Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

This is one of my absolute favourite hostels in the world, nice and clean with moderate pricing and excellent location (walking distance to centre of London). I always meet friendly people from all over the world at Palmer's and there's a lovely reading lounge and a decent bar downstairs.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

Dear Guest, we are happy that you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for the recommend! Tom

Great hostel,nice location, lots of good people and very clean. Like Arnie said: I'll be back.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

And we'll be happy to see you! Thanks for the positive & funny comments! All the best. Tom

Many of the facilities advertised were limited. Bar was poorly stocked and staffed and hard to find the right time to attend at around the scheduled group dinners. Bathrooms were awkward with both use of males and females.

Swiss Cottage was an absolutely great hostel. From the ability to eat breakfast there in the morning to the rooms and facilities, the entire place was great. The location is also very good, being mere minutes from the Tube. Definitely will be my top choice for future trips to London, and I'll definitely be recommending the place to my friends. Keep up the good work! Only "problem" was that the WiFi was a bit shoddy in my room (4), but that was no big deal, as it was fine elsewhere!

• 15th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Glad you enjoyed the hostel! We look forward to seeing you back here for future trips! Thanks again, Tom

Lounge was full when we got in at midnight so no where for the 8 of us to have a chat Other than that perfect!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Everything was clean, centric location and nice stuff. Good place to stay.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Spain

It was a very nice stay! Thanks to Cody, my favorite receptionist, who managed everything I needed ;-) One could advertise the bar downstairs more, because there was not much goin' on except for the rugby on the tele

• 13th Feb 2015

Really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff are brilliant.

• 13th Feb 2015

Reception not so professional

It's a great place, very cute, offers free wifi, and smaller dorms are well worth the money. It's much more pleasant sharing a room with only three strangers instead of 20.

• 9th Feb 2015

The only disappointing thing about the hostel was only having 3 computers available, and they were always in use. Overall however, the hostel was great, staff were helpful etc.

• 9th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay. Come back anytime you happen to pass through London. Thanks again Tom.

Everything is perfect!!!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • China

Very comfortable bed and the rooms were nice and warm. Bunk beds very comfortable and more sturdy than most hostels. The outside street was quiet at night so I could sleep well through the night.

• 7th Feb 2015

Only stayed there for one night but seemed decent enough. Place was clean, people were generally friendly, and not to far from a tube stop and central London.

I liked the ambiance, the room, the beds with the curtains, the building, but I thought that 1 shower for 9 people was far from enough

• 6th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm pleased that you like the building. I understand about the lack of the shower, however there is another bathroom on the ground floor near to the lift. Thanks again for the comments. Tom

While the drop down review gives this hostel a pretty good score, I had a horrible experience. I even ended up leaving the hostel one day early and staying elsewhere for a night. Multiple times their booking system double booked beds. Both nights I returned to the hostel to find people in my bed or there were clearly used sheets and dirty towels on the beds. I had to move rooms both nights which was a huge inconvenience. When I decided to leave they could not refund me. One star if that.

• 6th Feb 2015

Dear guest, firstly I would like to apologise for the bad experience that you had. We have taken a look at our hostel checking procedure pre-checkin each day in an effort to avoid such problems. However apologies again. Tom

More showers would be great.

• 5th Feb 2015

My friends and I stayed here for four nights and on multiple occasions there were people in our beds because the hostel double booked the beds making us move from room to room. After all of this there was no effort made by the staff to right their wrongs after we all explicitly stated how upset we were. The hostel itself is beautiful and in a lovely location. It was clean for the most part, but when we first checked in two out of four of our beds were still dirty from past stays.

• 5th Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are always looking to improve our service, and your comments are useful for this. We are changing the way we perform our daily hostel checks to ensure that the correct beds should always be free for those arriving. However I apologise for the fact that this wasn't in effect for you and your friends. thanks again for your comments. Tom

My stay was nice and pleasant. Noelia in reception was very kind and helpful. The facilities are vey good and the level of cleanliness excellent. The breakfast team are very nice and welcoming. I would most definitely recommend Palmers Lodge as a fine place to stay! Thank you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7