Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Brilliant place! :) Nice, helpful staff, fantastic location (100m to the tube). I'll be back soon :)

Fantastic Hostel, with an unpaired atmosphere and close to the tube station. I was in a 9 bed room and privacy was granted by courtains on every bed, and the only issue was due to the only plug available for every 3 beds.

The beds were provided with curtains which gibes you some privacy and a reading light. The dorm was spacious and the beds comfortable. The wifi wasn't the fastest but it was OK. I didn't really like the showers are the ground was just even and the water couldn't really flood away so the whole bathroom was wet. But apart from this everything was perfect so I'll definitely stay again.

My reviews going to come from a more business-perspective: you're going to want to wear ear plugs and have an eyepatch for sleeping, as each cubicle has no roof and the walls are plywood. There are plenty of lockers to keep your belongings safe, though you might want to bring your own lock. There's also no stove in the safe-catering kitchen, making it more of a microwave room than a kitchen.

• 17th May 2015
  • Finland

By far the best hostel I've stayed in. I don't have a bad word to say about it. Beautiful building, warm atmosphere, helpful staff. Not really a crazy party hostel so if you're looking for that it might not be for you, but honestly I couldn't recommend it more. Definitely be staying here next time I'm in London.

Pleasant helpful staff, have stayed four times now & no doubt I'll do so again next year. Also excellent value for money, I really can't fault Palmers Lodge!

• 17th May 2015

The staff was not very helpful or friendly. It was a bit stressful to deal with them.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and the curtains are a good feature. One suggestion for every traveller bring an eye mask because other travellers can be quite inconsiderate and turn lights on in the middle of the night/early morning. The lounge area gave us a nice place to relax at the end of the day. I would recommend if you are on a budget.

Very comfortable stay. Everyone was really quiet which was good for helping us get over our jet lag. The facilities were great except we weren't told when we arrived that there was a small kitchen so we couldn't get full use out of it. Good location, near Swiss cottage station which isn't too far from the main stations in London. There were large locker facilities that slid under or beds, felt very safe. Bring own padlock though to avoid extra costs. Great, quiet place.

Great place, we stayed in a14 doorm room, we were a group of 14 people. Good breakfast, realy nice rooms. We all loved the place.

Very nice and clean place.

It was a good value hostel. Very clean bathrooms, secured, and amiable staff.

• 13th May 2015

The beautiful building, the nice staff, the atmosphere and great location makes place a bonafide winner for travelers needing place rest, fuel up and be ready for a good time in London.

Very interesting hostel, looks more like a hotel from the outside. The lounge is lovely. Very few useable outlets in the room, especially if you have a top bunk. Curtains around the beds, which is nice. The bathrooms were cleaned often. Internet worked well. The bar downstairs was cute. Swiss cottage stop is Zone 2 on the tube, but still convenient. Lots of bus stops around too.

Nothing to complain about.

• 9th May 2015
  • Sweden

It was elegant and austere. The thing about the curtains is, that you get to have some privacy in your very small space of your bed. But, since most of the curtains are almost always closed, when someone gets to the bedroom they tend to talk loudly as if nobody was there. That was very annoying, and also the fact that the bathroom felt more like a public bathroom. The breakfast was pretty expensive for a hostel and the kitchen is really small, so you can't cook a proper meal. Other than that, ok

I loved the hostel! The privacy curtains for each bed are a huge plus, the bathrooms were always clean and the beds very comfy. Convenient location close to the tube station with only a short tube ride to Oxford Street or Westminster. I will definitely stay here again.

• 6th May 2015

Best place to stay in London!

will be nice if the washing machine has hot water too

• 5th May 2015

Staff here are always friendly and really helpful. They do their best to keep the place clean even if your fellow hostelians are determined to make things otherwise. My favourite place to stay!

• 4th May 2015