Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

It's a big hostel, with a range of staying options. The large capacity rooms have foot lockers which won't fit big bags, while the smaller rooms have bigger lockers. Not a huge issue, but just be aware of it. Also, the basement has only one bathroom, so you may have to walk a long way down the halls to reach it. Some of the staff were very helpful, but others seemed rather clueless.

Spacious facilities, tiny room, good sink but mates sleeping Clean, clean, clean , 'tis

Was only there for two nights but found it fantastic for a short stay in the capital loved how family friendly it was and the feel about the place ! It's clean and safe and the staff were really helpful! Will be using again on my next trip to London :)!!

The advantage of this hostel is their bunk set up. The bunks are enclosed on 3 sides with a curtain across the 4th side, so you can have darkness and privacy whenever you need. Each set of bunks also had a slide-out locker with plenty of space, which was excellent. So I found the dorms really good! The free breakfast was nice, and there was a nice big dining room and a deck with dining tables and sitting area too, which were great. Downsides: showers were too dark and kitchen is very basic.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very nice stay, i will stay there again for sure.

• 23rd Jul 2014

In Summer definitely too hot. Or need more ventilators.

• 23rd Jul 2014

The hostel was good value for the money I spent. The downsides were being on the top floor (needed to walk up stairs with luggage to get there) and the room got very hot at night. Other than that it was a nice hostel and would recommend it for people looking for a place outside of the city center.

Great staff, good service, very clean facilities, loved the croissants at breakfast. Only point I had was that our room, was very warm compared to the rest of the hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014

This hostel was the best I stayed at. The facilities appeared new, were clean and were secure. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 21st Jul 2014

Ok hostel, a little out of the way and more like a hotel. Filled with noisy school groups and families. Odd mix of people.

Palmers Lodge-Hillspring has a good location--near an Underground stop within region 2, and close to restaurants and shopping. Regarding location, though, the employees of the hostel should (1) provide maps of the Brent/Willesden Green area to guests, and (2) be more aware of the neighborhood themselves--able to recommend nearby restaurants, such as the great Indian restaurant called Kadiras. Also, the self-service kitchen is a joke--hot plates and one fridge--not sufficient for cooking in.

• 19th Jul 2014

It was great! The bedroom was nice, the place and atmosphere were perfect and the staff was the best! I went with my family and we were all very satisfied!

The location was a little far especially considering the metro system is pretty expensive, but, admittedly, they were up-front about this in their description, so it was expected. Other than that, their facilities are decent.

I had a really pleasant stay at Palmer lodge, bunk beds are comfortable and you have your own privacy. Bathroom are clean and lots is space in the shower. Sharing a beer at the bar is easy if you don't want to go down town. Food is not exceptionnal but free breakfast is good. Thank you I had a wonderful time in London.

• 17th Jul 2014

The hostel has very good facilities and it is always clean. Though, I stayed in the fourth floor and I almost melted all the nights. The windows are too small and definitely not enough. They should invest some money on ventilation.

• 16th Jul 2014

The staff was very smiling and welcoming , always eager to answer your questions or solve your ( minor ) problems . I was lucky to have a room on the last floor but the noise from the wooden terrace could have been a nuisance as the bar was open till very late and people stayed there chatting very late too . The rooms are very small ( I was in a 4 bed dorm ) , there is no bedside shelf with the bottom bed , which would be convenient .

• 13th Jul 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review! It's always good to know the areas where we can improve to make the stay of our guests even better. We have changed the policy regarding people staying in the terrace until late because, like you mentioned, it can be disturbing for the guests. So now we close it earlier :) Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!

Palmer's lodge had a lovely welcoming and the rooms were clean. We stayed in a four female dorm. When we returned I found someone sleeping in my bed, they refused to get out and acted like it was there bed however they had threw my belonging onto the floor. I went and reported this to reception immediately and it was handled promptly and in a professional manner. The member of staff on duty even went to the trouble of changing the bedding once they had dealt with the random in the dorm.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I didn't actually stay in the end,as we decided to drive home after the concert,I have filled out this review with that in mind

• 11th Jul 2014

Lovely hostel. Very clean and modern. But we were very disappointed that as 2 female travellers who booked months in advance, we didn't get allocated the same dorm. My friend had never stayed in a hostel before and was very upset by this. Staff didn't care, said the rooms were full and there was nothing they could do about it. I would understand if it was a bigger group, but there was only 2 of us.

• 11th Jul 2014

Palmers Lodge is an awesome hostel. Always has, always will. They should really fix the firealarm though. It went off 4 times while we were there, including 2 times at night (2:05am and 5:15am) while we were sleeping. Other than that, there's no negative thing to say. If you're looking for a very (very!) clean hostel with really friendly and helpful staff, you should definitely stay at PL!:)