Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

It was great beautiful and comfortable stay.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Seriously. This is a 5* hostel. I will stay there for sure in the future

Very good hostel ! I'll go back ! I couldn't eat a breakfast though, it was too expansive :(

• 12th Sep 2014

Everything was great, just the person at check-in had a bad day or sth.cause she looked really unhappy and angry at world. I know that u can not smile all the time, but at least try :))

Wi-Fi wasn't working during my stay Not enough sockets in the dorms Food/drinks were stolen from the fridge Breakfast was free when I booked when I checked in I was told it was £4,50 Don't stay in a dorm in the basement, the bar is super noisy

For the 3 day there was no wifi.. The place is easy enough to find and bathroom or shower room was clean most of the time, but was a bit smelly (for dorm room -woman only)

• 8th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

As a hostel the staff could be more friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere should allow people to know each other easier. It was kind of a cheap hotel. Maybe due to the fact it is really big, maybe not... I stayed there for 3 nights, and since the 1st wi-fi was not working. It had been broken for more than a week... The standard answer was you can use the free internet we have in these [two] computers [for like a hundred guests]... In a new city, you depend on internet... or friendly staff..!

I just don't like that on the website was saying breakfast included, however when arrive at hostel they say breakfast was paid. I think should be included on the price, it will be a diference for the hostel Also the 5 days i stayed, there was no wifi working on the hostel. This was the most terrible to me.. I could't get in touch with my family

• 6th Sep 2014

The hostel was nice overall, clean facilities (bathrooms were cleaned various times a day), bunks have a curtain for privacy, and rooms are quite big (I was in a 14 bed dorm and never felt too crowded) Unfortunately the wifi did not work during my whole stay and according to others it had been down for a while before I got there. The staff was ok. There was one girl in particular who wasn't very kind at the front desk. I think next time I'll just go to the other hostel in Willesden Green.

The staffs are anoying and unfriendly, wifi are broken during all my stay , rooms are not clean at all, kichen is super small , definetiy dont come here for stay, the worst in my life!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Felt very overcrowded, front desk staff very busy and unsmiling. Despite no wifi, hardly any talking between guests, others than who were clearly travelling together. Bedroom lockers were taken and outside lockers involved queueing to get (ie PAY FOR) their use. Although I'd checked in I was challenged by a member of staff when I walked through to gthe restaurant area and made to feel like a criminal. Breakfast was good though.

Apparently, they seems to provide unrented beds to people in needs. That is nice and everything, but if they are putting them into the same room with someone who paid for a night, they at least should not to put a homeless man into room with two women. One point in security down for this.

• Czech Republic

Unfortunately, when I went there, I can't access the WiFi from my room either in restaurant.

• Indonesia

Good place to stay, not the typical hostel athmosphere, staff is not so nice, ebeything is really clean, not noisy at all, good beds, food is not so good.

• 5th Sep 2014

The place isn't as nice as was shown in the pictures online but was still very nice. The WIFI was down the entire time and I didn't get the impression that the staff cared much. I was there for 3 nights and it never got fixed. There were only 2 community computers constantly being used because of this since the 3rd computer was broken. I think given the circumstances guests should've been given a time limit on the computers. Overall the room I was in wasn't over crowded with was nice.

The internet wasn‘t working the whole time of our stay.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Austria

Very nice and clean place, I really feel comfortab confortable being my first time in London really Live it, only issue was the internet connection, when I stayed at the place never works

Great hostel

One of the prettiest hostels I've stayed in. There is also a restaurant as part of the pub downstairs, which is very convenient. I also liked the idea of having curtains around the individual beds for privacy. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Very clean, decent breakfast, the only problem was space and things always breaking down. One night my outlet didn't work, next the bathroom light, then the wifi, then the coffee machine. Getting the wifi back up did not seem like anyone's priority. Then the space: the 21 person room was not made to fit 21 people plus luggage. There was barely any room for bags in the back half of the room, and the top bunks are hard to maneuver if you are above 5 ft tall.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7