Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

Great Hostel , nothing more to say .

• 31st Aug 2013

Robert and Patty offered me the utmost postive customer service. They were very attentive to my situation and I sincerly appreciate their concern and helpfullness. Robert and Patty provided me with wonderful customer service and I am very grateful. I will recommend Palmers Lodge to all my friends. ---Thank you so much . Nana , USA

• 31st Aug 2013

Room was too small, but at least comfy bed. Toilet well cleaned, breakfast was fine too for the price. Location is not far from metro, but streets around are pretty dark, didn't feel safe to walk late night. Staff were ok, gentle but definetely not the warmest.

It's a bit confusing that the same room has different prices depending on the day of the week. The staff is very nice and helpful!

• 30th Aug 2013

Friendly, helpful staff, and a nice, off the beaten path kind of hostel. Great if you're in London for a few days or a few weeks, but ask to avoid the 4th floor, where the elevator is incredibly noisy, and wifi completely inaccessible. The place is clean, and the onsite bar is open late with cheap drinks. (This is good, because the night life in Willesden Green is minimal).

Unfortunatelly I filled in wrongly the dates boxes when doing my booking.So,I did not do the checking according to it, so I was fined with 90 pounds. Obviously it was not my intention to annoy the Hostel. What is more, I booked again in the same Hostel the days I needed (there was plenty of free rooms for 4 people). I understand the policies about booking but in this case I think my mistake was not really a trouble for the Hostel.A refund of the fine would be a very good costumer service.Thanks

• 28th Aug 2013
  • Spain

I highly recommend this Hostel but you might want to a portable fan to help with the summer heat and ear plugs cause some guests like to chat and laugh way past the curfew quiet hours. But I was very impressed with security and cleanliness.

• 27th Aug 2013

Good location, in zone 2. It took us approximately 30 minutes to get to Notting Hill. There is a (little) kitchen, a bar and a restaurant in the hostel. It's a quite big hostel so it's not very friendly; but it's ok: clean, and the breakfast is good (on a même droit à un croissant super bon!)

• 25th Aug 2013

We had two small issues with the room: the tiled floor in the bathroom was EXTREMELY slippery when wet, and our room was located close enough to the elevator that the noise it made while moving could very clearly be heard. This was, thankfully, only a bother on the first night, when we couldn't figure out what was making the weird noise. The breakfast was also a bit dull, but that's probably something that can't be avoided in a budget hostel. Other than that, the hostel was delightful.

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Finland

All facilities very good. Good choice of meals. Unfortunatley i had a carbonara, was plenty of pasta but not enough sauce, maybe a bit less pasta would have been better. Otherwise a great stay.

• 23rd Aug 2013

The hostel was quite clean overall but the pictures on the website can be deceptive. Although far from the centre of the city, there's easy access by bus (stops right in front of the gate) and tube.

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • India

Great facilities such as dryer in the showers. The rooms were large and the location was good. Groceries stores were close by and it is nestled in the outskirts of the city so it has a homely feel.

• 21st Aug 2013

It is a good experience to live in this hostel. The staff is very kindly. I prefer the atmosphere in lunge so much. Nice food, nice service, nice facilities.

We had an amazing stay here. Just like staying in a hotel. Great breakfast in the morning, clean showers and a kitchen you can use. Everything was wonderful! The only down side could be that it is located in Willesden Green, at the end of the London Zone 2, but if you don't mind taking the underground, in 15 mins you're in the town center. Other than that, this is a nice residential area, calm, away from all the bustle and hassle.

Hi Thank you for your lovely review, We are very happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Palmers Lodge Hillspring Team

It was a nice hostel where it was easy to make new friends to explore London. Also clean and felt safe. The breakfast wasn't the most healthy but it was really OK.

The rooms are very small ( they look like a reformatory school) poor breakfast!!, old people, small kitchen. Sorry but I didn't like it at all.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Argentina

Very nice and helpful staff. The bar area was nice and comfortable as well. The WIFI is not great in the rooms, but works pretty good in the common areas. Overall very nice Hostel.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

WiFi is easy and the staff are okay. Was assigned a bed and room and was woken up with a flashlight in my face by a staff member at 3 in the morning demanding to know who I was. Apparently the put me in the wrong room and that was their way of figuring it out. At 3 in the morning. With a flashlight. In my face. Not a pleasant experience. I brought it up to the front desk what had happened and they just awkwardly laughed and shrugged their shoulders. Make sure your room is assigned correctly.

• 15th Aug 2013

Couples shouldn't stay at this hostel. The room is located at the basement and right in front of the common shower rooms. I would recommend this hostel if you like a lot of noise of school classes and the kitchen right above you. The breakfast was very poor as well. The staff didn't clean the room in a whole week.

The hostel is really nice, near to the tube, everything was always clean, the breakfast is really good. The only things that are not good is the staff people, most of them were always with a bad face, and there is a lot of kids so the noise is really boring.

• 10th Aug 2013