Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Nice central location, nice old fashioned building

• 12th Apr 2015

Best hostel ever!!!!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

The rooms are too small. It doesn't worth the money. We paid for 100 pounds for a deluxe double room en-suite, but the room is the 2-nd smallest in the hostel.

Atmosphere is very uninviting.. the bar, with the most inviting part of the hostel to hang out in, closes at 11pm and you are directed to the hot box lounge upstairs. 5 second shower is also disappointing. Clean though!

Staff was amazing and it was really clean! It's a little bit far from some of the big touristy places like the West End but the neighborhood it's in is very quiet and quaint

• 4th Apr 2015

This hostel was really nice! I liked the building, the location was great for getting to Central London through the Tube (even if the line for that Underground line was down, the city was nice enough to provide suitable replacement transportation), the staff was incredibly helpful and hospitable, the food was good, and I was thankful for the laundry facilities!

I've booked a 21 female dorm which is the only available options for the date i travel. Definitely not recommending anyone to choose that as it was too packed and there literally have no secure place to store your own belongings. you have to rent a locker which will be located on the other floor if you do not have a pad lock with you. I find it not convenient. Also, the hostel have a very strong smell of wood which i personally dont really like it.

A wonderfully gorgeous place, impressed by the delightful interior, just wish I hadn't been such a heavy snorer, sorry to anyone staying in the room, during my stay!

• 30th Mar 2015

Was mostly clean and was in a great location. However, when I told them the bed light wasn't working, they didn't seem to care. Someone looked at it, then did nothing about it. That kind of ticked me off, especially since I was staying there for 5 nights out of my 6 night holiday and I had no light to sit in my quiet bunk and read. Why not use the lounge? Because I was avoiding noise and the millions of unsupervised under 16s that were running around. I personally wouldn't stay here again.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave some comments. We are always looking to improve our service, and your comments are valuable for that. I apologise for the fact that the problem with your bed-light was not resolved, this is not the standard that we expect from staff. Thanks again for the feedback. Tom

The Staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is really good and you can get you money's worth. However, the doors close with a loud bang every time you close them - and since the room next to us decided to come back in the middle of the night, we were woken up by several loud bangs at 4 in the morning. And it wasn't even our room! That was very annoying!

• 29th Mar 2015

Nice place, with friendly people from all around the world.

• 29th Mar 2015

Cosy. Nice how the individual beds have curtains for privacy.

Always a good time. This was my 4th time staying here. Great private beds and nifty roll out lockers for security.

Thanks for the comments, it's always great to hear from a return guest! Hopefully see you again next time you come through London. Tom

The rooms are greatgreat, especially the privacy curtains on the beds. Staff are nice, but when I asked for a recommendationrecommendation on where to go out to see music in Camden (close by and popular area) they had nothing to offer. I also emailed ahead of time to ask if they had a kitchen for guest use (I have food allergies and need to be able to cook) and they saod yes. When I got there they had a toaster and microwave, no knives or anything. So upsetting false advertising.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving some feedback for us. We do have a limited guest kitchen due to a lack of space at the hostel, however as a result of this we do not advertise the kitchen online at all. However this should have been explained completely when you email, so I apologise that it wasn't made clear. Thanks again for the feedback. Tom

Fantastic lounge, bar and restaurant- makes the hostel very homey.

Glad that you find out hostel homey. Thanks for the positive comments. Tom

Nice and cheap place. Very confortable beds and friendly staff .

Thanks for the positive comments, happy that you had a good stay with us. Tom

It was a great stay. The staff was nice and the room was great.

• 23rd Mar 2015

The wifi is terrible. The only place you can get a strong signal is downstairs in the lounge.

Good atmosphere! People try to stay quiet in the rooms, only issue is that since there's so many people use the same bathrooms after a while they can get a little gross. :/ So shower early! Good deal though and beautiful hostel!

Dear guest, thanks for leaving the feedback, and good advice for other travellers. It's good that you enjoyed our hostel. Tom

I am absolutely delighted with this hostel!! 24h check in and chek out make it possible to come and go as your please or your flight schedule tells you to. The staff is lovely, very friendly and international...you'll find accents from all over the world. I stayed in a fourteen bed doorm and I have to say...for London conditions: it was the best hostel experience I've ver had. Yes, it is England, adjust your expectations. It was clean, save and perfect for the price.

• 23rd Mar 2015