Palm Lakefront Resort & Hostel Reviews

4840 W.Irlo Bronson Hwy 192, Kissimmee, Florida 34746, Orlando, Florida, USA

I had my service dog and one of the dorm men was scared to death of him and it made me feel uncomfortable although I tried to demonstrate how friendly he is.

The cleanliness could be a little better, But place is good, there are market and other services next to. There is a good room to interact with other guests. The yard has a great pool, the view is great. I liked very much. I would stay there if went to Orlando again.

• 10th Sep 2013

Das Zimmer war ok. Die Matratze für meinen Geschmack etwas zu dünn. Die Toilette war Katastrophe. Die klobrille war braun und auch sonst machte das Bad keinen hygienischen eindruck. Der Betreiber war sehr nett und hat ein guten shuttel service ins disney studio und universal studios zu einem angemessenem preis. Zum schlafen reicht es......

• 10th Sep 2013

This was one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in!! The location was brilliant with shops just over the road and a bus stop right outside the front door, taking you to Disney and universal! The manager was a great help and we met a lot of new people as the atmosphere was fantastic. There was even a small open Mic and magic show put on for us on our last night which brought everyone together for a big party! I cannot fault this place, especially as it's cheap as chips!!

It was horrific. I was assigned a top bunk in a small motel room that contained 4 bunk-beds. (8beds) There was women's underwear all over the room and makeup kits, hairbrush @ bathroom sink. I am a 60 year old married handicapped man wearing a back brace. I came a day early and paid for that room before seeing it. I went next door to STAR MOTEL and rented from them. Your manager refused to return my money. I will file complaint with VISA & City. I was told to keep valuables in my rental car.

• 1st Sep 2013

This guest was an elderly man who never requested a lower bunk. If he communicated with me before checking in with his disability I would have more than happy to accommodate his request. He arrived one night early. He had online reservation on 2nd of September . Without telling me with his concerns he departed and came back and asked me for refund. I refunded everything except his online reservation which he did not cancel within 48 hours. First night was charged which he agreed and signed.

The room was good but the kitchen was filthy with little to no plates/cups or cutlery. Also note that this hostel is NOT in Orlando, it is in Kissimmee so check your greyhound bus terminal location. Unless you have your own car or want to visit disneyworld, this place is in the middle of nowhere. Just for something to do, we had to catch THREE buses to the Florida mall and then three back to the hostel. Travel time including waiting for the buses was over two hours each way. Terrible location!

Awfull ended up goin elsewhere

This guest had a male friend she wanted to stay with who happens to live by and happens on the same day she had a reservation with us(what a coincidence). She said she wanted to cancel her reservation. I told her the cancellation policy that she cannot cancel on the day of arrival . Also she made a female dorm for 2 girls. She said that was incorrect. After she saw her online reservation she got upset and left for NOT able to cancel on the same day of arrival date. CHECK CANCELLATION POLICY.

Pros: 1 minute away from the bus station; in front of a publix; Cons: Lockers need improvement, but served its purpose. the dorm was for 8 people and only 1 bathroom, luckily there were only about 4 guests in the room, which made it possible not to have issues to use the restroom staff was ok

• 1st Aug 2013

The owner was really nice and helpful with telling about the area and possible things to do and helping to book activities. The place is pretty neat if you have a car. Otherwise the location is really not ideal for moving around with the public transportation. Also the swimming pool and the public area could use some cleaning.

Don't expect much and you should be ok. A we drove up first impression is motel out of a horror movie but surprisingly the rooms are clean and secure. The staff are rude and abrupt for no reason, if your not happy in your job do something else don't take it out on us.

The staff were really unhelpful, and didn't actually provide that much information even when asking about specific things. The hostel is really far from anywhere remotely interesting, but it is good that it is right near a supermarket. It takes about an hour and a half to get anywhere, and most places are further than that.

I never met a traveler who loved food more than the theme parks until now. When a guest checks in we provide chalk full of information like local bus system, restaurants and yes markets. Supermarket is just 100 meters from our hostel and if she read the information sheet the local bus takes you directly to Magic Kingdom(Disney) for $2.00. The bus only takes about 20 minutes to the main entrance of Disney parks. Once you get on Disney property you can use their own bus system to get around. Easy.

when i book this hostel i was read also review some review are very bad, but when i live in this hostel everything is fine here i don't know why somebody write bad review. Main thing i impressed because you made food here in hostel kitchen which food you like. i am very happy stay in this hostel. and Mr Elvin who management in this hostel this guy also awesome and when i came in Florida i want stay here again. Thanks

• 12th Jul 2013
  • India

Clean hostel in a good location for catching the bus to the parks. The staff weren't very friendly.

This hostel is a little off the beaten track. If you're not going to Disney it takes quite a while to get anywhere. The staff were very friendly and willing to help, although they can be absent for extended periods of time during the day. The wifi is good and the common area is also comfortable. The rooms themselves could do with a good clean. The floors were quite dirty as was the bathtub but you do get what you pay for, and for $20 a night I don't think anyone can really complain.

Even I went there just to take a shower and sleep, it was ok.Pros:Value,Parking, complete kitchen, bathtub,localization. Against: My storage was broken. I couldnt lock my luggage and I had to do a early checkout, nobody at the office.

Its a motel converted into a hostal, dont expect to meet a lot of people there, they have no night life there, wifi its fine in every room, the have a kitchen where you an cook and a backyard pool.... It's good if you want to go to theme parks and only go for sleep at night..... You have locker for every bed in the room....

Nice place with pool and backpack character! Good located if you want to do theme parks!

This is a very relaxing place. If you wanna spend your time just relaxing, that's the best place for it. However Disney World is near. But it takes time to get to Universal Park.

It wasn't a really nice neighbourhood to stay in, they were some motel guests that were really loud at night, the matresses were really bad. The pool wasn't clean en definitely not nice to swim in. The hostel is really close to disneyworld, you can easy take the bus.

it took a few minutes walk from the bus stop. And at first, I was surprised at its cleanlessmess. But soon, I didn't care about so much because the staff there was really friendly and nice. They wouldn't serve you breakfast, but in a few minutes walk, you can go to the grocery stores or many other food stores. Also, some outlet shops are placed nearby. So i think you can spend good time even without any transportation.

• 21st Jun 2013