Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Hostel was average. Room was ok and bed was comfortable and had clean bedding. water in showers, not warm enough. Wifi in our room was extremely poor. Getting to the home tell was a nightmare, being new in London did not help. Breakfast was below average.

• 1st May 2015
  • Botswana

Sorry to hear you didn't have a great stay with us. It's strange what you mention about the showers as most of the reviews point the opposite. The WiFi is meant to work perfectly in the entire building. Please, if you encounter a problem with connectivity, just notify our staff about it, they can solve it in a matter of minutes just by resetting the access points. And the directions to the hostel are very easy to follow, we even have maps on our website. It's only 5-7 min away from the station.

Having not staying in a B&B for 20 years I thought this was great! The rooms were a little small and the curtains didn't cover the window, but the beds were very comfortable. The staff were friendly and the washing facilities were kept nice and clean. Although it was a surprise having men and women sharing shower and toilet facilities. This hostel is in a great position, very near the underground station and a nice street full of food shops etc. I would definitely recommend it! :)

• 30th Apr 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

This is one of the better hostels I have stayed in. It feels comfortable and safe the PPl are really friendly. The walls can be a little bit thin and the food is plain, but at least they have food. The kitchen is in an awkward spot but still usable. Other than that it's simple but it's nice. I would stay here again.

• 27th Apr 2015

One staff member was particularly rude! His attitude was more like we were inconveniencing him.

• 25th Apr 2015

Hi there, We're sorry to hear that. We are going to investigate further and making sure that all of our staff members are following our policy of making our guests feel just like at home. We are aware that there was a minor problem with your booking and because of that we gave you a 30% discount. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards.

Room is Quite cheap and Mostly Staff are friendly and helpful! cleaning did their job but seem they prefer to pay attention in common area not much in room where guest stay so need to improve them about room cleaning and concern things in room. Bar is very ok with a pool and plenty of sitting area for dinner and hang out with ppl and TV , music and chef and kitchen there was very ok as well. Safety is very good with key card for room , locker in some room etc. for this time.

It was a little bit out of the way from the main sights to see in London. Rooms were not as clean as I would like them. A fitted sheet on the bed would be nice. Too noisy, you were able to hear peoples conversations in the hall way and other people getting ready. I stayed in two rooms: four bedroom private, nice but a little small for four people. The best part was the individual lockers. The other room I stayed in was a twin private- was supposed to be one bed but they gave us bunk beds.

• 24th Apr 2015

Hi there, We are sorry to hear that you didn't have the stay wished for. The twin rooms are, in every hotel or hostel, two beds and not one. If you are looking for one bed only you need to book a Double Room or Single Room. Kind regards.

Idealy placed as we were going to Wembley stadium,staff were helpful and it was good value for money.

• 19th Apr 2015

Graeme hostel with good facilities. And 5 minutes from tube. :). We had a good stay

just as good as it always is! best hostel out there!

The bveds were comfortable and the rooms nice and clean, the staff absolutely awesome, and the service great. I was very happy with my stay and have recommended this hostel to other people!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Been here many times before and will be back again...

Will be staying here again!

• 11th Apr 2015

Makes us happy to hear that! Hope you can come back soon :)

Best hostel I've stayed in in London. Very friendly and helpful staff, the property was very clean. Immaculate bathrooms and the beds were comfortable. Will definately use them again

Thank you very much for your kind words. Hope to see you again soon!

Nice place. A bit of a hike from the tube station. Beds are great comfy and have a curtain so you can sleep in privacy. Bathrooms are so tiny you have to leave the door open if you want to move around in it. Kitchen was also very small with 1 hotplate that had 1 burner on it. I felt they wanted you to buy food from their restaurant instead of cooking your own. Lots of groups while I was there mostly kids lobby was loud, but rooms were quite. All in 4/5 stars. Not the worst hostel I been in.

Good value, except for breakfast which is pretty bad. Fresh orange juice and good coffee is not luxury. My children were a joy to eat a real English breakfast. they were disappointed. Why not have the opportunity to order a real breakfast? The cleanliness of the room was not great, it deserves to make a little investment.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Wasn't particularly impressed.

Very beautiful hostel. I love the how the beds are designed to fit the theme of the hostel. Lockers beneath the beds a bit small but otherwise fine. Clean facilities, very chill vibe, enjoyed drinking beer at the pub. Overall, very positive experience

I just popped in for a quick night's stay. The bed and room was fine, the food and drink were fine. Guy tending the bar was awesome, wish I knew his name, but he worked the night of March 29th. Gold star for you man. Was really quiet, which I liked. Overall, pretty good.

I stayed here altogether 7 nights in a female dorm and so far it is the best hostel Ive stayed in London. Good location and connections to central London in 20 minutes. They put a big effort on security. Staff was extremely nice and helpful, and I felt very welcome there. Palmers lodge was also very clean and the cleaning staff was nice aswell. Breakfast okay with cereal, croissant and toast. Something fresh would make it even nicer, some fruit perhaps. Thanks a million! :)

Although it was a hostel, we thought out en suite room was very small and our beds somewhat uncomfortable, leaving both of us to sleep badly in our bunk beds. The communal areas were good with good use of the wifi, and we found the staff to be most enthusiastic. the breakfast was poor with just toast, cereal and croisants

• 27th Mar 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We offer a continental breakfast (Toasts, croissants, cereals, juice, coffee, tea) as we are one of the few places in London still offering a free breakfast. We are looking into the possibility of having a better breakfast, as we do in our sister hostel, but that will require an extra charge. We still have lots of reviews liking it the way it is at the moment, but every voice counts and we thank you for your opinion. Kind regards.