Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

We stayed in the big dorm which is on level 4. It had two ensuites which were the tiniest toilet/shower combos you have ever seen. The location is not that good as its a bit of a walk to the nearest tube station and further out of central London. The atmosphere was ok but we noticed a lot of families and very young travelers.

Very average hostel with good location

Palmers was a nice place but it was really far from everthing!! It would take us 10 min just to walk to the underground and then another 20 min to even get near the city center. The walls are very thin so we were able to hear everyone in the hallways. The beds and showers were nice but breakfast is just croissants and terrible orange juice. We only stayed one night then moved somewhere closers since this is in the middle of nowhere.

It was terribly hot in the room, too hot to sleep at night. Too small room for four.

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Spain

A little bit far from London city but with the bus you can easily reach the Hostel and tube station is just 5-10 minutes walk. Services and facilities are good. We were a couple and took the PRIVATE ENSUITE ROOM SUPERIOR with bathroom inside. The room was very good, standard level as IBIS or budgets hotels. TV, hairdryer, safebox, towels, shampoo and soap. Quiet room. I didn't have breakfast! For a short stay and for people who manage London well it is a good solution. Worth it!

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Switzerland

We hostel allot, an di can safely say this is the cleanest and when we went there quietest hostel we have been to so far

This hostel is a very good place to stay if you're on a budget. Getting to the center took about 20 min(walk+underground). The staff was helpful and nice, especially the girls at the bar :) The hostel felt secure. I stayed on the 2nd floor and the showers and toilets there were clean.

• Iceland

The breakfast was terrible!

• 11th Jul 2013

Dear Guest Thank you for your review, can you please send us a more detail email with what was wrong with the breakfast it would give us a chance for use to improve, please send an email at feedback@palmerslodge.co.uk. Thank you Robert Stanca Manager

Good atmosphere, but warm nights and a room where you hear your neighbors

• Denmark

Was very very noisy because of the young people in the hostel in the coridor all the night..... But Palmers Lodge is very clean and the staff is friendly. The only negativ point is about the towel : we have to pay for it... I think it could be free !

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback, We apologies about the noise during the night, we will try to do more security walk arounds more often to avoid this, Our towels only cost £1.50 to rent, if you book a private room they are free. We hope to see you again in the future. Regards Reception

Simpathy (the staff and all the users, generaly) , a lot of sapce to walk and sit, good organization. Simpathy (the staff and all the users, generaly) , a lot of sapce to walk and sit, good organization. Simpathy (the staff and all the users, generaly) , a lot of sapce to walk and sit, good organization. Simpathy (the staff and all the users, generaly) , a lot of sapce to walk and sit, good organization. Simpathy (the staff and all the users, generaly) , a lot of sapce to walk and sit, good

We found this stay very good, it was very near the town and the tube station which made it good for travel access. I would definitely stay here again as I found it very enjoyable and the atmosphere was great.

• 8th Jul 2013

I traveled solo and stayed here for six nights in the 4 bed female dorm. I was lucky to have awesome roommates for most of my stay. I liked the free breakfast, clean showers, friendly staff. Quick walk to the Jubilee Line which got me anywhere I wanted to explore in London. The only complaint I have is about the AWFUL group of German middle school students. The first night I was there they were screaming in the hallways until 2 or 3 in the morning.

Good hostel

I am thoroughly enjoying my stay, made lot's of friends and am sure to return again and again.

• 7th Jul 2013

outstanding.

We had a very nice stay. I have stayed in many hostels but this one is the best.

Stayed one night in a twin room. The room had bunkbeds and a private toilet. Showers are nice and clean. Hard to find as the directions given on their page is a bit confusing. Staff did not give a really good first impression.

Very clean and tidy. Too many people, atmosphere is more like in a hotel. Dorms are at the basement. Electric adapters only sold for £5 (not for deposit), lock for the locker is for 1£ per day (not for deposit). So don't forget your commonwealth adapter and your own padlock. But still a nice place to sleep.

When we arrived at the hostel on the first night to check in it become apparent that our room only had a private shower when at the time of booking it appeared that our room would come with a private loo as well. This was very disappointing. Also we were woken up at midnight by a noisy german school group playing in the corridor, there seemed to be no policing of the respect for other guests policy. On the plus side the atmosphere is great and the free breakfast is really a bonus.

Dear Guest Thank you for your review and feedback, I have checked your booking on hostelworld and you have booked a Twin Private with Shared Bathroom which is the room we have allocated you to, never the less if this is a problem please let us know next time we also have some outside private bathrooms that we can give to our guests. We hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager