Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

The lift is too noisy at night, which affects sleep.

The breakfast on offer was misleadingly basic.

• 19th Dec 2014

Dear guest, I am really sorry to hear that you did not like our breakfast. However, I would like to point out that we still have it for free and in order to keep it complimentary we cannot really add more stuff to it. Regards, Palmers Lodge Hillspring

Great hostel ticks all the boxes You can't go wrong staying here😃

It's great to hear that! Hope to see you soon :)

Very good hostel- easy to get to and clean, well equipped facilities. The staff at the front desk could have been more friendly, however.

Hi there, Sorry to hear that about the staff. We usually receive very good reviews about them so this is very shocking to us abd we will investigate further. Kind regards

I was very pleased in general. Just one thing the smell of bleach was at times too strong.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding the smell of bleach. We know sometimes it's strong but that's just because we take cleanliness very seriously and the bathrooms get cleaned 5 times a day. Kind regards

It is a very fine hostel. Excellent value for money. The staff are welcoming and helpful. The atmosphere is relaxing and cool. I have stayed in this hostel a few times and in this occasion I would like to mention that the Breakfast Chef is a brilliant member of the staff and so is his team. He certainly deserves recognition for all his good work if not extra bonus! Hoping that this comment gets to the right boss. ;-) Thank you for such a nice time here. Merry Christmas.

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass your nice words to Edgar. See you!

except from the groups of 100 teenagers that bother at breakfast or lunch time in the kitchen, everything is excellent ! staff is extraordinary and can become real friends, they help in all senses ... I had a gorgeous stay !!! I would always come back :)

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay! We are looking forward to seeing you again :)

I absolutely loved staying here. Super clean, safe, and secure. It's about a 20 minute trek to central tho, that's the only minor dislike. However, if you don't mind taking the tube then it's perfect! Loved the clean rooms and the free breakfast in the morning.

Thanks a lot for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Excellent hostel - one of the best I've stayed so far. It offers a simple but nice breakfast, free coffee/tea/drinking water, clean bathrooms and showers, free lockers in the room, a decent location, and a really pleasant staff. The bed was comfortable enough. I'll probably go there again next time I'm in London. Great value for money - Definitely recommend.

Great! We will be happy to host you at Hillspring again :)

We had a lovely stay at your hostel. Rooms and facilities were very clean and staff was super kind. My only complaint would be the second floor showers were frequently out of order and always were extremely cold. Other than the shower issue we had a great time, thank you :)

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Dear guest, thanks for your comment. I am very sorry about the showers on the second floor however we had to do some urgent maintenance work there. Hope to see you again!

The facilities are very clean. I loved how you could get a clean towel every day. It is a bit out of the way, however. My friend and I (two young women) had a scary experience with a man in a truck following us down the street outside, and when we told the hostel staff they were extremely unhelpful- they didn't even know how to call the police to report it!!

Thank you for your review, We are going to investigate further about this case and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. All of our receptionists are trained on how to call the the police or ambulance in case of an emergency. We keep the important numbers just next to our computers so this sounds very strange to us. Probably it was a misunderstanding as what they might have not know was how to report it if they didn't know more details about it. Such as license plate, truck model, etc.

I have stayed in a 14 female dorm and it is a nice spacious and a modern room The beds are comfortable with its own light and curtains also a nice and clean duvet. The hotel facilities are very good and the atmosphere is relaxing. I also like the location, it is away from city noise but also not too far from many shops bars and restaurants.

Dear guest, we are happy to receive such a good review. See you soon!

This is a simple, pristinely clean hostel. The internet is super fast and available throughout. The beds are comfy, althought the mattresses are synthetic so they don't breath and you might find yourself waking up a little sweaty! More multi plugs in the rooms would help, some have them, some don't. The food is below average, thought the chef seems perfectly capable by the food that he makes for the managers! Some of the showers run hot and cold. Great value overall but lacks sparkle.

Dear guest, Thank you for taking your time to leave us the feedback. We do appreciate all comments left by our guests. We are currently working on changing our menu and this is why the chefs are experimenting a little bit. Also, the synthetic mattresses are being replaced step by step. Regards, Palmers Lodge Hillspring

The stay was all in all excellent, the only minus was that we could only get cold water from the showers D:

Dear guest. Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about the water temperature. I wish I had been reported as it is an easy fix for us. We just need to be told about the problem first. Regards, Palmers Lodge Hillspring

I got a 10 person (mixed gender) dorm room, and the smell was horrific. Our room smelt like someone had left out french fries and ketchup for a month. Every time I walked in there I nearly puked. The location is average, the Tube is a really good transit system so it is easy to get from point A to B. The staff were really friendly and helpful, except for one receptionist who was just recently hired. She gave me the wrong directions for the tube when I was trying to get somewhere.

Thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that the room smelled so bad however it is very difficult to control what guests bring or keep in the big dorms. I wish you had asked to be moved to a different room. We would happily give you an upgrade. Palmers Lodge Hillspring

Great hostel..can't recomend highly enough!

• 28th Nov 2014

Thanks a lot! Hope to see you again :)

The way to the Hostel takes a bit from the City Centre, but it's worth the trip! The staff is very nice and helps whereever needed, the rooms are big enough, and the beds sleep awesome!

Dear guest. We are happy to learn you had a good time. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Bedding looks clean but I woke to find I was bitten during the night. Not a happy backpacker complained to staff was moved to my delight,but should I have paid for sleeping in a dirty bed I think not

Very clean, very safe, stayed here twice. First time was in a 14 bed dorm, very nice, curtains made for perfect privacy. Second time was in a four bed dorm and the lockers were provided and opened with my room key. Located a it far but the tube station is pretty close. Definitely would recommend this place.

• 27th Nov 2014

Dear guest. We are glad to know you had a good stay. We will be very happy to host you again!

Being able to get free breakfast but also order low-cost meals was nice.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again!