Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

really good experience. will book it again, altho this time i'll bring earplugs ;)

• 3rd May 2015
  • Israel

I stayed for a week. There was also a german group of schoolteenagers visiting who made every evening loads of noice in the corridor until 1am. 2nd morning I informed at the reception who were the leaders of this group, the friendly nightguard replied that the he should be the one to correct the kids and that he had checked at 23.30, and since then not again. If they were noisy again I could call him... and spent my money to call him to inform about noise!! Grrr, he should just check! Slept bad!

Hostelworld owns my deposit

Quite far from central London, really out of town. Also, hard to locate by car.... and not very well connected to the city centre by bus. The facilities are good and the staff is alright, but I think it's better for big groups rather than individual travelers - big rooms have too many beds.. hard to rest on your own schedules.

The staff was really great and the place was clean. For just needing somewhere to sleep and keep your belongings it is perfect. Also great to have free lockers inside the rooms. No complaints would definitely recommend.

Hostel was average. Room was ok and bed was comfortable and had clean bedding. water in showers, not warm enough. Wifi in our room was extremely poor. Getting to the home tell was a nightmare, being new in London did not help. Breakfast was below average.

• 1st May 2015
  • Botswana

Sorry to hear you didn't have a great stay with us. It's strange what you mention about the showers as most of the reviews point the opposite. The WiFi is meant to work perfectly in the entire building. Please, if you encounter a problem with connectivity, just notify our staff about it, they can solve it in a matter of minutes just by resetting the access points. And the directions to the hostel are very easy to follow, we even have maps on our website. It's only 5-7 min away from the station.

Having not staying in a B&B for 20 years I thought this was great! The rooms were a little small and the curtains didn't cover the window, but the beds were very comfortable. The staff were friendly and the washing facilities were kept nice and clean. Although it was a surprise having men and women sharing shower and toilet facilities. This hostel is in a great position, very near the underground station and a nice street full of food shops etc. I would definitely recommend it! :)

• 30th Apr 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

This is one of the better hostels I have stayed in. It feels comfortable and safe the PPl are really friendly. The walls can be a little bit thin and the food is plain, but at least they have food. The kitchen is in an awkward spot but still usable. Other than that it's simple but it's nice. I would stay here again.

• 27th Apr 2015

One staff member was particularly rude! His attitude was more like we were inconveniencing him.

• 25th Apr 2015

Hi there, We're sorry to hear that. We are going to investigate further and making sure that all of our staff members are following our policy of making our guests feel just like at home. We are aware that there was a minor problem with your booking and because of that we gave you a 30% discount. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards.

Room is Quite cheap and Mostly Staff are friendly and helpful! cleaning did their job but seem they prefer to pay attention in common area not much in room where guest stay so need to improve them about room cleaning and concern things in room. Bar is very ok with a pool and plenty of sitting area for dinner and hang out with ppl and TV , music and chef and kitchen there was very ok as well. Safety is very good with key card for room , locker in some room etc. for this time.

It was a little bit out of the way from the main sights to see in London. Rooms were not as clean as I would like them. A fitted sheet on the bed would be nice. Too noisy, you were able to hear peoples conversations in the hall way and other people getting ready. I stayed in two rooms: four bedroom private, nice but a little small for four people. The best part was the individual lockers. The other room I stayed in was a twin private- was supposed to be one bed but they gave us bunk beds.

• 24th Apr 2015

Hi there, We are sorry to hear that you didn't have the stay wished for. The twin rooms are, in every hotel or hostel, two beds and not one. If you are looking for one bed only you need to book a Double Room or Single Room. Kind regards.

Idealy placed as we were going to Wembley stadium,staff were helpful and it was good value for money.

• 19th Apr 2015

Graeme hostel with good facilities. And 5 minutes from tube. :). We had a good stay

just as good as it always is! best hostel out there!

The bveds were comfortable and the rooms nice and clean, the staff absolutely awesome, and the service great. I was very happy with my stay and have recommended this hostel to other people!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Been here many times before and will be back again...

Will be staying here again!

• 11th Apr 2015

Makes us happy to hear that! Hope you can come back soon :)

Best hostel I've stayed in in London. Very friendly and helpful staff, the property was very clean. Immaculate bathrooms and the beds were comfortable. Will definately use them again

Thank you very much for your kind words. Hope to see you again soon!

Nice place. A bit of a hike from the tube station. Beds are great comfy and have a curtain so you can sleep in privacy. Bathrooms are so tiny you have to leave the door open if you want to move around in it. Kitchen was also very small with 1 hotplate that had 1 burner on it. I felt they wanted you to buy food from their restaurant instead of cooking your own. Lots of groups while I was there mostly kids lobby was loud, but rooms were quite. All in 4/5 stars. Not the worst hostel I been in.

Good value, except for breakfast which is pretty bad. Fresh orange juice and good coffee is not luxury. My children were a joy to eat a real English breakfast. they were disappointed. Why not have the opportunity to order a real breakfast? The cleanliness of the room was not great, it deserves to make a little investment.

• 10th Apr 2015