Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Cosy place and nice atmosphere. New and clean bathrooms which were actually working and with plenty of hot water. Room quite ok with curtains around the bunk bed. I didn't use the other facilities such as lounge, bar, etc., so I don't know what these were like, but if you just need a place to sleep and keep your stuff, I would definitely recommend it. One of my better London hostel experiences. Also a good location, 5 minutes' walk from Finchley Road tube station and not too far from Hampstead.

Thank you, I've spent a nice week-end. Best regards

• 21st Nov 2014

During the height of of morning rush, the multiple toilets were closed for cleaning. This is completely unacceptable! When multiple comments were made to the staff there was complacency/lack of concern over the problem.

• 20th Nov 2014

Very easy to get to. Quite close to Central London and nice area to stay in. Close to restaurants and rain station. Lots of info available at the hostel for things to do in London. Overall good staff and hospitality, I would definitely recommend!

• 20th Nov 2014

Nice play to stay. Reliable and kind of old english style. If you are looking for a more friendly and excellent located hostel this would not be the best option, even though it is a good place to be.

Stayed at Palmers Lodge many times over the years, always very good value for money. Disappointed that breakfast is no longer inclusive in what has become a reasonably expensive Hostel.

• 18th Nov 2014

깨끗하고 지하철역과 가까워서 편했지만 12인실 묵었었는대 2층침대 올라가기 힘들었고 샤워실에 물건놓을곳이 없어 불편했다 직원들은 친절한사람반 불친절한사람반 그럭저럭 아침은 5.50파운드에 여러종류의 빵과 커피또는 주스를 제공, 먹어보진 않았다 유명해서 그런지 사람 진짜 많음

• South Korea

Best hostel in London!

room for four up on the garret was little bit uncomfortable. and wasn't cheap though.

• 18th Nov 2014

I loved staying here. Bed curtains were a nice touch. I also loved thick carpet on the floor: I often returned way past everyone's bedtime, so it really helped not to disturb anyone accidentaly. (I guess it's my roommates who have to be thankful.) My room was in the basement, near to bar and restaurant. Coupe of times smell from kitchen was too much to be ignored. Fortunately, it never got to my room, so only hallway was smelly. Noise wasn't a problem, though, as I was afraid it could be.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Was very impressed with the hostel. A beautiful old building. The beds were very comfortable and it is nice to have internet access in all the hostel. The only thing i could improve would be the self catering kitchen, it is a bit small and lacks an oven to heat food But the microwaves were very good ones. Great place will definitely come back again. Thanks..

I love the curtain around the beds so much. I lived in a 18-people mixed dorm but it is surprising quiet! Every bed has one socket and this is really a friendly feature for people who want some privacy :) Also, everyone can sleep at whatever time they want without being disturbed by the light of the room.

Very nice and helpful staff. The facilities were very nice and cozy but the walls were thin so it was quite noisy.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Hi there and thank you for your review, Apologies for any inconvenience caused. We're sorry to hear you suffered from the noise and we'll look into the room you were staying as to see if we can better sound proof the walls. And we must say that your review made us show our smiles, because it was cute as it rimes :)

We were misinformed about the type of private room we booked having been told they weren't bunk beds when they were and a staff member came into our room without knocking I am assuming for cleaning. Other than that the hostel was very clean, had the basics needed and was in a great location with parking. The staff were friendly and we would use it again.

• 14th Nov 2014

This is the smelliest hostel I have ever been to. We told the cleaning staff about the terrible stank in our room, it was as if we slept inside an old shoe made of moist towels, and they did put five or six air fresheners in the room, without much success.

• Norway

Hi there and thank you for your review, We are sorry and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Since in a hostel a lot of people come and go daily, we try to keep the place as clean as possible. But it can happen that a backpacker travelling around the world ends up in a shared dorm and his/her small pair of shoes can leave quite an impression. As you could observe, we try to make things better but sometimes it can take up to one day for a strong odor to go away. Kind regards.

Have stayed in much nicer hostels both around London and in Europe. The room was dirty - I dont think they had vacuumed in the last week. The beds were lumpy, there were no shelves for clothes/dry area for changing in the shower area, and the staff were not very accommodating - even though we had emailed and asked to all stay together, they didn't accommodate us but did fit in a group of five French people who arrived at 1am... Would not recommend, would not stay again.

Friendly and welcoming staff. Nice facilities for a hostel and clean. Was very pleased with my stay, although was a short one !

Had a delightful time. ...thank you!...Martha Labadie

Still the best hostel in London. It's very clean and all facilities are modern. The downside is that they have stopped doing free breakfast so now the value for money is now very poor. It's never cheap to get inso unless you have plenty of cash, it isn't budget any more.Maybe they could introduce a free breakfast and upgrade to a very good breakfast if you are feeling free with your money as for 4.50p, you can get very good cooked vreakfasts in London for thesame price.

Great hostel with great staff, good location near the tube. Will start again in my next trip to London!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7