Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at the hostel. Everything was nice, and it was very convenient that there was a cafeteria on location. We were able to do all that we needed to do, including washing clothes (for a few pounds). It wasn't too far from the tube station and very close to multiple bus stops, making traveling fairly easy. There was free-wifi, but it was spotty and slow in a few locations — fine for checking email, but not great for getting a lot of work done.

• 28th Jul 2014

This is my first hostel experience and it was awesome!! The staff friendly and very helpful. Bathrooms and showers are kept very clean. The mattresses were pretty decent for a hostel. The location is a bit far away but I didn't mind walking 10 min to the tube station to go sightseeing. I would recommend this hostel and when I come back to London I will definitely be staying here!

This Hostel, was the worst we have ever stayed at. We had a room in the cellar which was really ugly. Moreover we could not sleep at night because the laundry room was next to us and there was no restriction to wash only until midnight or something like that. Early in the morning the cleaning staff was very noisy from 8 am. Not allowed to drink your own beer in the hostel, tiny kitchen: 2 cooking plates for hundreds of people. Drinks and food very expansive. everything costs extra.

toilet was next to room; guests using lound hand dryer at night; WLAN connection was slow or not available, BAR CLOSED on weekend before midnight

• 26th Jul 2014

Very nice and clean place. Lovely staff. Perfect breakfast :-)

• Czech Republic

lI was booked in to the Hillspring lodge, but I was a very late arrival due to plane delays with Emirates. As they were fully booked I was transferred to the Palmers Lodge at Swiss cottage...What a beautiful building... I was greeted with a smile, my bed was made up instantly and I went to sleep fro a few hours after such a long air travel ... I can not say enough about the place the people and the free breakfast.. To all the staff ,.... thanks for every thing ... I will stay again.

• 26th Jul 2014

Apart from being a little bit further out of London this is probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Free tea and coffee all the time. Common area with a TV. Outside common area. Free wifi. Cleanest of clean bathrooms. Was definitely worth it.

• 26th Jul 2014

It's a big hostel, with a range of staying options. The large capacity rooms have foot lockers which won't fit big bags, while the smaller rooms have bigger lockers. Not a huge issue, but just be aware of it. Also, the basement has only one bathroom, so you may have to walk a long way down the halls to reach it. Some of the staff were very helpful, but others seemed rather clueless.

Spacious facilities, tiny room, good sink but mates sleeping Clean, clean, clean , 'tis

Was only there for two nights but found it fantastic for a short stay in the capital loved how family friendly it was and the feel about the place ! It's clean and safe and the staff were really helpful! Will be using again on my next trip to London :)!!

The advantage of this hostel is their bunk set up. The bunks are enclosed on 3 sides with a curtain across the 4th side, so you can have darkness and privacy whenever you need. Each set of bunks also had a slide-out locker with plenty of space, which was excellent. So I found the dorms really good! The free breakfast was nice, and there was a nice big dining room and a deck with dining tables and sitting area too, which were great. Downsides: showers were too dark and kitchen is very basic.

Very nice stay, i will stay there again for sure.

• 23rd Jul 2014

In Summer definitely too hot. Or need more ventilators.

• 23rd Jul 2014

The hostel was good value for the money I spent. The downsides were being on the top floor (needed to walk up stairs with luggage to get there) and the room got very hot at night. Other than that it was a nice hostel and would recommend it for people looking for a place outside of the city center.

Great staff, good service, very clean facilities, loved the croissants at breakfast. Only point I had was that our room, was very warm compared to the rest of the hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014

This hostel was the best I stayed at. The facilities appeared new, were clean and were secure. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 21st Jul 2014

Ok hostel, a little out of the way and more like a hotel. Filled with noisy school groups and families. Odd mix of people.

Palmers Lodge-Hillspring has a good location--near an Underground stop within region 2, and close to restaurants and shopping. Regarding location, though, the employees of the hostel should (1) provide maps of the Brent/Willesden Green area to guests, and (2) be more aware of the neighborhood themselves--able to recommend nearby restaurants, such as the great Indian restaurant called Kadiras. Also, the self-service kitchen is a joke--hot plates and one fridge--not sufficient for cooking in.

• 19th Jul 2014

It was great! The bedroom was nice, the place and atmosphere were perfect and the staff was the best! I went with my family and we were all very satisfied!

The location was a little far especially considering the metro system is pretty expensive, but, admittedly, they were up-front about this in their description, so it was expected. Other than that, their facilities are decent.