Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Great hostel. Nice staff, good facilities. Wifi was nowhere to be found though in the dorm where I was living, but didn't bother me at all.

Good breakfast! and it is quite convenient there is a charge point and reading light every bed. it is quite cram in the 12 bed female room but its still manageable. staff here are very helpful. Only complaint is the dryer for the clothes.

yo yo cud u plz play less og homeboi hip hop tracks- we r not gangsta enough 4 daT SHIZZLE, and make more pillows available on request. Dealt with a room that was not ready on arrival very professionally.

• 29th Aug 2015

We were told to have small lockers underneath our beds, but there were no lockers to be found. Only the bigger ones you had to pay for. So that was a bit disappointing, but nevertheless, we had a very nice stay.

• 29th Aug 2015

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They always helped me with all my needs.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Austria

I loved the atmosphere and the beds were great. The kitchen is not a kitchen, it's a microwave other than that I loved the place.

Very friendly people. Nice atmosphere thanks to Victorian building, people, music choice. Lock on the twinroom window was broken. Great breakfast, the only thing missing was scrumbled eggs with bacon. I can only recommend it !

• 25th Aug 2015

Beds are comfortable & cosy with the Curtains. My sheets however had a hole & stains on them. The Staff was great, they ensured that my stay was comfortable and I could even print sth out. Thanks a lot!

• 25th Aug 2015

Great experience & wonderful location. Needs better self catering facilities.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Always my go-to accommodation when I'm in London!

The neighbourhood surrounding Palmer House Swiss Cottage is stunning, especially toward Hempstead, a few stops north on the number 46 bus - or just a quick 12 minute walk up Fitzjohn's Avenue from the hostel to Hempstead village. At Jack Straw's Castle, only a further 6 minute hike up Heath Street from the Hempstead Tesco is a fantastic wealth of inviting rustic park benches - so underutilized. Right there is also a tremendously useful entry point to all the cavernous rigors of Hempstead Heath.

Good hostel with good facilities and easy to get to. Acces to the rooms is secure but you do need to bring your own padlock for the locker or buy one there. Showers and toilets are cleaned often and look good, the large dorm I stayed in could use an AC though.

Swiss Cottage was conveniently located for the underground. The staff on the front desk were friendly and helpful. The only downside was that the kitchen didn't open until 7:00 so if you had to leave before then and you'd left food in the fridge you lost it and went hungry. The beds were comfortable and it was great to have a bed not a bunk.

Not enough bathrooms

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nice Hostel, rooms were big and clean beds are private. Bathrooms kind of a pain only 2 toilets and 3 showers for 2 20 person dorm rooms and they weren't attached to the rooms so you needed your room key with you if you needed go to the toilet. Breakfast not worth €4,50. Grocers store near by so I just bought a box of pourage and made it in the guest kitchen. Cheaper and better. Nice location about 20 minutes from down town but close to the tube and lots in Swiss Cottage.

Not to pricey, but the room we were in had over 20 people and it smelled disgusting. That shower floors weren't exactly the cleanest also. It was very slippery. Other than that it was convenient for it being only 1-2 minutes away from the tube. Probably won't be coming back here again

Hi Mika, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience here at Palmers Lodge. You probably noticed that our dormitories are cleaned every morning by our housekeeping staff. Some fans could also have been provided asking at reception in order to improve your comfort. We do also take extra care of the hygiene, this why we clean the toilets/bathrooms 5 times a day and more when we notice dirt. Despite these inconveniences we hope to see you again in the future ! Best Regards, Kevin

The kitchen was very poor, too small no stoves, microwave hard to operate fridge too small overall the kitchen was a disaster, although the restaurant had very good food and service and prices were fair

• 16th Aug 2015

a number of the staff were not very informative, on a number of occasions I was given wrong information or a simple "I don't know"

• 15th Aug 2015

Great hostel but there is almost no ventilation in the self catering kitchen and the cutlery and bowls in particular were always running out. Breakfast isnt available until 7am but you can't get access to your food before then either as the eel catering kitchen is closed till 7am. This made having breakfast ready to connect with my 7am tour very difficult . Also a some seating in the attic area up stairs would be a really great move as the lounge is 3 floors down and the bar 4 floors

• 14th Aug 2015

Large under bed lockers. Quiet beds with curtains. Bathrooms were communal, but cleaned often. Luggage storage for free. Two blocks from tube station. Few cafes and fast food nearby. Pub onsite. Valuable lockers for fee. Comfy beds but bad pillows. Fold them in half. Helpful staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7