Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

It is worth for going there! Very nice staff and free coffee and tea! The room was very little and in the basement so without a good sight but we didn't need it anyway. Breakfast was amazing! For just £4.50! You get coffee, juices, crosaints, fruits -literally everything! Shared toilets and showers are very clean.

• 21st Mar 2015

Very clean bathrooms! Nice atmosphere, can't complain! The room was a bit too warm but didn't mind that during a very cold weekend.

It was a great place for my group and I to leave our stuff while we went out and was a good place to sleep. We loved the location. The beds weren't the most comfortable, but we felt safe and enjoyed our time there. We're planning on booking there again when we go back to London!

• 20th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Only ten minutes from Camden Town by bus and the underground will take you to central London in no time!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Staff was very unfriendly not helpful at all. Dorm rooms are set up terribly for late arrivals as you walk right in to the sleeping area. Couldn't fit suitcase into the locker below the bed, which didn't have a lock which wasn't clear online. Rooms did not look like what was posted on the website. Our key was very finicky and barely worked. The area to store luggage is not secure at all. Woke up at 7:30 because it was so loud.

The music from the bar could be heard in the dorms at night

The area was really nice. I liked the old charm of the building. Not the most comfortable beds, but overall good value.

• 17th Mar 2015

Bathroom not very convenient. The hostel and the hall particularly was beautiful.

Palmer's Lodge was the first hostel I've ever stayed in, and it was a pleasure. Every staff member I encountered was cheerful, helpful, and fun. Met some really awesome people, and the place was extremely clean. I was very happy with my experience.

• 11th Mar 2015

I had a good nights stay and would definatly recommend it to friends and family.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Griffin at the downstairs bar was really friendly and played top notch sounds

The 12 bed female dorm on the 1st floor was really cramped, there is nowhere to put suitcasesand it was so overpriced. It's only suitable if you are travelling with a very small bag. The 21 bed female dorm in the attic was far superior, with mostly single beds, plenty of space and surprisingly quiet at night. Cleanliness is excellent except they don't change the duvet covers between guests.The kitchen didn't have plates or anything. A fully-equipped self-catering kitchen would be much better.

The place was awesome. Merry so many awesome people including all the staff. Mauro and liis are the best! Have Cody show you around and you're guaranteed a good time. showers sucked though. Some were better than others.

All the facilities were very nice, clean and welcoming. A great place to relax and settle into London a bit if you already have some friends and things to do around the city. Unfortunately the atmosphere is a bit stale due to long term guests hanging around in their own groups and job seekers everywhere so not the best hostel for meeting new people. Perhaps this changes during summer time. Overall really happy with my stay, would definitely return.

Overall this was a good hostel. The beds are curtained, but mine was missing one. There were no other available beds, so I was glad to have brought a blanket, which I draped over the uncovered end, else I would have been very exposed. There were no obvious places for girls to get ready for the day, such as mirrors and counters for stuff. The bathroom would benefit from more shelving and mirrors. It was super crowded getting ready at peak times.

• 4th Mar 2015

Very good frame and personnal, everyone would like this hostel, it's not expensive at all with a very correct quality. The only problem was that I didn't like to put one pound at the snooker and after that the personnal said to me that they hadn't any cues to play. I had to play with some kind of big spoons. Please, buy some cues or at least, prevent the clients on the snooker before they pay for it.

• 4th Mar 2015

Hi there, We are really sorry to hear about that. We do have spare cues actually and in case of not having we should have refunded your money. We are going to investigate further about this as it is not correct how your issue was handled. We apologize again for the inconvenience caused. Kind regards

I really didn't think this hostel lived up to the raving reviews others gave. The location of the hostel is pretty good being close to the Swiss Cottage tube station, but that was about the only good thing. The staff didn't have good suggestions of things to do and were unhelpful when I was trying to figure out how to get to the airport. Overpriced breakfast. Toilets and shower were fairly clean, but no where to hang your stuff in the shower so everything gets wet. Not great.

This was a clean, well run hostel with helpful staff. The tube station was only a 2 minute walk away, and the bus stop was even closer. The wifi reception was very poor in the room, but good in the lounge. The lounge was very nice, with coffee, tea, and plenty of comfortable seating and outlets. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast (which was not included and costs 4.50) was very good. My biggest complaint is that the room was very noisy at night with music from the bar. Bring earplugs.

I was wondering how come i did not know it before. But it was great experience.

• 3rd Mar 2015

This place is so great..I cant get over it..amazing..value for y..most my friends cant believe it..

• 1st Mar 2015