Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

My stay in Palmers Lodge was great, even though short. Staff were really helpful too.

• 24th Dec 2014

Palmers is a beautiful, clean, well kept hostel. The best I've stayed in for sure. And absolutely a great value for the money. Even in the large 18 person rooms, you feel like you have space of your own & it's not cramped at all- probably b/c of the huge high ceilings and curtains around each bed. My only complaint is that there aren't enough showers, and they're not that great. Otherwise a perfect stay. I would HIGHLY recommend it. Close to everything, as well as relaxing if you need a day off.

I enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge. The rooms were great and the common room area was very good, and the wifi was good. However, there was not much of a kitchen which was limiting, and I was not comfortable sharing a bathroom with the opposite gender.

The front desk staff are helpful but their service manner was disppointing. Seriously, phrases such as "You can either take it or leave it." is absolutely inappropriate in the service line. When it comes to the layout of the room, some of the 'standard 6 bed dorm' rooms turn out to be very small, with very limited common space, and are inferior to a 'standard 14 bed dorm'. It is bad enough for one to feel deceived. It is impossible to open the luggage on the floor temporarily for packing.

Amazing value for money - excellent location, transport links etc The rooms are clean & even though you are in a dorm, the level of privacy is excellent

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always delighted when a guest leaves with a positive experience! Thanks again, Tom

The hostel was immaculate and had a really nice cafe bar downstairs for both relaxing and socialising. Laundry room was also in excellent condition. Beds were comfortable and rooms were a great size for sharing. Staff were ok but could have been friendlier and more welcoming on reception. I would stay here again if I had my own room as unfortunately I had no sleep at all due to the loud banging door locks every time the other girls came in. They were in and out all night long.

• 18th Dec 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and your comments are valuable helping to achieve this. As I'm sure you understand, there are sometimes issues that come naturally when you stay in a shared dorm, however if you stay again, please let our 24hr reception and they could help. However, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel. Thanks again, Tom

Great! I will come again

• 17th Dec 2014
  • China

The Best hostel i have ever stayed in, restrooms are super clean, rooms are excellent and the staff is so helpful and friendly! The only thing i would have to complain about is that the kitchen is too small and you can't really cook. Other than that, i love palmers lodge!

Clean and tidy, nice staff, may come back in the future.

A little pricey, but then it was the week before Christmas! Been here before - it isn't that expensive the whole time. Lockers are provided, beds have privacy curtains (which is great), rooms have security key-cards (no security really for the rest of the building)… Location is good - not central but right next to a station so getting around is really easy. There's a 30 second timer on the shower, which is bizarre. You have to keep pressing a button. Wifi is slow, but works. A good stay, I think

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time leave feedback. I am pleased to see that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us and found us a secure and comfortable base to explore London. I realise that the timer on the showers can be a little annoying, however on the plus side it allows to drastically reduce waste of water in our building. This is good as sustainability is very important to us. Thanks again for your comments and good luck with your future travelling. Tom

I was worried that a 21 bed dorm was going to feel busy, but the dorm was very quiet and the atmosphere calm. I loved how every bed had its own curtains, making you feel very private and safe evethough you were sharing rooms with twenty other people. The general age at the hostel was quite high I would say, which meant that the hostel was not noisey. If you value a good nights (and mornings) sleep after a long day out touristing or partying you will love this place.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Wonderful Hostel, the only bad thing is that they stop serving breakfast at just 10 am, a bit too early for me.

Thank you very much, we had a great stay. Just one little note, we stayed on the first floor, it would be great to have more sinks in the bathroom and also some hooks and shelves to put your beauties and clothes whilst using the sink..but all in all, it's great value for money and very handy for the tube and buses. thanks again. We will certainly come back. Nicola Jones

• 12th Dec 2014

best Hostel I have ever stayed at!! :D

It was our first time at a hostel and we like it a lot. Our stay was too short but it's a very lovely hostel. We'll come again! :-)

• 12th Dec 2014

Palmer's Lodge has pulled its socks up and put its prices down; so it is back amid my list of favorite boltholes in London. The long-promised guezt kitchen, though, is rudimentary. You coulda dun better, guys, but under the circs, I forgive you. Nice move on charging separately for breakfast -- wonderful for free and independent travelers.

First time in a hostel-excellent

• 10th Dec 2014

Really cool old building. Staff was not exceptionally friendly or rude, but that seems to be London. Interesting group of people staying there ;)

Had to pay extra for towels. Someone is at the front desk 24 hours so that was nice. We missed the breakfast because of early morning trains. My friend, who was sick the night before just wanted to take a piece of bread for the road, and they wouldn't let us do that, one of the only real negatives from the stay.

Good location, if you fly in from Luton or Stansted and catch the national express bus. The room smelled with so many people in it. Lack of powerpoints in the room and no chance it being near your bed so risk of someone taking your charging device. Annoying guys in my room were drunk and talked loudly at 4am in the morning!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7