Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Facilities are great, but when I was there, everyone kept their curtain closed so you never knew if they were in and trying to sleep. I found this isolating. But the lounge was nice.

clean. nice staff, breakfast, restaurant was good, would stay again slightly further out of the city center than i would like but great otherwise

We had a wonderful stay. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I had some concerns about sharing showers and toilets in terms of hygiene. There was defenitely no need for those concerns. They were cleaned several times a day, it was spic and span! I would definitely stay at the Palmers Lodge again!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Dear Guest, Thank you! We hope you will choose again Palmers Lodge for your next visit to London. Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge Team

I love this hostel...great facilities...great people....great atmosphere!!! It's home...

• 6th Apr 2014

thank you!!

Stayed here before and I will keep coming back. It is clean, spatious, has all facilities one might need: free wifi, luggage storage, laundry room, free breakfast, nice showers, self catering kitchen and a pub. Location is not too bad: bus stop right outside takes you to Oxford St. In 40- 50 mins, underground at 5 mins walk - 20 mins to cental London on Jubilee line and plenty of shops within walking distance.

the room with 14 people is awful.. but we stay in another room with 4 beds and that's was really good.. but the room with 14 beds is not so safe and there are a lot of noise. The breakfast could be better.

Pretty good hostel though a bit of a distance from Central London. The lack of a common area really makes this place feel a bit impersonal. Breakfast was pretty good, showers ok and security is good as well. Stay here if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of London.

The dormitories are kind of too small for so many people. Rooms were cold; Breakfast was too repetitive; Staff is very kind, location is good and wi-fi worked well.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Portugal

The girl in the bar is not friendly

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Mexico

The room was a little bit cold and not cleaned al all. Alright for the value for the money considering that is London.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Chile

It's Clean, and they have a nice bar. Even though it's a nice neighborhood it's a little too far from the city centre.

Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback and review, Our hostel is only 20 min by tube from the city centre, for a big busy city like London this is really good time, if you take the bus it would take longer due to traffic. Despite this we hope you will choose us again in the future. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

Great bike shed by the bar, friendly and helpful reception staff, good facilities, the WiFi was terrible when I was staying there though :(

Everything was fantastic except there is no heater in the rooms, l enjoyed my stay very well

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback Our hostel has under floor heating this why you have not seen any heaters. We hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

just come again - it's an excellent place

I thought overall this was a very great choice for me to stay. The lock on my storage cabinet had it's battery die and I couldn't remove my things until the utility man came, but other than that everything went perfectly. It was also conveniently located near the Willesden tube station. :)

• 14th Mar 2014

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us, apologies about the lock sometimes the batteries due run out but this is a 5 min fix, I hope you didn't have to wait to long. We hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

Great hostel! Only down side is it's kind of out of the way of the city and the Wifi wasn't working. I loved the atmosphere of the place - very friendly, safe, and fun.

• 14th Mar 2014

Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback and review We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us, unfortunately our WiFi server has crashed during last week and we had to order a new on, this has now been installed and working 100%. We hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

Decent hostel, pretty good location. Liked that there were spacious lockers in the room you could store a cabin sized luggage + a big backpack in. The smell of swimming pool/bleach once you get in the hostel is a bit off-putting [at least you know it's clean], and the tap water there is slimy and weird [it's undrinkable] but you get what you pay for. Shower head in the shower was quite broken though - water spewing out in all directions. Wifi was down a lot of the week we stayed.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

It was just great! The staff were very friendly and helpful , everything was clean (even the toiletts) , and you have allot of opportunities to do something in the hostel (Bar/Pool/Billiard/Card Games/Books etc...). Just arround 10 minutes to the next tube station and in zone 2 wich means that you dont have to pay that much if you want to get to zone 1 . I can recommend this Hostel allot !

• 10th Mar 2014

The stay was pleasant and good and had good sleep for 2 nights and the hostel served my purpose very well with friendly and helpful staff, the hostel is well maintained and clean overall was value for money. Would definitely recommend to everyone.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • India

I would stay there again.

Thank you!!