Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Too bad I picked a weekend that almost every affordable hostel in London was booked. However, I lucked out and was able to book this place. It's right on the edge of zone 2 close to zone 3 but only a 5 minute walk to the tube station. I loved my stay here, beds were comfy each room has a working locker that is opened by your room key. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. The price is perfect, I do wish it was slightly closer, but then again couldn't beat the price and location.

I stayed in two rooms, one was on the fourth floor and one was in the basement. The one on the fourth floor had no wifi connection, no access from the elevator, and extremely hot. Not to mention, on the third day the power was out.. So the room and bathroom was completely dark. The basement in the other hand was extremely stuffy but had better shower facilities (though not ensuite). Overall I would stay somewhere else. It was pretty far from the city and not worth the money you're paying.

Awesome hostel! We had such a great time...

Excellent across the board. The security is so good it would only take a few minor tweaks to make it into a military base, the location is pleasant though not close to downtown. Staff was marvelous even admitting that better prices for locks and adapters could be found a 5 minute walk away. Beds were excellent with privacy curtains though on the top floor you can hear the lift starting and stopping.

We are very dissapointed in the hostel. We have paid over €100 for one night and we've actually got NO sleep. We were put in a basement that smelled like chlorine. The light in the room was very bad. I was flicking the whole time on/off. The location of the most expensive room in the hostel was very bad. Basically EVERYONE in the hostel that wanted to take a shower had to pass by our room this with much noise! We fell asleep around 3am eventhough we were in bed around 12pm. Continue below----->

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Friendly and VERY helpful staff, clean facilities AND FREE WIFI, could not have asked anything else!

1st floor ladies toilet no 1 - lock was broke

• 28th Jun 2014

A true hostel experience (meeting people, exchanging ideas, etc) with the quality you should not give for granted in London not even in hotels! Great stay!

• 27th Jun 2014

I liked my stay here for the most part but 2 of the reception girls were rude and unhelpful. I liked the male receptionist from Spain he was really nice and welcoming.

I liked this hostel very much! Great room for me and my daughter, and a very good breakfast! The staff was really nice. The location excellent - I will always stay here when I'm going to London. Not noisy = great! The only problem during my stay was that it took some time to clean the toilets in the hallway, and that one of them got out of order. The flooring in the shower (in my twin room) was moisture damaged. The smell didn't bother me that much, I'm just telling you so you are aware of it.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

I liked everything expect the room was too small .

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Palestine

A round applause to the staff. Specially to Luis, the nice guy from Sevilla 😉. Enjoyed my staying there a lot

Great location for events at Wembley stadium!!

We stayed for one night in a small twin double room. The room was very clean and we could get a good night sleep although the hostel has many rooms. I recommend Palmers Lodge and would stay there again.

This is my second time in two years that I stay in Palmers Lodge Hillspring. I love this place and love the atmosphere. the staff are so friendly and go all the way to help you in every aspect. I asked about directions and they spent a good effort to find the best train trips to go to my destination. If I come again to London, and want to stay, I will chose this place again.

Brilliant hostel with everything you could ask for & more - the most helpful staff we have encountered in a London hostel, sparkling clean bathrooms, luxurious shower pressure, a good in-house bar/restaurant, security lockers that even fit our huge travel packs, croissants for breakfast, and a relaxed atmosphere! It is a bit of a walk (10-15mins) to the nearest metro but it's a nice area and not too far into the city once you're on the tube. I definitely recommend staying here!

Poor wifi. Very far away from everything. Great shower

Hi there and thank you for your review. It is true that we are not based in the city centre and walking to the Big Ben might take a while, but giving us the lowest possible score on Location sounds just a bit harsh. The underground (Subway) journey to the centre takes less than 15 minutes ;)

I really enjoyed my time here. It's in a quite location but easy to get to from the Tube. It's got great communal sitting areas, including a lovely decking area next to an aviary, which is lovely for breakfast on a sunny morning. Good sized locker space in the dorms, very friendly staff. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

The place was nice, but the basement private rooms were really stuffy and it was hard to get to the windows to air them out.

• 19th Jun 2014

Great hostel but just very far from the main city center attractions.

Hi there and thank you for your review. The underground (Subway) journey to the city centre takes less than 15 minutes, so it can't really be that far away ;)

(1989 results)