. However, it's not a good location for tourist attractions or nightlife of any kind. It cud b an hour or or more away by bus to them. YIKES! Wifi is really bad & VERY SLOW,...& THAT'S NOT JUST MY OPINION. Manager gets upset if mentioned.