Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Great place to stay, the privacy curtains were great. Very close to the tube station and the staff were very helpful with recommendations for where to go

Stayed in the 28 bed room on the ground floor, and was pretty amazed by how quiet and airy it was - I'd choose that room over a smaller dorm any day. However, there were 2 toilets/2 showers for use by that room, and what seemed to be at least one other room - just too few (though I wasn't around long enough to explore for other facilities).

Great hostel. Stayed here 8 years ago and it is still as good as it was then. Missed the free breakfast that had changed since we booked but comfy bed, good facilities and great location. Liked that towels were provided for private double room and beds made up.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

First hostel I've stayed at that had curtains around all the bunks. Looked weird at first but turned out to be quite a nice feature.

Great option for london. Easy tube ride into the city. The rooms were awesome as well as the common room and bar area. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone!!

This was a lovely hostel with a hotel vibe, nice for a traveller looking for something a little different. I was in a room with a ton of people but it didn't feel crowded! I really liked the amount of common-area space available to hang out. The wifi never worked for me, which made working hard. I had to leave early from my reservation to work, but haven't yet been refunded for the days I wasn't there after canceling.

Overall a beautiful, very pleasant hostel. I'm very happy with my stay!

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Where should I start ? The magnificent mansion, the kind receptionist full of stories about the place, the bar and lounge for breakfast, the free bananas in the common room, the bed and bathroom, the price or the funny don-key doll

• 20th Oct 2014

The korean receptionist was very rude, she made things difficult that could have been simple. The breakfast was a bit expensive considering the options. Except that, everything was ok.

I loved this hostel, staff is so friendly and always helpful. I wouldnt doubt staying here at all.

It is very easy to go to the centre from there and the beds are very comfortable!

• 17th Oct 2014

It was ok, but nowhere to cook your own food. The common area was quite comfortable, but dull. It was more expensive than other hostels, and you have to pay extra for breakfast. I also had to pay extra to use a towel, and I didn't use the security locker as there was no padlock provided - you have to buy one.

Terrific!

• 15th Oct 2014

Good location on the Jubilee line for getting downtown easily Our room was small but overall the beds were comfortable for a hostel This was a good option over staying in a more expensive hotel

The room was horrible, dirty and small. You can´t charge your phone because you dont have usb ports or electricity to conect your phone, computer, etc... Please dont go to Palmers lodge... thats my advice

• Argentina

It was a good clean hostel, but I was disappointed that breakfast wasn't free. Also I had booked for a female dorm, but when I arrived the staff told me I would have to be in a mixed dorm. I was not aware of the change, and I feel that I or any other customer should be notified when something like that situation happens.

• 14th Oct 2014

18인실 믹스 2일, 12인실 믹스 2일, 12인실 여성 1일 묵었음. 다른후기처럼 침대에 커튼과 개별등이 있어 좋았음. 다인실인데 시끄러운건 없었고ㅋ 한국인 많음..ㅋㅋ 욕실에는 뜨거운물 짱 잘나옴.근데 공용 샤워실에서는 30초마다 자동으로 꺼지는 시스템이라 좀 불편, 여자방에는 안에 샤워실이 있는데 그건 안그래서 좋았음. 홀은 대체로 편한 분위기고 커피나 차를 무료로 줘서 좋았음, 단점을 내몸에서 나는건지 시트에서 나는건지 어디서 나는건지 한 번씩 수건묵은냄새?하수구냄새?가 났었는데 피곤해서 신경쓸겨를없이 기절함. 벌레는 없는듯. 못봄ㅋ 대체로 만족하고 담에도 또 묵을 의향있음. 추천함

• South Korea

Palmer's Lodge at Swiss Cottage is such a wonderful place to stay. It will ruin you for other Hostel experiences. Highlights are the gorgeous lounge room with free coffee all day, the spacious and exciting basement bar, the easy access to buses & tube stations, and a great general feeling of comfort and relaxation. Highly recommended, worth the extra few pounds.

• 13th Oct 2014

Really friendly staff, very clean facilities, nice bar, good location. First experience in a hostel and it was great. Definitely to recommend.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

I truly enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge. The staff was very accommodating and friendly and the general feel of the place was cosy and welcoming. Closer to the Swiss Cottage station than I had anticipated which was a nice surprise and the curtains for the bunk beds were a bonus. The one remark I could leave is that the showers were somewhat disappointing. Weak flow and it was sometimes impossible to adjust the temperature. But that was only a minor set back during an otherwise great stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7