Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

my uncle stay here for two nights its was awesome

• Pakistan

Thank you! Please don't forget to book with us before your next trip to London. Palmers Lodge

Very loud tenants and the staff seemed to care very little about it. Private rooms underground.

• Greece

Hello, We do care and very much if guests are making noise and disturbing the peace. As the building is very big sometimes it's really difficult to know if there's noise in a particular room. But we do have a reception open 24 hs and dedicated for this kind of issues. We welcome our guests to come to the front desk and report any problems they might experience. Kind regards

I really enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge. The facilities are good, the staff very friendly and helpful and the room was clean. Thank you - I'm going to come back! :)

• 10th Nov 2014

Dear guest. Thanks a lot for such nice feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Palmers Lodge Hillspring.

I just spent one night in the Hostel, but it was really great. The location is really good (less than 20 minutes you are in the city center) and the staff is nice. The rooms are clean! I liked also the breakfast there, it's simple, but it's good! I will come back :)

• 10th Nov 2014

Thanks a lot! We are happy to know you had a great time. Hope to see you again. Palmers Lodge

Very clean. Good location (close to the Willesden Green metro station, about 25 min to Green Park station) . Very private beds. Good breakfast!

• 8th Nov 2014

Thanks a lot for such nice feedback. We hope to host you again! Palmers Lodge

Really enjoyed our stay here. Staff were great and facilities were fantastic. Thanks!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great to know you had a good time. We are looking forward to welome you again. Palmers Lodge Team

Great place and a greater staff, expecially Kevin! Well done kiddo!

• 7th Nov 2014

Thank you for your nice review. Kevin says 'hi' :) Come and visit us again! Palmers Lodge

Great hostel, nicely out of the busy city centre and fantastic facilities in the room I stayed in (10 bed dorm). Possibly the bar could be open later or the breakfast a little more substantial - I found the "only 1 croissant per person rule" amusing in my half-asleep state! :) - but broadly speaking it was the best place I've stayed in London for a while!

Dear guest. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. In order to keep our breakfast free it has to be pretty basic but substancial to start the day. Regards, Plamers Lodge

No heating in the room, poor breakfast. Never again.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hello, Apologies for any inconvenience caused. But we need to point out that we do have heating in the rooms. In fact, some people are complaining that it might be too hot for moments. Next time, please approach a receptionist and we can solve it straight away for you. As for the breakfast, we know that some people complain about it even though it's free. That's why we are looking into the possibility of bringing a more complete breakfast but charging guests for it. Kind regards.

It is one of the few hostels in London that provides free breakfast, which is fine for me. It is a big hostel, so it's difficult for you to meet and talk to other travelers. I wish there were some pans and pots in the kitchen, so that guests could cook their own food! The bathrooms and toilets are always clean. :)

Hi there and thank you for your review, We are very sorry to hear about the missing pots and pans in the self catering kitchen. It might just happened that they were being cleaned at the moment. Hopefully you can visit us once again and find all the necessary kitchen elements to cook that we provide. Kind regards

I stayed at Palmers Lodge Hill Spring for one night and it was very nice. My room was on the ground floor easy to access and the staff were welcoming and helpful. The outdoors sitting area is very nice and it has a refreshing view of nature.

Dear guest, thank you for your nice words. We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. The Palmers Lodge Team

The 1st night was awfull. People were shouting and screaming. They closed the door really loudly. The toilets were very very very very dirty.... Too much light could get into our room by the window above the door. The second night was better. Less noise. The toilets were ok. But you have to do something for the light... Actually i found it expensive for a youth hostel even if the atmosphere (décoration,staff, ) is quite pleasant.

• Belgium

Thank you for taking your time to leave the review. Our reception is open 24 hours and the night receptionist is there to solve any problem at night, however he cannot be in the whole building at the same time... Next time please report to reception staff any issues. We hope to see you here again. Palmers Lodge Hillspring Team

Personally i thought that the restaurant and bar were a bit expensive.

• India

Dear guest, we do try to keep our prices as low as possible and if you had a walk around our area you would notice that all bars and restaurants are more expenisve. I'm not even mentioning central London... We hope though you will visit us again. Palmers Lodge

Great staff they were all really friendly and quick to help. Other than it being a little bit out of the way, would defiantly recommend this place to people.

• 1st Nov 2014

Thank you for your nice words. We would be happy yo welcome you here again. Palmers Lodge Team

Super helpful and friendly staff!! Good breakfast and nice lounge area!

Thank you for your kind words :) Hope to see you again soon!

The location is great, the underground station is just a short walk away. My room smelled funny though.

• 31st Oct 2014

Thank you for your review! We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. Sorry about the smell. Unfortunatel we cannot control what people bring to the rooms, especially to shared dorms. The Palmers Lodge Team

Great place to stay. It's a little ways out of town but overall worth it. 20 mins on the tube and you're there. Recommended for all.

• 31st Oct 2014

Thank you for your review! We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. The Palmers Lodge Team

Very cleam rooms and facilities, everything has been thought to make the place safe and respectfull. All the staff is also very kind. I'll just maybe add a yoghourt for breakfast ;)

• 30th Oct 2014

I booked two beds in a 14 bedroom (women) for two nights. I think if you stay for a short term its okay. Our room was right next to the toilette. The beds were good. If you don't like thin pillows, probably you should take an small one with you. ;) The breakfast was good, there were toasts, croissants, jams and flakes.

• 30th Oct 2014

Push button showers are the bane of any travellers existence, and the timer on these were in the single digits. Also the temperature would go from freezing to lava and back every ten seconds. Location is well outside central London but only a ten minute walk to metro. My mattress was made of plastic and I couldn't move at night without the whole room being awoken. Wifi worked better in the car park better than anywhere else in the hostel.