Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Very good experience, thank you so much

• 20th Feb 2015

Bonjour Anthony, Merci pour tes commentaires, En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you Soon, L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

Bed's should be labelled more clearly for those that arrive to the hostel late. Love the privacy curtain and lamp with each bed. Nice environment, wish they had some fruit with breakfast. Overall I would recommend this hostel.

Extremely small rooms -even the ensuite double. You could barely move in there. Lift was too noisy and every night all you could hear after 10pm was the lift going up and down, the stuff using the vacuum cleaner and drunk people screaming. The location is the worse for someone who is visiting London as you need at least half an hour to get to city centre. WiFi was really bad and the signal was getting lost in the rooms. Breakfast too poor. At 9:30 everything was over

Great reception and awesome inclusion of breakfast and towels in the price!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Bonjour Patricia, Merci pour tes commetaires ! En espérant de te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon, L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

This location is more comfortable than other

• 10th Feb 2015

The hostel was very nice, as well as the staff. What I very appreciated is the breakfast, included in the price. On the whole, I spent a nice weekend.

• 7th Feb 2015

Bonjour Hao, Merci pour tes commentaires ! En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

It was a very nice experience. I slept in the 22 bedroom mixed dorm. The bunkbeds are nice. You don't hear to much noise, and it's nice that you can close the curtains. Free breakfast was cool. The hotel looks nice. Everything was clean and friendly. Recommend!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Bonjour Tobe, Merci pour tes commentaires ! En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon ! L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

I loved it! It was my first hostel and I will definitely come back some day! They have a cozy little bar/restaurant making it easy to hangout with all the new friends you'll be making! It's really close to the tube station, which makes it convient to travel into city center! I enjoyed the neighborhood and the staff is wonderful! I stayed in a four female dorm, it was nice!! They could supply the self service kitchen with some more pots and utensils, but other than that I had an awesome time. :)

• 3rd Feb 2015

Not for me. Rooms were smelly, toilets and shower so small very difficult to use. Appaled by my experience, when I asked for refund for remaining two nights, It was declined.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Don't stay here unless you really need a kitchen. The breakfast was the same as any hostel provides. The noise from the elevator when being used was unbelievable from the bedroom. The bathroom/shower in the room was the smallest I've ever seen. Lastly, this being out of Palmers Lodges' controll, the other people staying there were incredibly ignorant. Also caught a cold during my stay. But other than that it was great.....

• 2nd Feb 2015

shower water too cold!

The beds were great. I'd say the best hostel-bunk i've been in. Really solid frame, expensive feeling bed. It was a nice place to hang out too. I've just stayed at Keystone in Kings Cross which was awful. Palmers Lodge is miles better. The breakfast wasn't great. Bread or croissant or cereal. Some fruit would be good. I only discovered you had a lounge minutes before I was about to leave, so perhaps that could be better signposted.

When I did comment before, still same condition, no one fixed hand shower still. This is very disappointed ! But I think young western people manor is not good!

Very good ratio quality/price Cleanliness room/shower ++ Breakfast much appreciable Good general atmosphere Well located/ the bus line just in front of the hotel is very convenient Just one wrong thing : the wifi code did not work

• 31st Jan 2015

Bonjour Florent, Merci pour tes commentaires ! Concernant le wifi, il est vrai que nous avons souvent des problèmes et essayons d'y remédier. En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon ! L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

I have been staying at Palmers Lodge Hillspring for few days, and I really like it. I chose a 14 Female Room and it was a spacious bedroom with wooden bunk beds, curtained for more privacy and individual lights. The bed linen is clean and the duvets are very good. There are plenty of bathroom facilities so there is rarely a wait to use them, and believe or not there are clean at all times!! I think that the staff in reception are professional, helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is cool.

absolutely great hostel (of course with a pay). the location is kinda good, not that near or that far. the receptionists are good and helpful, except that one woman who actually kinda being not helpful. but yeah overall it was a good stay, good foods. 👍👍👍

I stayed a week here in the 14 bedroon dorm and the 4 bedroom door. The self catering kitchen was tiny and the showers would sometimes go from scalding hot to cold. Despite these things I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay here again.

Sleeping in bunk beds was horrible! The mattress felt very old. There is a recurrent noise since I arrived until I left. I could not sleep. I don't know if it comes from the lift or what it is. Apart from that the wireless did not work in my bedroom 114. I had to go outside and sit on the floor to get it. Breakfast is served too late at 7.30 instead of 7.00 as mentioned in the leaflet. I had to leave at 7.00 with no breakfast and without any rest. I would not recommend it on my worst enemy!

• 28th Jan 2015

Just some noises from the lift, disturb our sleep.

• 26th Jan 2015

This is the place to live!!! Happiness, meetings, amazing breakfast, parties and good memories guaranteed! Staff absolutely adorable as well !

• 26th Jan 2015