Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

lI was booked in to the Hillspring lodge, but I was a very late arrival due to plane delays with Emirates. As they were fully booked I was transferred to the Palmers Lodge at Swiss cottage...What a beautiful building... I was greeted with a smile, my bed was made up instantly and I went to sleep fro a few hours after such a long air travel ... I can not say enough about the place the people and the free breakfast.. To all the staff ,.... thanks for every thing ... I will stay again.

• 26th Jul 2014

Apart from being a little bit further out of London this is probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Free tea and coffee all the time. Common area with a TV. Outside common area. Free wifi. Cleanest of clean bathrooms. Was definitely worth it.

• 26th Jul 2014

Was only there for two nights but found it fantastic for a short stay in the capital loved how family friendly it was and the feel about the place ! It's clean and safe and the staff were really helpful! Will be using again on my next trip to London :)!!

The advantage of this hostel is their bunk set up. The bunks are enclosed on 3 sides with a curtain across the 4th side, so you can have darkness and privacy whenever you need. Each set of bunks also had a slide-out locker with plenty of space, which was excellent. So I found the dorms really good! The free breakfast was nice, and there was a nice big dining room and a deck with dining tables and sitting area too, which were great. Downsides: showers were too dark and kitchen is very basic.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very nice stay, i will stay there again for sure.

• 23rd Jul 2014

In Summer definitely too hot. Or need more ventilators.

• 23rd Jul 2014

The hostel was good value for the money I spent. The downsides were being on the top floor (needed to walk up stairs with luggage to get there) and the room got very hot at night. Other than that it was a nice hostel and would recommend it for people looking for a place outside of the city center.

Great staff, good service, very clean facilities, loved the croissants at breakfast. Only point I had was that our room, was very warm compared to the rest of the hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Ok hostel, a little out of the way and more like a hotel. Filled with noisy school groups and families. Odd mix of people.

It was great! The bedroom was nice, the place and atmosphere were perfect and the staff was the best! I went with my family and we were all very satisfied!

I had a really pleasant stay at Palmer lodge, bunk beds are comfortable and you have your own privacy. Bathroom are clean and lots is space in the shower. Sharing a beer at the bar is easy if you don't want to go down town. Food is not exceptionnal but free breakfast is good. Thank you I had a wonderful time in London.

• 17th Jul 2014

The hostel has very good facilities and it is always clean. Though, I stayed in the fourth floor and I almost melted all the nights. The windows are too small and definitely not enough. They should invest some money on ventilation.

• 16th Jul 2014

The staff was very smiling and welcoming , always eager to answer your questions or solve your ( minor ) problems . I was lucky to have a room on the last floor but the noise from the wooden terrace could have been a nuisance as the bar was open till very late and people stayed there chatting very late too . The rooms are very small ( I was in a 4 bed dorm ) , there is no bedside shelf with the bottom bed , which would be convenient .

• 13th Jul 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review! It's always good to know the areas where we can improve to make the stay of our guests even better. We have changed the policy regarding people staying in the terrace until late because, like you mentioned, it can be disturbing for the guests. So now we close it earlier :) Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!

Palmer's lodge had a lovely welcoming and the rooms were clean. We stayed in a four female dorm. When we returned I found someone sleeping in my bed, they refused to get out and acted like it was there bed however they had threw my belonging onto the floor. I went and reported this to reception immediately and it was handled promptly and in a professional manner. The member of staff on duty even went to the trouble of changing the bedding once they had dealt with the random in the dorm.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I didn't actually stay in the end,as we decided to drive home after the concert,I have filled out this review with that in mind

• 11th Jul 2014

Lovely hostel. Very clean and modern. But we were very disappointed that as 2 female travellers who booked months in advance, we didn't get allocated the same dorm. My friend had never stayed in a hostel before and was very upset by this. Staff didn't care, said the rooms were full and there was nothing they could do about it. I would understand if it was a bigger group, but there was only 2 of us.

• 11th Jul 2014

Palmers Lodge is an awesome hostel. Always has, always will. They should really fix the firealarm though. It went off 4 times while we were there, including 2 times at night (2:05am and 5:15am) while we were sleeping. Other than that, there's no negative thing to say. If you're looking for a very (very!) clean hostel with really friendly and helpful staff, you should definitely stay at PL!:)

It would be good if upper bed has its own plug. Hostel is a bit far from underground station - 15mins walk. Other than that, overall is good!

• Malaysia

Good hostel. Easy to get to. When I was there, the place was crowded with teenagers (many groups and classes), which was a bit annoying and had a huge impact on the general atmosphere. Personally, next time I would rather look for a place with a higher average age and more mature travellers.

• Switzerland

Hostel was clean, welcoming, pleasant and convenient. I took a group of recent sixth form leavers, some of whom were very reluctant to take their first hostel experience. But they all loved it! Can't complain with comfy beds, free wifi and a 24hr communal area. Only issue was the snorer under my bunk - but i'll purchase ear plugs next time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7