Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

We booked a deluxe double room and got a very tiny room (about 5 square meters) with a bunk bed.

• 27th Oct 2013

Need more wash/toilet facilities - walking down the corridor, across the landing and down the corridor was a pain.

It isn't the best hostel but it's good, the prices are probably high but it's London, it's close to the metro station but still, it's not very close to the main sites, you could say it's good for what you are paying for, but it has a lot to improve, they wanna charge you for everything, even to keep your big luggage in their "luggage room", while most of the hostels everywhere else, will never charge for that!

The rooms need more sockets to charge stuff. I had to go downstairs and find a spare socket in the lounge area at night and sit there until my mobile was charged. The numbers on some of the beds are worn, so it was hard to find my bed.

• 25th Oct 2013

Great little place. We'll be back! :)

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Denmark

I didn't like the lockers, the beds were very very clean in some toilets there were no sanitary deposits, and were the female

It was awesome. Quiet, but still possible to meet people to go out partying with. A nice peaceful place to come back to. It doesn't even matter that it isn't near the tourist areas because on the tube it's only 5 minutes. The fact that it's out of the tourist areas is an asset because those areas are crazy!

Good, helpful staff and they're willing to book tours for you. Computers were free which was a great plus. Easy to find, right down from the Underground.

This was the first time ever staying at a hostel, I was so impressed with everything that was available during my stay. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I will definitely be using Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage in the future when I fancy getting lost in Camden market! Many thanks for a great first experience.

• 24th Oct 2013

When I arrived, I had a really unedicated hostelworker, who did not tell me anything about the hostel (time for breakfast, where I can find common rooms, bar etc.), really bad mood. But the situation changed the day after, when I talked with another worker there, she was really nice and told me everything, that I had to know about the hostel.

• 24th Oct 2013

my purse was stolen in the toilet in the ground floor and the staff said they wouldn't watch the CCTV until two days later! How ridiculous!

• China

I really liked the hostel. It was very near to the underground station. Very clean and we had breakfast included. The only negative thing was the internet. Very bad connection. I couldn't use skype!

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • Argentina

The lift was broken when I stayed there. Luckily, that wasn't a problem for me but I could see others struggle with their luggage. The building itself was beautiful and the toilet facilities were extraordinarily clean. It was in a good location to getting around to other places in London and everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• 23rd Oct 2013

it wasn't clean, and the showers are very small. The building is very old.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Romania

My second time here and as I always arrive around 2 am after flying from Rome, the Palmers Lodge is a great place, staff helpful, beds comfortable and clean, and breakfast good too. I am 74 l travel and use alot of hostels, this one is special.

We loved that in our twin room we got fresh towels everyday. It was a real luxury. The lounge/common room was also wonderful. The lift wasn't working so it was a bit tricky with our suitcases but that was the only downside.

• 20th Oct 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, great location! Near tube and easy to get to and from. Stayed in a 12 bed dorm, but was so spacious!clean! You get your own curtain privacy and light, lots of power points to use and draws under neath bunks for security. Bathrooms were large lots of showers and toilets, all so clean!!! The hostel is in a beautiful old building. Staff were friendly. Free wifi. Free breaky. Bar and restaurants downstairs- good value. Luggage storage for free. Would definitely stay here!!

It is so so great. this hostel is the most satisfied hostel I lived in England. trafic is conveiente and stuff is helpful. everything is great. I have recommanded it to my friend who want to travel in London.

I was pleasantly surprised, this was my first hosteling experience

• 19th Oct 2013

As a British Citizen, legally, I do not have to provide photo ID to stay in a hotel. However it is the policy of Palmer's Lodge that one does so. I argued this point with the receptionist who kindly allowed us to stay without photo ID but put us in a fowl four bedded room to prove her power point.

• 19th Oct 2013