Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

I liked my stay here for the most part but 2 of the reception girls were rude and unhelpful. I liked the male receptionist from Spain he was really nice and welcoming.

I liked this hostel very much! Great room for me and my daughter, and a very good breakfast! The staff was really nice. The location excellent - I will always stay here when I'm going to London. Not noisy = great! The only problem during my stay was that it took some time to clean the toilets in the hallway, and that one of them got out of order. The flooring in the shower (in my twin room) was moisture damaged. The smell didn't bother me that much, I'm just telling you so you are aware of it.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

I liked everything expect the room was too small .

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Palestine

A round applause to the staff. Specially to Luis, the nice guy from Sevilla 😉. Enjoyed my staying there a lot

We stayed for one night in a small twin double room. The room was very clean and we could get a good night sleep although the hostel has many rooms. I recommend Palmers Lodge and would stay there again.

This is my second time in two years that I stay in Palmers Lodge Hillspring. I love this place and love the atmosphere. the staff are so friendly and go all the way to help you in every aspect. I asked about directions and they spent a good effort to find the best train trips to go to my destination. If I come again to London, and want to stay, I will chose this place again.

Brilliant hostel with everything you could ask for & more - the most helpful staff we have encountered in a London hostel, sparkling clean bathrooms, luxurious shower pressure, a good in-house bar/restaurant, security lockers that even fit our huge travel packs, croissants for breakfast, and a relaxed atmosphere! It is a bit of a walk (10-15mins) to the nearest metro but it's a nice area and not too far into the city once you're on the tube. I definitely recommend staying here!

Poor wifi. Very far away from everything. Great shower

Hi there and thank you for your review. It is true that we are not based in the city centre and walking to the Big Ben might take a while, but giving us the lowest possible score on Location sounds just a bit harsh. The underground (Subway) journey to the centre takes less than 15 minutes ;)

I really enjoyed my time here. It's in a quite location but easy to get to from the Tube. It's got great communal sitting areas, including a lovely decking area next to an aviary, which is lovely for breakfast on a sunny morning. Good sized locker space in the dorms, very friendly staff. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

The place was nice, but the basement private rooms were really stuffy and it was hard to get to the windows to air them out.

• 19th Jun 2014

Great hostel but just very far from the main city center attractions.

Hi there and thank you for your review. The underground (Subway) journey to the city centre takes less than 15 minutes, so it can't really be that far away ;)

I would stay here again. It was just far from the downtown area.

It would be helpful, if you could tell us which bus station that we should get out when we come to the hostel. The instruction only told us the name of the place and I got confused... in fact, I missed the bus station that I should have got off so I had to walk to the hostel quite bit. So, if you could tell us which bus station is the nearest one from the hostel, it would be super helpful I think :) Thank you so much! I really enjoyed staying there.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Japan

The Bar closed a little early, but I had an excellent stay at Palmer's Lodge.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel is better than I expected. Both bathroom and bed are clean and good!! You can also find a train station called willsden green nearby!! Excellent !!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellent place, my 5th time here and I will always choose it as a place to stay in London !

The women at the bar was usually in a bad mood. The receptionists were lovely and always willing to help me with everything. The mixed bathrooms (men & women) were a little irritating for me.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Hi there and thank you for your review! Too bad you didn't tell our receptionists about the mixed bathrooms, as we actually have a female only bathroom and a males only as well. Hope to have you again with us soon!! :)

All is not too bad, except the standard of the hostel was not as advertised. There was hot shower, but it worked a bit quirky, going hot and cold on and off. The so called "fully furnished" kitchen was a small one with limited cooking utensils, not quite what I expected. There was also a considerable presence of flies/ mosquitoes, and the (dorm) rooms were not equipped with curtain to keep them out, which startled me a bit. My friend also got his expensive camera stolen in his room.

This hostel was really nice, especially for the price. I rented a private room for me and my wife. Good space. Shower were unstable though. The water constantly kept changing in temperature. Breakfast was not that great. But other than that the hostel was awesome

• 8th Jun 2014

Hi there, Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy your stay at its best. We are constantly trying to bring a better service so we took your review in consideration and we'll check about any problems caused by showers. As for the rest, we hope that you had a good stay and we wish to have you with us again soon :)

Very nice hostel, very clean. It has a great lounge to chill out in, and it has a piano in the lobby, which I liked. The beds were great, each one had its own curtain, bendy lamp, and outlet. They do a good job of making it comfortable.

Hi there, We are happy to know that you had a great stay with us. Hope to see you again soon! Regards

(1920 results)