Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Will be staying here again!

• 11th Apr 2015

Best hostel I've stayed in in London. Very friendly and helpful staff, the property was very clean. Immaculate bathrooms and the beds were comfortable. Will definately use them again

Thank you very much for your kind words. Hope to see you again soon!

Wasn't particularly impressed.

I just popped in for a quick night's stay. The bed and room was fine, the food and drink were fine. Guy tending the bar was awesome, wish I knew his name, but he worked the night of March 29th. Gold star for you man. Was really quiet, which I liked. Overall, pretty good.

I stayed here altogether 7 nights in a female dorm and so far it is the best hostel Ive stayed in London. Good location and connections to central London in 20 minutes. They put a big effort on security. Staff was extremely nice and helpful, and I felt very welcome there. Palmers lodge was also very clean and the cleaning staff was nice aswell. Breakfast okay with cereal, croissant and toast. Something fresh would make it even nicer, some fruit perhaps. Thanks a million! :)

Although it was a hostel, we thought out en suite room was very small and our beds somewhat uncomfortable, leaving both of us to sleep badly in our bunk beds. The communal areas were good with good use of the wifi, and we found the staff to be most enthusiastic. the breakfast was poor with just toast, cereal and croisants

• 27th Mar 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We offer a continental breakfast (Toasts, croissants, cereals, juice, coffee, tea) as we are one of the few places in London still offering a free breakfast. We are looking into the possibility of having a better breakfast, as we do in our sister hostel, but that will require an extra charge. We still have lots of reviews liking it the way it is at the moment, but every voice counts and we thank you for your opinion. Kind regards.

It was very loud. We got good results when we called in to complain, but we had to bring it up every day. The staff was very helpful when we discovered the washing machines were both broken while I was in the middle of laundry. Breakfast doesn't count if there's no protein. And they did not have enough seating for breakfast. The kitchen did not appear to have utensils and pans available, and seemed dirty and tiny.

Hi, We are sorry to hear it was loud, but that depends of the guests of the moment. We are only one of the few places left in London to still offer a free breakfast. We are looking into the possibility of offering a better BF but with an extra charge. Sometimes the pots are left in the restaurant's kitchen as they were being cleaned and forgot to put back in the self-catering kitchen. But we'll have a close look and replace any missing utensils. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cool Hostel! Receptionists always ready to serve you!;)

• 19th Mar 2015

AWESOME place!! It was only about a 10 minute walk to the tube, and you could get straight onto the line that takes you to Big Ben, the London Eye, and Westminster Abbey without needing to switch! it was about a 25/30 minute ride, but i thought it was worth it--even with having to buy an oyster card it was still cheaper to stay here than in most other hostels! the staff is amazing, Mr. Ed and Cassandra especially helped me out and they were super friendly and sooo nice!

Excellent value for the price. A good standard hostel

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Wales

hallo I,m ashgan .tanks for eevry thing ,I be happy for any speacking.tanks

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Iran

This is an amazing hostel, in a beautiful area just a 7min walk to the metro. Its extremely clean with adequate shower and washrooms. The staff is good, they have a lounge, bar and provide decent breakfast as well. The rooms I stayed in -4Bed Mix had an amazing view, bed very comfortable, they provide towels and a secure personal locker to put in your luggage. if you have extra you can have it stored in the locker room as well.I loved my stay out here and would recommend you to blindly stay here

Someone arrived into the dorm at 2 in the morning and seemed oblivious to the other people trying to sleep around him, he turned on the lights and started unpacking his things loudly, and also snored heavily for the rest of the night. I know this is not the fault of the hostel and it comes with the territory when you share a dorm with many people. But i think maybe it would be a good idea to advice new arrivals to be aware of other guests, also keep all snorers in a seperate room!

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We do advice people to keep it down during sleep ours, it's even written down in our welcome packs. But unfortunately there's no way for us to keep people who snore separate from others that do. Most people don't even know they snore. When sharing a dorm, this is one of the downsizes you may encounter. Not everybody has the same education, culture, sleeping habits, etc. To avoid these situations we actually recommend to book a private room.

Everyday Palmers Lodge's crew Clean Every single part of hostel. It's very clean. But some noize from group at the night. but dosen't boder you. I'm sure you will like this hostel. And important Thnig is No BED BUG! perfect receptionist. very nice guys.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

The "secure luggage room" isn't even locked and anyone can just walk in, so be careful there. The rooms were alright, but if you're unlucky enough to be on the ground or underground levels your shower experience will be pretty miserable compared to those on the other floors. While I was there the girls bathrooms were being painted, which meant the only option downstairs was the mixed bathrooms which were horrible. The kitchen is way too small for the number of guests. Overall pretty average.

Hi there, The luggage room is always locked and people need to ring a buzzer in order to get access to it. Only receptionists can open that door for guests. Regards.

Had to share a room with a psychotic man which wasn't very nice - he should have been in a room by himself.

Me and my boyfriend really enjoyed our stay at hillspring! Unfortunately we had to take an earlier flight back than originally planned. Canceling our last Night was no Problem at all. Excellent work by the staff!

• 9th Mar 2015

This place was okay. Nothing special and out of the way from the main tourist attractions. If you dont mind walking a bit to the train station every day, it's fine. I stayed in my own room and I'm glad since there seemed to be several large groups of younger crowds staying together in the dorms. I'm 29 so when I say young I mean YOUNG.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Everything was fine, I love to stay there. This was the 3rd / 4th time I stay there.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Pakistan

I could not believe that they do not have sky sports. It will stop me staying at this hostel on my next trip to London. I was very disappointed so were a lot of other guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7