Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Luggage room should be cleaner.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

Nice clean hostel, staff was very helpful, my biggest the problem was my curtain just kept falling on me which was really not a big deal.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great hostel, staff were really helpful, good atmosphere and reasonably priced too. A little out of the way but apart from that a really good hostel. When I misplaced the hostel key the reception still gave me another one for free, which I really appreciated.

The hostel is beautiful, and the staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• 30th Jun 2015

Best hostel I have ever stayed in, friendly staff and beautiful building! Although I slept in a 21 Female Dorm is was quiet and private cause there were curtains that separated the beds. The Wi-Fi was excellent and everything was clean. Just great!

Excellent value for money hostel!! Good service Extremely tasty breakfast for only 4,50 GBP/day (eat as much as you like continental breakfast) Quiet rooms Bed extremely comfortable to sleep in Very clean hostel!!

The bathrooms were disappointing in comparison to say Wombats where I stayed last week. Definitely overdue for a renovation. The sheet on my mattress was also supposed to serve as a top sheet, by tucking one side into the mattress then folding over the other side to act as the top sheet they tried to make it two in one. In the middle of the night you just end up lying on a very old mattress. Again bathrooms look as tho from a seventies army barracks and sheet procedure needs to change.

• 26th Jun 2015

This place had atmosphere in spades. Being a huge old Victorian building it was a bit sprawling- to get to the attic rooms was like going through a maze. Also sometimes things went wrong, like the elevator not working or a bathroom over flowing. But the place was still really nice to stay at, with lots of nice areas to relax in. The staff were all also really nice and helpful. Very close to the tube station and also to lots of little shops. Would stay again.

Beds were comfy and I enjoyed the curtain that separates each person! Staff was great and very attentive! A little outdated but fine for a hostel. Not dirty in particular but not very clean either. I was in the basement not far from the bar where music was blaring at night, but I found that I couldn't hear a thing while trying to sleep! The one thing I didn't like was that there are bunk beds that are three beds high, maybe it's just me but I would hate to be on the top!

I stayed in a mixed dorm and I thought the hostel was nice. The showers were in the rooms, and there were curtains around each bed with plugs and a light. I did get my food stolen from the fridge.. but it's not the hostel's fault. I needed somewhere where I could shower and sleep after a long day and the hostel did that for me, so it was good.

Great location 2 mins walk from station and local shops, great staff, great vibe. Only downside is a few more showers and toilets would be appreciated especially considering the large number of guests. But would highly recommend.

• 25th Jun 2015

My sister and I had a wonderful stay at Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage. Compared to other hostels, Palmers is very clean. The bathrooms get cleaned several times a day. The location is excellent - it's just a block from the tube station and a few stops from all the major tourist sites. I would highly recommend the breakfast - it's delicious and fairly healthy even if you have food restrictions. Staff are very friendly and we felt really safe there. We're so glad we stayed at Palmers Lodge!

• 24th Jun 2015

A well equipped hostel with friendly staff. The showers and toilets are very clean and easy to use. Breakfast buffet worth its value very much. The whole building has a warm atmosphere, good decorations and structure.

The staff were incredible, always so friendly and helpful and really made you feel welcome and at home while traveling. Thank you!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Stayed in an 18 bed mixed dorm and the room was big over 2 levels and there were curtains on every bed for privacy. Lockers under bed or in room but not big enough for a large bag just valuables. As a solo traveller I found it kind of hard to meet people here as everyone just keeps to themselves. Good location in terms of the Camden markets (you can walk there) and close to the train station and only a few minutes on the tube into the city

Clean, easy to get to, well equipped with the lounge, bar, self cook facilities and laundry room. The 24 hour reception is awesome. The basement rooms got really hot though but not a particularly big deal. I'd stay again!

• 23rd Jun 2015

I particularly like the curtains on the bunks

The place was warm and cozy. Loved the quaintness of the facility. Staff was amazing.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Really cool hostel that looks quite old. The rooms were neat and the bathrooms weren't too bad. Overall enjoyed our stay. Also a good location since it is close to both the Jubilee and Metropolitan underground.

Beautiful