Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

First off, the person who checked me in did something funky. She ended up booking and charging me for a 3 nights stay when I had only needed 2. She also would not refund me the extra nights stay. Staff was kinda mean. For instance, the girl who worked at the bar was very rude to everyone. You could tell she was annoyed that people were at the bar. The building itself is really pretty. I wish the hostel itself made the environment more social by encouraging activities between guests though.

The hostel was just fine. We stayed in a private twin room, which was very clean and had everything we needed. The only issue was that there was very little air flow, so the room was very hot all night. This is not the hostel's fault, but if it is hot, a room on the ground floor may be a better choice :)

A little expensive but good showers. Good privacy. My stay was more a business trip. There seemed to be a good few older people there so it suited me well. Near to the Tube. :) Always someone cleaning the bathroom. Staff seemed a little inexperienced and could do with more locals who are more precise with their information but friendly enough. The doors have key cards to get in and out of the rooms so you felt secure. Beds okay. Loved the curtains around it and the individual lamps.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • melbelsimp

So warm in the rooms, breakfast very poor.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Safe and clean place to stay, location is ok and breakfast is very good. I loved this hostel and the only reason I don't think it's perfect is because of the staff. Everyone was ok except for an asian girl with short hair in the mornings and afternoons at the reception. She was VERY rude and I was even scared of asking her any questions. Besides that, everything was perfect.

Excellent place to stay at, very friendly and helpful staff, clean toilets & showers, 5 min walk from the train station which will take you right to the centre of city within 10 minutes. Atmosphere is good, people are happy to chat to you. Age group varies, predominantly young people 18-22, but also some middle aged travelers. I will definitely stay there again & recommend it to all of my friends!

• 22nd Jul 2014

We had a cracking time at Swiss Cottage: the 6-bed dorm we were in was clean and comfy and there was a fan in the room to combat the crazy heat outside! The staff were really helpful both on the phone and while we were there. Fab place to stay too; quiet residential area so you can get a proper night's sleep. Been twice now and will definitely be back! Thanks :)

한국인직원이 계셔서 좋았어요 스텝들 모두 친절^^

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Overall my stay was satisfactory. I would not choose to stay here again. The location is about 12mins on the tube from central. There is a supermarket 2 minutes walk from the hostel along with a few other shops and stuff. My first night sleep here was terrible. The rooms do not have air conditioning. Very stuffy and hot in the room I was in. Room 111. The mattress was uncomfortable. Second night I did not sleep much better. lack of kitchen = poor. toilets/showers = not enough.

Very nice hostel! Nice staff and atmosphere. My only criticism was what it would have been nice with new sheets, it was very warm during my stay. Also during breakfast i got some moldy bread. Everything else was very good! Highly recommend it!

I read (in the bathroom at the hostel) that tea and coffee would be free but it wasn't. That's the only complaint I have.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

I would stay there again

• 18th Jul 2014

I stayed in a 21 bed female dorm. Upon arrival we found it to be situated in the attic. The room was far too crowded and the heat throughout the night was unbearable. There was no air flow unless someone walked past your bed. I woke damp from sweat with flustered cheeks every night. It was also inconvenient that I had to crawl to access my suitcase under a low sloping roof. However, the communal areas were decent. Even if the guests were rude and anti-social.

• 16th Jul 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sad to hear that you didn't experience the best of stays in our hostel. Our 21 bed female room actually is equipped with Air Conditioning and the remote can always be found at our reception. Hope to have you staying again with us sometime and hopefully your stay can be much better. Kind regards

Every time I´m in London, I stay at Palmers Lodge, Swiss Cottage. I was a bit worried that the place would be flooded with summer kids, making a lot of noise, but even if we slept in a 18 beds room, it was nice and calm. It is also nice to see that the guests are in many different age groups. Comclusion: great place, nice rooms, well worth the money spent.

Palmers Lodge is an excellent place to stay!

• 14th Jul 2014

The term "Deluxe" is appended to the rooms in a rather optimistic fashion, we were expecting a bit more than 7 square meters for the price, but overall a nice clean hostel in a great town.

I enjoyed my stay a few weeks ago. The facilities were as advertised and the staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the heat, it was warm and the windows only open a few inches so it was tough to fall asleep. But I realize that this was out of their control and probably only affects guests a few days per year.

• 12th Jul 2014

Nice hostel but way too expensive for what you get. The rooms are big and comfortable but washrooms are OK at best and can get quite over-crowded. I will be looking for another hostel the next time I'm in London.

• 12th Jul 2014

The hostel is quite expensive and the bathrooms are unisex which can make things a bit awkward. Also the beds are equivalent to rocks and make for a restless night of sleep. The good things about this hostel are its £5 meals and close proximity to several underground stations.

Couldn't check in until 2 hours after arrival. All the lockers were taken and the bar wasn't open. Was also a problem with wi fi. However was a very nice place to stay and staff were great and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7