Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

It is a nice hostel. It is really not far from the center. You walk about 7 - 8 minutes to the subway and from there you're in 15 minutes in the centre. Subways go frequently. The rooms where clean. The lockers were good in the rooms. The floor in the shower was sometimes a little dirty. But that's minor. I would definitely come back again.

• 19th Sep 2014

Not good if looking for private room, too small

• Poland

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you didn't like your room too much, maybe because the Twin Rooms have bunk beds and not everyone likes it. We understand that so we are happy to mention that we also have other very nice private rooms that might have suited you best, such as the Executive Private Ensuite. They are more spacious and comfortable. Hope you can give us another chance and come back soon! :)

Absolutely love Palmers Lodge at Willsden Green. Great Atmosphere and it is very clean.The staff are very attentive and there is a free breakfast in the morning. The hostel is in Zone 2 so very central and u can go on the Jubilee Line (fast) to Zone 1. I can highly recommend this Hostel.

• 19th Sep 2014

Hi there and thank you for your kind words! We are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us and hope to see you again soon!! :)

My experience in hostels is limited, but I found this place to be just okay. Rooms are clean, but completely lacking in soundproofing. You can hear everything from people opening their lockers in other rooms, to the hand dryers in the shared washrooms. Not sure about the "privacy curtains" some have mentioned; my 4-bed female dorm didn't have any. Breakfast is pure carbs, but nice touch. By London standards, it's cheap, but I'd stay somewhere closer to the city centre next time.

• 18th Sep 2014

It has an excellent location, with great staff and clean rooms and bathrooms.

• 18th Sep 2014

My first hostel experience was perfect thanks to the Palmers Lodge!

• 16th Sep 2014

Awww, that's very sweet of you!! We hope you can come back soon!!! :)

The staff at reception are always very helpful and welcoming.

• 15th Sep 2014

Thank you for your kind words. The customer service is really important to us and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Hope to see you again soon!!

All the staff were very helpful but special mention to Eli who was just amazing

The atmosphere was really nice and staff was so much kind, polite and helpful for anything you need. The kitchen was useful for people who can't stay without italian pasta for more than two days , like me, and toilets were clained about 5 times each day. Bad thing? One week seems so short there. I'll come back soon

• 14th Sep 2014

And we hope to see you again soon too!!! :) Thank you very much for your kind words.

I arrived at Luton airport. It was easy to get to the lodge. It is very quiet area I like it. Breakfast was simple but enough. Bathroom was always clean. The room was small but it was functional locker with the key card.

WE WERE GIVEN A BASEMENT ROOM, WITH BAR WINDOWS ON THE STREET LEVEL, WITHOUT KNOWING THIS AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. PERSONNEL REFUSED TO ACCEPT VALIDITY OF THIS POINT, SAYING THEY COULD NOT KNOW THE EXACT ROOM AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. I FIND THIS INVALID AND UNACCEPTABLE. THEY CLAIM SYSTEMS LIMITATIONS, I SAY SYSTEMS ARE BUILT BY PEOPLE AND STRATEGIES. THIS WAS REALLY BAD, I WOULD NEVER HAVE ACCEPTED TO STAY IN THE BASEMENT. SERIOUS PLUMBING ISSUES.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Cyprus

All the staff amazing and very helpful especially Eli behind the bar who us all ways smiling

The hostel is pretty good overall, but beware of the room B03 downstairs near the washing machines. This room is underground and has only one small window, which is almost completely obscured by a bed standing next to it. It is very dark, hot and damp because there is very little ventilation and there is a lot of moisture from the washing machines.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Everything was ok but the kitchen or self using is not very well equiped.

• 6th Sep 2014

Clean a bit more the community showers and the room's faucet is not work well. By another hand, the staff was very nice with us.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Stay in hostel was nice,but there was problem with my room.i asked for room with bath,staff says all will be done and it wasnt...so first night we stayed in shower room and next day move to bath room...not good comunnications between staff.

Excellent facilities and security. Resembles a hotel in that it has an attached restaurant. Free breakfast included, although I doubt anyone would complain if fresh fruit or yogurt was also available, even if for a small charge. Hostel seemed like it was being cleaned constantly which was impressive. It's a 10-15 minute walk to a tube station, but this allows it to be quite quiet at night and there's a grocery right near. Only thing for me was that the wifi in my room (400) was spotty.

Everything was nice except the bed that squeaking loudly with every movement, which kept me up all night.

• 4th Sep 2014

Hillspring is a nice hostel, however there were two tour groups of highschool students that showed up our second night there. One group didn't seem to have adequate supervision, and was incredibly noisy - running around and yelling in the hallways until well after midnight. Sleep is my number one priority in a hostel, and quiet is needed for sleep. The staff was great in trying to deal with this group, but unfortunately it seemed there was little they could do.

This must be one of the best hostels in London. It's not centrally located, but the facilities, friendliness, and great rooms/beds make up for that. Modern, clean, good decor, comfy bunkbeds, lockers, good showers, a bar/cafe, free breakfast! What more could you want? Would definitely recommend to anyone!

• 31st Aug 2014