Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

I would totally recommend it if you don't mind spend about 20 minutes to get the city centre. The only cons I can remind are the high temperature there were in the room and the toilet (considering it was winter, I didn't carry in my luggage summer clothes, so I almost melt while sleeping in a winter pyjama) and the lack of wall sockets to charge cameras and phones (nowadays, it's a must). In a shared room, everybody would like to charge their phones at night, so there should be some adaptors.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • kaede8
  • Spain

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback, We apologies about the room temperature, I have reported this issue to my maintenance team. We usually provide 2 sockets per bed, unfortunately all plugs in UK are the same therefore if you are traveling from outside you will need to bring an adapter or you can buy one from our reception. We hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

great hostel! a bit far from the city but so clean and staff is so nice!

Dear Guest Thank you for the review and feedback, Please come and visit us again in the future. Regards Reception P.L Team

location is a bit far from metro, and the corresponding metro takes 15mins from London city centre. But nice staff, both before and after my stay. Quick responses on email, I really appreciated their work.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • China

Reception staff are slow. (Morning of 31/12 - female staff member) Myself and two Japanese girls waited for almost 15mins (clearly waiting to check out) before we were told we just needed to hand our cards in.

• 31st Dec 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights and it was very fun. Nothing wrong about it. They have this fun scavenger hunt game around London and if you complete it you get a free meal or drink. Worth it! Good time.

Was a little pricey but then again it was right after Christmas so I guess that's expected.

Fantasic living,cheap ,clean, comfortable.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • China

Overall it was absolutely fine. One idea for improvement (actually, a small claim) : Concerning room B01, the facilities next room - it was very disturbing during the night that the two hand dryers are mounted to the wall between facilities and room B01. You can test yourself pls, when the dryers are operated, it is really loud in B01, as the wall transmits the noise. Perhaps you can change that by mounting the dryers somewhere else or isolate them from the wall.

Poor breakfast, unfriendly stuff quite loud and noisy. Would not recomend to stay here.

Really clean. Really good atmosphere.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Very safe in what seemed a nice neighbourhood. A short tube trip to the city which if you plan to spend a day in without going back frequently is fine. Each room has their own individual RFID lockers per person so your belongings are close at hand and safe. Carpeted floors which are kind of gross for a hostel in my opinion but impeccable shared bathrooms and showers.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was very helpful. Bathrooms were well kept and our trash can was emptied out regularly. All in all, it was a good stay.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Romania

Hi there, Thank you for your words. Hope to see you with us soon! Kind regards

Everything about the hostel itself was very good indeed. The problem I had - which isn't the hostel's fault - is that one of the guys in my dormatory was a maniac, crawling around on the floor at 2am with all the lights on. He even tried to lift the end of my duvet. I couldn't sleep, obviously, so felt rotten in the morning. Not the hostel's fault, but I doubt I'll stay in a hostel ever again!

• 26th Nov 2013

Overall great place to stay for short duration, value-4-money & cool back-packer vibe Pros - 1) Decent location; connectivity by Tube and Bus is good 2) Staff is efficient and smart 3) Guests are a well traveled and well read lot Cons - 1) Bike Shed - Restaurant & Bar is a real downer. Bad food, poor choice of beers/wines, boring music, bartender & waiters that just don't smile 2) Occasionally (weekends) lodge attacked by noisy students guests; spoils the atmosphere

• 25th Nov 2013
  • India

More variety to the breakfast please

• 23rd Nov 2013

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are trying to improve our menu for diners and breakfast. As the breakfast is free we can only offer a continental breakfast. But we are thinking about introducing an option for a breakfast upgrade and this one will include ham, cheese, fruits and a selection of pastries. Hope you'll stay with us soon! Kind regards

Bad breakfast

Hi there, We are trying to improve our menu for breakfast. As it's is free we can only offer a continental breakfast. But we are thinking about introducing an option for a breakfast upgrade. This one will include ham, cheese, fruits and a selection of pastries. Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge team.

The private showers are great, but the collective ones are not, there is no place to leave your stuff. The rooms are quite small, no room for big bags. The Three 3G sign was terrible in every corner and the WIFI signal was very unstable, mostly bad. The breakfast has little variety, the 'lovely ladies' from the bar are not lovely AT ALL. The reception staff was usually nice, but not always. And letting people smoke right at the door is terrible, we can never get away from the smoke.

It is the best hostel I have been, hands down. The staff is great, the place is warm and cool, and the prices of the meals are fantastic. You can eat like a king for a peasant pitance. The dorms are very cozy and the bunks comfortable. Plugs in all beds and nice lockers down bed. You can also hire a safe for 5 pounds a week. The location could not be better, not in the madness of the zone 1 but 3 streets. from jubilee line (direct to westminster abey, baker and bond street and connections).

Don't change anything, staff, facilities, prices, cleanliness and location are very nice, i'll recommand this hostel at every member of my family or crew who want to spent time in London. We enjoy a lot our week, again, I thank you.

• 19th Nov 2013

I really wanted to like my stay at Palmer's Lodge. The staff were friendly and the facilities clean. Unfortunately my room fell short. I paid extra for a private, which was on the lower level, and my windows right next to the kitchen/dumpster. Every morning between 6:00-6:30 the noise started and made it impossible to sleep. I asked about ear plugs, but was told I had to buy them from a machine. My overhead light also didn't work. I wouldn't stay here again for fear I would get the same room.

• 10th Nov 2013
  • shteuch

Hi there and thank you for your review. We're very sorry for the noise caused, we are looking at how we can better sound proof these rooms over the winter. Hope that this experience wasn't too bad and we wish to have you with us again soon. Kind regards