Palmers Lodge - Hillspring at Willesden Green Reviews

233 Willesden Lane, London, London, England

L'auberge est très bien située. Staff sympa. Facile d'aller au London Bridge, Camden ou Westminster en - de 20 min de métro. Le quartier est sympa et la chambre était propre et moderne mais sombre. Mais l'auberge est très bruyante. Nous étions en sous sol et n'avons pas pu dormir de la nuit à cause des bruits de couloir ou des sèches mains. Nous avons eu aussi un problème avec la douche car l'eau changeait sans cesse de température : froide puis soudainement chaude. J'ai failli me brûler.

• 15th Aug 2014

Just far away from the city, otherwise awesome!

As good as the original - which is excellent

Good ambiance. The staff is very nice and helpful. We booked a family private room. We found it very comfortable even if located on the street side. There's car trafic but it normally reduce tonight. Neighborhood is good with Sainsbury supermaket and london underground nearly. You can join London center in a total 30 mins trip (15 min walk + 15 min subway) We appreciate the luggage store before check in, terrasse and bar to drink a beer, staff, private room.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Fomos muito bem recebidos e as acomodações são ótimas!!!

• 5th Aug 2014

Great way to beat the high price of London. Nice area. Neat little village 4 blocks away. Food available there very late at night Underground six blocks away -- very convenient for getting into city. Very clean -- very friendly, helpful staff. Nice breakfast -- great espresso machine. Sleep areas quiet at night. Probably says something that this is coming from someone who is 66 and traveling on his own Did not feel out of place at all

• 4th Aug 2014

Its a great place to stay in London if you want a safe place in a good neighborhood. The underground station is only a few minutes away and there is a supermarket across to it so you can get your snacks before you go out and explore London. We enjoyed our stay very much cause when you came home from a long day in the city you came to comfy place where you either could relaxe and sleep or get together with the other visitors. I recommend it as a clean place. Go and enjoy :)

We had some wonderful days at Palmers Lodge - Hillspring and will definetly come back. Easy acces from Stansted Airport by National Express.. But, we almost lost our plane home because the National Express busses where all full when they arrived at Finchley road station!! ( We had to hurry into Liverpool Station to catch the train...). So please make your costumers aware of that...

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Norway

Another excellent hostel from the folks who brought you Swiss Cottage. Unless you are going to the Buddhist temple down the road or the Sikh temple across the street, you gotta factor in the bus or Tube ride to the city sights from darkest Willesden. A great -- great -- place for chilling out in the burbs, but a far cry from the London charivari. That said, bloody good all round. Except for the journey. You CAN walk into London (I did), but it's not for the faint of heart -- or faint of feet/

My experience is regular because the room very small for the value money

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Costa Rica

It's an amazing hostel, the staff is so kind and helpful, the place is so comfortable and has everything you need, i would love to stay there again. Thanks!

Staff was very friendly and helpful! Everything was clean and breakfast was good. One unknown person in a four person room while we were three was a kind of strange atmosphere, but was okay.

• 28th Jul 2014

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at the hostel. Everything was nice, and it was very convenient that there was a cafeteria on location. We were able to do all that we needed to do, including washing clothes (for a few pounds). It wasn't too far from the tube station and very close to multiple bus stops, making traveling fairly easy. There was free-wifi, but it was spotty and slow in a few locations — fine for checking email, but not great for getting a lot of work done.

• 28th Jul 2014

This is my first hostel experience and it was awesome!! The staff friendly and very helpful. Bathrooms and showers are kept very clean. The mattresses were pretty decent for a hostel. The location is a bit far away but I didn't mind walking 10 min to the tube station to go sightseeing. I would recommend this hostel and when I come back to London I will definitely be staying here!

toilet was next to room; guests using lound hand dryer at night; WLAN connection was slow or not available, BAR CLOSED on weekend before midnight

• 26th Jul 2014

Very nice and clean place. Lovely staff. Perfect breakfast :-)

• Czech Republic

lI was booked in to the Hillspring lodge, but I was a very late arrival due to plane delays with Emirates. As they were fully booked I was transferred to the Palmers Lodge at Swiss cottage...What a beautiful building... I was greeted with a smile, my bed was made up instantly and I went to sleep fro a few hours after such a long air travel ... I can not say enough about the place the people and the free breakfast.. To all the staff ,.... thanks for every thing ... I will stay again.

• 26th Jul 2014

Apart from being a little bit further out of London this is probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Free tea and coffee all the time. Common area with a TV. Outside common area. Free wifi. Cleanest of clean bathrooms. Was definitely worth it.

• 26th Jul 2014

It's a big hostel, with a range of staying options. The large capacity rooms have foot lockers which won't fit big bags, while the smaller rooms have bigger lockers. Not a huge issue, but just be aware of it. Also, the basement has only one bathroom, so you may have to walk a long way down the halls to reach it. Some of the staff were very helpful, but others seemed rather clueless.

Spacious facilities, tiny room, good sink but mates sleeping Clean, clean, clean , 'tis

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7