Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

I was thoroughly pleased with my stay at the hostel. Complimentary tea & coffee with the odd edition of Vogue floating around too. The security was great, I do think it might be beneficial to have a panic button in the bedrooms, as at night it can be a little intimidating. Not that anything happened - just in case something should happen. Also the doors to the dorm - they need like a silencer, to avoid the slamming noise at 6am in the morning.

• 4th Feb 2016

In all honesty it's a great place, in every sense, and you would be very lucky to find better value for money in London. It caters for all ages and personalities.

Broken lift sadly and I am disabled....staff did carry luggage upstairs though without me having to ask first.

• 25th Jan 2016

Overall a nice stay, but facilities could be cleaner. Staff was super helpful 24/7!

It was not at all to what it was on the website . The lining sheet is not changed!! They just put one lining sheet folded, half on the and half over to act as lining!! Poor area. No ventilation .

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Hi there, We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We change the linen once a week. Please bear in mind that this is a hostel and not a hotel. And actually, a lot of hostels don't even provide linen.

This hostel was in a bad location and it was very unclean. Food service at bar was unreliable, rooms were small and cramped and nothing like in the pictures, which were only a few renovated rooms. Lockers kept malfunctioning and there were lots of things run down about the place. Location wasn't so bad but I found out on arrival that the tube line was down for the weekend I was there. Atmosphere was not great, a weird group of people staying in this hostel and there was no sense of community

• 22nd Jan 2016

Nice suburban area if you want to get away from the city. Staff was friendly and the area felt safe. Would come here again to escape from the busy life.

Hostel is very clean (showers, bathrooms, corridors) but the big bedroom in the basement smells badly - there is no air circulation there, I guess. Warning: do not rely on the map with hostel location on this page, the map points to Willesden Lane 239, while hostel is at 233. I saw a couple of people looking for the right building. Despite this, I would recommend this hostel. Regards, C.

Some of the mens bunk rooms tend to smell a bit funky.

The place it's not than bad, but the atmosphere was so difficult, the people in my room did it a lot of noise and the looks drunk and not friendly, the hostel it's far to the center of the city

There is absolutely no delivered intention to make negative comments or lessen your reason for being, but the truth on what I think based on my personal experience must not be avoided in any way and be replaced with what you would want to hear instead. As I am sure you know, people from all walks of life come through places like yours for many different reasons and I am not exception to this rule.

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Wow, man. Cool, man. Dunno if it has something to do with a simple hostel review.. But cool, man. Peace. One love.

Facilities where good. But the staff where very creep and came into our rooms when we where in them to see how we are? That's not professional work at all, was scary and him asking where we live and what we are doing, found it suspicious how he was looking around the room. He also wasn't wearing a uniform or didn't show us a badge just walked right in, didn't feel very safe at all. Also our room was right behind the lift so all we could hear was the lift thoughout the night. Location was good

• 15th Jan 2016

This hostel is great for location , meeting people and facilities, the most impressive thing are the staff who are excellent kind regards Nigel

• 14th Jan 2016

Thank you for your kind words, Nigel! Hope to see you soon!

was not possible to get a travel cot for the little one

I have been to this hostel many times before and I have never been disappointed. i rekon that its one of the cleanest hostels in London. Also the staff are friendly and helpful and Roberto is the best !!

Thank you!! Hope to see you soon!

Entire hostel smelled of chlorine. I thought there was a hidden pool at first. And the breakfast was just toast, cereal and a croissant. Very simple, but I suppose you get what you pay for, however definitely not a Continental breakfast as advertised. Staff was friendly but not very knowledgeable. Also in my bedroom the window didn't seal properly so there was a constant draft. Kind of out of the way, but still easy to get to. However not much to do in the area.

Very helpful staff : Roberto and Tanya

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Egypt

Thank you! We'll make sure they know as they are our most recent staff members and we also think they are doing a great job :) Hope to see you soon!

Perfectly acceptable large hostel. Price was acceptable for London over New Years. Friendly and helpful staff, however the Bed was very uncomfortable. Uncommonly uncomfortable for a hostel.

• 31st Dec 2015

Ed was extremely helpful! The lady with the pink hair wasn't the most helpful but she did her job. Everyone else seemed pretty chill.

The airconditioner in our room was soooo noisy!! And I wrote an email to you and asked: Is it Possible that my friends and me can sleep in the Same room. In the Email you wrote yes, but when we arrived it wasn't possible! (We were 3 people and one friend booked in his own but the Same room category) And in every hostel i was before, was a kitchen for all people and in this Hostel not.. A good Thing were the Croissants

• 29th Dec 2015