Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I stayed in a 21 bed female dorm. Upon arrival we found it to be situated in the attic. The room was far too crowded and the heat throughout the night was unbearable. There was no air flow unless someone walked past your bed. I woke damp from sweat with flustered cheeks every night. It was also inconvenient that I had to crawl to access my suitcase under a low sloping roof. However, the communal areas were decent. Even if the guests were rude and anti-social.

• 16th Jul 2014

Every time I´m in London, I stay at Palmers Lodge, Swiss Cottage. I was a bit worried that the place would be flooded with summer kids, making a lot of noise, but even if we slept in a 18 beds room, it was nice and calm. It is also nice to see that the guests are in many different age groups. Comclusion: great place, nice rooms, well worth the money spent.

Palmers Lodge is an excellent place to stay!

• 14th Jul 2014

Nice hostel but way too expensive for what you get. The rooms are big and comfortable but washrooms are OK at best and can get quite over-crowded. I will be looking for another hostel the next time I'm in London.

• 12th Jul 2014

The hostel is quite expensive and the bathrooms are unisex which can make things a bit awkward. Also the beds are equivalent to rocks and make for a restless night of sleep. The good things about this hostel are its £5 meals and close proximity to several underground stations.

Couldn't check in until 2 hours after arrival. All the lockers were taken and the bar wasn't open. Was also a problem with wi fi. However was a very nice place to stay and staff were great and helpful.

Staff were downright rude, aside from one guy there (who's name I did not get). I was made to wait for 20 min when I arrived because they had made a mistake with the cashout. No apology or explanation until after I had waited for the 20 min. They charged me £3 for a towel when it cost £2, and also didn't give me the token to get £1.50 returned. The only guy who was polite told me the next day about the towel and gave me the token. Otherwise, double bed is better value for money in my opinion.

Hi, thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait long time before being checked in. We do renting towels for £3 and as you said we do return £1.50 if you bring back the token. I don`t know what happen, but we will make sure it will not happen again. Thanks for reviewing your stay Best Regards

Very comfy stay and the bar food well worth trying

• 7th Jul 2014

Hi, Many thanks for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear that your had a pleasant stay with us. Once again, thanks for your review Best Regards

Good environment. Nice roommates. Yummy breakfast

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hi, Thanks for your comment, Hope to see you staying with us again soon. Best Regards

I had an underwhelming experience at the first hostel I stayed in in London but Palmer's Lodge was fantastic. The facilities were clean, and cleaned regularly, and the rooms were massive. I stayed in a 14 bed dorm and the only complaint I had was that there were not enough power points in the room. The ones that were there involved leaving the devices out in the open, which normally I wouldn't be comfortable doing. Perhaps sockets next to every bed?

• 4th Jul 2014

Hi, thanks for your great feedback. We are working hard trying to install sockets to each bed; our aim is to provide two power points to each bed. Hope to complete the process soon. If you are in London next time, please come and visit us again Many thanks

Near tube station; good vibe; clean rooms. Quite pricey for what it is, but it's in London, so that's to be expected.

Hi Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear you had a good time staying with us at Palmers Lodge. Hope to see you coming back soon Many thanks

I liked Palmers! Good showers, bathrooms, and big lockers, and just up the street from the tube station! (which will take you everywhere in London) The bar and common area are both a little quiet, but if you make a little effort, you will meet people without difficulty. I met alot of fun people while at Palmers and would reccommend staying here!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Hi, thanks for your comment. Please come and visit us again when in London Many regards

The 20-dorm is very small ! I think hillspring is much better than Swiss cottage. But I have to say it's so beautiful and having a convent location.

It was very hot in London during our stay and there is no air condition in the hostel. It was very uncomfortable to sleep as the dorm was very hot and humid. Opening the window didn't make any difference. I was happy to find the bathrooms super clean, they were cleaned several timer per day. Even though the hostel seemed very busy, there was never a queue to the toilet or shower. Well connected location and shops and restaurants nearby.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Finland

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Usually London is not very hot but sometimes can be. We have tried to install a lot of fans inside all the rooms to keep the temperature comfortable. We are doing our best to maintain a pleasant temperature at all time. We hope to see you coming back soon Many Thanks

We spent 6 days in Palmers Lodge for whole trip in London. Even it's not that close to downtown, tube station Swiss Cottage is pretty close and convenient. Staffs are kind and friendly, willing to answer every question we have, the equipment and surroundings are good and clean. I think the best part of the Hostel is the relationship building between every traveler around the world, it is really a good place to make friends.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Hi, thanks for leaving your review. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon Many thanks

Very welcoming, a lovely place to stay, I'd come back to London just to stay in here again! :)

• 1st Jul 2014

Hi Thanks for your feedback from all Palmers Lodge staff. Hope to see you staying with us soon Best Regards

Really nice hostel, especially for the price. Great location. No problems at all.

The Upgraded dorms are awesome... full size bed with privacy curtain. The bathroom is clean, but cramped. Also, it only has one shower per bathroom area. It's a peaceful quiet location, good for families. The access to the tube can't be beat.

There is no social space since there is no TV in the lounge. The price for one night is expensive compared than 3 years ago and the quality of the hostel is pretty the same. There are a lot of little difference that can't make you uncomfortable to live there for one week. Even if there are some facilities, like little kitchen, it doesn't' help to make people at home with a friendly environment as before. There is no "movie night" anymore, and the staff is quite cold with the costumers.

• 28th Jun 2014

I stayed just one night. For the most part, it was fine. The bartender downstairs was rude and forgot about my food. It was like they assumed we all knew how this hostel worked. Breakfast was better than most other hostels and free! My room smelled like fried food, but I did like the curtain on each bed and the locker underneath to lock things in it. Plus, the bar was a perfect place to eat and rink for cheap!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7