Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

I've used a few London hostels and this has been the best. Feels more like a budget hotel. Best features: chunky wooden bunk beds with individual reading lights; huge, card-accessed storage lockers in rooms that fit a large suitcase; plenty of bathroom facilities so there's rarely a queue; impressive cleanliness - everywhere was regularly cleaned (properly) and smelled fresh. Minor downsides: beds don't all have curtains, this is misleading; showers could use a private dry changing area.

• 19th Oct 2014

I liked this hostel, it was clean and had all the facilities you need. The only problem was the location, too far away from the centre.

Good beds with privacy curtains clean showers that need more ventilation the windows located under the deck should be saled and double glased : very noisy

This hostel, relatively close to the Tube and not too many stops from sights, activities, restaurants, etc., is nonetheless a bit of a bummer for being in an out-of-the way residential area. The building and facilities are all a bit dark and worn-out. The rooms while generally clean, are kind of cavernous and the clientele can be a bit shady.

The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, and the hostel itself was great. The rooms had everything and the atmosphere was great. I met a lot of people disappointed with the distance away from city center, but it didn't bother me at all.

Palmers Lodge treated me better than well! I really enjoyed my stay. The staff and the atmosphere in the hostel is great. The location is peaceful and you can find the place near the tube station and with many bus stops nearby so moving around is rather easy. The beds are comfortable and even when not staying in a single room they offer you privacy and sweet dreams. Thank you so much guys, stay awesome! ♥

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Finland

I liked that there were many bathroom facilities and they were cleaned regularly - it was quite a hygienic feeling. Beds in 10-bed-rooms have curtains which is quite practical, offers privacy. My room was in the bacement, therefore ventillation was not so effective. However, the room was more spacious than as usual, and the furniture was relatively new and practical. Paying by debit card comes with an extra fee - dislike. All in all, I think the value for your money is quite okay here.

I stayed 4 nights at this hostel including weekend and changed room three times ( but I knew it before booking), 2 rooms of 4 and one of 10 people. Despite the fact that the hostel was fully booked the hostel was a very quite, very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly all of them could speak several languages. £20 per night is very cheap for London, the tube station was just 5 minutes walk away.

• 16th Oct 2014

Big dormitories, can get noisy... Often big busses bringing groups for the night : not really respectful or friendly with others who came alone. Older clients than an average backpack. A bit far from the train station if rainy day Great facilities (restaurant, bar, internet, power point, lockers...) Clean and well maintained

I am sad to say the hostel has lowered its standards since the last time I visited. A little bit pricey for what you get.

This is my first time in staying in a hostel just trying to experience it first hand since i being an owner myself of a hostel in my country namely 1 River Central and Stone House. I certainly enjoyed the place. If you are young adventurous and would like to meet other backpacker then this is the place to be. the place might not be in the city centre but it is close to the TUBE station and the nightly bus is just in front of the Hostel. So if you plan to go out at night no problem .

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Good pricing, a bit far away from city down town area but can reach by underground with reasonable walk and by bus with a very close bus stop just take longer transit time, it is give and take to transport by underground or bus. In any case, it is considerable to stay a bit far away as even get back home late is still safe by bus. Room is clear with individually locker , that I like.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

They cleaned the bathrooms and floors very well but with a kind of bleach and the smell I didn't like. When I was there there were a lot of groups of students, so very noisy. If you look for a small and intimate hostel this hostel will not the one you would like to stay

Nice place!

Excellent atmosphere, staff are very kind and attentive! If I have to come back to London I already know where I will stay!!

• 11th Oct 2014

This hostel is alright. I'm sure there are better at a similar price in London though. The biggest negative here is that is really is way out in the sticks in North London. The Underground is only about a 10 minute walk away so getting into town isn't a huge hassle but it's still feels quite far from London proper. The hostel itself does what it advertises - breakfast is average, wifi is good in the common areas (did not get it in 4th floor room), bathrooms were too small for my liking. 6/10

Very very dirty. Needs a thorough cleaning and the location of some rooms - ie., the dingy basement under the stairwell is just ridiuclous.

Very friendly place. Have stayed there a couple of times. Definitely I recomend the place.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Great for school trips not so much for backpackers.

perfect location for a trip to wembley, both wembley park and willdens green on same jubilee underground line

• 9th Oct 2014