Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Poor wifi. Very far away from everything. Great shower

Hi there and thank you for your review. It is true that we are not based in the city centre and walking to the Big Ben might take a while, but giving us the lowest possible score on Location sounds just a bit harsh. The underground (Subway) journey to the centre takes less than 15 minutes ;)

I really enjoyed my time here. It's in a quite location but easy to get to from the Tube. It's got great communal sitting areas, including a lovely decking area next to an aviary, which is lovely for breakfast on a sunny morning. Good sized locker space in the dorms, very friendly staff. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

The place was nice, but the basement private rooms were really stuffy and it was hard to get to the windows to air them out.

• 19th Jun 2014

Great hostel but just very far from the main city center attractions.

Hi there and thank you for your review. The underground (Subway) journey to the city centre takes less than 15 minutes, so it can't really be that far away ;)

I would stay here again. It was just far from the downtown area.

It would be helpful, if you could tell us which bus station that we should get out when we come to the hostel. The instruction only told us the name of the place and I got confused... in fact, I missed the bus station that I should have got off so I had to walk to the hostel quite bit. So, if you could tell us which bus station is the nearest one from the hostel, it would be super helpful I think :) Thank you so much! I really enjoyed staying there.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Japan

The Bar closed a little early, but I had an excellent stay at Palmer's Lodge.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel is better than I expected. Both bathroom and bed are clean and good!! You can also find a train station called willsden green nearby!! Excellent !!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellent place, my 5th time here and I will always choose it as a place to stay in London !

The women at the bar was usually in a bad mood. The receptionists were lovely and always willing to help me with everything. The mixed bathrooms (men & women) were a little irritating for me.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Hi there and thank you for your review! Too bad you didn't tell our receptionists about the mixed bathrooms, as we actually have a female only bathroom and a males only as well. Hope to have you again with us soon!! :)

All is not too bad, except the standard of the hostel was not as advertised. There was hot shower, but it worked a bit quirky, going hot and cold on and off. The so called "fully furnished" kitchen was a small one with limited cooking utensils, not quite what I expected. There was also a considerable presence of flies/ mosquitoes, and the (dorm) rooms were not equipped with curtain to keep them out, which startled me a bit. My friend also got his expensive camera stolen in his room.

This hostel was really nice, especially for the price. I rented a private room for me and my wife. Good space. Shower were unstable though. The water constantly kept changing in temperature. Breakfast was not that great. But other than that the hostel was awesome

• 8th Jun 2014

Hi there, Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy your stay at its best. We are constantly trying to bring a better service so we took your review in consideration and we'll check about any problems caused by showers. As for the rest, we hope that you had a good stay and we wish to have you with us again soon :)

Very nice hostel, very clean. It has a great lounge to chill out in, and it has a piano in the lobby, which I liked. The beds were great, each one had its own curtain, bendy lamp, and outlet. They do a good job of making it comfortable.

Hi there, We are happy to know that you had a great stay with us. Hope to see you again soon! Regards

Good Service Overall. Too noisy at the restaurant at late hours.

Hi there and thank you for your review. You have a good point with the noise. Since the terrace outside the restaurant is communicated with the rest of the hostel we decided to close it at night so the rest of the guests can sleep peacefully. Much more quiet now! We hope to have you again with us soon so you can tell the difference :)

Good hostel as always. Comfortable beds, not crowded rooms (stayed in the 4 beds dorm), good lockers, and clean. Not the best if what you're looking for is partying atmosphere. Not central but very well connected through tube, buses and night buses. One of the best choices in ldn in my opinion.

Hi there, Thank you for such a lovely review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you again soon Regards!

Nice atmosphere and privacy, definitely can recommend, not far from the city center and simply way from the underground station to the hostel.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you soon Regards!

Nice, clean location, lots of different cultures

• 3rd Jun 2014

Hi there, We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. Many thanks for your review. Hope to see you soon! Regards

I love this place! The atmosphere is great. It can get a little pricy during the weekends of high season but the experience can be worth it if you're sociable. I meet cool people everyday, the staff is wonderful, the place is clean, and the utilities are great. Wifi acctualy works (except top floor) washing machines, outlets by most beds, private showers, bar and cafe, pool table, free tea, and free computer use. whenever I'm in london this place is home.

As far as hostels go (and I have stayed in HUNDREDS around the world over the past 30 years) this is one of the absolute cleanest, best thought out, most secure and best run & organised I have ever seen. Granted, it's not in the most convenient location but it's easy enough to get to via public transport at any hour of the day or night. The large student groups can be a bit noisy, but even so, I will definitely stay here again when I'm next in London. Well done to the entire staff!

A little far from the city center. Breakfast was basic but for the price you pay it was good. I was on the third floor and the wifi did NOT work in the room. After logging on it would log you off after a few minutes. However the Wifi worked in the everwhere else. The staff was hit or miss. Some people we're very helpful others seemed not that interested in helping. The storage room to keep your belongs didn't seem all that safe unless you purchased a locker to house your things. Overall ok stay

• 2nd Jun 2014

Hi there, Thank you for your review. Even as being a little bit far from the city centre is still only a 15' ride on the tube to Green Park. Our luggage room is free for all guests and cctv'd, meaning that its beeing monitored from reception and the back office 24/7; and just for your extra comfort we offer lockers for only £1 a day. We will investigate further what you mention about our staff as we take great pride in our customer service. Kind regards