Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

thanks for a nice stay. it was hassle free, convenient, and enjoyable. lots of useful leaflets and brochures around with good ideas for city attractions, and the slips with details of how to get to local airports a great idea.

• 20th Aug 2014

Very poor staff. Made to feel extremely unwelcome.

• 19th Aug 2014

On the homepage it was told that there was a pool billard. But this didn´t exist anymore-unfortunately. It would have been great to have one for the two 15 year old boys. Or darts (away from the bar)

• 18th Aug 2014

Great that it has a bar. The breakfast was fantastic, croissants etc. Would be helpful if the beds had sockets to charge appliances etc. Also: would not advise this hostel for anyone quite large, the ladders to the beds are very very narrow. It's a little out of the way (on the grey metro line - Jubilee i think) but if staying in a beautiful big old building is your thing, it would be worth it. Few more staff needed on reception.

The only reason I choose this hostel was that I had to visit a relative in this neighborhood, but it was a very positive surprise. I will stay there at my next visit for sure.

We booked as a 3, but got split into separate rooms. It would be preferable to all be placed into the same room, even if checking in separately.

Booked this hostel based off the reviews, and I'm glad I chose this one. It's exactly what I was looking for for a weekend trip. I didn't want to spend much money just for a place to sleep/shower and it was very close the tube station. I felt very safe here, it was extremely clean, everyone was friendly, felt like an old Victorian home, had great wifi in my room, beds had curtains for privacy and they had parking for 5 pounds. Very few hostels in London have parking and that was a must for us.

it was good, clean and beautiful young house. But it's a pity that you do a payment for breakfast now it's too expensive for a breakfast.

• 14th Aug 2014

The experience itself was very satisfactory I had no problems with the hostel. Some members of the staff were not very receptive but they were helpful.

There were not enough washbasins to be found on the second floor - unless there were some that I did not find. All the facilitites were cleaned very frequently. There was a problem with socialising that has become sadly very common in all backpacker facilities these days. You now walk into a lounge area - where it used to be so easy to meet interesting people - only to find that every single person in the room is staring into some kind of electonic device. Very depressing.

We really enjoyed the breakfast that was included with our stay and the nice free tea at night.

I didn't spend too much time here, just came back to sleep, so can't comment too much on the atmosphere and all. I wish the staff had explained about the lockers -- not sure if there were any even. I would have liked to lock my things up during the day, but when I checked in they were not mentioned. However, the rest of my experience was good. I stayed in a 12 bed all female dorm and really appreciated the curtains around each bed to provide a bit of privacy.

Two ladies over sixty this was the ideal place to stay Handy to bus and tube high standard of cleanliness and very helpful staff

Kitchen could be more well equipped. Otherwise amazing stay! Perfect.

• 10th Aug 2014

IT WAS A VERY PEACEFUL AND RELAXING PLACE, WITH OUTSTANDING FACILITIES AND A VERY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT. PEOPLE FROM THE RECEPTION AND THE RESTAURANT WHERE SO ATTENTIVE AND HELPFUL, I WUOLD DEFINITELY GO AGAIN!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

This hostel was amazing. The building was old and beautiful (and VERY full of history! I asked the front desk about it and they happily printed out a paper full of information for me). The dorms have many people to a room, but people were so respectful and quiet that you'd never know. Each bed felt like a cool bunk on a ship. They had little blackout curtains, individual lights and rolling bins for your things. The bathrooms were very clean and there were plenty of them.

I booked "Standard 12 Bed Female Dorm Ensuite" for one night, but the bed i got was in "Standard 12 Bed Mix Dorm". I arrived late and was tired, so I went to bed without knowing it. Overall, the Hostel was good, but I am not happy that the bed wasn't what I booked in advance.

Great stay, as always :)

Nice, especially when you have some privacy, like curtains, lamp. But guys, fix the doors in the rooms, they closing sooo nosy.

I stay at the Palmer Lodge almost every time I am in London and I look forward to my next visit..

• 5th Aug 2014