Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

My first hostel experience was perfect thanks to the Palmers Lodge!

• 16th Sep 2014

Awww, that's very sweet of you!! We hope you can come back soon!!! :)

The staff at reception are always very helpful and welcoming.

• 15th Sep 2014

Thank you for your kind words. The customer service is really important to us and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Hope to see you again soon!!

All the staff were very helpful but special mention to Eli who was just amazing

The atmosphere was really nice and staff was so much kind, polite and helpful for anything you need. The kitchen was useful for people who can't stay without italian pasta for more than two days , like me, and toilets were clained about 5 times each day. Bad thing? One week seems so short there. I'll come back soon

• 14th Sep 2014

And we hope to see you again soon too!!! :) Thank you very much for your kind words.

I arrived at Luton airport. It was easy to get to the lodge. It is very quiet area I like it. Breakfast was simple but enough. Bathroom was always clean. The room was small but it was functional locker with the key card.

WE WERE GIVEN A BASEMENT ROOM, WITH BAR WINDOWS ON THE STREET LEVEL, WITHOUT KNOWING THIS AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. PERSONNEL REFUSED TO ACCEPT VALIDITY OF THIS POINT, SAYING THEY COULD NOT KNOW THE EXACT ROOM AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. I FIND THIS INVALID AND UNACCEPTABLE. THEY CLAIM SYSTEMS LIMITATIONS, I SAY SYSTEMS ARE BUILT BY PEOPLE AND STRATEGIES. THIS WAS REALLY BAD, I WOULD NEVER HAVE ACCEPTED TO STAY IN THE BASEMENT. SERIOUS PLUMBING ISSUES.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Cyprus

All the staff amazing and very helpful especially Eli behind the bar who us all ways smiling

The hostel is pretty good overall, but beware of the room B03 downstairs near the washing machines. This room is underground and has only one small window, which is almost completely obscured by a bed standing next to it. It is very dark, hot and damp because there is very little ventilation and there is a lot of moisture from the washing machines.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Everything was ok but the kitchen or self using is not very well equiped.

• 6th Sep 2014

Clean a bit more the community showers and the room's faucet is not work well. By another hand, the staff was very nice with us.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Stay in hostel was nice,but there was problem with my room.i asked for room with bath,staff says all will be done and it wasnt...so first night we stayed in shower room and next day move to bath room...not good comunnications between staff.

Excellent facilities and security. Resembles a hotel in that it has an attached restaurant. Free breakfast included, although I doubt anyone would complain if fresh fruit or yogurt was also available, even if for a small charge. Hostel seemed like it was being cleaned constantly which was impressive. It's a 10-15 minute walk to a tube station, but this allows it to be quite quiet at night and there's a grocery right near. Only thing for me was that the wifi in my room (400) was spotty.

Everything was nice except the bed that squeaking loudly with every movement, which kept me up all night.

• 4th Sep 2014

Hillspring is a nice hostel, however there were two tour groups of highschool students that showed up our second night there. One group didn't seem to have adequate supervision, and was incredibly noisy - running around and yelling in the hallways until well after midnight. Sleep is my number one priority in a hostel, and quiet is needed for sleep. The staff was great in trying to deal with this group, but unfortunately it seemed there was little they could do.

This must be one of the best hostels in London. It's not centrally located, but the facilities, friendliness, and great rooms/beds make up for that. Modern, clean, good decor, comfy bunkbeds, lockers, good showers, a bar/cafe, free breakfast! What more could you want? Would definitely recommend to anyone!

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Wales

We (I've been there with my sister) really liked our stay at palmers lodge. We stayed in the 14 bed dorm (the curtains really make a difference for the good). The stuff was helpful and fast so that when I requested a repair it was done withhin an hour. The breakfast is really simple (toast, butter, jam, croissants, tea, coffee and some weird orange juice (my opinion) I can really recommend staying there, especially because it's really hard to have a good holiday when you don't like your lodging.

• 28th Aug 2014

My second stay in Hillspring Lodge was very nice again. When I was here first in 2009 the place had just opened and some things were not ready yet. Now it has developed into a lovely hostel. I think you can hardly find a cheaper hostel in London (within zones 1 and 2). But it really doesn't feel like a "budget place": The atmosphere, cleanliness and facilities are top. There's a friendly staff and a security system with CCTV and all. Only bad thing: The beer at the bar is too expensive!;-)

• 27th Aug 2014

Had a fantastic time here. The staff were really helpful and knowledgeable. Great location as you can get easily into London. Bathroom facilities could be improved however (really small ensuites but always clean). Will come here again. Thanks guys!

I only had 2 staff members which were great and super nice. The other ones were kind of rude. Beware the pictures online. The place is very clean and the washrooms are very clean also, but the place is not as bright and open as the website makes it look online. It's actually quite a dark place. Large lockers available at £1 per day if you are in a large room. Smaller rooms come with a big locker (key card access).

Nice clean hostel and big secure lockers for storage. However, it is a little far from the city centre (good if you want a quiet hostel) and while they say there is a restaurant it was never actually open to hostel guests (there were always private events on). Very annoying when there aren't many restaurants around. The staff never mentioned there's a 5pound fee if you loose your key, I dropped mine literally as I was checking out and the staff demanded I pay for it...bad way to end the stay.

(2027 results)