Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Clean and tidy, nice staff, may come back in the future.

I was worried that a 21 bed dorm was going to feel busy, but the dorm was very quiet and the atmosphere calm. I loved how every bed had its own curtains, making you feel very private and safe evethough you were sharing rooms with twenty other people. The general age at the hostel was quite high I would say, which meant that the hostel was not noisey. If you value a good nights (and mornings) sleep after a long day out touristing or partying you will love this place.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Wonderful Hostel, the only bad thing is that they stop serving breakfast at just 10 am, a bit too early for me.

• 12th Dec 2014

Thank you very much, we had a great stay. Just one little note, we stayed on the first floor, it would be great to have more sinks in the bathroom and also some hooks and shelves to put your beauties and clothes whilst using the sink..but all in all, it's great value for money and very handy for the tube and buses. thanks again. We will certainly come back. Nicola Jones

best Hostel I have ever stayed at!! :D

It was our first time at a hostel and we like it a lot. Our stay was too short but it's a very lovely hostel. We'll come again! :-)

• 12th Dec 2014

Palmer's Lodge has pulled its socks up and put its prices down; so it is back amid my list of favorite boltholes in London. The long-promised guezt kitchen, though, is rudimentary. You coulda dun better, guys, but under the circs, I forgive you. Nice move on charging separately for breakfast -- wonderful for free and independent travelers.

First time in a hostel-excellent

• 10th Dec 2014

Had to pay extra for towels. Someone is at the front desk 24 hours so that was nice. We missed the breakfast because of early morning trains. My friend, who was sick the night before just wanted to take a piece of bread for the road, and they wouldn't let us do that, one of the only real negatives from the stay.

Hostel is great value for money, is average as it took as fferent melocationtook to differentlineso the city centre, in total you should calculate about 45 minutes. Staff wasnt very friendly, but helpful though, they print as a map how to take a night bus to the hostel (2 different buses, too far for the crazy night out, unless you wanna take a last metro at 24) Hostel was clean, our double ensuit very small, basically only bed , nothing to do with the pics on the web. Breakfast the besfor4.70!

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Spain

We asked a couple of weeks before if we could combine two bookings that were made seperately, so that we could be in the same room. Unfortunately, we didn't get a reply and we were also put in two different rooms. Apart from that we really enjoyed our stay.

I have stayed at Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage on many occasions and prefer it to most of the expensive London hotels. If you are polite, friendly and well organised you will have no problems with your stay or with the with the staff, who have always taken good care of me. I wish this wonderful hostel every success and hope it will be around for many years to come.

Staff very king and polite. Great atmosphere! Very very clean. It was perfect, great value for money. Exactly as expected. Recommended, i would certainly stay here next time i'm in London

• 2nd Dec 2014

We loved the hostel!! The place is really nice and tidy at all aspects. The staff is awesome and ready to help you all day. Totally recommend this hostel...really close to the tube station, so you can go anywhere in London from there.

A pretty nice Hostel overall. The facilities are OK, the Wi-Fi doesn't really work in the rooms, and it gets hot as hell at night in your bed. The windows don't really open much due to security reasons so there isn't really much you can do. In terms of location, it's not bad, but you will have to take the underground and make transfers to get to the tourist spots. Lots of restaurants near by but supermarket is about 15-20 mins away by foot, near the next station on the jubilee line.

I've been in London many times in other hostels and this one is the best I've ever been. If I come back I'll choose Swiss Cottage for sure.

• 30th Nov 2014

Triple bunk beds are not accessible for everybody, people should be informed about their existence in the description of the room they reserve. All the rest is great

No possibilities for any booking changes !

Good location, underground only a 2 minute walk away

I had a very nice stay in this hostel. They have a nice lounge room and a good bar + restaurant downstairs. I was staying in a dorm, it was not noisy at all and a good plus : there are curtains around each bed so you can have your privacy!

• 27th Nov 2014