Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

The staff at reception are always very helpful and welcoming.

• 15th Sep 2014

My stay here was horrific. The staff members, two in particular (one named Joelle who was especially aggressive), were extremely rude. I left feeling horrible and regretted staying there. Very, very bad experience.. Actually the worst hotel/hostel experiences I've ever had.

• 11th Sep 2014

The hostel is pretty good overall, but beware of the room B03 downstairs near the washing machines. This room is underground and has only one small window, which is almost completely obscured by a bed standing next to it. It is very dark, hot and damp because there is very little ventilation and there is a lot of moisture from the washing machines.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Everything was ok but the kitchen or self using is not very well equiped.

• 6th Sep 2014

Clean a bit more the community showers and the room's faucet is not work well. By another hand, the staff was very nice with us.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Stay in hostel was nice,but there was problem with my room.i asked for room with bath,staff says all will be done and it wasnt...so first night we stayed in shower room and next day move to bath room...not good comunnications between staff.

Excellent facilities and security. Resembles a hotel in that it has an attached restaurant. Free breakfast included, although I doubt anyone would complain if fresh fruit or yogurt was also available, even if for a small charge. Hostel seemed like it was being cleaned constantly which was impressive. It's a 10-15 minute walk to a tube station, but this allows it to be quite quiet at night and there's a grocery right near. Only thing for me was that the wifi in my room (400) was spotty.

Everything was nice except the bed that squeaking loudly with every movement, which kept me up all night.

• 4th Sep 2014

Hillspring is a nice hostel, however there were two tour groups of highschool students that showed up our second night there. One group didn't seem to have adequate supervision, and was incredibly noisy - running around and yelling in the hallways until well after midnight. Sleep is my number one priority in a hostel, and quiet is needed for sleep. The staff was great in trying to deal with this group, but unfortunately it seemed there was little they could do.

This must be one of the best hostels in London. It's not centrally located, but the facilities, friendliness, and great rooms/beds make up for that. Modern, clean, good decor, comfy bunkbeds, lockers, good showers, a bar/cafe, free breakfast! What more could you want? Would definitely recommend to anyone!

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Wales

We (I've been there with my sister) really liked our stay at palmers lodge. We stayed in the 14 bed dorm (the curtains really make a difference for the good). The stuff was helpful and fast so that when I requested a repair it was done withhin an hour. The breakfast is really simple (toast, butter, jam, croissants, tea, coffee and some weird orange juice (my opinion) I can really recommend staying there, especially because it's really hard to have a good holiday when you don't like your lodging.

• 28th Aug 2014

Had a fantastic time here. The staff were really helpful and knowledgeable. Great location as you can get easily into London. Bathroom facilities could be improved however (really small ensuites but always clean). Will come here again. Thanks guys!

I only had 2 staff members which were great and super nice. The other ones were kind of rude. Beware the pictures online. The place is very clean and the washrooms are very clean also, but the place is not as bright and open as the website makes it look online. It's actually quite a dark place. Large lockers available at £1 per day if you are in a large room. Smaller rooms come with a big locker (key card access).

Nice clean hostel and big secure lockers for storage. However, it is a little far from the city centre (good if you want a quiet hostel) and while they say there is a restaurant it was never actually open to hostel guests (there were always private events on). Very annoying when there aren't many restaurants around. The staff never mentioned there's a 5pound fee if you loose your key, I dropped mine literally as I was checking out and the staff demanded I pay for it...bad way to end the stay.

Good location, easy to get to from Underground station, good bar, common rooms and quality service from staff. Clean, has all the facilities you need. Good, free wifi connection on main floor, but not in the hostel rooms in the basement. The breakfast included was boring and very unhealthy, but that is my only complaint.

Stayed here for 1 night after coming back from thailand. Pretty standard hostel with everything you need really. Would recommend

I was overall very pleased with my stay. The room was tiny, but we all knew eachother so it was fine. The location was a bit far away from attractions, but the tube was easy to use. The croissants in the morning were amazing!!

• 20th Aug 2014

Is the 2nd time i've been there and i felt really confortable

• 20th Aug 2014

Great hostel, everything was well thought for the comfort of travelers. It's an cross between hostel and hotel. I really enjoyed my stay there and would really recommend. Such a shame it's not a bit closer to the tube, especially as it's on the Jubilee line and not a bigger line. But great nonetheless!

A decent hostel with very friendly staff. Probably a pretty good price for what it was, compared to most other hostels in London, although it was at least 15-20 mins by train to get into the centre of the city. The kitchen was tiny and had hardly any pots, pans and utensils for people to use. There was also only one tiny little fridge which is pretty ridiculous considering how big the hostel is!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7