Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

More variety to the breakfast please

• 23rd Nov 2013

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are trying to improve our menu for diners and breakfast. As the breakfast is free we can only offer a continental breakfast. But we are thinking about introducing an option for a breakfast upgrade and this one will include ham, cheese, fruits and a selection of pastries. Hope you'll stay with us soon! Kind regards

Bad breakfast

Hi there, We are trying to improve our menu for breakfast. As it's is free we can only offer a continental breakfast. But we are thinking about introducing an option for a breakfast upgrade. This one will include ham, cheese, fruits and a selection of pastries. Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge team.

The private showers are great, but the collective ones are not, there is no place to leave your stuff. The rooms are quite small, no room for big bags. The Three 3G sign was terrible in every corner and the WIFI signal was very unstable, mostly bad. The breakfast has little variety, the 'lovely ladies' from the bar are not lovely AT ALL. The reception staff was usually nice, but not always. And letting people smoke right at the door is terrible, we can never get away from the smoke.

It is the best hostel I have been, hands down. The staff is great, the place is warm and cool, and the prices of the meals are fantastic. You can eat like a king for a peasant pitance. The dorms are very cozy and the bunks comfortable. Plugs in all beds and nice lockers down bed. You can also hire a safe for 5 pounds a week. The location could not be better, not in the madness of the zone 1 but 3 streets. from jubilee line (direct to westminster abey, baker and bond street and connections).

Don't change anything, staff, facilities, prices, cleanliness and location are very nice, i'll recommand this hostel at every member of my family or crew who want to spent time in London. We enjoy a lot our week, again, I thank you.

• 19th Nov 2013

I really wanted to like my stay at Palmer's Lodge. The staff were friendly and the facilities clean. Unfortunately my room fell short. I paid extra for a private, which was on the lower level, and my windows right next to the kitchen/dumpster. Every morning between 6:00-6:30 the noise started and made it impossible to sleep. I asked about ear plugs, but was told I had to buy them from a machine. My overhead light also didn't work. I wouldn't stay here again for fear I would get the same room.

• 10th Nov 2013
  • shteuch

Hi there and thank you for your review. We're very sorry for the noise caused, we are looking at how we can better sound proof these rooms over the winter. Hope that this experience wasn't too bad and we wish to have you with us again soon. Kind regards

Had a great time there. The hostel is clean and fast to reach. Nice area around and a safe yard. Never had a bad feeling. Only some guests didn't know how to be silent.

I loved the breakfast, large range. The bathroom was beautiful and the staff were fantastic. I would definitely stay again.

I stayed with two friends at a female dorm, which was on the third floor. I was expecting more noises especially because you can hear the elevator. The staff was really nice when we had some troubles of changing a bed but they did not understand that the plug socket in our room was not working. The "continental" breakfast was toast as much as you want with salted butter and three kinds of marmelade and one crosant per customer. It was very close to the next tube stations. Good hostel anyways.

great hostel to stay in

• 4th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

First night we stayed in the 10-person dorm, there was a pair of girl's undies in my bed and piece of chewing gum stuck to the bedroom post. Bathrooms are clean. In the second night the staff were kind enough to let us stay in a 4-person dorm for no extra cost which was kind of them.

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Hi there and thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you had to experience that uncomfortable situation. Sometimes the guests take the wrong beds so maybe another girl thought that that one was her bed. Hope that this experience wasn't too bad and we wish to have you with us again soon :) Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge team

We were given a basement room, which turned out to be under the kitchen, so was very noisy all night and very early in the morning. In addition, someone started hoovering the corridor outside our room before 8am on the Sunday morning! I don't think the basement rooms are good value for money, but I did not see any of the other rooms so I don't know how they compare. (We were in a private double room). However, friendly staff, 24hr reception and fairly easy to find.

Hi there and thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you couldn't enjoy your stay at it's best. It's very strange that you heard noise coming from the kitchen during the night since we close it at 23:00. Probably it was a noisy guest and we really apologise for that. Hope that this experience wasn't too bad and we wish to have you with us again soon :) Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge team.

Facilities were good but we had a room in the lower ground which didn't have a window opening to outside. This meant the room was very stuffy, even after using the fan in the shower to try and circulate the air. Apart from that we were very happy with everything else.

It was great, next time we'll be in London, we'll stay in palmers lodge again :)

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

I had to stay at this one as the Swiss Cottage one was full. When I arrived 3 coach loads of students had too and were 'excitable' but despite my anxious arrival, I slept sound. Room was clean, facilities too, very spacious place. I was keen to see the tai chi class and Buddhist temple down the road. I'd come back - it was a good bed for the night and close to train station. I still prefer SC.

• 29th Oct 2013

I really enjoyed this hostel. It may be out of the central heart of London but it makes up for that with the crazy decorations, very nice and sociably bar on sight and the exceptional staff. When I return to London I am going to try to stay the entirety of my trip here. 5 Stars

Good wifi, 22 bed dorm has plenty of space and each bed has a curtain. A lot of school groups around, 5-10min walk to tube. Free tea and coffee. No kitchen and clean bathrooms!

Wonderful staff, great atmosphere, good food, incredible value for money. Couldn't have asked for a better stay!

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Wales

The hostel had an amazing atmosphere, the rooms were clean, comfortable, and secure, and staff was very friendly and helpful.

Having stayed in four different hostels across London, I'd say this is the one I'd be most likely to return to. It's not as far out of the city center as it might look on the map, and the neighborhood is much more representative of where the typical Londoner lives than, say, the area around Victoria Station. (Trees!) It wasn't discounted as much as one might hope for being on the edge of Zone 3 and the credit card/atm/towel surcharges were kind of high, but, then again, it's still London...