Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

The hostel is expensive compared to hostels in other countries, but seems reasonably priced for London. It's a bit out of the way, but we spent every day in the city center so we weren't running back and forth, which made it easier. The staff was helpful in holding our bags after we checked out until we went to the airport. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. Curtains on the beds made them feel very private. Overall a good hostel, just nothing fancy.

• 14th May 2015

This was a wonderful hostel. The staff here was extremely nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• 13th May 2015

The staff was useless. They spent more time mucking about with each other than working. One took my bag from the room without notifying me so for 30 minutes I thought someone had stollen my bag marked with my name on it. Their in-room lockers are too small to fit anything. The laundry is over priced and doesn't work. THEY ALLOW CHILDREN despite their being an unattended bar most of the day. There is nothing in this part of London. Nothing. Everything closes at 6 and the locals keep to themselves

• 11th May 2015

Hi there, When we took the bag from the room it was misplaced in a bed that wasn't assigned to you. As the bag was unpacked it looked more likely as someone who checked out left it there by mistake. I explained you why it was removed and asked if you had your welcome pack where room and bed are clearly written and your response was "I couldn't be bothered" also you showed me the tag but there was no name. Laundry does work. There are shops,restaurants, supermarkets and pubs open till late

Great hostel with great and helpful staff. I asked to change rooms after three days and the staff were really good about it. The rooms are clean and the bar is nice. Right at the end of Zone 2 which is very good for the price. Loved it! Probably my favourite London Hostel!!!

Very helpful. Room was good, clean and the bed very comfortable. Enjoyed our stay and would return.

• All Female Group, 41+

The staff on reception were very helpful with a friendly attitude. The accommodation was clean and the bunk beds were sturdy with easy to climb ladders. My only comment is that the one bed in the 4 girls dorm that I stayed in did not have any extra storage space in the form of a shelf at the end of the bunk. The room I was in overlooked the bar/restaurant so was a little noisy at night - I imagine this would be worse in summer. The breakfast was basic but good.

• 8th May 2015

I spent three nigts at Hillspring Hostel and I must say that it is a pretty decent place. I liked: locker at my room, awesome beds (4-pers. dormitory), big windows, sink at room, omnipresent smell of chlorine (that indicated clean and disinfected bathrooms), very nice and helpfull staff, phone chargers. Could be better: breakfast - it was very minimalistic and I would pay more for some fruits and vegetables, information about getting back to the airport in the morning was very different.

• Poland

I stayed for a week. There was also a german group of schoolteenagers visiting who made every evening loads of noice in the corridor until 1am. 2nd morning I informed at the reception who were the leaders of this group, the friendly nightguard replied that the he should be the one to correct the kids and that he had checked at 23.30, and since then not again. If they were noisy again I could call him... and spent my money to call him to inform about noise!! Grrr, he should just check! Slept bad!

The staff was really great and the place was clean. For just needing somewhere to sleep and keep your belongings it is perfect. Also great to have free lockers inside the rooms. No complaints would definitely recommend.

Hostel was average. Room was ok and bed was comfortable and had clean bedding. water in showers, not warm enough. Wifi in our room was extremely poor. Getting to the home tell was a nightmare, being new in London did not help. Breakfast was below average.

• 1st May 2015
  • Botswana

Sorry to hear you didn't have a great stay with us. It's strange what you mention about the showers as most of the reviews point the opposite. The WiFi is meant to work perfectly in the entire building. Please, if you encounter a problem with connectivity, just notify our staff about it, they can solve it in a matter of minutes just by resetting the access points. And the directions to the hostel are very easy to follow, we even have maps on our website. It's only 5-7 min away from the station.

Having not staying in a B&B for 20 years I thought this was great! The rooms were a little small and the curtains didn't cover the window, but the beds were very comfortable. The staff were friendly and the washing facilities were kept nice and clean. Although it was a surprise having men and women sharing shower and toilet facilities. This hostel is in a great position, very near the underground station and a nice street full of food shops etc. I would definitely recommend it! :)

• 30th Apr 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

This is one of the better hostels I have stayed in. It feels comfortable and safe the PPl are really friendly. The walls can be a little bit thin and the food is plain, but at least they have food. The kitchen is in an awkward spot but still usable. Other than that it's simple but it's nice. I would stay here again.

• 27th Apr 2015

One staff member was particularly rude! His attitude was more like we were inconveniencing him.

• 25th Apr 2015

Hi there, We're sorry to hear that. We are going to investigate further and making sure that all of our staff members are following our policy of making our guests feel just like at home. We are aware that there was a minor problem with your booking and because of that we gave you a 30% discount. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards.

Room is Quite cheap and Mostly Staff are friendly and helpful! cleaning did their job but seem they prefer to pay attention in common area not much in room where guest stay so need to improve them about room cleaning and concern things in room. Bar is very ok with a pool and plenty of sitting area for dinner and hang out with ppl and TV , music and chef and kitchen there was very ok as well. Safety is very good with key card for room , locker in some room etc. for this time.

It was a little bit out of the way from the main sights to see in London. Rooms were not as clean as I would like them. A fitted sheet on the bed would be nice. Too noisy, you were able to hear peoples conversations in the hall way and other people getting ready. I stayed in two rooms: four bedroom private, nice but a little small for four people. The best part was the individual lockers. The other room I stayed in was a twin private- was supposed to be one bed but they gave us bunk beds.

• 24th Apr 2015

Hi there, We are sorry to hear that you didn't have the stay wished for. The twin rooms are, in every hotel or hostel, two beds and not one. If you are looking for one bed only you need to book a Double Room or Single Room. Kind regards.

Idealy placed as we were going to Wembley stadium,staff were helpful and it was good value for money.

• 19th Apr 2015

Graeme hostel with good facilities. And 5 minutes from tube. :). We had a good stay

just as good as it always is! best hostel out there!

The bveds were comfortable and the rooms nice and clean, the staff absolutely awesome, and the service great. I was very happy with my stay and have recommended this hostel to other people!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Been here many times before and will be back again...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7