Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

All is not too bad, except the standard of the hostel was not as advertised. There was hot shower, but it worked a bit quirky, going hot and cold on and off. The so called "fully furnished" kitchen was a small one with limited cooking utensils, not quite what I expected. There was also a considerable presence of flies/ mosquitoes, and the (dorm) rooms were not equipped with curtain to keep them out, which startled me a bit. My friend also got his expensive camera stolen in his room.

This hostel was really nice, especially for the price. I rented a private room for me and my wife. Good space. Shower were unstable though. The water constantly kept changing in temperature. Breakfast was not that great. But other than that the hostel was awesome

• 8th Jun 2014

Hi there, Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy your stay at its best. We are constantly trying to bring a better service so we took your review in consideration and we'll check about any problems caused by showers. As for the rest, we hope that you had a good stay and we wish to have you with us again soon :)

Very nice hostel, very clean. It has a great lounge to chill out in, and it has a piano in the lobby, which I liked. The beds were great, each one had its own curtain, bendy lamp, and outlet. They do a good job of making it comfortable.

Hi there, We are happy to know that you had a great stay with us. Hope to see you again soon! Regards

Good Service Overall. Too noisy at the restaurant at late hours.

Hi there and thank you for your review. You have a good point with the noise. Since the terrace outside the restaurant is communicated with the rest of the hostel we decided to close it at night so the rest of the guests can sleep peacefully. Much more quiet now! We hope to have you again with us soon so you can tell the difference :)

Good hostel as always. Comfortable beds, not crowded rooms (stayed in the 4 beds dorm), good lockers, and clean. Not the best if what you're looking for is partying atmosphere. Not central but very well connected through tube, buses and night buses. One of the best choices in ldn in my opinion.

Hi there, Thank you for such a lovely review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you again soon Regards!

Nice atmosphere and privacy, definitely can recommend, not far from the city center and simply way from the underground station to the hostel.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you soon Regards!

Nice, clean location, lots of different cultures

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hi there, We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. Many thanks for your review. Hope to see you soon! Regards

I love this place! The atmosphere is great. It can get a little pricy during the weekends of high season but the experience can be worth it if you're sociable. I meet cool people everyday, the staff is wonderful, the place is clean, and the utilities are great. Wifi acctualy works (except top floor) washing machines, outlets by most beds, private showers, bar and cafe, pool table, free tea, and free computer use. whenever I'm in london this place is home.

As far as hostels go (and I have stayed in HUNDREDS around the world over the past 30 years) this is one of the absolute cleanest, best thought out, most secure and best run & organised I have ever seen. Granted, it's not in the most convenient location but it's easy enough to get to via public transport at any hour of the day or night. The large student groups can be a bit noisy, but even so, I will definitely stay here again when I'm next in London. Well done to the entire staff!

A little far from the city center. Breakfast was basic but for the price you pay it was good. I was on the third floor and the wifi did NOT work in the room. After logging on it would log you off after a few minutes. However the Wifi worked in the everwhere else. The staff was hit or miss. Some people we're very helpful others seemed not that interested in helping. The storage room to keep your belongs didn't seem all that safe unless you purchased a locker to house your things. Overall ok stay

• 2nd Jun 2014

Hi there, Thank you for your review. Even as being a little bit far from the city centre is still only a 15' ride on the tube to Green Park. Our luggage room is free for all guests and cctv'd, meaning that its beeing monitored from reception and the back office 24/7; and just for your extra comfort we offer lockers for only £1 a day. We will investigate further what you mention about our staff as we take great pride in our customer service. Kind regards

I have stayed in many different hostels so far and this one is definitely my number 1. Immaculately clean, nice location, superb facilities, great bar, excellent staff and good prices are its biggest advantages. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

Hi there, Thank you for your lovely review. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience with us and hope to see you soon again. Kind regards

Added bonus of car parking!

• 2nd Jun 2014

The hostel was clean and the staff was nice. but they try to charge you for everything. There was no places to charge your phone or even charge your camera for that matter. There was no outlets anywhere. They have a phone charging station they charge you a few euro for which I think is ridiculous. Then it costed us over 10 euro to do our laundry. We spent so much on added things at that hostel, it was crazy.

really nice staff and really really clean room. really good value for money!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Loved staff and their recomendations. Nice room and breakfast!

• 1st Jun 2014

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time and leave such a lovely review of our staff. We take great pride in our customer service and yet always try and improve. Hope to see you back again soon! Regards!

Great stuff! Fabulous staff, bar/restaurant (I don't drink often, but I like having the option and the food is good and affordable), and you get these MASSIVE lockers in the room, which is absolutely wonderful. Fit all my stuff in there with room to spare! Plus the whole place is soooo clean, it's absolutely unbelievable. It's just outside the center, which is perfect since it's so much quieter but you can still get there really easily. By far one of the nicest hostels I've been to!

Hi there, Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon! Kind regards

The staff are very welcoming and helpful. I liked the room I was in and the people staying at the hostel were amazing - you could have chats. .The hostel is large and has nice big common areas great for mingling and private space too. The breakfast was average. Nice patio for sitting outside - the area of London is really pretty, lots of trees - less hectic than downtown.. Travel to the city center is far.. They need more showers and better ones. I did not like males/female shared washrooms.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us. It's a shame that you didn't consult our reception regarding the bathrooms, as we have one female-only bathroom and you could have had a better stay. Also, we are located a bit far away from the city centre, it is true. But luckily we have the Willesden Green underground station very close to our hostel making it very easy to get anywhere in London. Getting to the city centre takes less than 15 min! :)

The only real problem with this hostel I found is the fact that they have dorms in the basement of the building with 1 small window to provide fresh air and any daylight, it gets quite smelly with 10 people sleeping in there! Also one dorm is right next to the laundry room which isn't very pleasant..... If you are staying here request a room NOT in the basement and you will have a better stay! Staff were nice, good location and plenty of spaces to relax around the place though.

• 27th May 2014

Overall this hostel is very nice. Clean and the staff is friendly. It is quite easy to get to many areas of London by the tube but as someone who enjoys walking a lot I wish it was a little more central. The breakfast was quite good as well!

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time and review us. We're glad to hear you had a nice experience with us and hope to see you back again soon. Kind regards

I have left my grey holister hoodie at the hotel, it was a birthday present and I really hope it is in lost property. if it is, could someone contact me to arrange it to be posted home, of course I will cover all costs. thank you!

• 24th May 2014