Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

No heating in the room, poor breakfast. Never again.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hello, Apologies for any inconvenience caused. But we need to point out that we do have heating in the rooms. In fact, some people are complaining that it might be too hot for moments. Next time, please approach a receptionist and we can solve it straight away for you. As for the breakfast, we know that some people complain about it even though it's free. That's why we are looking into the possibility of bringing a more complete breakfast but charging guests for it. Kind regards.

It is one of the few hostels in London that provides free breakfast, which is fine for me. It is a big hostel, so it's difficult for you to meet and talk to other travelers. I wish there were some pans and pots in the kitchen, so that guests could cook their own food! The bathrooms and toilets are always clean. :)

Hi there and thank you for your review, We are very sorry to hear about the missing pots and pans in the self catering kitchen. It might just happened that they were being cleaned at the moment. Hopefully you can visit us once again and find all the necessary kitchen elements to cook that we provide. Kind regards

I stayed at Palmers Lodge Hill Spring for one night and it was very nice. My room was on the ground floor easy to access and the staff were welcoming and helpful. The outdoors sitting area is very nice and it has a refreshing view of nature.

Dear guest, thank you for your nice words. We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. The Palmers Lodge Team

The 1st night was awfull. People were shouting and screaming. They closed the door really loudly. The toilets were very very very very dirty.... Too much light could get into our room by the window above the door. The second night was better. Less noise. The toilets were ok. But you have to do something for the light... Actually i found it expensive for a youth hostel even if the atmosphere (décoration,staff, ) is quite pleasant.

• Belgium

Thank you for taking your time to leave the review. Our reception is open 24 hours and the night receptionist is there to solve any problem at night, however he cannot be in the whole building at the same time... Next time please report to reception staff any issues. We hope to see you here again. Palmers Lodge Hillspring Team

Personally i thought that the restaurant and bar were a bit expensive.

• India

Dear guest, we do try to keep our prices as low as possible and if you had a walk around our area you would notice that all bars and restaurants are more expenisve. I'm not even mentioning central London... We hope though you will visit us again. Palmers Lodge

Great staff they were all really friendly and quick to help. Other than it being a little bit out of the way, would defiantly recommend this place to people.

• 1st Nov 2014

Thank you for your nice words. We would be happy yo welcome you here again. Palmers Lodge Team

Super helpful and friendly staff!! Good breakfast and nice lounge area!

Thank you for your kind words :) Hope to see you again soon!

The location is great, the underground station is just a short walk away. My room smelled funny though.

• 31st Oct 2014

Thank you for your review! We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. Sorry about the smell. Unfortunatel we cannot control what people bring to the rooms, especially to shared dorms. The Palmers Lodge Team

Great place to stay. It's a little ways out of town but overall worth it. 20 mins on the tube and you're there. Recommended for all.

• 31st Oct 2014

Thank you for your review! We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. The Palmers Lodge Team

Very cleam rooms and facilities, everything has been thought to make the place safe and respectfull. All the staff is also very kind. I'll just maybe add a yoghourt for breakfast ;)

• 30th Oct 2014

I booked two beds in a 14 bedroom (women) for two nights. I think if you stay for a short term its okay. Our room was right next to the toilette. The beds were good. If you don't like thin pillows, probably you should take an small one with you. ;) The breakfast was good, there were toasts, croissants, jams and flakes.

• 30th Oct 2014

Push button showers are the bane of any travellers existence, and the timer on these were in the single digits. Also the temperature would go from freezing to lava and back every ten seconds. Location is well outside central London but only a ten minute walk to metro. My mattress was made of plastic and I couldn't move at night without the whole room being awoken. Wifi worked better in the car park better than anywhere else in the hostel.

Very family friendly place! I went with my mom and sister and we felt very comfortable. The breakfast was great! Fresh baked croissants, yum! The bathroom was cleaned regularly and we loved the curtains on each bunk for privacy.

• 28th Oct 2014

normally I would only do goods unless it was outstanding , so I was obviousy impressed. The only negative comment the boys could come up with was that the toilet paper was a bit hard,they're normally pampered andrex boys, and it's that all the critisism tenagers can come up with it must have been well above 'good' . Thanks. Annette

• 27th Oct 2014

Pleasant stay. Nice atmosphere/common areas. But room was very sad: dark, in the basement, without any wardrobe/hangars, very smelly (impossible to open the tiny little window at the very top), felt like in a cell. Tiny bathroom overall ok, except for the shower temperature quite hard to settle (high water pressure).

• 27th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review. You're right, that the rooms are quite dark. Sorry for that! We're planning to change this. The Palmers Lodge Team

Very pleasant and helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay and am going back. Felt very safe and secure.

The Hostel staff was very nice, Though it was a little far to get from the hostel to the center of town, I would stay again.

• 25th Oct 2014

The service is not bad but the price is high considering that shared rooms are very small, need to keep all properties packed in the small available box, very few space to move in the multiple-people rooms. Breakfast should have more variety of foods.

• 25th Oct 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that you hadn't enough place for your properties. For people, who have a lot of properties, we provide lockers in the basement. The Palmers Lodge Team

For Hostel in the Greater London area, Palmers Lodge was good value for money. It's located a short 10 minute walk away from the Willesden Green Underground Station. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and welcoming. The security within the Lodge was great and I liked the inclusion of the safe in our room. My only recommendation is to repair the bed - It was horribly squeaky! The hostel's atmosphere was relaxed. I would stay there again.

Was disappointed with the size of the lockers provided in the 10-person dorms. Most of the people in my dorm, including myself had to leave bags out and laying around in the small room because they could not fit their bags in the lockers. I also expected to have two beds near or on top of each other. Instead, my boyfriend and I were on opposite ends of the room.

• 24th Oct 2014