Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

We really like the ubication.The staff were attentive but unfortunately they are overworked,and there is no real commu nication between them,so the service was poor.During check in we were located in a mixt dorm instead a female dorm, and my locker could also be open with another guest card,so my personal belongings were compromised.The bath rooms/shower at the 1st floor were not working properly during our stay. But,the breakfast was very good, the kitchen staff keep all clean and ready.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Not a great experience. Made to wait over 40 minutes by reception before I could even check-in and that set tone for the stay. Towels I paid for were given to me dirty. Didn't expect lots but it still came poorly.

• 20th Jan 2015

Great hostel Nice breakfast

The location is on a street that's not well lit. The heat was up so high during the night I woke up in a sweat. The rooms are small and feel cramped. Stay someplace else.

Extremely helpful staff. Very pleasant location not so far from city centre by subway. Clean and cosy rooms. Tasty breakfasts included in price. great facilities. Definitely worth recommending.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • jarekhalat
  • Poland

really liked the hostel other then the beds which where not very comfortable to sleep on other then that i loved everything.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Hi there and thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you didn't find the bed that comfortable to sleep. This feedback helps us to know where we can improve our service. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards.

I like to your hostel, so I always chose your hostel. thank you ! but if possible, if I find out some facilities are broken, I always say to hotel staffs, but no fix sometimes...... I found out this time, our room 107, they didnt have no light at washstand. I told front section about it, but not fix during I stay.....or underground hand shower room has broken shower hand. hope hostel change it . it was unconvinience......I love hand shower, but it was splash everywhere....

I have stayed in this hostel 2 nights and I can say that I regret having booked for this hostel for several reasons. My main problem was with the noise being generated from the lift. In this hostel, you will not be able to get proper rest (at least on the 4th floor) since everytime someone uses the elevator it makes a huge amount of noise. Moreover, cleaning is the worst I have ever seen since in my bed there was at least 4 chewing gums that I counted stuck in my bed from previous clientes.

I realy enjoyed my staying in the hostel, it was clean, comfertable (even I was staying in a 14 bed doorms room), the stuff was nice and helpfull with a simple breakfast. The hostel is not in the city center but very close to public transportation during all the hours of the day and night! recommanded!

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Israel

Thank you for your nice comments. Hope to have you again with us!

My stay was brilliant! This place is just a very good place to stay when traveling to London. A member of staff in reception called Cass was very good and helpful, a great and cheerful welcoming to the hostel. The facilities are excellent and how clean they are makes them even better! The atmosphere is relaxing and cool. It feels safe, and if you are looking for a quiet time, there is plenty of space to enjoy that as well! Thank you!

Great hostel, a bit far from downtown London but you can easily move through the Underground or the bus. Great staff, always there to help you, it is clean spacious and safe. Definitely recommend, it is in a quiet area and guests are friendly and quiet. Cheers to everyone :D

Too far from the center, cranky desk people, no toilet in the room even though there's a shower.

Hi there. The hostel is located in Zone 2 of London, only a few minutes away from an underground station. From there, the Jubilee line gets to the city centre in less than 15 minutes. That can't be too far, depending on the desire to be in the center of the action or just relaxing in a more quiet area. The room facilities are described clearly on the website. In your case, you booked a 14 bed dorm. And we don't advertise it as having toilets or showers. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Only complaint is that the wireless at the end of the hall on the second floor is basically unusable--signal strength was too low and kept dropping entirely.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that. Depending on the device the signal might be stronger or not, but we are aware that there are some points were the coverage it's not optimal and we are looking to improve it. Kind regards

The hostel has a good value for money for London. A simple but well prepared breakfast. The showers in the basement were not working properly (the temperature kept varying all time). The lockers inside the rooms were a bit small: with good lenght and width but low height, it was not possible to put my bag inside. I found reallly practical the individual curtains and lamps in the beds.

Thank you for your review. We are aware of water temperature problem and are currently working on it. The locker provided are for valuables only so they are not supposed to fit in a full bag. We do however rent bigger lockers for £1 per day which are bigger. Regards, Palmers Lodge Hillspring

Palmerston lodge started out great... They overbooked my type of room so they gave me when private room for free. However, for the remainder, I wanted to stay in the private with a friend and they said it would be fine, that my friend could cancel without paying. Low and behold, she got charged anyway, which meant I had to make up the difference of price for the private room. Absolutely ridiculous, as London is already insanely expensive. Very disappointed.

The hostel is a quiet place to stay and to sleep. Breakfast is pretty "small": it would be great to have cheese or sausage. Otherwise you´ve got a clean, quiet low budget accomodation.

• 31st Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback. In order to keep our breakfast free we cannot really add any more stuff. We are currently now testing paid breakfast at our sister hostel so if it works well we might introduce a different option for our guests. However, it won't be free any longer. We are looking forward to see you again.

Cool hostel, good environment, clean. A little bit expensive for the services it provides in my opinion. It's not in central London, so to arrive you'll need a 16 minutes underground trip. It's 8/10 minutes walking from the metro station.

It's a very nice and clean place where to stay for few days. I loved it !

• 30th Dec 2014

Thank you for taking your time time to leave this review. It's nice to know you love us :)

Mostly, everything was fine. The curtains on the beds are nice for privacy. There were three bad things: 1. The lockers under the bed were too small for a normal bag. 2. The water temperature in the showers kept fluctuating from kinda cold to scalding. 3. The hostel is a bit out of the way. It takes about 45 minutes to get anywhere from the hostel using the underground. Don't make the American mistake that I made; a plate of "chips" is actually a plate of fries.

Thank you for leaving the review. The lockers provided in big dorms are for valuables only but we do rent bigger lockers which will fit in the whole suitcase for only £1. Also, we are aware about the water temperature issues and are currently working on it. The tube ride to central London is only 20 mins so next time please ask reception for the best travel options. Regards, Palmers Lodge Hillspring

Bathroom in 14 bed mixed door was ridiculously small. There was no room to change or even dry yourself after showering. Beds comfortable and bed curtains a bonus. Would stay again.

• 30th Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We do have more bathrooms which are bigger so next time please ask reception about them. We hope to see you again :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7