Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Had a great time there. The hostel is clean and fast to reach. Nice area around and a safe yard. Never had a bad feeling. Only some guests didn't know how to be silent.

I loved the breakfast, large range. The bathroom was beautiful and the staff were fantastic. I would definitely stay again.

I stayed with two friends at a female dorm, which was on the third floor. I was expecting more noises especially because you can hear the elevator. The staff was really nice when we had some troubles of changing a bed but they did not understand that the plug socket in our room was not working. The "continental" breakfast was toast as much as you want with salted butter and three kinds of marmelade and one crosant per customer. It was very close to the next tube stations. Good hostel anyways.

great hostel to stay in

• 4th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

First night we stayed in the 10-person dorm, there was a pair of girl's undies in my bed and piece of chewing gum stuck to the bedroom post. Bathrooms are clean. In the second night the staff were kind enough to let us stay in a 4-person dorm for no extra cost which was kind of them.

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Hi there and thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you had to experience that uncomfortable situation. Sometimes the guests take the wrong beds so maybe another girl thought that that one was her bed. Hope that this experience wasn't too bad and we wish to have you with us again soon :) Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge team

We were given a basement room, which turned out to be under the kitchen, so was very noisy all night and very early in the morning. In addition, someone started hoovering the corridor outside our room before 8am on the Sunday morning! I don't think the basement rooms are good value for money, but I did not see any of the other rooms so I don't know how they compare. (We were in a private double room). However, friendly staff, 24hr reception and fairly easy to find.

Hi there and thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy your stay at it's best. It's very strange that you heard noise coming from the kitchen during the night since we close it at 23:00. Probably it was a noisy guest and we really apologise for that. Hope that this experience wasn't too bad and we wish to have you with us again soon :) Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge team.

Facilities were good but we had a room in the lower ground which didn't have a window opening to outside. This meant the room was very stuffy, even after using the fan in the shower to try and circulate the air. Apart from that we were very happy with everything else.

It was great, next time we'll be in London, we'll stay in palmers lodge again :)

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

I had to stay at this one as the Swiss Cottage one was full. When I arrived 3 coach loads of students had too and were 'excitable' but despite my anxious arrival, I slept sound. Room was clean, facilities too, very spacious place. I was keen to see the tai chi class and Buddhist temple down the road. I'd come back - it was a good bed for the night and close to train station. I still prefer SC.

• 29th Oct 2013

I really enjoyed this hostel. It may be out of the central heart of London but it makes up for that with the crazy decorations, very nice and sociably bar on sight and the exceptional staff. When I return to London I am going to try to stay the entirety of my trip here. 5 Stars

Good wifi, 22 bed dorm has plenty of space and each bed has a curtain. A lot of school groups around, 5-10min walk to tube. Free tea and coffee. No kitchen and clean bathrooms!

Wonderful staff, great atmosphere, good food, incredible value for money. Couldn't have asked for a better stay!

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Wales

The hostel had an amazing atmosphere, the rooms were clean, comfortable, and secure, and staff was very friendly and helpful.

Having stayed in four different hostels across London, I'd say this is the one I'd be most likely to return to. It's not as far out of the city center as it might look on the map, and the neighborhood is much more representative of where the typical Londoner lives than, say, the area around Victoria Station. (Trees!) It wasn't discounted as much as one might hope for being on the edge of Zone 3 and the credit card/atm/towel surcharges were kind of high, but, then again, it's still London...

I stayed here because I was attending a show at Wembley, which is only a short tube ride away. Nice, clean hostel with good breakfast ( croissants, toast, jam, cereal, tea/coffee, juice ). Secure lockers in the room, which you can lock with your keycard. I had plenty of cupboard space next to my bed, which is also sometimes a rarity in hostels. Also liked the night lamp & that some light was shining through from the hallway, so you can easily navigate in the room without having to wake anyone

Staff were very unhelpful- not only were they not particularly useful in regards to the hostel itself, but they knew nothing about London. The one advantage was access to showers before and after check in, which was necessary since there is no 24hr check-in.

Wish the staff were more talkative and welcoming. It's a great place to stay as far as value for money, going the extra mile would make the place fantastic.

• 24th Oct 2013

lovely hostel with free computers to use, an included continental breakfast each morning. my 4 person bedroom was small but it did the job and i got sleep. wish someone would have told me i could have gotten a towel at reception. i'd happily stay there again.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

Very good hostel. The only downside is that is about 30 min away from London and the only gym close by doesn't have one day pass.

Great place! Slightly more "hotel-like" than "hostel-like" (as hostels go, that is), but that was fine. Meals provided were perhaps the greatest deal in London; helped me budget well to get a meal with drink for less than GBP6! I wish there was a more active (paper) bulletin board or other system listing local events, etc; when I asked at the desk -- a few different people over my stay -- what was going on in the neighborhood, the responses I got were pretty non-comittal.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »