Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

We booked as a 3, but got split into separate rooms. It would be preferable to all be placed into the same room, even if checking in separately.

Booked this hostel based off the reviews, and I'm glad I chose this one. It's exactly what I was looking for for a weekend trip. I didn't want to spend much money just for a place to sleep/shower and it was very close the tube station. I felt very safe here, it was extremely clean, everyone was friendly, felt like an old Victorian home, had great wifi in my room, beds had curtains for privacy and they had parking for 5 pounds. Very few hostels in London have parking and that was a must for us.

it was good, clean and beautiful young house. But it's a pity that you do a payment for breakfast now it's too expensive for a breakfast.

• 14th Aug 2014

The experience itself was very satisfactory I had no problems with the hostel. Some members of the staff were not very receptive but they were helpful.

There were not enough washbasins to be found on the second floor - unless there were some that I did not find. All the facilitites were cleaned very frequently. There was a problem with socialising that has become sadly very common in all backpacker facilities these days. You now walk into a lounge area - where it used to be so easy to meet interesting people - only to find that every single person in the room is staring into some kind of electonic device. Very depressing.

I didn't spend too much time here, just came back to sleep, so can't comment too much on the atmosphere and all. I wish the staff had explained about the lockers -- not sure if there were any even. I would have liked to lock my things up during the day, but when I checked in they were not mentioned. However, the rest of my experience was good. I stayed in a 12 bed all female dorm and really appreciated the curtains around each bed to provide a bit of privacy.

Two ladies over sixty this was the ideal place to stay Handy to bus and tube high standard of cleanliness and very helpful staff

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Kitchen could be more well equipped. Otherwise amazing stay! Perfect.

• 10th Aug 2014

IT WAS A VERY PEACEFUL AND RELAXING PLACE, WITH OUTSTANDING FACILITIES AND A VERY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT. PEOPLE FROM THE RECEPTION AND THE RESTAURANT WHERE SO ATTENTIVE AND HELPFUL, I WUOLD DEFINITELY GO AGAIN!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

I booked "Standard 12 Bed Female Dorm Ensuite" for one night, but the bed i got was in "Standard 12 Bed Mix Dorm". I arrived late and was tired, so I went to bed without knowing it. Overall, the Hostel was good, but I am not happy that the bed wasn't what I booked in advance.

Great stay, as always :)

Nice, especially when you have some privacy, like curtains, lamp. But guys, fix the doors in the rooms, they closing sooo nosy.

I stay at the Palmer Lodge almost every time I am in London and I look forward to my next visit..

• 5th Aug 2014

We liked it a lot. I've already recommended the place to my friends.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Loved it!

• 3rd Aug 2014

We had a great stay at Palmer's Lodge Swiss Cottage! The hostel offers a fantastic accommodation for fairly decent prices. We stayed in a 12-bed mixed bedroom and people were overall very respectful of the other guests' sleep. The bathrooms were cleaned several times daily. We definitely liked hanging out in the lounge. Breakfast was included and the restaurant even had a veranda. The location is quite convenient, with the underground stop "Swiss Cottage" nearby as well as many bus stops

I like the fact that they have curtains around each individual bed, for privacy. Although this can also be kind of isolating, and can prevent you from talking to the other guests in the room, i'd still prefer to have this option.

my clothes got stolen they didn't steal other thing but clothes, strange enough. i had nothing to do but rent a closet

It was a great hostel, really super

• 28th Jul 2014

First off, the person who checked me in did something funky. She ended up booking and charging me for a 3 nights stay when I had only needed 2. She also would not refund me the extra nights stay. Staff was kinda mean. For instance, the girl who worked at the bar was very rude to everyone. You could tell she was annoyed that people were at the bar. The building itself is really pretty. I wish the hostel itself made the environment more social by encouraging activities between guests though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7