Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

The hostel has a smell like swimming pool, and there has a sound(we did not know what that was) continuely whole day. Positive : 1. The stuffa are very helpful. 2. the breakfast is including. 3. there is a kitchen we can cook. Negative: 1. the strange smelling and the sound are all the time we feel strange. 2. only 1 computer we can use. 3. 4bed room is quiet small and its easily to have smell in the room if people you live with have bad smell.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

Hi there, That smell is probably the cleaning products we use to clean the showers. Our housekeepers take cleaning very seriously and since they clean the bathroom a minimum of 5 times a day, it's true you might sense that clean odor. We don't know about the noise you mentioned, though. It might be the garden keeper removing the leaves with his machine, but that only takes like 30 min a day. Shared room and smelly people is a combination that might occur no matter the size of the room :/

The hostel staff and environment was great. It has nice security procedures and the facilities, specially the bathrooms were always very clean what is one of the most important thing imo. What I do not like is that anything has to be paid, even soap or towel. They do offer 01 croissant and as many toasts as you wish for breakfast together with butter, jelly and coffe. The location is about 30 min by bus to Central London. I would definitely stay there again if I need a place to crash.

• 20th Nov 2015

Hi there and thank you for your feedback. We pay attention to our guests suggestions so we really appreciate it as it helps us make decisions and bring a better service. In order to have cheap rates and offer free WiFi and PC access, free breakfast, free lockers, free luggage store and free linen; we need to charge for some things to make the free stuff mentioned above possible. Also, we try to keep our prices very low. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!! :)

Really appreciate the perky staff even at 5am! We were very grateful for the directions from the airport to the hostel at night, but found (at 2am) that we couldn't purchase tickets for the buses we were directed towards. A small warning about this would be appreciated for future travelers!

• 19th Nov 2015

Hi there and thank you for your kind words! We're terribly sorry about what happened with the bus and the tickets!!! Some of us don't yet get used to this new law where buses don't accept cash anymore. But it's true, you can only ride the bus if you have an oyster card. Hope you could get back safe!!! Kind regards.

The kitchen. Wow. Ive never seen such an empty, small, and unacceptable guest kitchen. There is nothing you can use. One pan, one saucepan, and thats it. You cannot be two people at the same time.. Nobody cles bed the fridge and there see a lot of spoiled food. I mean common! This was literally abandoned by every staff of the hostel white we were there for 4 days. The showers are horrible as well. The one who built them did not level it, so the water stays and fill the bathroom. Beds were great

I spent 5 nights at the hostel. I thing is more hotel than hostel. Had a lot of teen agers! So wasn't relax the location is not too perfect but is ok for the price.

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Our hostel is just 6 minutes walk from the tube station, located in the nice neighborhood of Willesden Green. We understand that it can be a bit noisy when the hostel is busy, we do have a quiet lounge room for reading or just relaxing. We hope you choose us again for your next visit. Kind Regards,

Hello there! Thank you so much for a wonderfull stay. I will recommend you and definitely use your services again.

• 9th Nov 2015

Hi there! Thank you for your kind words. It makes us very happy to hear you had a nice stay with us. Hope to see you again soon!! :)

As I've read reviews I expected better place. It seems they always clean, but I stayed in two rooms and dust was everywhere, especially on beds. Breakfast is average, but tea and coffee all day.

The hostel is nice, especially the common spaces. I was in a group of 4 people in a 4-bedded room which was quite small. The shared bathroom were clean but showers didn't work well. It seems that they don't do much maintenance. The location is ok, the neighbourhood is nice and safe.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you encountered problems with the showers. We do a lot of maintenance in the building but sometimes incidentals do occur and it helps everyone if these problems are raised promptly at reception. This way we can act quicker. Hope you had a nice stay overall and that you can comeback soon finding the place working even better than before! :)

I stayed in a private room but also in a shared room with me friends. All two kinds of room were too small and not so cleaned. Common bathroom mixed between male and female.. and the restrooms were not so cleaned. Breakfast was real minimal.

• 5th Nov 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We do have a female only bathroom and a male only as well. Please feel free to ask our receptionists for directions in case you couldn't find them. Also, our housekeepers clean the bathrooms a minimum of 5 times a day. We understand that our breakfast doesn't offer a great variety of foods now, but when we had the paid breakfast no one wanted to go for it and claimed for the free breakfast instead. To keep our prices cheap, it's the best we can offer. Regards.

There is a lack of electricity sockets around the lockers and it would be very convenient for there to be a power socket inside the lock is to charge mobile devices.

• 2nd Nov 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. In the reception area we have a charging tower where the safes have different cables for many types of phones and tablets. Hope to see you soon!

It will be nice to have some area for drying wet towels, a laundry with a sink - Kitchen with more utensils- Shelves for storage and a additional fridge. Hooks on every wall next to the beds - Room B 05 bed 13 -14 don't any

• 2nd Nov 2015

Hi, thank you for your feedback, your experience is important to us. We have tumble dryers in our laundry room for our guests to use, and each bed has hooks for hanging clothes. We always try to improve the kitchen accessories, and your ideas for improvement are very much appreciated. Kind Regards,

i most say that i was very disappointed with this place, i had booked in to a large mixed room with a curtain for privacy, & when I got there i was told i had an upgrade which sounded nice. But when i got to the room it was just a mix with wooded bunk (good not to much noise in the night) but no curtain, & the power socket was almost on the front so non of my charge leads would reach. This may sound petty but when I walking around London and I'm having to use a map as my phone die THANK

Wonderful!

• 29th Oct 2015

The place looks good and it's in a nice part of London; the staff is nice and always available. They have multiple cameras outside of the hostel but they apparently don't look at them because i sneaked in multiple times to see a girl i met there 😉 . The overall quality is not that bad but not that good either. It's fine and pretty cheap for London standards.

• 28th Oct 2015

Disappointing from the start, we were put in a room on the very top floor, only to find that the elevator was out of order, so we had to carry 2 20kg bags up 4 large flights of stairs with no offer of assistance from staff, the elevator remain out of order for the duration of our stay. Also the lockers for your valuables are not included as stated when we booked, the breakfast consisted of cold toast, 1 croissant & some juice. I would not recommend this hostel.

• 27th Oct 2015

Very friendly staff, slept well, nice little town outside of central London, overall a good stay. :)

• 27th Oct 2015

Hi there, Thank you for you nice comments! We are glad to hear you had a good stay with us. Hope you can comeback soon! :)

This is the best hostel I have been so far. It is very clean, comfortable, with friendly staff and excellent value for money. The only downturn is that in some rooms (I was in two different ones) there is no electrical plug by the higher bed. It is not in the center, but a 25 minute subway commute will deposit you near everything in London. A plus, wi-fi works great in all the building.

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Slovenia

Good location, close to the tube and 10 mins from Wembley Stadium. Some good bars nearby, the breakfast was average at best but hey it was free and theres a nearby cafe if you want something more.

• 25th Oct 2015

A nice place to stay just wasn't as social as I thought it would. Was a bit upset that the elevator wasn't working because I didn't want to lug my suitcases up the stairs. Bedrooms were super clean and cute

The security is very good, with keycards to the floors, the rooms and the lockers. The staff was very helpful and the entire hostel was generally speaking clean.

• 24th Oct 2015