Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

The location was pretty far from main attractions and the underground was under construction on the line we needed while there, but otherwise it was a good value for the money. The room was a decent size but the bathrooms are a little dirty.

Hi there, Sorry to hear about the underground being closed. It must have been an unfortunate exception, as the underground usually runs very good and takes you to the city centre in less than 15 minutes. The bathrooms are cleaned a minimum of 5 times a day. We apologize if you found it dirty one occasion. Kind regards

A pleasnt stay with fast internet. The checkin process takes 5-10 minutes, fine at off peak but I don't know how they manage In Peak season. Expect long delays when it's busy. There's ample parking, which is great but at £5 a day. Overnight parking is available in The local streets a few minutes away. The place is spotless, a credit to the hard working cleaning staff. The food is disappointing, though the portions are generous if you can stomach bitter pesto and very oily fish and chips.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know you had to good stay. Currently we are working on our new menu so I am sure it will be better when you come to stay with us next time. Palmers Lodge Hillspring.

I think it is generally ok. But, somehow I feel that the bathroom and toilet facilities could have been improved. E.g, the flush in the toilet did not really work well, and ended up you always see the toilet not being flushed properly when you need it, especially after the evening time. Secondly, somehow I feel the water tasted a little bit salty, I am not sure whether it is generally happened in London or only at that area.

Dear guest. Thank you for your comments. I do apologise for such a late reply. We did check the toilets and now they work properly. We are looking forward to see you again. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

The hostel is a fairly loud place. We shared our hallway with a class of teenagers and they were terribly annoying, but the hostel staff did what they could to get them to quiet down. Still, if you're looking to get some rest in a quiet place, you should probably book elsewhere.

• 14th Nov 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review, We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, this kids were very loud and disrespectful. We ended up deciding not to accept any more bookings from the agency that sent them as their behavior was unacceptable. Hopefully you can comeback and visit us again. Cheers!

I loved the common spaces and the room! The bunk beds were nice and comfortable, plus the rooms have a safe opened by card which makes it nice and safe. The only thing, bathrooms and showers are common for male/female, and for such a huge hostel I was a bit surprised.

Dear guest. Thanks a lot for such nice words. Next time please ask our reception staff about single sex bathrooms because we do have them in the basement. Hope to see you again! Palmers Lodge Hillspring

All excellent except it would be useful to have soap on sale at reception. Excellent location, safe and friendly atmosphere. Definitely staying again!

• 14th Nov 2014

Dear guest. Thank you for taking your time to leave your comment. We do have shower gel and shampoo for sale at reception. I guess we must have run out of them when you needed. I do apologise for that. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

A bit away from the city center but overall a great hostel. I love the furniture and lockers in the rooms, and I loved the decor in the common areas. My only complaint is that the entire building was SO HOT! We wanted to spend more time at the bar, but we ended up just staying in the room with our window open. Despite this, my boyfriend and I loved our stay here! Super awesome staff!

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. London is very tricky with its weather so adjusting the temperature sometimes gets pretty difficult. Especially in such a huge building like ours. We do apologise for this inconvenience. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

would be nice to have more toilets and showers, maybe also separate female and male facilities and a bigger self catering kitchen! definitely. this kitchen is too small for such a big hostel...

Thank you for your review. We do have single sex bathrooms in the basement of the building. Please ask our front desk staff about it on your next visit. We hope to welcome you again. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

The experience was absolutely horrible. I checked out early even though I had already paid for additional nights. The person who checked me out could care less, the Internet did not work for the duration of my stay, and housekeeping entered the room six times before check out time (because the others in my room of four had checked out early), while I was trying to sleep, and later decided to prop the door open with a trash can so my room was open to the hallway. Please contact me.

We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. Please email us at feedback@palmerslodge.co.uk. Regards, Palmers Lodge Hillspring

my uncle stay here for two nights its was awesome

• Pakistan

Thank you! Please don't forget to book with us before your next trip to London. Palmers Lodge

Very loud tenants and the staff seemed to care very little about it. Private rooms underground.

• Greece

Hello, We do care and very much if guests are making noise and disturbing the peace. As the building is very big sometimes it's really difficult to know if there's noise in a particular room. But we do have a reception open 24 hs and dedicated for this kind of issues. We welcome our guests to come to the front desk and report any problems they might experience. Kind regards

I really enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge. The facilities are good, the staff very friendly and helpful and the room was clean. Thank you - I'm going to come back! :)

• 10th Nov 2014

Dear guest. Thanks a lot for such nice feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Palmers Lodge Hillspring.

I just spent one night in the Hostel, but it was really great. The location is really good (less than 20 minutes you are in the city center) and the staff is nice. The rooms are clean! I liked also the breakfast there, it's simple, but it's good! I will come back :)

• 10th Nov 2014

Thanks a lot! We are happy to know you had a great time. Hope to see you again. Palmers Lodge

Very clean. Good location (close to the Willesden Green metro station, about 25 min to Green Park station) . Very private beds. Good breakfast!

• 8th Nov 2014

Thanks a lot for such nice feedback. We hope to host you again! Palmers Lodge

Really enjoyed our stay here. Staff were great and facilities were fantastic. Thanks!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great to know you had a good time. We are looking forward to welome you again. Palmers Lodge Team

Great place and a greater staff, expecially Kevin! Well done kiddo!

• 7th Nov 2014

Thank you for your nice review. Kevin says 'hi' :) Come and visit us again! Palmers Lodge

Great hostel, nicely out of the busy city centre and fantastic facilities in the room I stayed in (10 bed dorm). Possibly the bar could be open later or the breakfast a little more substantial - I found the "only 1 croissant per person rule" amusing in my half-asleep state! :) - but broadly speaking it was the best place I've stayed in London for a while!

Dear guest. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. In order to keep our breakfast free it has to be pretty basic but substancial to start the day. Regards, Plamers Lodge

No heating in the room, poor breakfast. Never again.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hello, Apologies for any inconvenience caused. But we need to point out that we do have heating in the rooms. In fact, some people are complaining that it might be too hot for moments. Next time, please approach a receptionist and we can solve it straight away for you. As for the breakfast, we know that some people complain about it even though it's free. That's why we are looking into the possibility of bringing a more complete breakfast but charging guests for it. Kind regards.

It is one of the few hostels in London that provides free breakfast, which is fine for me. It is a big hostel, so it's difficult for you to meet and talk to other travelers. I wish there were some pans and pots in the kitchen, so that guests could cook their own food! The bathrooms and toilets are always clean. :)

Hi there and thank you for your review, We are very sorry to hear about the missing pots and pans in the self catering kitchen. It might just happened that they were being cleaned at the moment. Hopefully you can visit us once again and find all the necessary kitchen elements to cook that we provide. Kind regards

I stayed at Palmers Lodge Hill Spring for one night and it was very nice. My room was on the ground floor easy to access and the staff were welcoming and helpful. The outdoors sitting area is very nice and it has a refreshing view of nature.

Dear guest, thank you for your nice words. We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. The Palmers Lodge Team