Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

My second stay in Hillspring Lodge was very nice again. When I was here first in 2009 the place had just opened and some things were not ready yet. Now it has developed into a lovely hostel. I think you can hardly find a cheaper hostel in London (within zones 1 and 2). But it really doesn't feel like a "budget place": The atmosphere, cleanliness and facilities are top. There's a friendly staff and a security system with CCTV and all. Only bad thing: The beer at the bar is too expensive!;-)

• 27th Aug 2014

Had a fantastic time here. The staff were really helpful and knowledgeable. Great location as you can get easily into London. Bathroom facilities could be improved however (really small ensuites but always clean). Will come here again. Thanks guys!

I only had 2 staff members which were great and super nice. The other ones were kind of rude. Beware the pictures online. The place is very clean and the washrooms are very clean also, but the place is not as bright and open as the website makes it look online. It's actually quite a dark place. Large lockers available at £1 per day if you are in a large room. Smaller rooms come with a big locker (key card access).

Nice clean hostel and big secure lockers for storage. However, it is a little far from the city centre (good if you want a quiet hostel) and while they say there is a restaurant it was never actually open to hostel guests (there were always private events on). Very annoying when there aren't many restaurants around. The staff never mentioned there's a 5pound fee if you loose your key, I dropped mine literally as I was checking out and the staff demanded I pay for it...bad way to end the stay.

Good location, easy to get to from Underground station, good bar, common rooms and quality service from staff. Clean, has all the facilities you need. Good, free wifi connection on main floor, but not in the hostel rooms in the basement. The breakfast included was boring and very unhealthy, but that is my only complaint.

Stayed here for 1 night after coming back from thailand. Pretty standard hostel with everything you need really. Would recommend

I was overall very pleased with my stay. The room was tiny, but we all knew eachother so it was fine. The location was a bit far away from attractions, but the tube was easy to use. The croissants in the morning were amazing!!

• 20th Aug 2014

Is the 2nd time i've been there and i felt really confortable

• 20th Aug 2014

Great hostel, everything was well thought for the comfort of travelers. It's an cross between hostel and hotel. I really enjoyed my stay there and would really recommend. Such a shame it's not a bit closer to the tube, especially as it's on the Jubilee line and not a bigger line. But great nonetheless!

A decent hostel with very friendly staff. Probably a pretty good price for what it was, compared to most other hostels in London, although it was at least 15-20 mins by train to get into the centre of the city. The kitchen was tiny and had hardly any pots, pans and utensils for people to use. There was also only one tiny little fridge which is pretty ridiculous considering how big the hostel is!

I stayed there one week while I had thought I was going to stay one or two days. the place is fantastic and the only bad thing is that there is no kitchen for cooking your own stuff but I would never go to another hostel in London and I hope there are others like this all around the world.

• 16th Aug 2014

It's my second time here so its clear that I really recommend this hostel, my highlights the price considering being in London, the accommodation itself, and surrounding that they offer. You can reach the hostel easily without complications ways, both times I used the shared room the first just for girls and the second shared man an woman, now the only unpleasant detail was just 2 girls guests extremely selfish and conceited and both of then didn't show any respect towards other guests...

Just far away from the city, otherwise awesome!

As good as the original - which is excellent

Good ambiance. The staff is very nice and helpful. We booked a family private room. We found it very comfortable even if located on the street side. There's car trafic but it normally reduce tonight. Neighborhood is good with Sainsbury supermaket and london underground nearly. You can join London center in a total 30 mins trip (15 min walk + 15 min subway) We appreciate the luggage store before check in, terrasse and bar to drink a beer, staff, private room.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great way to beat the high price of London. Nice area. Neat little village 4 blocks away. Food available there very late at night Underground six blocks away -- very convenient for getting into city. Very clean -- very friendly, helpful staff. Nice breakfast -- great espresso machine. Sleep areas quiet at night. Probably says something that this is coming from someone who is 66 and traveling on his own Did not feel out of place at all

• 4th Aug 2014

Thank you guys for these 5 days. It was really cool. Just be careful about the showers near the B04, they didn't work!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Enjoyed the stay at Palmers Lodge. The one negative I had about my stay was the inadequate cooking facilities and the fact that there was only one refrigerator for all of the guests. It was quite crowded and difficult to make room for our food.

Its a great place to stay in London if you want a safe place in a good neighborhood. The underground station is only a few minutes away and there is a supermarket across to it so you can get your snacks before you go out and explore London. We enjoyed our stay very much cause when you came home from a long day in the city you came to comfy place where you either could relaxe and sleep or get together with the other visitors. I recommend it as a clean place. Go and enjoy :)

We had some wonderful days at Palmers Lodge - Hillspring and will definetly come back. Easy acces from Stansted Airport by National Express.. But, we almost lost our plane home because the National Express busses where all full when they arrived at Finchley road station!! ( We had to hurry into Liverpool Station to catch the train...). So please make your costumers aware of that...

• 31st Jul 2014