Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Really nice place to stay if I'm ever in London again that's where I'd stay

Hi ! Thanks for your feedback - We are glad to hear you had a great experience here at Palmers Lodge. Please come back soon!

this Hostel was great. it is very big but still they manage it to keep it very clean. the next Substation is only 5 minutes away and you will be in the Center of London in less than 15 minutes. Camden is very close too (. 30 Minute walk). i really enjoyed staying in this Hostel.one think i didnt like that much is that they dont have a Kitchen were you can cook your own food at ( only one microwave)

The place was very clean and the private room we rented had everything we needed for our one night we spent in London. One thing I was a bit annoyed about is that the hostel didn't have a charger to borrow. We had a charger for southern Europe, but not London. I wish there was a charger to borrow for 40 mins at reception instead of forcing people to buy it. Overall, good experience, but a bit pricey.

• 11th Apr 2014

We stayed there for 3 day.v ery friendly and helpful receptioners, good croissants, cheap food at the restaurant of the hotel.A 2 minute tube ride from the centre and 5 min walk from the hotel to the bus station for the aeroports I recommend it to everybody who wants a budget trip to London Olga

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Romania

Dear guest, Thanks for the lovely review!! Please come back soon!

If you stay at a weekend be aware that people will be coming back from a night out and even when trying to, won't be as quiet as when sober and on a normal day. I have stayed before midweek and enjoyed it - this time at a weekend over two different rooms I hardly slept at all, and gave up to stay elsewhere on the third night.

This is my first time in Europe and my first time ever staying in a hostel. I was nervous at first but truly enjoyed my stay here. I stayed in the 12 bedroom female dorm. It was small but cozy... the bunks had privacy curtains which I thought was a great feature to keep out unwanted light. Also inside the bunk was and outlet, a light and a small cubby/shelf, this was so convenient. I was able to have a little room inside a room. I could shut the curtain and have everything I need next to me.

• 9th Apr 2014

It could have been more mirrors in the bathroom. Because the mirror was over the sink, this space had to be given to people washing heir hands and brushing their teeth. I missed a mirror where I could just fix my hair and make up. The lamp over the mirror in the bedroom didn't work properly, so it was too dark. I also missed somewhere I could put my things in the bathroom, as the floor always was very wet. I loved the lounge and the bar/dining room. The bed was also great.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Norway

I stayed for one night in a weekend full of gallery visits, pulling a solidly diurnal schedule. I was here for sleep, and this was a mistake. A massive window ensured a lack of sleep-friendly darkness. Sound passed straight through the walls. The sound? Other people in the hostel, playing music both recorded and from an acoustic guitar, shouting in the corridors. The place seems okay if you want to hang out there and don't care about sleep. If you're doing daylight things, , go elsewhere.

eventually to little space in the bathrooms. quite busy in the morning.

• Austria

Best hostel ever. I travel a lot but I've never found such a combination of cosy and comfortable beds, clean toilets and kitchen plus a lovely lounge with free coffee and room for all. Moreover, it's walking distance from Buckingham Palace...

• Sweden

I had a very pleasant, convenient stay. The staff were very helpful and polite. The facilities are good, bed was comfortable. Breakfast is good. Place is clean and in good order. The hotel staff & manager should be very pleased with what an outstanding job they do. Well done Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage!

• Scotland

I found the hostel very good value for my money. The location is good, the beds are actually stable and the curtains gave some privacy if you wanted it. I would definitely stay here again if I travel to London.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Finland

Very clean and nice Hostel

• 3rd Apr 2014

Male staff quite unfriendly. Good location and facilities, although no kitchen. Beds are good in terms of privacy. Not a very social atmosphere

• 2nd Apr 2014

I almost would have put average on the value for money but I do understand it's London and that's expensive. Location and the included breakfast, coffees & free Wifi makes up for the price-value balance against the three-bunk high beds in the 12-bed dorm you still pay almost 30 quid a night for... pity they're not full-size one person mattresses which make for some cramped up sleeping as a 1.82m tall girl ;)

• 2nd Apr 2014

For a hostel I thought palmer lodge was great. It was very basic but it was clean. The is a bar and restaurant down stairs with was very nice and fairly cheap. The breakfast was basic but it was nice. I would stay again.

• 2nd Apr 2014

We stayed in a private double room with an ensuite for three nights and felt very safe and secure. Swiss cottage is a very nice area and the hostel is close to the tube so it is easy to get around. The rooms were very clean; the bathroom had a slight bleach smell which assured us it was cleaned thoroughly. One of the girls at the front desk was new to London so she couldn't help us with any questions we had (tube tickets, places to eat etc.). Also the free breakfast consisted of mouldy bread!

Staff not very friendly.

• 1st Apr 2014

Love the place, very friendly staff, nice and clean beds/ showers/ toilets, great!:

When we checked in the front desk was very rude. Then the bartender downstairs left and didn't come back for over half an hour, making it impossible to order drinks. The light in our room never worked, we were there for two days and let the front desk know the first day we arrived. As much as we were paying for the room it's totally unacceptable that the only light in the room not work when we arrive, let alone not be looked at for several days. Poor service all around, super disappointed.

• 31st Mar 2014