Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

I stayed here because I was attending a show at Wembley, which is only a short tube ride away. Nice, clean hostel with good breakfast ( croissants, toast, jam, cereal, tea/coffee, juice ). Secure lockers in the room, which you can lock with your keycard. I had plenty of cupboard space next to my bed, which is also sometimes a rarity in hostels. Also liked the night lamp & that some light was shining through from the hallway, so you can easily navigate in the room without having to wake anyone

Staff were very unhelpful- not only were they not particularly useful in regards to the hostel itself, but they knew nothing about London. The one advantage was access to showers before and after check in, which was necessary since there is no 24hr check-in.

Wish the staff were more talkative and welcoming. It's a great place to stay as far as value for money, going the extra mile would make the place fantastic.

• 24th Oct 2013

lovely hostel with free computers to use, an included continental breakfast each morning. my 4 person bedroom was small but it did the job and i got sleep. wish someone would have told me i could have gotten a towel at reception. i'd happily stay there again.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

Very good hostel. The only downside is that is about 30 min away from London and the only gym close by doesn't have one day pass.

Great place! Slightly more "hotel-like" than "hostel-like" (as hostels go, that is), but that was fine. Meals provided were perhaps the greatest deal in London; helped me budget well to get a meal with drink for less than GBP6! I wish there was a more active (paper) bulletin board or other system listing local events, etc; when I asked at the desk -- a few different people over my stay -- what was going on in the neighborhood, the responses I got were pretty non-comittal.

Second time I have stayed here and the second time it was excellent

there is absolutely nothing bad to say about this hostel. I love to stay there when ever I come to London. It is clean, in a quiet and good area, the staff is friendly, the beds are comfortable.

Hostel was very tidy and clean especially showers and toilets what is quite important for me. Prices at the bar are good. Hostel is situated around 30-45 minutes by bus from city center, but in front of the hostel is a 24h bus stop going directly from/to Oxford Circus.

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Poland

Amenities are fair. Bathrooms were kept clean and bedding upon check-in was clean. Wifi connectivity is unstable if you plan on using Skype however, for basic internet use it will work fine. Furniture in common areas is a little more run down than what is shown in pictures. Location is quite far from Central London (30-50 mins by bus) especially on weekends when the nearest tube line doesn't run. Good place to rest your head for the night, not convenient if spending more time in Central London.

• 11th Oct 2013

A clean hostel but my stay was disrupted by large groups of German schoolchildren running around. There were also a lot of middle aged men hanging around the hostel. The staff were friendly but to be honest the place lacks any real vibe as is more like a school. The staff were friendly but the place lacks any real vibe and to be honest is more like a school.

I liked the hostel. It was nice with good facilities. But one of the female staff was abit abrupt at times.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • British Virgin Islands

Great stay, thanks. Bed comfortable and room adequate - excellent for the price.

• 6th Oct 2013

there can only be one criticism... someone needs to build rebuild the train station next so it's next door! Easily the best hostel in London for a short stay. Bus stop right outside but train and tube 10 mins walk away Proves a hostel can work without cutting every corners

I would change the bedding to a plain white duvet. The current bedding looks sketchy.

• 4th Oct 2013

The hot water in the shower would alternate between lukewarm and scaliding, and the pillows and sheets made my ears itchy. However, the staff, security, and location were all superb, making this a very cost-efficient place to stay.

• 30th Sep 2013

Dear Guest Thank you for your review We will investigate this straight away and get it fixed Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

brilliant

Excellent hostel

Hi Thank you for the lovely review !!! We hope you will visit us again in the future Kind regards Palmers Lodge Hillspring Team

Palmers Lodge - Hillspring has to revise the training they give to their staff members, as many of them are not very nice.

Hi Thank you for your feedback If you could please contact us directly regarding this that would be much helpful Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager

Great place to stay. It's a little far from the city but only a 10 minute walk from the underground so getting into the city is easy. The toilets don't flush well but that seems to be more of a water pressure issue all over London. But it was a little annoying to find clogged toilets or flush 4 times just to get paper down. Most of the staff were very helpful and pleasant. Free wifi and breakfast was greatly appreciated!

Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback this is quite helpful for us, We have passed this along to our maintenance team and they have already fixed the issue with the flashers. We hope to see you again in the future. Kind regards Robert Stanca Manager