Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

We had a lovely stay at your hostel. Rooms and facilities were very clean and staff was super kind. My only complaint would be the second floor showers were frequently out of order and always were extremely cold. Other than the shower issue we had a great time, thank you :)

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Dear guest, thanks for your comment. I am very sorry about the showers on the second floor however we had to do some urgent maintenance work there. Hope to see you again!

The facilities are very clean. I loved how you could get a clean towel every day. It is a bit out of the way, however. My friend and I (two young women) had a scary experience with a man in a truck following us down the street outside, and when we told the hostel staff they were extremely unhelpful- they didn't even know how to call the police to report it!!

Thank you for your review, We are going to investigate further about this case and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. All of our receptionists are trained on how to call the the police or ambulance in case of an emergency. We keep the important numbers just next to our computers so this sounds very strange to us. Probably it was a misunderstanding as what they might have not know was how to report it if they didn't know more details about it. Such as license plate, truck model, etc.

I have stayed in a 14 female dorm and it is a nice spacious and a modern room The beds are comfortable with its own light and curtains also a nice and clean duvet. The hotel facilities are very good and the atmosphere is relaxing. I also like the location, it is away from city noise but also not too far from many shops bars and restaurants.

Dear guest, we are happy to receive such a good review. See you soon!

This is a simple, pristinely clean hostel. The internet is super fast and available throughout. The beds are comfy, althought the mattresses are synthetic so they don't breath and you might find yourself waking up a little sweaty! More multi plugs in the rooms would help, some have them, some don't. The food is below average, thought the chef seems perfectly capable by the food that he makes for the managers! Some of the showers run hot and cold. Great value overall but lacks sparkle.

Dear guest, Thank you for taking your time to leave us the feedback. We do appreciate all comments left by our guests. We are currently working on changing our menu and this is why the chefs are experimenting a little bit. Also, the synthetic mattresses are being replaced step by step. Regards, Palmers Lodge Hillspring

The stay was all in all excellent, the only minus was that we could only get cold water from the showers D:

Dear guest. Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about the water temperature. I wish I had been reported as it is an easy fix for us. We just need to be told about the problem first. Regards, Palmers Lodge Hillspring

I got a 10 person (mixed gender) dorm room, and the smell was horrific. Our room smelt like someone had left out french fries and ketchup for a month. Every time I walked in there I nearly puked. The location is average, the Tube is a really good transit system so it is easy to get from point A to B. The staff were really friendly and helpful, except for one receptionist who was just recently hired. She gave me the wrong directions for the tube when I was trying to get somewhere.

Thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that the room smelled so bad however it is very difficult to control what guests bring or keep in the big dorms. I wish you had asked to be moved to a different room. We would happily give you an upgrade. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

Great hostel..can't recomend highly enough!

• 28th Nov 2014

Thanks a lot! Hope to see you again :)

The way to the Hostel takes a bit from the City Centre, but it's worth the trip! The staff is very nice and helps whereever needed, the rooms are big enough, and the beds sleep awesome!

Dear guest. We are happy to learn you had a good time. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Bedding looks clean but I woke to find I was bitten during the night. Not a happy backpacker complained to staff was moved to my delight,but should I have paid for sleeping in a dirty bed I think not

Very clean, very safe, stayed here twice. First time was in a 14 bed dorm, very nice, curtains made for perfect privacy. Second time was in a four bed dorm and the lockers were provided and opened with my room key. Located a it far but the tube station is pretty close. Definitely would recommend this place.

• 27th Nov 2014

Dear guest. We are glad to know you had a good stay. We will be very happy to host you again!

Being able to get free breakfast but also order low-cost meals was nice.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again!

I always come to these hostals in London and my stay is always excellent ! thank you for everything :)

Thank you very much for such a great review. We are pleased to learn you had a good time here. We are looking forward to seeing your again. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

A great hostel overall, with immaculate bathrooms and comfy beds and fast wifi. The food is below par, there are only two vegetarian dishes on the menu, one if them is nachos! Not a nutritious meal. The other is pesto pasta, which I've ordered twice and it arrived cold and the pesto bitter. I was speaking to a visiting manager who has never stayed at the hostel! How will she ever know how to make it better. All my suggestions were met with defensive comments. However, it's a relaxing place.

I really like it but i really don't like it the showers! Theres no enough privacy

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for leaving the review. We have many bathrooms and I'm sure that if you visit us next time you will find one that offers most privacy. We are looking forward to seeing you at Hillspring again.

Fantastic and friendly staff toilets and rooms spotless,a substancial continental breakfast,free tea and coffee throughout the day....excellent value for money....will certainly use this facility again when visiting London.

Thanks a lot. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. we hope to see you again soon. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

I thought it was fantastic value for money,the staff were excellent and so helpful,and I will certainly book here again when I visit London.

Hi there and thank you for your kind words. Hope you can come back soon!! :)

The location was pretty far from main attractions and the underground was under construction on the line we needed while there, but otherwise it was a good value for the money. The room was a decent size but the bathrooms are a little dirty.

Hi there, Sorry to hear about the underground being closed. It must have been an unfortunate exception, as the underground usually runs very good and takes you to the city centre in less than 15 minutes. The bathrooms are cleaned a minimum of 5 times a day. We apologize if you found it dirty one occasion. Kind regards

A pleasnt stay with fast internet. The checkin process takes 5-10 minutes, fine at off peak but I don't know how they manage In Peak season. Expect long delays when it's busy. There's ample parking, which is great but at £5 a day. Overnight parking is available in The local streets a few minutes away. The place is spotless, a credit to the hard working cleaning staff. The food is disappointing, though the portions are generous if you can stomach bitter pesto and very oily fish and chips.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know you had to good stay. Currently we are working on our new menu so I am sure it will be better when you come to stay with us next time. Palmers Lodge Hillspring.

I think it is generally ok. But, somehow I feel that the bathroom and toilet facilities could have been improved. E.g, the flush in the toilet did not really work well, and ended up you always see the toilet not being flushed properly when you need it, especially after the evening time. Secondly, somehow I feel the water tasted a little bit salty, I am not sure whether it is generally happened in London or only at that area.

Dear guest. Thank you for your comments. I do apologise for such a late reply. We did check the toilets and now they work properly. We are looking forward to see you again. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

The hostel is a fairly loud place. We shared our hallway with a class of teenagers and they were terribly annoying, but the hostel staff did what they could to get them to quiet down. Still, if you're looking to get some rest in a quiet place, you should probably book elsewhere.

• 14th Nov 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review, We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, this kids were very loud and disrespectful. We ended up deciding not to accept any more bookings from the agency that sent them as their behavior was unacceptable. Hopefully you can comeback and visit us again. Cheers!