Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

I could not believe that they do not have sky sports. It will stop me staying at this hostel on my next trip to London. I was very disappointed so were a lot of other guests.

Great location, but a bit noisie.

• 1st Mar 2015

Mold in the room, which they then "cleaned", but I mean it is still underneath the wallpaper and in the wall; stuff seemed not very helpful when telling there is mold in the room. booked a superior double private room and the bathroom was not as shown on the pictures on the website. instead of a tiled bathroom, it was a plumbing unit. poor part of the city - there i nothing but poor shops. computers were not working - so we had to wait to get into our room, because we could not get a key card

• 1st Mar 2015

Small rooms, if you're a traveller like myself this hostel has more families than others so it's a different hostel atmosphere.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. The size of the rooms depends on the type of room. Some of them are much bigger than others. Even though there was a more laid back/relaxed mood and maybe more families than usual during the winter months, during the warmer months the atmosphere is completely different. There's more of a party vibe in the high season. Hope you can comeback then to see it for yourself! :)

There should be a paid option for breakfast.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

The four person rooms are extremely tiny. Very diffucult to move around. The water pressure in the showers is also not the greatest. The location is pretty far from everything else but you there is a close tube stop. The staff is very very helpful! The free breakfast is really good!

In the pictures the place looks more modern than how it actually is.There was a lot of humidity in the air all over the place,it was the same smell as when you enter a pool in a gym.I stayed in a 4beds room and I was happy to realise we had our own sink.The toilets are shared between male and female guests which doesn't give you a lot of privacy tbh and the shower was not particularly clean when I used it.The wifi did not work at any time.My friend spent all night sneezing and crying due to dust

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. Our pictures are real and show exactly how the place looks. We are sorry if you felt deceived somehow. That smell can be from the bleach, as our housekeepers clean the bathrooms 5 times a day. The Wifi signal is very strong throughout the hostel as we have repeaters in every floor. So it was probably the case where it just needed a reset. And we have a female and male only bathrooms located in the basement. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We enjoyed so much the journey, the hostel was very good, the atmosphere was nice and there was nice people too. The staff was very helpfull and I fall in love with Cass!

• 26th Feb 2015

very friendly staff. the dining area and bar was a nice area to just chill and make new friends :)

This hostel has impressed me since I first stayed here last year. Very safe and clean. Felt very comfortable here. Thanx.

Very good experience, thank you so much

• 20th Feb 2015

Bonjour Anthony, Merci pour tes commentaires, En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you Soon, L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

Excellent place, despite it being a busy hostel its still peaceful & quiet (unless you're looking for the party type areas then the lounge & bar are perfect for that). Very very clean, firm comfortable beds, and staff are very friendly & cooperative. Oh yeah, good water pressure, plenty of toilets & showers, and tea/coffee available free all day + a good old breakfast in the morning. I loved my stay here.

• 17th Feb 2015

Lovely place to stay. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

Bed's should be labelled more clearly for those that arrive to the hostel late. Love the privacy curtain and lamp with each bed. Nice environment, wish they had some fruit with breakfast. Overall I would recommend this hostel.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We are thinking of the possibility to offer a better breakfast, just like we do in our sister hostel in Swiss Cottage. Unfortunately we would have to charge for it to cover the costs so we are still thinking how we can implement it. Hope to see you soon!

Extremely small rooms -even the ensuite double. You could barely move in there. Lift was too noisy and every night all you could hear after 10pm was the lift going up and down, the stuff using the vacuum cleaner and drunk people screaming. The location is the worse for someone who is visiting London as you need at least half an hour to get to city centre. WiFi was really bad and the signal was getting lost in the rooms. Breakfast too poor. At 9:30 everything was over

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience in our hostel. According to your reservation, you stayed in a Twin Room Ensuite, which is a private room with bathroom and a Bunk Bed. The Double Ensuite is bigger as it has a double bed. The WiFi signal is very strong as we have repeaters in all the floors. When it's not working properly is because the repeater needs to be reset. The breakfast ends at 10am. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Great reception and awesome inclusion of breakfast and towels in the price!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Bonjour Patricia, Merci pour tes commetaires ! En espérant de te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon, L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

This location is more comfortable than other

• 10th Feb 2015

The hostel was very nice, as well as the staff. What I very appreciated is the breakfast, included in the price. On the whole, I spent a nice weekend.

• 7th Feb 2015

Bonjour Hao, Merci pour tes commentaires ! En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

It was a very nice experience. I slept in the 22 bedroom mixed dorm. The bunkbeds are nice. You don't hear to much noise, and it's nice that you can close the curtains. Free breakfast was cool. The hotel looks nice. Everything was clean and friendly. Recommend!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Bonjour Tobe, Merci pour tes commentaires ! En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon ! L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

I loved it! It was my first hostel and I will definitely come back some day! They have a cozy little bar/restaurant making it easy to hangout with all the new friends you'll be making! It's really close to the tube station, which makes it convient to travel into city center! I enjoyed the neighborhood and the staff is wonderful! I stayed in a four female dorm, it was nice!! They could supply the self service kitchen with some more pots and utensils, but other than that I had an awesome time. :)

• 3rd Feb 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a good time with us :) Sometimes the pots are left in the restaurant's kitchen as they were being cleaned and forgot to put them back in the self-catering kitchen. But we'll have a close look and replace any missing utensils. Hope you can come back soon!