Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I have stayed only 1 night at this hostel but have enjoyed it very much. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the place is cleaned, there is a nice and big living room, the bar is downstairs which also served as breakfast area, a conservatory room where you could have also breakfast by sunny weather. Rooms and bathrooms are OK. Very important there is a lift for those travelling with heavy suitcase. The kitchen is quite small but equipped. I like the character of this place. Will come back.

The evening desk girl was quite condescending and seemed genuinely bored and resentful about having to talk to people. I wasn't able to get her name as she didn't wear a nametag, however I'm sure if they read this and ask anyone else staying there they would know exactly who I'm talking about. There was candy stuck to my traveling partners blankets when we got there and my bed didn't look like it was made after the last person left. Not impressed.

• 25th Sep 2014

There were only few things that could have been better. The showers are 30sec showers one when you push the button, but one was only 3sec. And another one was not hot enough, couldn't turn the button. Then when you want to take a shower there's no place to put your clothes only two hooks for that.

The hostel is very big and seems one Hotel. I liked the services, the atmosphere and the location, because is very close to two metro station, goods supermarkets and restaurants.

Loved my stay here. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Definitely remember to bring a lock or towel as well as cash. There is an added charge for swiping your card and the ATM will charge you for withdrawals there. Overall it was a really nice place for what you are paying for.

• 19th Sep 2014

I`m disappointed of my stay in Palmers Lodge for the following reasons: - the deluxe "room" for 2 persons is in reality a very small room of no more than 4m2 and a bathroom of 1.2x1.2m in cheap plastics, paid about 90 GBP per night for 2 persons. Despite the quality of location, it is far from a good value for money, in my opinion, - very noisy and almost no isolation from the street and the neighbour rooms (side and above). It is impossible to sleep as long as neighbours were not quite sleeping

• 18th Sep 2014

I stayed in a 21 bedded dorm , this was a bit to much . to noise with all those people . even at midnight . the location is ok . close to the subway the building looks nice . enough toilets and showers

• 18th Sep 2014

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoyed the stay in your room too much. We know it can get noisy in the biggest dorms, that's why we also offer accommodation in smaller dorms such as 6 or 4 bed dorms (As well as private rooms). Hope to see you again soon! :)

The staff so rude! The room were so noisy! Breakfast to expensive, they charge you if you pay with credit card!!

overall is good, most of the staff are helpful n friendly, but only one asian girl staff is rude and not lenient at tall

Arrived on a Sunday night and it was very quiet, despite a bar downstairs and being told the hostel was booked out. Seemed to be a large tour of young French kids, and there were also a lot of older people around. All in all quiet a nice place.

Hi there and thank you for your review! Yeah, sometimes it's more quiet than what we actually would like. But it all depends on the season really. Hope to see you again soon!! :)

It was great beautiful and comfortable stay.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for your kind words! Hope to see you soon!!! :)

This was my favorite hostel to stay in, the atmosphere was fantastic and I wish I could have stayed for more than one night. The 24 hour check out was fantastic as it allowed me to leave when I needed to for work and the distance to bus stops and the train station is great. I would definitely stay there again.

Palmers lodge-Swiss cottage would've been perfect ONLY IF the breakfast was free :)

Palmers Lodge was my first Hosteling experience and based on my stay there I'm now a convert.

• 13th Sep 2014

Seriously. This is a 5* hostel. I will stay there for sure in the future

Awww, thank you very much for your kind words!! Hope to see you soon!!!! :)

Very good hostel ! I'll go back ! I couldn't eat a breakfast though, it was too expansive :(

• 12th Sep 2014

This place is really nice and really well located. The only problem we had is that the 2 girls at the reception were really really not nice, they looked angry when we arrived (something happened before probably) and they've been mean to us. I was shocked by they behavior so that's why i mention here. But other than that, we had a good time there :-).

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with our reception staff. As you well mentioned, something must have happened before you guys arrived as everyone at the reception is usually very nice. We do apologize for not giving you our best customer service this time. Hope you guys can come back soon and have a much better experience!! :)

Having booked in June for several nights with FREE breakfast, I was quite upset to discover, when I arrived that I had to pay for it (things had changed since August 18th). I stayed at Palmers Lodge in July and no one informed me about that upcoming change. The change is ok, but at least, they should have been fair towards the guests who had booked before August 18th. Many guests were unhappy, like me, about that matter and the staff at the reception was quite rude with us.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about what happened and we apologize for it. There must have been some kind of misunderstanding as the reception staff was informed that all the bookings made before August would have free breakfast. So because of this, we would like to offer you a %10 discount for your next stay and the breakfast for free, of course. Kind regards, The Palmers Lodge Team.

Everything was great, just the person at check-in had a bad day or sth.cause she looked really unhappy and angry at world. I know that u can not smile all the time, but at least try :))

Hi there and thank you for your review. It's very sad to hear that you didn't feel welcome by one of our staff members. We do apologize as the customer service is very important to us and we want people to feel as good as at home. We are very sorry and with the hope that in a next time you would be able to have a much better experience. Have an awesome day!! :)

Some of the staf seemed not serviceminded at all and not interested in to help out or just in simple things as checking in or out.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Hi there and thank you for your review. It's a shame to read something like this and we are going to have an internal investigation about it. We are very sorry and we do apologize if some of our staff members were not kind to you. We hope that you can come back soon and experience a much better stay. Kind regards

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7