Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

They cleaned the bathrooms and floors very well but with a kind of bleach and the smell I didn't like. When I was there there were a lot of groups of students, so very noisy. If you look for a small and intimate hostel this hostel will not the one you would like to stay

Nice place!

Excellent atmosphere, staff are very kind and attentive! If I have to come back to London I already know where I will stay!!

This hostel is alright. I'm sure there are better at a similar price in London though. The biggest negative here is that is really is way out in the sticks in North London. The Underground is only about a 10 minute walk away so getting into town isn't a huge hassle but it's still feels quite far from London proper. The hostel itself does what it advertises - breakfast is average, wifi is good in the common areas (did not get it in 4th floor room), bathrooms were too small for my liking. 6/10

Very very dirty. Needs a thorough cleaning and the location of some rooms - ie., the dingy basement under the stairwell is just ridiuclous.

Very friendly place. Have stayed there a couple of times. Definitely I recomend the place.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Great for school trips not so much for backpackers.

perfect location for a trip to wembley, both wembley park and willdens green on same jubilee underground line

• 9th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

My staying at Palmers Lodge Hillspring was great! I was really happy about the cleanliness of the hostel and the staff's friendliness. My 4-bed mixed room was a bit small, however it was cosy and quite silent at night. The restaurant served good food and the small pub can offer some good drinks and the possibility to play billiard and darts. And finally, the possibility to meet interesting people from all the world. A really nice experience!

• 6th Oct 2014

Staff fantastic very helpful and friendly bar staff made you feel very welcome.

I am sad to say the hostel has lowered its standards since the last time I visited. A little bit pricey for what you get.

Room's were far too small, smaller than advertised on the website, and where located in a dark basement with cloudy and dirty windows. There where bugs all over the walls too.

• 4th Oct 2014

I stayed here for eight consecutive nights and found it to be one of the best-run hostels I've ever stayed in. - Staff members are very friendly and helpful, especially Cass and Kevin at reception. - Cleaners do a fantastic job in ensuring that such a big hostel is kept in very good condition. - Complimentary breakfast is better than many other places. - Bunk beds are among the best I've ever seen. - Secure cupboards are fantastic. - Lounge and bar are really nice places to relax.

it was a great experience to spend this vacation in your hostel

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Egypt

Best hostel I've stayed at! Definitely planning on coming back. Awesome atmosphere and amazing staff. Tommy and Mr. Ed were especially friendly and useful in helping me make the most of my trip to London. I would have gotten lost so many times without them. Thanks for an fantastic stay :)

I was travelling in a large group and we all had different arrival and departure times. The staff was very accommodating with check-in and check-out. Also, they gave great information and tips on things to do in the city, as well as offering discount tickets for major attractions. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, and I was never worried about my safety. From start to finish the entire experience was a very comfortable and pleasant one.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Thanks for welcoming us so warmheartedly at the registration ( young gentleman from Spain). We stayed in room 300 ? and we would have appreciated two glasses for toothbrushing and a storage place under the mirror in the bathroom. It seems that the broken glas had not been repaired, it was simply missing. Nevertheless thanks and we'll come back. G. Momberg-Greschke

• 2nd Oct 2014

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is 25min from London centre, tube is a 10min walk away. Bus 206 stops outside the hostel, but you will likely have to jump on a connecting bus to your destination. The cleanliness stood out most: facilities are kept in immaculate condition. The beds were comfortable and sheets were very clean and fresh smelling. Breakfast free but expect only 1 croissant and some toast n cereal. Great value at £22 a night for a 4-bed dorm

Clean, easy to access, good layout, friendly staff, value bar and food, good value