Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

normally I would only do goods unless it was outstanding , so I was obviousy impressed. The only negative comment the boys could come up with was that the toilet paper was a bit hard,they're normally pampered andrex boys, and it's that all the critisism tenagers can come up with it must have been well above 'good' . Thanks. Annette

• 27th Oct 2014

Pleasant stay. Nice atmosphere/common areas. But room was very sad: dark, in the basement, without any wardrobe/hangars, very smelly (impossible to open the tiny little window at the very top), felt like in a cell. Tiny bathroom overall ok, except for the shower temperature quite hard to settle (high water pressure).

• 27th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review. You're right, that the rooms are quite dark. Sorry for that! We're planning to change this. The Palmers Lodge Team

Very pleasant and helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay and am going back. Felt very safe and secure.

Dear guest, thank you for your nice words. We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. The Palmers Lodge Team

The Hostel staff was very nice, Though it was a little far to get from the hostel to the center of town, I would stay again.

• 25th Oct 2014

The service is not bad but the price is high considering that shared rooms are very small, need to keep all properties packed in the small available box, very few space to move in the multiple-people rooms. Breakfast should have more variety of foods.

• 25th Oct 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that you hadn't enough place for your properties. For people, who have a lot of properties, we provide lockers in the basement. The Palmers Lodge Team

For Hostel in the Greater London area, Palmers Lodge was good value for money. It's located a short 10 minute walk away from the Willesden Green Underground Station. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and welcoming. The security within the Lodge was great and I liked the inclusion of the safe in our room. My only recommendation is to repair the bed - It was horribly squeaky! The hostel's atmosphere was relaxed. I would stay there again.

Was disappointed with the size of the lockers provided in the 10-person dorms. Most of the people in my dorm, including myself had to leave bags out and laying around in the small room because they could not fit their bags in the lockers. I also expected to have two beds near or on top of each other. Instead, my boyfriend and I were on opposite ends of the room.

• 24th Oct 2014

Great find, lovely decor and friendly staff.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Bermuda

Thank you for your nice words. We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. The Palmers Lodge Team

Good bedroom with lots of privacy and comfortable quiet beds,

Thank you for your review. We're looking forward to welcome you in our hostel again. The Palmers Lodge Team

I've used a few London hostels and this has been the best. Feels more like a budget hotel. Best features: chunky wooden bunk beds with individual reading lights; huge, card-accessed storage lockers in rooms that fit a large suitcase; plenty of bathroom facilities so there's rarely a queue; impressive cleanliness - everywhere was regularly cleaned (properly) and smelled fresh. Minor downsides: beds don't all have curtains, this is misleading; showers could use a private dry changing area.

• 19th Oct 2014

I liked this hostel, it was clean and had all the facilities you need. The only problem was the location, too far away from the centre.

Good beds with privacy curtains clean showers that need more ventilation the windows located under the deck should be saled and double glased : very noisy

This hostel, relatively close to the Tube and not too many stops from sights, activities, restaurants, etc., is nonetheless a bit of a bummer for being in an out-of-the way residential area. The building and facilities are all a bit dark and worn-out. The rooms while generally clean, are kind of cavernous and the clientele can be a bit shady.

The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, and the hostel itself was great. The rooms had everything and the atmosphere was great. I met a lot of people disappointed with the distance away from city center, but it didn't bother me at all.

Palmers Lodge treated me better than well! I really enjoyed my stay. The staff and the atmosphere in the hostel is great. The location is peaceful and you can find the place near the tube station and with many bus stops nearby so moving around is rather easy. The beds are comfortable and even when not staying in a single room they offer you privacy and sweet dreams. Thank you so much guys, stay awesome! ♥

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Finland

I liked that there were many bathroom facilities and they were cleaned regularly - it was quite a hygienic feeling. Beds in 10-bed-rooms have curtains which is quite practical, offers privacy. My room was in the bacement, therefore ventillation was not so effective. However, the room was more spacious than as usual, and the furniture was relatively new and practical. Paying by debit card comes with an extra fee - dislike. All in all, I think the value for your money is quite okay here.

I stayed 4 nights at this hostel including weekend and changed room three times ( but I knew it before booking), 2 rooms of 4 and one of 10 people. Despite the fact that the hostel was fully booked the hostel was a very quite, very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly all of them could speak several languages. £20 per night is very cheap for London, the tube station was just 5 minutes walk away.

• 16th Oct 2014

Big dormitories, can get noisy... Often big busses bringing groups for the night : not really respectful or friendly with others who came alone. Older clients than an average backpack. A bit far from the train station if rainy day Great facilities (restaurant, bar, internet, power point, lockers...) Clean and well maintained

I am sad to say the hostel has lowered its standards since the last time I visited. A little bit pricey for what you get.

This is my first time in staying in a hostel just trying to experience it first hand since i being an owner myself of a hostel in my country namely 1 River Central and Stone House. I certainly enjoyed the place. If you are young adventurous and would like to meet other backpacker then this is the place to be. the place might not be in the city centre but it is close to the TUBE station and the nightly bus is just in front of the Hostel. So if you plan to go out at night no problem .

• 14th Oct 2014