Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

The rooms are greatgreat, especially the privacy curtains on the beds. Staff are nice, but when I asked for a recommendationrecommendation on where to go out to see music in Camden (close by and popular area) they had nothing to offer. I also emailed ahead of time to ask if they had a kitchen for guest use (I have food allergies and need to be able to cook) and they saod yes. When I got there they had a toaster and microwave, no knives or anything. So upsetting false advertising.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving some feedback for us. We do have a limited guest kitchen due to a lack of space at the hostel, however as a result of this we do not advertise the kitchen online at all. However this should have been explained completely when you email, so I apologise that it wasn't made clear. Thanks again for the feedback. Tom

Overall good hostel. Lounge was nice and big with free coffee or tea. Wifi was nice. The bathroom and showers were nice and clean and had hot water. I stayed in the dorm with the most bunk beds to make it cheap, but going forward I won't do it again. The noise of the door from people going in and out is an annoyance. Not the fault of the hostel, just something I want to share with fellow travelers to be aware of when booking the biggest dorm for the cheapest price.

Everything's great, but the people slamming doors in the middle of the night ;) Wouldn't it be possible to find a mechanism to slow down the doors?

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Fantastic lounge, bar and restaurant- makes the hostel very homey.

Glad that you find out hostel homey. Thanks for the positive comments. Tom

Nice and cheap place. Very confortable beds and friendly staff .

Thanks for the positive comments, happy that you had a good stay with us. Tom

Really busy and happening atmosphere, staff were really nice and really cool to stay in such a cool building. Nothing to complain about!

It was a great stay. The staff was nice and the room was great.

• 23rd Mar 2015

The wifi is terrible. The only place you can get a strong signal is downstairs in the lounge.

Good atmosphere! People try to stay quiet in the rooms, only issue is that since there's so many people use the same bathrooms after a while they can get a little gross. :/ So shower early! Good deal though and beautiful hostel!

Dear guest, thanks for leaving the feedback, and good advice for other travellers. It's good that you enjoyed our hostel. Tom

I am absolutely delighted with this hostel!! 24h check in and chek out make it possible to come and go as your please or your flight schedule tells you to. The staff is lovely, very friendly and international...you'll find accents from all over the world. I stayed in a fourteen bed doorm and I have to say...for London conditions: it was the best hostel experience I've ver had. Yes, it is England, adjust your expectations. It was clean, save and perfect for the price.

• 23rd Mar 2015

The staff was great, very helpful and kind. Breakfast were amazing. Worth the 4,50 pounds. What we didnt like it was the lockers in the bedroom. There were only 4 big ones that fits the bags and other 4 under the beds that were really small and they were very old.

• 21st Mar 2015

Dear guest, thank you for the comments, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again, Tom

It is worth for going there! Very nice staff and free coffee and tea! The room was very little and in the basement so without a good sight but we didn't need it anyway. Breakfast was amazing! For just £4.50! You get coffee, juices, crosaints, fruits -literally everything! Shared toilets and showers are very clean.

• 21st Mar 2015

Very clean bathrooms! Nice atmosphere, can't complain! The room was a bit too warm but didn't mind that during a very cold weekend.

It was a great place for my group and I to leave our stuff while we went out and was a good place to sleep. We loved the location. The beds weren't the most comfortable, but we felt safe and enjoyed our time there. We're planning on booking there again when we go back to London!

Great hostel. Only ten minutes from Camden Town by bus and the underground will take you to central London in no time!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Staff was very unfriendly not helpful at all. Dorm rooms are set up terribly for late arrivals as you walk right in to the sleeping area. Couldn't fit suitcase into the locker below the bed, which didn't have a lock which wasn't clear online. Rooms did not look like what was posted on the website. Our key was very finicky and barely worked. The area to store luggage is not secure at all. Woke up at 7:30 because it was so loud.

The music from the bar could be heard in the dorms at night

It was too cold at night that I had to wear every clothes I had and get some tea. The shower system was automatic stop(30sec), so it was inconvenient. Also, kids kept making noises. Other than that, it was alright.

The area was really nice. I liked the old charm of the building. Not the most comfortable beds, but overall good value.

• 17th Mar 2015

The only negative thing I have to say is that the shared bathroom/Showeroom could have been more clean, but with multiple people sharing one restroom throughout the day, it's to be expected. Other than that this hostel was excellent! Will definitely stay again.

• 14th Mar 2015

Dear guest, thank you for your comments, we do understand that the bathroom can get busy however our housekeepers are very dedicated. Welcome back any time. Thanks, Tom