Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Ok hostel, a little out of the way and more like a hotel. Filled with noisy school groups and families. Odd mix of people.

The hostel has very good facilities and it is always clean. Though, I stayed in the fourth floor and I almost melted all the nights. The windows are too small and definitely not enough. They should invest some money on ventilation.

• 16th Jul 2014

The staff was very smiling and welcoming , always eager to answer your questions or solve your ( minor ) problems . I was lucky to have a room on the last floor but the noise from the wooden terrace could have been a nuisance as the bar was open till very late and people stayed there chatting very late too . The rooms are very small ( I was in a 4 bed dorm ) , there is no bedside shelf with the bottom bed , which would be convenient .

• 13th Jul 2014

Palmer's lodge had a lovely welcoming and the rooms were clean. We stayed in a four female dorm. When we returned I found someone sleeping in my bed, they refused to get out and acted like it was there bed however they had threw my belonging onto the floor. I went and reported this to reception immediately and it was handled promptly and in a professional manner. The member of staff on duty even went to the trouble of changing the bedding once they had dealt with the random in the dorm.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I didn't actually stay in the end,as we decided to drive home after the concert,I have filled out this review with that in mind

• 11th Jul 2014

Lovely hostel. Very clean and modern. But we were very disappointed that as 2 female travellers who booked months in advance, we didn't get allocated the same dorm. My friend had never stayed in a hostel before and was very upset by this. Staff didn't care, said the rooms were full and there was nothing they could do about it. I would understand if it was a bigger group, but there was only 2 of us.

• 11th Jul 2014

Palmers Lodge is an awesome hostel. Always has, always will. They should really fix the firealarm though. It went off 4 times while we were there, including 2 times at night (2:05am and 5:15am) while we were sleeping. Other than that, there's no negative thing to say. If you're looking for a very (very!) clean hostel with really friendly and helpful staff, you should definitely stay at PL!:)

It would be good if upper bed has its own plug. Hostel is a bit far from underground station - 15mins walk. Other than that, overall is good!

• Malaysia

Good hostel. Easy to get to. When I was there, the place was crowded with teenagers (many groups and classes), which was a bit annoying and had a huge impact on the general atmosphere. Personally, next time I would rather look for a place with a higher average age and more mature travellers.

• Switzerland

Hostel was clean, welcoming, pleasant and convenient. I took a group of recent sixth form leavers, some of whom were very reluctant to take their first hostel experience. But they all loved it! Can't complain with comfy beds, free wifi and a 24hr communal area. Only issue was the snorer under my bunk - but i'll purchase ear plugs next time!

• 9th Jul 2014

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at. My only minor complaint is the laundry is a bit expensive (£4 to wash a load, another one or two pounds to dry) but otherwise fantastic! I was in a 22 bed room, every bunk has privacy curtains and a solid wood locker

Lovely place to stay, even though it's quite a bit off the center. Security of your luggage is good, if you bring your own locker (otherwise it also can be rented at the reception). Very basis breakfast, but now complains since it was included in the price and it's enough to have a good start in day. The showers were quite cold… Overall, it was a nice stay and I would do it again.

Great hostel for the money, would definitely return. Close to restaurants, but not really close to any of the sights.

• 5th Jul 2014

It was nice, we needed a place to rest because we were walking all day long sightseeing, and I liked it there because when you descend the curtains of your bed (we were in a dorm) nobody bothers you and you can rest and sleep really well.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Best hostel I've ever stayed at !

Great accommodation even if only one night. Distance from the city centre is the major drawback, not the place if you want to be in the centre of action. Brilliant bed, excellent bar/kitchen/dining room with great atmosphere. Better than Swiss cottage for facilities but further out.

I stayed for 2 nights at the hostel. Everything was great. Very nice people, clean rooms and a good breakfast. Hope to return.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Really a wonderful experience. I have just a few suggestions for improvement, shared only because I really got the sense that Palmers Lodge wants to be the best experience possible. There aren't enough outlets in the rooms, only one per every two people. Meant I had to sit up so my phone could charge til pretty late. Luckily very comfy lounge is available. Also, there isn't wifi in all the rooms- or at least it didn't reach my room. Felt like the subway was further away than what I was told.

• 4th Jul 2014

I stayed in two rooms, one was on the fourth floor and one was in the basement. The one on the fourth floor had no wifi connection, no access from the elevator, and extremely hot. Not to mention, on the third day the power was out.. So the room and bathroom was completely dark. The basement in the other hand was extremely stuffy but had better shower facilities (though not ensuite). Overall I would stay somewhere else. It was pretty far from the city and not worth the money you're paying.

Awesome hostel! We had such a great time...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6