Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I always stay at Palmers Lodge when visiting London, it's a great hostel. Well located, clean and safe. The only downside to the hostel is that the atmosphere is often very quiet, with people tending to keep themselves to themselves (On the occasions I've visited anyway). Maybe that's not a bad thing for some people, but for me I like to tag along to social events.... just a thought! Thanks again!

I didn't expect the restaurant to be closed in the middle of the afternoon. I didn't get hot water in the shower, just mild warm. The dorms are clean but you can't put your suitcase in a locker since you have drawers under your bunk. It's fine but it involves a lot of manouvering at night

good: great staff, clean and tidy, plenty of space, and close to trains. not so good: the kitchen is a cupboard with a handfull of cutlery and micro wave.. room mate's acting like goat's till 2am was disapointing. thanks for having me. scott /aotearoa

• 26th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Stunning place to stay. Variety of food on breakfast, bar. For the value close to the London City? I can't complain.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Czech Republic

I stayed in the 21-bed-dorm. It is amazing that die to the Layout of the dorm and the curtains on the bed you still have privacy. Awesome atmosphere and big community room.

Small kitchen, no plugs on beds, comy beds though and good full shades for the bed, beautiful bilding and furniture, they should rent adaptors, great free tea and coffe 24h

I really love to stay at the Palmer's lodge because of the verrrry kindness staffs and the atmosphere. Also the breakfast was great compared with cost. Location is also good. I really love there and willing to stay there if I travel London again!

• 20th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Thank you staff - you were pleasant, thorough and friendly.

• 20th Jan 2016

First hostel I ever stayed in and it was great,nice staff very easy to travel around. Awesome bar area with friendly bartender. Paid for breakfast first morning,wasn't really worth it. Sort of expensive for little offerings. Good use of space.

It was wonderful arriving to Palmers Lodge at Swiss Cottage. Staff made me feel welcomed and they were very helpful and friendly. The Lodge has a warm and open sitting environment that allowed me to relax, enjoy my time, read and research to plan for the day ahead.

• 16th Jan 2016

Funny staff, superb building, great hostel

• 15th Jan 2016

Great restaurant, really beautiful building.

• 14th Jan 2016
  • British Virgin Islands

Great hostel! The staff was very well-organized, helpful and knowledgable about getting to and from places in London. Good accommodation for the price.

• 14th Jan 2016

Hi Allison, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review ! Warm Regards, Palmers Lodge Team

The hostel itself is really cool. Great place to meet fellow travelers. The rooms were clean, and the bathrooms spotless. My dorm had an ensuite bathroom and the showers were impeccably clean. That is something that is greatly appreciated, clean bathrooms. Only downside I had to my stay were some noisy occupants (which is completely out of the hostel's control) as well as the pillow felt like it was filled with lumpy socks. Maybe have a pillow test and get some new ones!

Hi there, Thank you for leaving this kind review online, we are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Some pillows can be a little bit flat, and in this case next time just pop in at reception and we will be more than happy to give you an extra one so you can sleep comfortably. We look forward to seeing you next time here and wish you all the best ! Palmers Lodge Team

Excellent hostel close to underground in an old mansion. We were meant to stay for 2 nights and ended up staying for 2 weeks while we got sorted in London because it was super convivial. Only downside was the really tiny kitchen with no stove or hot plate or sandwich press or anything. Only one (highly used) microwave that you had to queue for. That said, it comes with a knight in shining armour and a really good common room and bar. GREAT Hostel.

Very enjoyable stay. Excellent staff .

• 13th Jan 2016

Far away from London. Little atmosphere! Ok stay

Hi there, The hostel is located in London. The city is divided in 6 zones, and zones 1 and 2 are considered central London (The hostel is located in zone 2). A subway/underground from Swiss Cottage to see the Big Ben takes only 11 mins.

Would have been good to have had some gluten and dairy free options at breakfast..

• 8th Jan 2016

Dear Customer, thanks a lot for your review. We are trying to guarantee a pleasant stay to all our customers. We do actually offer gluten free option only on request, I am sorry to hear we could not match your requirements at this time. Shall in the future you will decide to stay with us again, please do let our reception team know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Regards

One of the best hostel in London which is licated only 3 mins walk from the nearest tube station. Clean and great facilities.

Hi, thanks a lot for your great review. We hope you have enjoyed your stay with us at Palmers Lodge and we are looking forward to see you staying with us again! Thanks from all Palmers Lodge Team

Great and spacious building, but the room I was in was a bit cramped. The bunks are curtained in, which is very nice for privacy, but I never knew if I could turn on the light or if I could make noise because I could never be sure someone wasn't trying to get some shut-eye.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Hi, thanks for your great feedback. The aim of the curtains around the bed is to offer a bit of privacy inside your bunk. The fun side of sharing a dormitory is that you will never know if you can find someone respectful as you. We wish all our customers had the same thought as yours about turning on the lights at night! A big thanks from Palmers Lodge, we hope to see you staying with us again. Regards

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7