Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

We enjoyed so much the journey, the hostel was very good, the atmosphere was nice and there was nice people too. The staff was very helpfull and I fall in love with Cass!

• 26th Feb 2015

very friendly staff. the dining area and bar was a nice area to just chill and make new friends :)

This hostel has impressed me since I first stayed here last year. Very safe and clean. Felt very comfortable here. Thanx.

Very good experience, thank you so much

• 20th Feb 2015

Bonjour Anthony, Merci pour tes commentaires, En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you Soon, L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

Excellent place, despite it being a busy hostel its still peaceful & quiet (unless you're looking for the party type areas then the lounge & bar are perfect for that). Very very clean, firm comfortable beds, and staff are very friendly & cooperative. Oh yeah, good water pressure, plenty of toilets & showers, and tea/coffee available free all day + a good old breakfast in the morning. I loved my stay here.

• 17th Feb 2015

Lovely place to stay. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

Bed's should be labelled more clearly for those that arrive to the hostel late. Love the privacy curtain and lamp with each bed. Nice environment, wish they had some fruit with breakfast. Overall I would recommend this hostel.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We are thinking of the possibility to offer a better breakfast, just like we do in our sister hostel in Swiss Cottage. Unfortunately we would have to charge for it to cover the costs so we are still thinking how we can implement it. Hope to see you soon!

Extremely small rooms -even the ensuite double. You could barely move in there. Lift was too noisy and every night all you could hear after 10pm was the lift going up and down, the stuff using the vacuum cleaner and drunk people screaming. The location is the worse for someone who is visiting London as you need at least half an hour to get to city centre. WiFi was really bad and the signal was getting lost in the rooms. Breakfast too poor. At 9:30 everything was over

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience in our hostel. According to your reservation, you stayed in a Twin Room Ensuite, which is a private room with bathroom and a Bunk Bed. The Double Ensuite is bigger as it has a double bed. The WiFi signal is very strong as we have repeaters in all the floors. When it's not working properly is because the repeater needs to be reset. The breakfast ends at 10am. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Great reception and awesome inclusion of breakfast and towels in the price!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Bonjour Patricia, Merci pour tes commetaires ! En espérant de te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon, L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

This location is more comfortable than other

• 10th Feb 2015

The hostel was very nice, as well as the staff. What I very appreciated is the breakfast, included in the price. On the whole, I spent a nice weekend.

• 7th Feb 2015

Bonjour Hao, Merci pour tes commentaires ! En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

It was a very nice experience. I slept in the 22 bedroom mixed dorm. The bunkbeds are nice. You don't hear to much noise, and it's nice that you can close the curtains. Free breakfast was cool. The hotel looks nice. Everything was clean and friendly. Recommend!

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Bonjour Tobe, Merci pour tes commentaires ! En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon ! L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

I loved it! It was my first hostel and I will definitely come back some day! They have a cozy little bar/restaurant making it easy to hangout with all the new friends you'll be making! It's really close to the tube station, which makes it convient to travel into city center! I enjoyed the neighborhood and the staff is wonderful! I stayed in a four female dorm, it was nice!! They could supply the self service kitchen with some more pots and utensils, but other than that I had an awesome time. :)

• 3rd Feb 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a good time with us :) Sometimes the pots are left in the restaurant's kitchen as they were being cleaned and forgot to put them back in the self-catering kitchen. But we'll have a close look and replace any missing utensils. Hope you can come back soon!

Not for me. Rooms were smelly, toilets and shower so small very difficult to use. Appaled by my experience, when I asked for refund for remaining two nights, It was declined.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We are constantly trying to improve so the feedback is always helpful. Regarding the bathrooms/showers in the 14 bed mix, we've decided to rebuild that area and make it more comfortable. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards

Don't stay here unless you really need a kitchen. The breakfast was the same as any hostel provides. The noise from the elevator when being used was unbelievable from the bedroom. The bathroom/shower in the room was the smallest I've ever seen. Lastly, this being out of Palmers Lodges' controll, the other people staying there were incredibly ignorant. Also caught a cold during my stay. But other than that it was great.....

• 2nd Feb 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good sleep because of the noise. We are constantly trying to improve so the feedback is always helpful. Regarding the bathrooms/showers in the 14 bed mix, we've decided to rebuild that area and make it more comfortable. Kind regards and hope you can comeback soon.

shower water too cold!

Hi there, Sorry to hear that. It must have been an unusual moment as the water from our sinks and showers comes very hot. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards

The beds were great. I'd say the best hostel-bunk i've been in. Really solid frame, expensive feeling bed. It was a nice place to hang out too. I've just stayed at Keystone in Kings Cross which was awful. Palmers Lodge is miles better. The breakfast wasn't great. Bread or croissant or cereal. Some fruit would be good. I only discovered you had a lounge minutes before I was about to leave, so perhaps that could be better signposted.

When I did comment before, still same condition, no one fixed hand shower still. This is very disappointed ! But I think young western people manor is not good!

Very good ratio quality/price Cleanliness room/shower ++ Breakfast much appreciable Good general atmosphere Well located/ the bus line just in front of the hotel is very convenient Just one wrong thing : the wifi code did not work

• 31st Jan 2015

Bonjour Florent, Merci pour tes commentaires ! Concernant le wifi, il est vrai que nous avons souvent des problèmes et essayons d'y remédier. En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon ! L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

I have been staying at Palmers Lodge Hillspring for few days, and I really like it. I chose a 14 Female Room and it was a spacious bedroom with wooden bunk beds, curtained for more privacy and individual lights. The bed linen is clean and the duvets are very good. There are plenty of bathroom facilities so there is rarely a wait to use them, and believe or not there are clean at all times!! I think that the staff in reception are professional, helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is cool.