Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

This is the best hostel I have been so far. It is very clean, comfortable, with friendly staff and excellent value for money. The only downturn is that in some rooms (I was in two different ones) there is no electrical plug by the higher bed. It is not in the center, but a 25 minute subway commute will deposit you near everything in London. A plus, wi-fi works great in all the building.

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Slovenia

Good location, close to the tube and 10 mins from Wembley Stadium. Some good bars nearby, the breakfast was average at best but hey it was free and theres a nearby cafe if you want something more.

• 25th Oct 2015

A nice place to stay just wasn't as social as I thought it would. Was a bit upset that the elevator wasn't working because I didn't want to lug my suitcases up the stairs. Bedrooms were super clean and cute

The security is very good, with keycards to the floors, the rooms and the lockers. The staff was very helpful and the entire hostel was generally speaking clean.

• 24th Oct 2015

Bed side lights did not work and there were bare wires - .could see the copper. Major safety issue! Could not sleep because people in the room next door were shouting and laughing until 1am. Bar staff put loud music on when people were trying to watch the last 20 minutes of RU world cup semi final. Badly done!

• 24th Oct 2015

I enjoyed my time at the hostel. The people are friendly and respectful. And the rooms are clean.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Belgium

Good experience.....Thank you for Ker (Venezuela) I aprecciate his help good person Ker.....

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. We'll make sure Ker knows about it. He should be sleeping now as he works in the night shift :) Hope to see you soon! Cheers!!!

My second time staying here. Stayed in the 10 bed female dorm. There was inevitably some wear and tear as compared to the previous time but the toilets and showers still continue to be clean. Breakfast was taken a notch down, basic bread & cereals and wifi was spotty in the dorm. Still a good experience overall if you want a clean, quiet place in a more residential neighbourhood.

Hi there, Our mission for the upcoming low season is to start maintenance and refurbish works in all the dorms. Since during the summer it's quite impossible to do so because of the big number of visitors we have, now it's going to be much easier to block the rooms. Regarding the breakfast, this year we tried an option were for a small charge people could upgrade their breakfast. Sadly it didn't work so we are aiming to have one complete BF for a small charge. Thank you for your feedback :)

Staff is interested only in their own security and not in the well being of customers when a problem arises in the room. So you better go there and hope is a perfect day.

Hi there, Unfortunately if someone snores in a big shared dorm as you booked and we are at full capacity to move you to another room we can only assist you with earplugs. We also offer private rooms with single and double beds to those who feel uncomfortable sleeping in a dorm with fellow backpackers or miss the privacy of their own. Kind regards.

Great hostel with a nice bar area to have drinks or just chill with other travellers. Staff was excellent, rooms, bathrooms and the entire place was very clean. Definitely a comfortable stay!

Thank you for your feedback and the kind words! Hope to see you soon. Cheers!

brillant place to stay!

A perfect score! Thank you so much!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue working hard and keep bringing a good service for our guests. Hope you can comeback soon!!

I stayed in the 14 bed mixed dorm and it was seriously one of the most comfortable hostel I have ever stayed in. The room was spacious and the people I met there were very nice.

Hi there! Thank you so much for your feedback. It makes us very happy to hear you had a good stay with us. Hope you can comeback soon!

I cannot speak for the rest of the hostel but the mixed 10 room dorms were all in the basement and had no windows nor any form of ventilation. It made for a very unpleasant environment. However, staff were helpful and provided assistance when asked.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We are sad to hear you didn't like your room. It's true that the windows in the 10 bed dorm are smaller than the rest, but there's still ventilation in the room. The housekeepers clean the rooms daily and open the windows during the day so the air flows. During the cold nights it's highly possible that your roommates closed the windows. Most of our dorms are not located in the basement so hope you can comeback and have a better experience :) Regards

First stay in a hostelworld hostel - definitely will not be the last! Very impressed.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thank you!! It's great to hear that your first time in this hostel was good. But even though we are listed on Hostelworld, we are an independent chain of hostels :) Hope to see you soon!!

Good hostel in terms of cleanliness. More of a lodge than a hostel as it doesn't have much of a social atmosphere. Very near the tube station, but it's a bit of a ride into the city center.

Thank you for your feedback. We are trying our best to bring a good social atmosphere, organizing events and taking our guests out for pub crawls and such. But also we have the quiet lounge for those who like to just relax and read a book. And yes, we can't really say the hostel is located close to the city centre. But just taking the tube takes you to Buckingham Palace in only 15 mins :) Cheers!

Staff were excellent. I booked a twin room and stayed with a young teenager. We both felt very safe and secure. Excellent facility if you are travelling with children as they have outside space. The hostel is within zone 2 on the tube so nice and close to travel in. The tube ran until 1245am at the weekend, no problems if you are wanting a late night in the city. Bonus's towels were free and not for hire as stated and our twin room had it's own wet room (shower and basin) unexpected :)

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a nice stay with us. As for the towels, they are included for free on all our private rooms. On the dorms we do charge them but we only ask £1.50 for one towel. Hope you guys can comeback soon! :)

I was the only pensioner, i think, in the hostel but I was fortunate to share the 4-bed room with three separate individuals who were all extremely quiet, and I slept well - far better than I had expected. However, as an early riser, the very noisy unlocking mechanism for the cupboards was problematic: despite my best efforts, I awoke another occupant simply by opening the locker.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time of leaving your feedback. We are glad to hear you could have a nice stay. Kind regards.

Excellent stay--great location, great facilities, great staff. The school groups were a bit noisy and it's impossible to close the dorm door without a loud "slam" which disturbs your roommates and neighbours, but otherwise, love the place and will be back for sure! Thanks to the staff for being so friendly and helpful!

• 1st Oct 2015

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We hope to see you again soon!

Pros: Free breakfast All day free coffee and tea Common Study room Room has good facilities Cons: Bit of walk to tube station. Toilets need to be cleaned often

I love the curtains that hide the bed for added privacy. The new bartender was very social and very cute. I liked it here!

Thank you for the feedback and the kind words! We'll make sure our bartender knows about it :) Cheers!!