Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

You need to isolate the 4th floor dorm. And also do something about the bathroom/toilets which are way to small. SOme kind of redesign maybe where toilet and shower is not necessarily together. With regards to 4 bed mixed dorms. You should consider not letting couples staying in those as it creates a weird and somewhat uncomfortable atmosphere, especially if they in my case slept in the same bed.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Denmark

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback, We have taken under account your ideas, in regards with couples staying in 4 bed dorms they are mix dorms unfortunately we can't do that, sleeping in the same bed is not allowed so please report this at reception. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

Hostel was clean and secure, although considering it is pretty far out of London, I didn't feel we got value for money as our room was the size of a shoe box. The staff were friendly, although some of them probably need to work on their english as we had trouble communicating with some of them.

• 9th Jan 2014

The room for 4 persons were very small, we coudn't be the four at the same time

Dear guest Thank you for your review and feedback I'm sorry to hear you have not enjoyed your stay in our 4 bed room, our hostel has a high range of rooms and bigger rooms are available, although all our 4 bed rooms have the same size maybe a room with more beds would be more suitable for your party next time, We hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

The heating didn't work in the top room, it was always freezing cold. The duvet was never washed or changed when someone had checked out only the sheets.

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback, I have reported this to our maintenance team, please accept my sincere apologies for this. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

Very friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Staff is always ready to answer questions in a polite manner. The facilities are cleaned regularly and the cleaning staff is also extremely nice.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback, We will pass along the nice words to our staff members, Please come and visit us again in the future. Kind regards P.L Team

I would totally recommend it if you don't mind spend about 20 minutes to get the city centre. The only cons I can remind are the high temperature there were in the room and the toilet (considering it was winter, I didn't carry in my luggage summer clothes, so I almost melt while sleeping in a winter pyjama) and the lack of wall sockets to charge cameras and phones (nowadays, it's a must). In a shared room, everybody would like to charge their phones at night, so there should be some adaptors.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • kaede8
  • Spain

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback, We apologies about the room temperature, I have reported this issue to my maintenance team. We usually provide 2 sockets per bed, unfortunately all plugs in UK are the same therefore if you are traveling from outside you will need to bring an adapter or you can buy one from our reception. We hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

great hostel! a bit far from the city but so clean and staff is so nice!

Dear Guest Thank you for the review and feedback, Please come and visit us again in the future. Regards Reception P.L Team

location is a bit far from metro, and the corresponding metro takes 15mins from London city centre. But nice staff, both before and after my stay. Quick responses on email, I really appreciated their work.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • China

Reception staff are slow. (Morning of 31/12 - female staff member) Myself and two Japanese girls waited for almost 15mins (clearly waiting to check out) before we were told we just needed to hand our cards in.

• 31st Dec 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights and it was very fun. Nothing wrong about it. They have this fun scavenger hunt game around London and if you complete it you get a free meal or drink. Worth it! Good time.

Was a little pricey but then again it was right after Christmas so I guess that's expected.

the rooms are not clean. 10 mins walk to the station which is fine if your suitcase is not heavy. Breakfast is provided but the choices are really limited. With such a price per person, a better option can be found in London in the same zone.

Fantasic living,cheap ,clean, comfortable.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • China

Overall it was absolutely fine. One idea for improvement (actually, a small claim) : Concerning room B01, the facilities next room - it was very disturbing during the night that the two hand dryers are mounted to the wall between facilities and room B01. You can test yourself pls, when the dryers are operated, it is really loud in B01, as the wall transmits the noise. Perhaps you can change that by mounting the dryers somewhere else or isolate them from the wall.

Poor breakfast, unfriendly stuff quite loud and noisy. Would not recomend to stay here.

Really clean. Really good atmosphere.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Very safe in what seemed a nice neighbourhood. A short tube trip to the city which if you plan to spend a day in without going back frequently is fine. Each room has their own individual RFID lockers per person so your belongings are close at hand and safe. Carpeted floors which are kind of gross for a hostel in my opinion but impeccable shared bathrooms and showers.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was very helpful. Bathrooms were well kept and our trash can was emptied out regularly. All in all, it was a good stay.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Romania

Hi there, Thank you for your words. Hope to see you with us soon! Kind regards

Everything about the hostel itself was very good indeed. The problem I had - which isn't the hostel's fault - is that one of the guys in my dormatory was a maniac, crawling around on the floor at 2am with all the lights on. He even tried to lift the end of my duvet. I couldn't sleep, obviously, so felt rotten in the morning. Not the hostel's fault, but I doubt I'll stay in a hostel ever again!

• 26th Nov 2013

Overall great place to stay for short duration, value-4-money & cool back-packer vibe Pros - 1) Decent location; connectivity by Tube and Bus is good 2) Staff is efficient and smart 3) Guests are a well traveled and well read lot Cons - 1) Bike Shed - Restaurant & Bar is a real downer. Bad food, poor choice of beers/wines, boring music, bartender & waiters that just don't smile 2) Occasionally (weekends) lodge attacked by noisy students guests; spoils the atmosphere

• 25th Nov 2013