Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

I have stayed in many different hostels so far and this one is definitely my number 1. Immaculately clean, nice location, superb facilities, great bar, excellent staff and good prices are its biggest advantages. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

Hi there, Thank you for your lovely review. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience with us and hope to see you soon again. Kind regards

Added bonus of car parking!

• 2nd Jun 2014

The hostel was clean and the staff was nice. but they try to charge you for everything. There was no places to charge your phone or even charge your camera for that matter. There was no outlets anywhere. They have a phone charging station they charge you a few euro for which I think is ridiculous. Then it costed us over 10 euro to do our laundry. We spent so much on added things at that hostel, it was crazy.

really nice staff and really really clean room. really good value for money!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Loved staff and their recomendations. Nice room and breakfast!

• 1st Jun 2014

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time and leave such a lovely review of our staff. We take great pride in our customer service and yet always try and improve. Hope to see you back again soon! Regards!

Great stuff! Fabulous staff, bar/restaurant (I don't drink often, but I like having the option and the food is good and affordable), and you get these MASSIVE lockers in the room, which is absolutely wonderful. Fit all my stuff in there with room to spare! Plus the whole place is soooo clean, it's absolutely unbelievable. It's just outside the center, which is perfect since it's so much quieter but you can still get there really easily. By far one of the nicest hostels I've been to!

Hi there, Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon! Kind regards

The staff are very welcoming and helpful. I liked the room I was in and the people staying at the hostel were amazing - you could have chats. .The hostel is large and has nice big common areas great for mingling and private space too. The breakfast was average. Nice patio for sitting outside - the area of London is really pretty, lots of trees - less hectic than downtown.. Travel to the city center is far.. They need more showers and better ones. I did not like males/female shared washrooms.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us. It's a shame that you didn't consult our reception regarding the bathrooms, as we have one female-only bathroom and you could have had a better stay. Also, we are located a bit far away from the city centre, it is true. But luckily we have the Willesden Green underground station very close to our hostel making it very easy to get anywhere in London. Getting to the city centre takes less than 15 min! :)

The only real problem with this hostel I found is the fact that they have dorms in the basement of the building with 1 small window to provide fresh air and any daylight, it gets quite smelly with 10 people sleeping in there! Also one dorm is right next to the laundry room which isn't very pleasant..... If you are staying here request a room NOT in the basement and you will have a better stay! Staff were nice, good location and plenty of spaces to relax around the place though.

• 27th May 2014

Overall this hostel is very nice. Clean and the staff is friendly. It is quite easy to get to many areas of London by the tube but as someone who enjoys walking a lot I wish it was a little more central. The breakfast was quite good as well!

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time and review us. We're glad to hear you had a nice experience with us and hope to see you back again soon. Kind regards

I have left my grey holister hoodie at the hotel, it was a birthday present and I really hope it is in lost property. if it is, could someone contact me to arrange it to be posted home, of course I will cover all costs. thank you!

• 24th May 2014

I just wanted a quiet night and somewhere to getmy head down in London with an easy commute to the centre. this place was a good option being close to the jubilee line but in a quiet and safe feeling neighbourhood. The dorm beds have curtains over them, so i was able to get an early night, but was still glad to have ear plugs and an eye mask. At the same time, the atmosphere was friendly so this would be a good place to meet fellow travellers if that's what you're after.

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Kind regards

Having a plug by each bed was great for charging my phone. The water temp in the showers was very temperamental.

• 24th May 2014

Very enjoyable stay but the staff were terriable, when I arrived I waited 20 mins before I was seen by a member of staff as they were more interested in talking and phoning there friends so apart from the staff it was very good. I was impressed with the stay.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Wales

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about what happened during your check-in process. We will investigate further as it's our goal to have the best customer service possible and actions like this are unacceptable. We deeply apologise and hope to see you staying with us again so we can give you a better and improved service. Kind regards

Really nice staff, helpful and very friendly.

• 20th May 2014
  • Poland

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear you had a great time with us and hope to see you again soon! Kind regards.

Showers could be better: more hooks/shelves etc

• 19th May 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are constantly trying to bring a better service so we took your review in consideration and we'll check if we can fit more hooks for you convenience next time. As for the rest, we hope that you had a good stay and we wish to have you with us again soon :) Kind regards

This was my first stay at a hostel,and it was great! I met some cool backpackers,along with other travelers. The staff was all awesome except for the heavy brunette from canada....she could have been friendlier.Cheers

• 18th May 2014
  • Cape Verde

Everything here was great! The beds were comfortable and private, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was good, fairly clean, and beautiful part of town. Only downfalls would be location and the clothes dryer. Definitely take the "tube" into the city with the Oyster card (only 25ish minutes). You can only put 5 - 20 pence in the machine at a time and it barely drys your clothes. It took a very long time.

Only stayed here once - Unfortunately judging it compared to the other Palmers Lodge down the road. Positives - good security - you feel safe. The rooms are nice. Free continental breakfast. No cash deposit to pay. Negatives - almost certainly a converted public school. Just a little bit too far out of the way. Not as good as the other one!

i stayed at 22 mixed dorm, its amazing because people are so understanding each other and not really make lots of noise, despite the place is kinda far from the city but you got your oyster card and there's no problem at all. i really love that every bed have their own privacy (gorden) love it

Dear Guest, thank you for the comment! Hope see you soon again in our hostels!

Not really in the city center but easy to get to ... directions are a little bit misleading - access without keycard (newcomers) is easier from the backyard. It was very nice to have the beds already made and shampoo and hairdryer available in the rooms. My mum missed hangers ... and I a little bit more storage space. But it's still a youth hostel. The breakfast was simple but plenty and good. We felt very comfortable!

(1973 results)