Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Palmers Lodge treated me better than well! I really enjoyed my stay. The staff and the atmosphere in the hostel is great. The location is peaceful and you can find the place near the tube station and with many bus stops nearby so moving around is rather easy. The beds are comfortable and even when not staying in a single room they offer you privacy and sweet dreams. Thank you so much guys, stay awesome! ♥

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Finland

I stayed 4 nights at this hostel including weekend and changed room three times ( but I knew it before booking), 2 rooms of 4 and one of 10 people. Despite the fact that the hostel was fully booked the hostel was a very quite, very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly all of them could speak several languages. £20 per night is very cheap for London, the tube station was just 5 minutes walk away.

• 16th Oct 2014

Big dormitories, can get noisy... Often big busses bringing groups for the night : not really respectful or friendly with others who came alone. Older clients than an average backpack. A bit far from the train station if rainy day Great facilities (restaurant, bar, internet, power point, lockers...) Clean and well maintained

This is my first time in staying in a hostel just trying to experience it first hand since i being an owner myself of a hostel in my country namely 1 River Central and Stone House. I certainly enjoyed the place. If you are young adventurous and would like to meet other backpacker then this is the place to be. the place might not be in the city centre but it is close to the TUBE station and the nightly bus is just in front of the Hostel. So if you plan to go out at night no problem .

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

They cleaned the bathrooms and floors very well but with a kind of bleach and the smell I didn't like. When I was there there were a lot of groups of students, so very noisy. If you look for a small and intimate hostel this hostel will not the one you would like to stay

Excellent atmosphere, staff are very kind and attentive! If I have to come back to London I already know where I will stay!!

• 11th Oct 2014

Great for school trips not so much for backpackers.

perfect location for a trip to wembley, both wembley park and willdens green on same jubilee underground line

• 9th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

My staying at Palmers Lodge Hillspring was great! I was really happy about the cleanliness of the hostel and the staff's friendliness. My 4-bed mixed room was a bit small, however it was cosy and quite silent at night. The restaurant served good food and the small pub can offer some good drinks and the possibility to play billiard and darts. And finally, the possibility to meet interesting people from all the world. A really nice experience!

• 6th Oct 2014

Staff fantastic very helpful and friendly bar staff made you feel very welcome.

Room's were far too small, smaller than advertised on the website, and where located in a dark basement with cloudy and dirty windows. There where bugs all over the walls too.

• 4th Oct 2014

I stayed here for eight consecutive nights and found it to be one of the best-run hostels I've ever stayed in. - Staff members are very friendly and helpful, especially Cass and Kevin at reception. - Cleaners do a fantastic job in ensuring that such a big hostel is kept in very good condition. - Complimentary breakfast is better than many other places. - Bunk beds are among the best I've ever seen. - Secure cupboards are fantastic. - Lounge and bar are really nice places to relax.

it was a great experience to spend this vacation in your hostel

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Egypt

Best hostel I've stayed at! Definitely planning on coming back. Awesome atmosphere and amazing staff. Tommy and Mr. Ed were especially friendly and useful in helping me make the most of my trip to London. I would have gotten lost so many times without them. Thanks for an fantastic stay :)

I was travelling in a large group and we all had different arrival and departure times. The staff was very accommodating with check-in and check-out. Also, they gave great information and tips on things to do in the city, as well as offering discount tickets for major attractions. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, and I was never worried about my safety. From start to finish the entire experience was a very comfortable and pleasant one.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Thanks for welcoming us so warmheartedly at the registration ( young gentleman from Spain). We stayed in room 300 ? and we would have appreciated two glasses for toothbrushing and a storage place under the mirror in the bathroom. It seems that the broken glas had not been repaired, it was simply missing. Nevertheless thanks and we'll come back. G. Momberg-Greschke

• 2nd Oct 2014

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is 25min from London centre, tube is a 10min walk away. Bus 206 stops outside the hostel, but you will likely have to jump on a connecting bus to your destination. The cleanliness stood out most: facilities are kept in immaculate condition. The beds were comfortable and sheets were very clean and fresh smelling. Breakfast free but expect only 1 croissant and some toast n cereal. Great value at £22 a night for a 4-bed dorm

Clean, easy to access, good layout, friendly staff, value bar and food, good value

there's a guy working in the kitchen that is the rudiest person i've ever met in a hostel. the fridge would be ok for a flatshare with 4 tenants, not for a hostel with (i guess) 100 beds or more. the kitchen has no real fires but just two creepy electric cookers that will frustrate you to death. stability of internet connection could be improved. other stuff is ok.

People here seems to act as they would do if being at home. Very quickly you will feel to be in a team. Not any other hostel I have been in London was that much tidy and clean. Most of the staff is perfect and for the rest..forgive and forget :)

• 25th Sep 2014