Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Great hostel for the money, would definitely return. Close to restaurants, but not really close to any of the sights.

• 5th Jul 2014

It was nice, we needed a place to rest because we were walking all day long sightseeing, and I liked it there because when you descend the curtains of your bed (we were in a dorm) nobody bothers you and you can rest and sleep really well.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

Best hostel I've ever stayed at !

Great accommodation even if only one night. Distance from the city centre is the major drawback, not the place if you want to be in the centre of action. Brilliant bed, excellent bar/kitchen/dining room with great atmosphere. Better than Swiss cottage for facilities but further out.

I stayed for 2 nights at the hostel. Everything was great. Very nice people, clean rooms and a good breakfast. Hope to return.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Really a wonderful experience. I have just a few suggestions for improvement, shared only because I really got the sense that Palmers Lodge wants to be the best experience possible. There aren't enough outlets in the rooms, only one per every two people. Meant I had to sit up so my phone could charge til pretty late. Luckily very comfy lounge is available. Also, there isn't wifi in all the rooms- or at least it didn't reach my room. Felt like the subway was further away than what I was told.

• 4th Jul 2014

Too bad I picked a weekend that almost every affordable hostel in London was booked. However, I lucked out and was able to book this place. It's right on the edge of zone 2 close to zone 3 but only a 5 minute walk to the tube station. I loved my stay here, beds were comfy each room has a working locker that is opened by your room key. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. The price is perfect, I do wish it was slightly closer, but then again couldn't beat the price and location.

I stayed in two rooms, one was on the fourth floor and one was in the basement. The one on the fourth floor had no wifi connection, no access from the elevator, and extremely hot. Not to mention, on the third day the power was out.. So the room and bathroom was completely dark. The basement in the other hand was extremely stuffy but had better shower facilities (though not ensuite). Overall I would stay somewhere else. It was pretty far from the city and not worth the money you're paying.

Awesome hostel! We had such a great time...

Excellent across the board. The security is so good it would only take a few minor tweaks to make it into a military base, the location is pleasant though not close to downtown. Staff was marvelous even admitting that better prices for locks and adapters could be found a 5 minute walk away. Beds were excellent with privacy curtains though on the top floor you can hear the lift starting and stopping.

We are very dissapointed in the hostel. We have paid over €100 for one night and we've actually got NO sleep. We were put in a basement that smelled like chlorine. The light in the room was very bad. I was flicking the whole time on/off. The location of the most expensive room in the hostel was very bad. Basically EVERYONE in the hostel that wanted to take a shower had to pass by our room this with much noise! We fell asleep around 3am eventhough we were in bed around 12pm. Continue below----->

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Friendly and VERY helpful staff, clean facilities AND FREE WIFI, could not have asked anything else!

1st floor ladies toilet no 1 - lock was broke

• 28th Jun 2014

A true hostel experience (meeting people, exchanging ideas, etc) with the quality you should not give for granted in London not even in hotels! Great stay!

• 27th Jun 2014

I liked my stay here for the most part but 2 of the reception girls were rude and unhelpful. I liked the male receptionist from Spain he was really nice and welcoming.

I liked this hostel very much! Great room for me and my daughter, and a very good breakfast! The staff was really nice. The location excellent - I will always stay here when I'm going to London. Not noisy = great! The only problem during my stay was that it took some time to clean the toilets in the hallway, and that one of them got out of order. The flooring in the shower (in my twin room) was moisture damaged. The smell didn't bother me that much, I'm just telling you so you are aware of it.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

I liked everything expect the room was too small .

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Palestine

A round applause to the staff. Specially to Luis, the nice guy from Sevilla 😉. Enjoyed my staying there a lot

We stayed for one night in a small twin double room. The room was very clean and we could get a good night sleep although the hostel has many rooms. I recommend Palmers Lodge and would stay there again.

This is my second time in two years that I stay in Palmers Lodge Hillspring. I love this place and love the atmosphere. the staff are so friendly and go all the way to help you in every aspect. I asked about directions and they spent a good effort to find the best train trips to go to my destination. If I come again to London, and want to stay, I will chose this place again.