Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

The hostel is a fairly loud place. We shared our hallway with a class of teenagers and they were terribly annoying, but the hostel staff did what they could to get them to quiet down. Still, if you're looking to get some rest in a quiet place, you should probably book elsewhere.

• 14th Nov 2014

I loved the common spaces and the room! The bunk beds were nice and comfortable, plus the rooms have a safe opened by card which makes it nice and safe. The only thing, bathrooms and showers are common for male/female, and for such a huge hostel I was a bit surprised.

All excellent except it would be useful to have soap on sale at reception. Excellent location, safe and friendly atmosphere. Definitely staying again!

• 14th Nov 2014

A bit away from the city center but overall a great hostel. I love the furniture and lockers in the rooms, and I loved the decor in the common areas. My only complaint is that the entire building was SO HOT! We wanted to spend more time at the bar, but we ended up just staying in the room with our window open. Despite this, my boyfriend and I loved our stay here! Super awesome staff!

would be nice to have more toilets and showers, maybe also separate female and male facilities and a bigger self catering kitchen! definitely. this kitchen is too small for such a big hostel...

my uncle stay here for two nights its was awesome

• Pakistan

Very loud tenants and the staff seemed to care very little about it. Private rooms underground.

• Greece

Hello, We do care and very much if guests are making noise and disturbing the peace. As the building is very big sometimes it's really difficult to know if there's noise in a particular room. But we do have a reception open 24 hs and dedicated for this kind of issues. We welcome our guests to come to the front desk and report any problems they might experience. Kind regards

I really enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge. The facilities are good, the staff very friendly and helpful and the room was clean. Thank you - I'm going to come back! :)

• 10th Nov 2014

I just spent one night in the Hostel, but it was really great. The location is really good (less than 20 minutes you are in the city center) and the staff is nice. The rooms are clean! I liked also the breakfast there, it's simple, but it's good! I will come back :)

• 10th Nov 2014

Very clean. Good location (close to the Willesden Green metro station, about 25 min to Green Park station) . Very private beds. Good breakfast!

• 8th Nov 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. Staff were great and facilities were fantastic. Thanks!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great place and a greater staff, expecially Kevin! Well done kiddo!

• 7th Nov 2014

Great hostel, nicely out of the busy city centre and fantastic facilities in the room I stayed in (10 bed dorm). Possibly the bar could be open later or the breakfast a little more substantial - I found the "only 1 croissant per person rule" amusing in my half-asleep state! :) - but broadly speaking it was the best place I've stayed in London for a while!

I came here on a small trip for work and being through many hostels this one was pretty disappointing. Although i liked the privacy with the curtains in the rooms, it stinks like a foot as soon as you step in.. have been scratching insanely from unknown bug bites so beware! bathrooms seem to be cleaned often so i'll give them that. Staff was a bit rude because apparently you can't bring your mug? and the lame excuse for a "kitchen" was two electric heaters and dirty pans :( Disgusting..

No heating in the room, poor breakfast. Never again.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hello, Apologies for any inconvenience caused. But we need to point out that we do have heating in the rooms. In fact, some people are complaining that it might be too hot for moments. Next time, please approach a receptionist and we can solve it straight away for you. As for the breakfast, we know that some people complain about it even though it's free. That's why we are looking into the possibility of bringing a more complete breakfast but charging guests for it. Kind regards.

It is one of the few hostels in London that provides free breakfast, which is fine for me. It is a big hostel, so it's difficult for you to meet and talk to other travelers. I wish there were some pans and pots in the kitchen, so that guests could cook their own food! The bathrooms and toilets are always clean. :)

Hi there and thank you for your review, We are very sorry to hear about the missing pots and pans in the self catering kitchen. It might just happened that they were being cleaned at the moment. Hopefully you can visit us once again and find all the necessary kitchen elements to cook that we provide. Kind regards

I stayed at Palmers Lodge Hill Spring for one night and it was very nice. My room was on the ground floor easy to access and the staff were welcoming and helpful. The outdoors sitting area is very nice and it has a refreshing view of nature.

The 1st night was awfull. People were shouting and screaming. They closed the door really loudly. The toilets were very very very very dirty.... Too much light could get into our room by the window above the door. The second night was better. Less noise. The toilets were ok. But you have to do something for the light... Actually i found it expensive for a youth hostel even if the atmosphere (décoration,staff, ) is quite pleasant.

• Belgium

Personally i thought that the restaurant and bar were a bit expensive.

• India

Great staff they were all really friendly and quick to help. Other than it being a little bit out of the way, would defiantly recommend this place to people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7