Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Clean, easy to access, good layout, friendly staff, value bar and food, good value

I don't know how this property got a high rating in the first place. It took 3 hours to correctly check in due to double bookings and room mix ups. It location is well out of the way. Was suppose to stay 5 nights but only stayed one and when I went to cancel my raining nights due to the lack of quality I ran into they would not refund any of the already paid for nights. I moved to st Christopher's hammersmith for less money and it offers a completely superior package.

• 25th Sep 2014

I have nearly 6 weeks booked and made a point of booking a bottom bunk but it seems no heed is taken. I have to keep checking out and checking to get a bottom bunk. Its really annoying as it means packing up, putting all my stuff in a locker, then checking back in again.

• 23rd Sep 2014

It was much further away from the station that I thought it would be. I also was surprised by the lack of plug sockets in my 4 bed room, there was only sockets available for those on the lower beds and as I was on a top bunk that made it difficult to charge my phone.

We booked a twin room and ended up with two tiny bunk beds. I have a bad back and my friend doesn't like heights so this didn't really work. When I asked if we could have a double bed we were told there was nothing left. You couln't swig a cat in the room. You should not put bright airy pictures on your website if it does not look like that and certainly you should say if you are booking bunk beds!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Malta

Hi there, We are sorry to hear that you didn't like the room. It is true that all of our Twin Rooms are equipped with bunk beds. This is very common in the hostels world, unlike the hotels. But we also offer other types of rooms such as the Double Rooms or the Executive Private Rooms. We do apologize if we couldn't gave you any other options but we would have done it happily and without hesitating if we did have the availability. Kind regards.

It is a nice hostel. It is really not far from the center. You walk about 7 - 8 minutes to the subway and from there you're in 15 minutes in the centre. Subways go frequently. The rooms where clean. The lockers were good in the rooms. The floor in the shower was sometimes a little dirty. But that's minor. I would definitely come back again.

• 19th Sep 2014

Not good if looking for private room, too small

• Poland

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you didn't like your room too much, maybe because the Twin Rooms have bunk beds and not everyone likes it. We understand that so we are happy to mention that we also have other very nice private rooms that might have suited you best, such as the Executive Private Ensuite. They are more spacious and comfortable. Hope you can give us another chance and come back soon! :)

Absolutely love Palmers Lodge at Willsden Green. Great Atmosphere and it is very clean.The staff are very attentive and there is a free breakfast in the morning. The hostel is in Zone 2 so very central and u can go on the Jubilee Line (fast) to Zone 1. I can highly recommend this Hostel.

• 19th Sep 2014

Hi there and thank you for your kind words! We are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us and hope to see you again soon!! :)

It has an excellent location, with great staff and clean rooms and bathrooms.

• 18th Sep 2014

My first hostel experience was perfect thanks to the Palmers Lodge!

• 16th Sep 2014

Awww, that's very sweet of you!! We hope you can come back soon!!! :)

The staff at reception are always very helpful and welcoming.

• 15th Sep 2014

Thank you for your kind words. The customer service is really important to us and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Hope to see you again soon!!

All the staff were very helpful but special mention to Eli who was just amazing

The atmosphere was really nice and staff was so much kind, polite and helpful for anything you need. The kitchen was useful for people who can't stay without italian pasta for more than two days , like me, and toilets were clained about 5 times each day. Bad thing? One week seems so short there. I'll come back soon

• 14th Sep 2014

And we hope to see you again soon too!!! :) Thank you very much for your kind words.

I arrived at Luton airport. It was easy to get to the lodge. It is very quiet area I like it. Breakfast was simple but enough. Bathroom was always clean. The room was small but it was functional locker with the key card.

WE WERE GIVEN A BASEMENT ROOM, WITH BAR WINDOWS ON THE STREET LEVEL, WITHOUT KNOWING THIS AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. PERSONNEL REFUSED TO ACCEPT VALIDITY OF THIS POINT, SAYING THEY COULD NOT KNOW THE EXACT ROOM AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. I FIND THIS INVALID AND UNACCEPTABLE. THEY CLAIM SYSTEMS LIMITATIONS, I SAY SYSTEMS ARE BUILT BY PEOPLE AND STRATEGIES. THIS WAS REALLY BAD, I WOULD NEVER HAVE ACCEPTED TO STAY IN THE BASEMENT. SERIOUS PLUMBING ISSUES.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Cyprus

All the staff amazing and very helpful especially Eli behind the bar who us all ways smiling

The hostel is pretty good overall, but beware of the room B03 downstairs near the washing machines. This room is underground and has only one small window, which is almost completely obscured by a bed standing next to it. It is very dark, hot and damp because there is very little ventilation and there is a lot of moisture from the washing machines.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Everything was ok but the kitchen or self using is not very well equiped.

• 6th Sep 2014

Clean a bit more the community showers and the room's faucet is not work well. By another hand, the staff was very nice with us.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Stay in hostel was nice,but there was problem with my room.i asked for room with bath,staff says all will be done and it wasnt...so first night we stayed in shower room and next day move to bath room...not good comunnications between staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7