Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Kept waiting needlessly when checking in. Toilets hard to flush. Bland breakfast.Room far too hot. Robbed in the shower by a professional thief. Reception couldn't be bothered to check if anything was handed in. Outer gate security a joke. The place is full of the loud,the vapid and the entitled: best avoided!

Very clean, updated hostel. doesn't even feel like a hostel at times! Would highly recommend. Stayed in 4 bed mixed dorm

• 9th Jun 2015

Good hostel, the staff especially were fantastic. They were always super friendly and helpful. The hostel was clean and they clean the bathrooms at least 5 times a day which is nice. The showers sucked though. I tried three different showers and one had water pressure so high it felt like it was going to tear my skin off and the other two would constantly change temperature so it would go from warm to boiling hot to cold every 3 minutes or so. A little far from the tube.

Second time of staying here whilst attending the summer time ball. Great hostel - staff very friendly . Excellent location - just 5/10 min walk to tube station . Breakfast included - basic but free so you can't really grumble! Will be staying again next time we go to the summer time ball !!

• 6th Jun 2015

great hostel

The stay was great! Your staff including the receptionists and Dennis in the restaurant were so nice and really helpful.

• 30th May 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Everything was really clean, they cleaned the bathrooms every 5 hours and the staff was very friendly. I only used the same shower but it had amazing water pressure. The breakfast is only toast and cereal so some people might not like that but since that's what I normally eat anyway I was perfectly happy.

Need better ventilation in the bath rm & sleeping area. Need more counter space, hooks in the bath rm.

Excellent hostel. Immaculately clean (seriously the cleaning staff were constantly going). In a pretty nice neighborhood a few minutes away from the subway. I found it alone at 2am. A bit out of the city but not super far, best if you plan to pack up and stay in the city all day. The dorm I was in did have curtains and lights in each bunk. In the evening, the burgers you can buy from the bar are excellent. A really nice option if you're hungry in the evening or didn't find dinner in town.

Great location - 10 mins walk from tube station and the surrounding area was nice. The hostel itself was welcoming, nice staff, plenty going on and leaflets advertising what to do in London. Our room was nice - very clean and we had everything we needed. Felt safe and felt at home :-)

• 26th May 2015

The hostel is very easy to reach via tube. Only thing that bothered me was that there is no private bathroom for the 14-bed female dorm meaning that you have to use the communal toilets in the hall right next to the bar that EVERYONE uses. There are only three showers (in the basement) and the water pressure is crazy (you could probably loose an eye). It's also really loud at night. For one or two nights it was okay, but I wouldn't recommend it for longer stays.

• 21st May 2015

Great overall but too small kitchen and only one fridge for hundreds of people, not ok.. Noisy out to the coridoor.

Very comfy, bed feels like your own private room. Showers .. went from super hot to ice cold in a matter of seconds. But got over it, breakfast was a crossaint and toast. Staff was super chill and Wilsden Green is a pretty cool town with little shops and food from around the world. 5 minute walk to the tube.

There was a school party staying on our floor and they were very noisy, shouting in the corridors, so this was quite stressful. The doors to the rooms are also very noisy.

The hostel is expensive compared to hostels in other countries, but seems reasonably priced for London. It's a bit out of the way, but we spent every day in the city center so we weren't running back and forth, which made it easier. The staff was helpful in holding our bags after we checked out until we went to the airport. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. Curtains on the beds made them feel very private. Overall a good hostel, just nothing fancy.

• 14th May 2015

This was a wonderful hostel. The staff here was extremely nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

The staff was useless. They spent more time mucking about with each other than working. One took my bag from the room without notifying me so for 30 minutes I thought someone had stollen my bag marked with my name on it. Their in-room lockers are too small to fit anything. The laundry is over priced and doesn't work. THEY ALLOW CHILDREN despite their being an unattended bar most of the day. There is nothing in this part of London. Nothing. Everything closes at 6 and the locals keep to themselves

• 11th May 2015

Hi there, When we took the bag from the room it was misplaced in a bed that wasn't assigned to you. As the bag was unpacked it looked more likely as someone who checked out left it there by mistake. I explained you why it was removed and asked if you had your welcome pack where room and bed are clearly written and your response was "I couldn't be bothered" also you showed me the tag but there was no name. Laundry does work. There are shops,restaurants, supermarkets and pubs open till late

Great hostel with great and helpful staff. I asked to change rooms after three days and the staff were really good about it. The rooms are clean and the bar is nice. Right at the end of Zone 2 which is very good for the price. Loved it! Probably my favourite London Hostel!!!

Very helpful. Room was good, clean and the bed very comfortable. Enjoyed our stay and would return.

• 8th May 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

The staff on reception were very helpful with a friendly attitude. The accommodation was clean and the bunk beds were sturdy with easy to climb ladders. My only comment is that the one bed in the 4 girls dorm that I stayed in did not have any extra storage space in the form of a shelf at the end of the bunk. The room I was in overlooked the bar/restaurant so was a little noisy at night - I imagine this would be worse in summer. The breakfast was basic but good.

• 8th May 2015