Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage

19th Aug 2017

10/10 best place ever!

17th Aug 2017
6.3

The room was nice (but problematic for tall people-doors too short and beams everywhere) when I checked in my bed was full of someone elses things, they kept me in the same bed but later the girl came back-both of us a little flustered and disappointed at moving around a lot. Bar was nice looking but had almost no atmosphere. Kitchen was tiny but functional. Building was beautiful! If you walk a little ways you get to a really pretty part of town, but there isnt much to do.

12th Aug 2017
8.0

The entrance, common rooms, and toilets/showers were clean and convenient. The bar had cheap drink options and a good ambience. Staff was very helpful and friendly. You can purchase a lock from the front desk for £2 to secure your belongings. They serve a breakfast for £4.50 and it had a selection of pastries, boiled eggs, ham and cheese. My only complaint was the dorm I stayed in was not very clean and very hot at night even with the window open, because of the placement there was no breeze.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2017
7.4

Location was good, you can access almost all the big 'tourist stops' right from the neartest metro line. There are lots of places to eat and shop nearby which is also nice. Hostel itself is old, but clean. There is, however, a weird smell to the place. All around nice place to stay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2017

A stunning old building with beautiful bunks - the privacy curtains made a huge difference. Not as many freebies as some hostels but a nice experience and I expect I will rebook for my next visit to London.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
7th Aug 2017

real nice place I liked the privacy curtains. Would stay there again.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
7th Aug 2017

The hostel had nice decor and a fun atmosphere. There was a sitting room with many comfy chairs, where you could also eat. There is a bar downstairs with lots of seating too. The rooms were big and the beds had curtains. However, there was a very small kitchen with limited appliances (no oven). While I was there the fuse blew multiple times so I could not cook my food. Another drawback was the loud music that was constantly playing in all the community areas.

5th Aug 2017

Gorgeous hostel, great location, and comfortable stay. Out of the three London hostels I've stayed at so far, this has been the nicest.

5th Aug 2017

Big hostel/ lodge. Lots of beds, lots of rooms, so lots of people around the hostel. Bed late have curtains, outlets, and lights next to them so really nice to have your own area to be. Lockers with spots to lock it yourself. Everybody I met was nice and the staff was helpful. Really nice bar area downstairs with somewhat cheap beers. Overall good stay. I was in the four bed insuite room. Key cards are always nice, rather than carrying around a key. Easy to get to on the tube

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
5th Aug 2017

We stayed here because of all the great reviews. It was one of the nicer hostels on our 10 week trip. Our room and the lounge were great. The kitchen could be improved though. We paid more to stay in a private room with ensuite rather than a dorm. The guy who checked us in was friendly, however when I asked for toilet paper for our room because housekeeping must have forgot, the girl working suggested "Why don't you just use a napkin instead" because she couldn't be asked to get a roll.