Palm Lakefront Resort & Hostel Reviews

4840 W.Irlo Bronson Hwy 192, Kissimmee, Florida 34746, Orlando, USA

We need more places like this in United States. I am so lonely and needed the social environment.

• 14th Feb 2014

dirty, dirty, dirty. no forks, no spoons, no knives, no dishes, you can open the window of the room from the outside.

We have our kitchen fully stocked with cooking and eating ware. Most of the guest who has private rooms take the cooked food into the room instead eating in the common kitchen room. Most cooking ware disappear into the room therefore limiting other guest from cooking in the kitchen. Also most guest DO NOT clean after they cook. The common kitchen is always clean, its people like this that ruin other guest from using the kitchen, especially when they dont clean after themselves.

For what it's worth, the place is inexpensive, close to where you need to go, and passable. I did not utilize the kitchen very often, but it's large, but may benefit from newer utensils and cookware. Room was not unclean, but the bathroom felt like it needed a vacuum and a mopping. Beds were thin, which is good if you are a back sleeper. Wifi was decent- you will get a signal, but the speeds varied depending on the time of day.

Sheets are not clean at all. Smell like humidity everything

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

We clean all linens with bleach, laundry soap and fabric softener. If the linen was not up to her standards then she should of asked one of the staff to exchange for another set of linens.

The facilities are old and there is a sort of humid smell in the room. It is crowded in the 8 people room. The transportation is good.

No hot water in the showers,kitchen close at 11pm and wi-fi connection never avaiable

We have plenty of hot shower and FREE high speed wireless internet all throughout our property. He probably got confused with another property in another city.

I just stayed for one night and this hostel is globally a good deal, if you are of course into that community / hippie atmosphere : original decoration, and close by public bus ($2) to everything you may want to do - downtown, Disney etc.. Just be aware that it's an hostel, so a few stains on the sheets, bathroom not super clean, and have your own lock..

There was only a few other people at the hostel, I was hoping for more of a party nightlife that I had come to expect from Australian east coast and the like.

Very old mattress. The hotel needs a big renovation.

Good Money valvue. We were there on a low seaseon and didnt see many other Travelers thou. Easy transport to all major parks with the bus $2. Nice helpfull staff.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Though is far from orlando ,(you should take Link 50 then 56 to this hostel) ,but I promise it is a beautiful place .I will come back .

Odd mix of a couple of travellers, along with people living there. Food thieves present. Common areas are great, but they only open at 8am, so if you're planning on heading out early you can't have breakfast. Next to impossible to get the bus to Universal Studios, along with many other areas in town. Good for Disney.

• 3rd Nov 2013

I have stayed in lots of hostels but never found such a bad one. The hostel staff was VERY RUDE. Mattresses were old and sagging not comfortable at all. There were insects in room, I think BED BUGS I was bitten many times. Will not advise anyone to stay there.

The internet signal is good! The daily room cleanliness isn't good, it looks they just collect the trash and that's it!!

The dorms cleanliness was not that good, it looks they only grab the garbage and that's it. The owner is prepared to provide most of the information you need, he's very friendly and willing to help. If you don't like pets in the house, stay on the dorms only (it's separated from the main office/kitchen), if you like it, enjoy the 2 gentle dogs the owner has usually in the main lobby. The kitchen was usually clean. The internet signal is great all over the hostel. Overall, I liked it.

I suggest give guests a breakfast, do not keep dogs on-site dining and common area, sofas and tables in common areas more appropriate, enable the recreation area by the pool and backyard. Strong point: location, wifi, price.

• 13th Oct 2013

I had my service dog and one of the dorm men was scared to death of him and it made me feel uncomfortable although I tried to demonstrate how friendly he is.

The cleanliness could be a little better, But place is good, there are market and other services next to. There is a good room to interact with other guests. The yard has a great pool, the view is great. I liked very much. I would stay there if went to Orlando again.

• 10th Sep 2013

Das Zimmer war ok. Die Matratze für meinen Geschmack etwas zu dünn. Die Toilette war Katastrophe. Die klobrille war braun und auch sonst machte das Bad keinen hygienischen eindruck. Der Betreiber war sehr nett und hat ein guten shuttel service ins disney studio und universal studios zu einem angemessenem preis. Zum schlafen reicht es......

• 10th Sep 2013

This was one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in!! The location was brilliant with shops just over the road and a bus stop right outside the front door, taking you to Disney and universal! The manager was a great help and we met a lot of new people as the atmosphere was fantastic. There was even a small open Mic and magic show put on for us on our last night which brought everyone together for a big party! I cannot fault this place, especially as it's cheap as chips!!