Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Very good and lovely hostel, the best so far!

All good apart from rude cleaners, I know it's a rubbish job but you chose it! Don't take that out on the guests!! :/

• 17th Jan 2015

The room was not as the one shown in the pictures, also there was a little cold inside but overall is a nice and clean place to stay. Not really close to the centre, but in metro you can reach any point around the city, so is not a big deal, and the staff is really keen to give you directions.

The only negative thing to say is that breakfast isn't included anymore. Other than that, my number-one-place to stay in London.

• 15th Jan 2015

Hi there and thank you for your review. We were receiving many reviews in concern of the quality of the old breakfast saying that the offer wasn't good enough. Hence we decided to offer guests a better breakfast, more complete, and in order to do it we had to start charging for it. :( Hope you can still choose us for your next stay! :)

Five stars all the way... I really enjoyed my stay

The location and the staff are good, but the rooms and drawers are too small, and the restroom is crowded.

• 14th Jan 2015

The rood was bit cold and I think they didn't clean well.Smell was not so good. Kitchen is small. It's not enough to cook with bunch of people. The lift was broken. It was horrible. London is high price city, so this hostel is good to stay,when you think about your money.

I have stayed here before and it was ok but this time it just was pretty lame. The atmosphere of the place is to busy and doesn't allow travelers to come together, talk, and share stories. A friend of mine had her locker broken into while there, and there should be a rule that you mush shower in order to stay at the hostel, (had a room that smelled like curry, BO, and expired salami).

Now that Palmer's Lodge has established a guest kitchen, it moves back up to the first rank of London hostels. Importatn to point out, though, that the kitchen is pokey (impossible to work in there with more than two people), But it;s still a guest kitchen, after all. The place also had dropped the included breakfast and lowered its prices -- with a paid-for breakfast. This, too, is a move forward.

I have stayed several times at Palmer's lodge since 2010. The 18 bed mixed dorm remains great value, with plenty of space, plenty of power points, and small curtains for privacy. The wifi has improved, as has the space in the ground floor showers. However, the 30 second timer in the showers is a pain, the kitchen facilities remain poor, and they no longer offer a free breakfast.

Great Hostel. There are reviews saying that people are not social in this hostel, but I am assuming that they did not initiate any conversation. Made great friends at this hostel. Very very clean facilities. Safe. I did not try the breakfast, but also did not want to pay the price for it. Staff was very nice and friendly. Just overall a nice place place! I would go back to this hostel in a heartbeat. Privacy screens when sleeping were also a big perk to my stay.

Not my first stay, and most likely not my last. Good value for your money and close (by tube or bus) to most things you ''have'' to see when in London.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

excellent as always

Thank you! Hope to see you again soon. Tom

I go back to the hostel every time I can. Very clean and comfy; nice structures and bed's already made when you check in! :D Easily reachable with metro/bus and handy also if you plan a night out (nightbuses run both from Piccadilly and Camden Town)

Stayed here several times, always a pleasure.

Hello, glad to hear it. We look forward to seeing you next time. Tom

Stayed the second time there! Would come a third time!

My room was a attic and wifi didn't reach up there. No breakfast included although they have signs and there website said that breakfast is Complementary. I wouldn't stay here again.

Hello could you get in touch with us saying which website says breakfast is included and we can arrange compensation? Kind regards

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is very convienent for getting around and the hostel itself is very clean and tidy and secure. The curtains around the beds are a huge plus! I would definitely stay here again.

Hi there and thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear we might have you with us again in the future. Hope it can be soon! :) Kind regards

Kitchen was very small and have no stove, only microwaves.

The kitchen is terrible. You think you're gonna save some money cooking at the hostel, since in London everything is so expensive, but you don't have not even a pan, a stove or a oven to cook something. My room was in the third floor, the girl in the reception didn't explain me how to get there, once it was in some kind of attic. Also in the first day the electricity was not working in my room and I couldn't even charge my phone and they didn't make an effort to change my room or even apologize.

• 5th Jan 2015

Hi there. We don't really advertise ourselves as a hostel with self catering kitchen. We just thought that, as being a backpacker hostel, many of our guests might enjoy saving some pounds and buying food that can be stored in a fridge and be cooked on a microwave later. Having many supermarkets around the hostel that provide already cooked meals, it sounded like a good idea that guests could take the most of our facilities. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7