Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

No lockers (or maybe I missed them), hostel is a bit of a walk from nearest tube/train but quite easy to get to

I read a few comments before I booked this hostel and I thought whoever posted that they had issues with the staff must not have been very friendly themselves. I consider myself to be very and polite amicable but for some reason I could not connect with most people on the staff. The guy from Argentina was helpful and the new tall skinny formally dressed guy seemed very friendly. It was his first day. Everyone else was dismissive, abrupt. I even saw some staff rolling their eyes at guests.

Dear guest, Thank you for your comment! We are sorry to hear that someone of our staff has not been kind to you. We care a lot about our guests and our goal is to always make them feel welcome at Palmers Lodge. We will investigate further about this matter and please accept our sincere apologies. Thank you again for your review and despite what happened, we hope you will choose Palmers Lodge for your next visit to London. Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge Team

L'ostello di Willesden Lane aveva camere ed i servizi igienici sono pulitissimi, si mangia bene ed è silenzioso, unica pecca che è un pò lontano dal centro ed il tragitto in metro risulta lunghetto. L'ostello di Swiss Cottage è bellissimo come edificio e arredi, ma i servizi igienici comuni non sono granchè puliti e la sala colazione aveva persino il pavimento appiccicoso. Nella camera singola con servizi igienici privati la pulizia era ineccepibile. Più centrale e metro vicina.

• 1st May 2014

Gentile Cliente, La ringraziamo per il commento. Ci dispiace leggere un commento negativo riguardante la pulizia. I servizi igienici vengono puliti piu' volte nell'arco della giornata essendo l'ostello frequentato da molte persone. Cercheremo di migliorare la qualita' del nostro servizio per evitare in futuro situazioni spiacevoli. Speriamo di averla di nuovo ospite per il suo prossimo viaggio a Londra. Cordiali saluti, The Palmers Lodge Team

The breakfast is not "continental", it is just toast or corn flakes.

• 29th Apr 2014

Very wonderful experience at Palmers Lodge! I will definitely come again if I visit London next time.

thank you, hope you can come back soon.

Dissapointed with some front office staff who hardly care about customer satisfaction. Happy with Agnes and Fernando though, since they were helpful. There is also some dampness stench when you enter the rooms and lounge. The rooms are extrenely small and crammed for 4 in a room. My overall experience is average.

Dear guest, Thank you for your comment! We are sorry to hear that someone of our staff has not been kind to you. We care a lot about our guests and our goal is to always make them feel welcome at Palmers Lodge. We will investigate further about this matter. We will improve our cleaning service although our rooms and common spaces are always ventilated. Thank you again for your review and we hope you could give us another chance in the future King Regards, The Palmers Lodge Team

Very overpriced in my opinion. I have been to summer camps that were nicer. The locker took many tries to open with the key. The shower was called the torture device in my group because the water goes from scolding hot to freezing cold and there isn't anyway to fix it. You have to walk quite a ways to get to hostel and ride on the subway for around 30 minutes to get to places in London.

Its a good hostel, but not for people who is backpacking alone most the hotel guests are groups which make it kind of difficult to meet new people.

• 18th Apr 2014

The beds were really nice, though the showers could have been a bit better, and it would have been nice to have a good relaxing lounge area away from the kitchen.

Hi there and thank you for your review. Actually we do have a big and nice relaxing lounge which is located just next to the reception. Hopefully you'll visit us sometime again in the future and you will be able to take the most out of our facilities :) Please follow the link below to see a picture of our lounge at Palmers Lodge Hillspring: http://bit.ly/1lbkKj5 Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge Team.

Free breakfast and wifi, nice beds (although would have been nice to have two pillows instead of one), good atmosphere and cheap, good restaurant! And even though it makes things simple, it's a bit odd that basically anyone without a key card could just walk in, go straight downstairs and take whatever they please from the luggage storage. Buzzers open all doors within three seconds, so I find it a bit dodgy no matter how convenient it was for me and my friends as well.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Thank you for the feedback, we do have spare pillows available at reception if anyone asks us. We've also just bought 200 much more fluffy ones to be more cosy. Security wise we do have CCTV both inside and out of the luggage room and we do monitor people's movements whilst they're in there.

I was traveling with my kids (3 teenage girls) and Palmers lodge proved to be a great place to stay. Helpful staff, nice & relaxed restaurant, and a quite location, easy to access by public transport. While everything was clean, I believe that carpets in the rooms are not as hygenic as "smooth surfaces" - but that might just be a matter of taste. All in all, thanks for the stay, and we can recommend the Lodge

• 17th Apr 2014

thanks for the feedback, we find the carpets lower the noise for other guests in the room and also make it a little warmer. We do steam clean them regularly however.

The hostel is awesome. The only I can complain is about the staff. Some of them are not so kind and helpfull.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Had a great stay with great service! Keep going!

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Norway

We (family 2+2) were fully satisfied. Thank you.

Facilities are great, but when I was there, everyone kept their curtain closed so you never knew if they were in and trying to sleep. I found this isolating. But the lounge was nice.

clean. nice staff, breakfast, restaurant was good, would stay again slightly further out of the city center than i would like but great otherwise

We had a wonderful stay. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I had some concerns about sharing showers and toilets in terms of hygiene. There was defenitely no need for those concerns. They were cleaned several times a day, it was spic and span! I would definitely stay at the Palmers Lodge again!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Dear Guest, Thank you! We hope you will choose again Palmers Lodge for your next visit to London. Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge Team

I love this hostel...great facilities...great people....great atmosphere!!! It's home...

• 6th Apr 2014

thank you!!

Stayed here before and I will keep coming back. It is clean, spatious, has all facilities one might need: free wifi, luggage storage, laundry room, free breakfast, nice showers, self catering kitchen and a pub. Location is not too bad: bus stop right outside takes you to Oxford St. In 40- 50 mins, underground at 5 mins walk - 20 mins to cental London on Jubilee line and plenty of shops within walking distance.

the room with 14 people is awful.. but we stay in another room with 4 beds and that's was really good.. but the room with 14 beds is not so safe and there are a lot of noise. The breakfast could be better.

(1913 results)