Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

The way to the Hostel takes a bit from the City Centre, but it's worth the trip! The staff is very nice and helps whereever needed, the rooms are big enough, and the beds sleep awesome!

Dear guest. We are happy to learn you had a good time. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Bedding looks clean but I woke to find I was bitten during the night. Not a happy backpacker complained to staff was moved to my delight,but should I have paid for sleeping in a dirty bed I think not

Very clean, very safe, stayed here twice. First time was in a 14 bed dorm, very nice, curtains made for perfect privacy. Second time was in a four bed dorm and the lockers were provided and opened with my room key. Located a it far but the tube station is pretty close. Definitely would recommend this place.

• 27th Nov 2014

Dear guest. We are glad to know you had a good stay. We will be very happy to host you again!

Being able to get free breakfast but also order low-cost meals was nice.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again!

I always come to these hostals in London and my stay is always excellent ! thank you for everything :)

Thank you very much for such a great review. We are pleased to learn you had a good time here. We are looking forward to seeing your again. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

A great hostel overall, with immaculate bathrooms and comfy beds and fast wifi. The food is below par, there are only two vegetarian dishes on the menu, one if them is nachos! Not a nutritious meal. The other is pesto pasta, which I've ordered twice and it arrived cold and the pesto bitter. I was speaking to a visiting manager who has never stayed at the hostel! How will she ever know how to make it better. All my suggestions were met with defensive comments. However, it's a relaxing place.

I really like it but i really don't like it the showers! Theres no enough privacy

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for leaving the review. We have many bathrooms and I'm sure that if you visit us next time you will find one that offers most privacy. We are looking forward to seeing you at Hillspring again.

Fantastic and friendly staff toilets and rooms spotless,a substancial continental breakfast,free tea and coffee throughout the day....excellent value for money....will certainly use this facility again when visiting London.

Thanks a lot. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. we hope to see you again soon. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

I thought it was fantastic value for money,the staff were excellent and so helpful,and I will certainly book here again when I visit London.

Hi there and thank you for your kind words. Hope you can come back soon!! :)

The location was pretty far from main attractions and the underground was under construction on the line we needed while there, but otherwise it was a good value for the money. The room was a decent size but the bathrooms are a little dirty.

Hi there, Sorry to hear about the underground being closed. It must have been an unfortunate exception, as the underground usually runs very good and takes you to the city centre in less than 15 minutes. The bathrooms are cleaned a minimum of 5 times a day. We apologize if you found it dirty one occasion. Kind regards

A pleasnt stay with fast internet. The checkin process takes 5-10 minutes, fine at off peak but I don't know how they manage In Peak season. Expect long delays when it's busy. There's ample parking, which is great but at £5 a day. Overnight parking is available in The local streets a few minutes away. The place is spotless, a credit to the hard working cleaning staff. The food is disappointing, though the portions are generous if you can stomach bitter pesto and very oily fish and chips.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know you had to good stay. Currently we are working on our new menu so I am sure it will be better when you come to stay with us next time. Palmers Lodge Hillspring.

I think it is generally ok. But, somehow I feel that the bathroom and toilet facilities could have been improved. E.g, the flush in the toilet did not really work well, and ended up you always see the toilet not being flushed properly when you need it, especially after the evening time. Secondly, somehow I feel the water tasted a little bit salty, I am not sure whether it is generally happened in London or only at that area.

Dear guest. Thank you for your comments. I do apologise for such a late reply. We did check the toilets and now they work properly. We are looking forward to see you again. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

The hostel is a fairly loud place. We shared our hallway with a class of teenagers and they were terribly annoying, but the hostel staff did what they could to get them to quiet down. Still, if you're looking to get some rest in a quiet place, you should probably book elsewhere.

• 14th Nov 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review, We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, this kids were very loud and disrespectful. We ended up deciding not to accept any more bookings from the agency that sent them as their behavior was unacceptable. Hopefully you can comeback and visit us again. Cheers!

I loved the common spaces and the room! The bunk beds were nice and comfortable, plus the rooms have a safe opened by card which makes it nice and safe. The only thing, bathrooms and showers are common for male/female, and for such a huge hostel I was a bit surprised.

Dear guest. Thanks a lot for such nice words. Next time please ask our reception staff about single sex bathrooms because we do have them in the basement. Hope to see you again! Palmers Lodge Hillspring

All excellent except it would be useful to have soap on sale at reception. Excellent location, safe and friendly atmosphere. Definitely staying again!

• 14th Nov 2014

Dear guest. Thank you for taking your time to leave your comment. We do have shower gel and shampoo for sale at reception. I guess we must have run out of them when you needed. I do apologise for that. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

A bit away from the city center but overall a great hostel. I love the furniture and lockers in the rooms, and I loved the decor in the common areas. My only complaint is that the entire building was SO HOT! We wanted to spend more time at the bar, but we ended up just staying in the room with our window open. Despite this, my boyfriend and I loved our stay here! Super awesome staff!

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. London is very tricky with its weather so adjusting the temperature sometimes gets pretty difficult. Especially in such a huge building like ours. We do apologise for this inconvenience. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

would be nice to have more toilets and showers, maybe also separate female and male facilities and a bigger self catering kitchen! definitely. this kitchen is too small for such a big hostel...

Thank you for your review. We do have single sex bathrooms in the basement of the building. Please ask our front desk staff about it on your next visit. We hope to welcome you again. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

The experience was absolutely horrible. I checked out early even though I had already paid for additional nights. The person who checked me out could care less, the Internet did not work for the duration of my stay, and housekeeping entered the room six times before check out time (because the others in my room of four had checked out early), while I was trying to sleep, and later decided to prop the door open with a trash can so my room was open to the hallway. Please contact me.

We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. Please email us at feedback@palmerslodge.co.uk. Regards, Palmers Lodge Hillspring

my uncle stay here for two nights its was awesome

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Pakistan

Thank you! Please don't forget to book with us before your next trip to London. Palmers Lodge

Very loud tenants and the staff seemed to care very little about it. Private rooms underground.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Greece

Hello, We do care and very much if guests are making noise and disturbing the peace. As the building is very big sometimes it's really difficult to know if there's noise in a particular room. But we do have a reception open 24 hs and dedicated for this kind of issues. We welcome our guests to come to the front desk and report any problems they might experience. Kind regards