Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Excellent value for money hostel!! Good service Extremely tasty breakfast for only 4,50 GBP/day (eat as much as you like continental breakfast) Quiet rooms Bed extremely comfortable to sleep in Very clean hostel!!

The bathrooms were disappointing in comparison to say Wombats where I stayed last week. Definitely overdue for a renovation. The sheet on my mattress was also supposed to serve as a top sheet, by tucking one side into the mattress then folding over the other side to act as the top sheet they tried to make it two in one. In the middle of the night you just end up lying on a very old mattress. Again bathrooms look as tho from a seventies army barracks and sheet procedure needs to change.

• 26th Jun 2015

This place had atmosphere in spades. Being a huge old Victorian building it was a bit sprawling- to get to the attic rooms was like going through a maze. Also sometimes things went wrong, like the elevator not working or a bathroom over flowing. But the place was still really nice to stay at, with lots of nice areas to relax in. The staff were all also really nice and helpful. Very close to the tube station and also to lots of little shops. Would stay again.

Beds were comfy and I enjoyed the curtain that separates each person! Staff was great and very attentive! A little outdated but fine for a hostel. Not dirty in particular but not very clean either. I was in the basement not far from the bar where music was blaring at night, but I found that I couldn't hear a thing while trying to sleep! The one thing I didn't like was that there are bunk beds that are three beds high, maybe it's just me but I would hate to be on the top!

A well equipped hostel with friendly staff. The showers and toilets are very clean and easy to use. Breakfast buffet worth its value very much. The whole building has a warm atmosphere, good decorations and structure.

Stayed in an 18 bed mixed dorm and the room was big over 2 levels and there were curtains on every bed for privacy. Lockers under bed or in room but not big enough for a large bag just valuables. As a solo traveller I found it kind of hard to meet people here as everyone just keeps to themselves. Good location in terms of the Camden markets (you can walk there) and close to the train station and only a few minutes on the tube into the city

Clean, easy to get to, well equipped with the lounge, bar, self cook facilities and laundry room. The 24 hour reception is awesome. The basement rooms got really hot though but not a particularly big deal. I'd stay again!

• 23rd Jun 2015

I particularly like the curtains on the bunks

The place was warm and cozy. Loved the quaintness of the facility. Staff was amazing.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Really cool hostel that looks quite old. The rooms were neat and the bathrooms weren't too bad. Overall enjoyed our stay. Also a good location since it is close to both the Jubilee and Metropolitan underground.

Beautiful

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Morocco

Another wonderful experience at Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage! I recommend this a must stay location for any traveller wanting a clean and friendly hostel. I stayed in an 18 mixed dorm and had a perfect sleep! The best part is the breakfast on offer with all you can eat croissants.

Dear guest, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are always pleased to see happy customers come back! We look forward to you visiting again! Tom

Excellent staff. Excellent location. Clean facilities. Recommended!

I thought this lodge was great. It has this Victorian man cave thing going on with the decor, all though the front desk has kind of cheapened that with some ill-advised fake flowers hahaha. I stayed there for a total of 8 hours, but I do know that as a 6'6" male, the beds were simply too small. There was no way for me to actually stretch out, so just be warned if you are tall. The beds had little lights and curtains in them, which I really appreciated. Storage for bags was nice as well.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us with some feedback. I'm sorry that the bed's were on the small side for you, the fact is that for the most part they are ok for most guests. Perhaps next time you could email ahead and we may have some that are better for you since they are not all built in. Otherwise we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Tom

Once I got to know the city better I realized this location was excellent! It was very easy to catch the tube. Also there is a bus stop nearby to catch the National Express to Stanstead (I did not learn this from the staff, they recommended a taxi). Cleanliness is above and beyond in this hostel. The smell of bleach was noticeable in the showers and bathrooms. That is not a complaint.

Great-looking building. Friendly, professional staff. Clean rooms and showers. Nice, residential area near underground. Unfortunately, poorly-ventilated common rooms. Everything smelled like cigarettes and I had to check out early due to a sore throat and a headache. Even staff-members smoked near building entrances.

Stay was good. Very helpful staff.

I had a nice stay at this hostel. Our room was large enough that it didn't feel cramped, even with 12 people in it, and the curtains around each bed allowed for good privacy. The bathroom was a bit small for that many people to share, but there were never any problems with crowding. The hostel is located a short ways out of the city, but as long as you don't mind taking the tube or bus it's not a hassle to get there. The atmosphere was more like that of a hotel, due to the size of the hostel.

Very good

The curtains on the bed couldnt be moved, making sure no one could interact with fellow bunk mates even if they wanted to. Staff were friendly and helpful, the bar and food was great. No complaints but nothing great to compliment about either! Was a good stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7