Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Don't stay here unless you really need a kitchen. The breakfast was the same as any hostel provides. The noise from the elevator when being used was unbelievable from the bedroom. The bathroom/shower in the room was the smallest I've ever seen. Lastly, this being out of Palmers Lodges' controll, the other people staying there were incredibly ignorant. Also caught a cold during my stay. But other than that it was great.....

• 2nd Feb 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good sleep because of the noise. We are constantly trying to improve so the feedback is always helpful. Regarding the bathrooms/showers in the 14 bed mix, we've decided to rebuild that area and make it more comfortable. Kind regards and hope you can comeback soon.

shower water too cold!

Hi there, Sorry to hear that. It must have been an unusual moment as the water from our sinks and showers comes very hot. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards

The beds were great. I'd say the best hostel-bunk i've been in. Really solid frame, expensive feeling bed. It was a nice place to hang out too. I've just stayed at Keystone in Kings Cross which was awful. Palmers Lodge is miles better. The breakfast wasn't great. Bread or croissant or cereal. Some fruit would be good. I only discovered you had a lounge minutes before I was about to leave, so perhaps that could be better signposted.

When I did comment before, still same condition, no one fixed hand shower still. This is very disappointed ! But I think young western people manor is not good!

Very good ratio quality/price Cleanliness room/shower ++ Breakfast much appreciable Good general atmosphere Well located/ the bus line just in front of the hotel is very convenient Just one wrong thing : the wifi code did not work

• 31st Jan 2015

Bonjour Florent, Merci pour tes commentaires ! Concernant le wifi, il est vrai que nous avons souvent des problèmes et essayons d'y remédier. En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon ! L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

I have been staying at Palmers Lodge Hillspring for few days, and I really like it. I chose a 14 Female Room and it was a spacious bedroom with wooden bunk beds, curtained for more privacy and individual lights. The bed linen is clean and the duvets are very good. There are plenty of bathroom facilities so there is rarely a wait to use them, and believe or not there are clean at all times!! I think that the staff in reception are professional, helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is cool.

absolutely great hostel (of course with a pay). the location is kinda good, not that near or that far. the receptionists are good and helpful, except that one woman who actually kinda being not helpful. but yeah overall it was a good stay, good foods. 👍👍👍

I stayed a week here in the 14 bedroon dorm and the 4 bedroom door. The self catering kitchen was tiny and the showers would sometimes go from scalding hot to cold. Despite these things I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay here again.

Sleeping in bunk beds was horrible! The mattress felt very old. There is a recurrent noise since I arrived until I left. I could not sleep. I don't know if it comes from the lift or what it is. Apart from that the wireless did not work in my bedroom 114. I had to go outside and sit on the floor to get it. Breakfast is served too late at 7.30 instead of 7.00 as mentioned in the leaflet. I had to leave at 7.00 with no breakfast and without any rest. I would not recommend it on my worst enemy!

• 28th Jan 2015

Just some noises from the lift, disturb our sleep.

• 26th Jan 2015

This is the place to live!!! Happiness, meetings, amazing breakfast, parties and good memories guaranteed! Staff absolutely adorable as well !

• 26th Jan 2015

the food is absolutely terrible. The staff that work in the restaurant are ill mannered.

We really like the ubication.The staff were attentive but unfortunately they are overworked,and there is no real commu nication between them,so the service was poor.During check in we were located in a mixt dorm instead a female dorm, and my locker could also be open with another guest card,so my personal belongings were compromised.The bath rooms/shower at the 1st floor were not working properly during our stay. But,the breakfast was very good, the kitchen staff keep all clean and ready.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Not a great experience. Made to wait over 40 minutes by reception before I could even check-in and that set tone for the stay. Towels I paid for were given to me dirty. Didn't expect lots but it still came poorly.

• 20th Jan 2015

Great hostel Nice breakfast

The location is on a street that's not well lit. The heat was up so high during the night I woke up in a sweat. The rooms are small and feel cramped. Stay someplace else.

Extremely helpful staff. Very pleasant location not so far from city centre by subway. Clean and cosy rooms. Tasty breakfasts included in price. great facilities. Definitely worth recommending.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • jarekhalat
  • Poland

really liked the hostel other then the beds which where not very comfortable to sleep on other then that i loved everything.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Hi there and thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you didn't find the bed that comfortable to sleep. This feedback helps us to know where we can improve our service. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards.

I like to your hostel, so I always chose your hostel. thank you ! but if possible, if I find out some facilities are broken, I always say to hotel staffs, but no fix sometimes...... I found out this time, our room 107, they didnt have no light at washstand. I told front section about it, but not fix during I stay.....or underground hand shower room has broken shower hand. hope hostel change it . it was unconvinience......I love hand shower, but it was splash everywhere....

I have stayed in this hostel 2 nights and I can say that I regret having booked for this hostel for several reasons. My main problem was with the noise being generated from the lift. In this hostel, you will not be able to get proper rest (at least on the 4th floor) since everytime someone uses the elevator it makes a huge amount of noise. Moreover, cleaning is the worst I have ever seen since in my bed there was at least 4 chewing gums that I counted stuck in my bed from previous clientes.