Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

I stayed a week here in the 14 bedroon dorm and the 4 bedroom door. The self catering kitchen was tiny and the showers would sometimes go from scalding hot to cold. Despite these things I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay here again.

Sleeping in bunk beds was horrible! The mattress felt very old. There is a recurrent noise since I arrived until I left. I could not sleep. I don't know if it comes from the lift or what it is. Apart from that the wireless did not work in my bedroom 114. I had to go outside and sit on the floor to get it. Breakfast is served too late at 7.30 instead of 7.00 as mentioned in the leaflet. I had to leave at 7.00 with no breakfast and without any rest. I would not recommend it on my worst enemy!

• 28th Jan 2015

Just some noises from the lift, disturb our sleep.

• 26th Jan 2015

This is the place to live!!! Happiness, meetings, amazing breakfast, parties and good memories guaranteed! Staff absolutely adorable as well !

• 26th Jan 2015

the food is absolutely terrible. The staff that work in the restaurant are ill mannered.

We really like the ubication.The staff were attentive but unfortunately they are overworked,and there is no real commu nication between them,so the service was poor.During check in we were located in a mixt dorm instead a female dorm, and my locker could also be open with another guest card,so my personal belongings were compromised.The bath rooms/shower at the 1st floor were not working properly during our stay. But,the breakfast was very good, the kitchen staff keep all clean and ready.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Not a great experience. Made to wait over 40 minutes by reception before I could even check-in and that set tone for the stay. Towels I paid for were given to me dirty. Didn't expect lots but it still came poorly.

• 20th Jan 2015

Great hostel Nice breakfast

The location is on a street that's not well lit. The heat was up so high during the night I woke up in a sweat. The rooms are small and feel cramped. Stay someplace else.

Extremely helpful staff. Very pleasant location not so far from city centre by subway. Clean and cosy rooms. Tasty breakfasts included in price. great facilities. Definitely worth recommending.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • jarekhalat
  • Poland

really liked the hostel other then the beds which where not very comfortable to sleep on other then that i loved everything.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Hi there and thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you didn't find the bed that comfortable to sleep. This feedback helps us to know where we can improve our service. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards.

I like to your hostel, so I always chose your hostel. thank you ! but if possible, if I find out some facilities are broken, I always say to hotel staffs, but no fix sometimes...... I found out this time, our room 107, they didnt have no light at washstand. I told front section about it, but not fix during I stay.....or underground hand shower room has broken shower hand. hope hostel change it . it was unconvinience......I love hand shower, but it was splash everywhere....

I have stayed in this hostel 2 nights and I can say that I regret having booked for this hostel for several reasons. My main problem was with the noise being generated from the lift. In this hostel, you will not be able to get proper rest (at least on the 4th floor) since everytime someone uses the elevator it makes a huge amount of noise. Moreover, cleaning is the worst I have ever seen since in my bed there was at least 4 chewing gums that I counted stuck in my bed from previous clientes.

Doesn'T costumers that speak portuguese.

A pleasant stay in Palmers Lodge !

• 7th Jan 2015

Bonjour Julie, Merci pour ton commentaire ! En espérant te revoir bientôt dans l'une de nos auberges. See you soon ! L'équipe du Palmers Lodge

I realy enjoyed my staying in the hostel, it was clean, comfertable (even I was staying in a 14 bed doorms room), the stuff was nice and helpfull with a simple breakfast. The hostel is not in the city center but very close to public transportation during all the hours of the day and night! recommanded!

Thank you for your nice comments. Hope to have you again with us!

My stay was brilliant! This place is just a very good place to stay when traveling to London. A member of staff in reception called Cass was very good and helpful, a great and cheerful welcoming to the hostel. The facilities are excellent and how clean they are makes them even better! The atmosphere is relaxing and cool. It feels safe, and if you are looking for a quiet time, there is plenty of space to enjoy that as well! Thank you!

Great hostel, a bit far from downtown London but you can easily move through the Underground or the bus. Great staff, always there to help you, it is clean spacious and safe. Definitely recommend, it is in a quiet area and guests are friendly and quiet. Cheers to everyone :D

Too far from the center, cranky desk people, no toilet in the room even though there's a shower.

Hi there. The hostel is located in Zone 2 of London, only a few minutes away from an underground station. From there, the Jubilee line gets to the city centre in less than 15 minutes. That can't be too far, depending on the desire to be in the center of the action or just relaxing in a more quiet area. The room facilities are described clearly on the website. In your case, you booked a 14 bed dorm. And we don't advertise it as having toilets or showers. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Only complaint is that the wireless at the end of the hall on the second floor is basically unusable--signal strength was too low and kept dropping entirely.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that. Depending on the device the signal might be stronger or not, but we are aware that there are some points were the coverage it's not optimal and we are looking to improve it. Kind regards