Palm Tree Hostel Medellin Reviews

Carrera 67 N� 48 D-63, Barrio Suramericana, Medellin, Colombia

The staff was really nice, rooms were clean. Only problem was that you couldn't close the windows so you get waken up by the traffic in the morning.

Nothing wrong with the hostel at all, but it was too far away from the touristy stuff so we moved to another hostel after a couple of days of being fed up getting lost in taxis (even with the address!)

Great little hostel with awesome, helpful and friendly staff! Very close to the Metro, shops, restaurants and grocery store. Wifi is a little wonky at times, the 8 bed dorm and common areas are smallish but the kitchen is well equipped and clean. Not a party hostel but great place to meet other travelers. Poblado area is a $10,000peso cab ride if you want . Would definitely recommend it for anyone on a short stay in Medellin.

My stay at this hostel was definititly good. Unfortunetly I had some problems regarding the money with the owners. We did not have the same opinion about the prices. So make sure, you do it, when you arrive. Apart part from that, staff was pretty nice and gave me a lot of information. Over all, the locations is awesome (three blocks away from the subway), supermarket is just around the corner, the staff was good and you could feel at home.

I only stayed for 3 nights but it was pretty good. It is located at a safe and quite area. Staff is really nice and friendly. the place seemed very quiet the atmosphere is calm, I wish there were more activities to meet more travellers at the hostel but in general I am satisfied with everything. Clean towels and Clean restrooms and it is also close to popular streets and near the metro stations.

Overall a good hostel: Plus: good kitchen, linen, HOT showers :) linen, cook your own breakfast, close to big supermarket, close to metro, helpful english speaking staff Minus: can be noisy as people sit on the terrace and if you're in bed you can hear them talking, we were supposed to have a superior room... But it was just a basic dorm room, local food restaurants are not that great... But an ok bar

I love this place! One of the best hostels we've stayed at all over South America. The staff are very friendly and help you out with bookings and directions. The hang out area is really relaxing and the kitchen is big and equipped for cooking. I liked the fact you got to cook your own breakfast in the morning. That way you could eat when you wanted, whether it was 6am or 10am and they provide yogurt, cereal, eggs and bread. The area around the hostel is great too!

The best hostel in Colombia. Awesome place, amazing staff. I've never been adviced so well on how to visit the city. This hostel has all you need. Thanks, many thanks!!

great place to stay - wonderful terrace, good atmosphere, very helpful and friendly staff. It would be nice to have a few more washrooms, though.

• 7th Oct 2014

I wouldn't dare go anywhere else than here.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Panama

Highly recommend this lovely hostel. Located a few blocks from all the bars and restaurants of la 70 and the stadium if you fancy seeing a match. Best thing for us is that it was out of the unattractive generic and expensive gringo zone of el poblado. Staff at palm tree were really welcoming.