Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

This hostel has everything you could need, included breakfast, restaurant/bar, and lots of places to sit and hang out. It also had some of cleanest facilities i have seen at any hostel! A bit far from the center of the city, but that helps keep it quiet.

It was a very nice hostel, in that the rooms were atmospheric and the beds were comfortable. I was surprised at how well I slept given the size of the rooms. The shower and toilet rooms seemed small, but I never had a problem finding an available toilet. The security was good. The free breakfast was cereal, toast, and a croissant. The lockers were large and provided for everyone. It was a bit hard to walk into the city center but I managed, rather than pay for the underground. Waitrose nearby.

The reception staff has been quite uneven concerning friendliness and competence. Most were really nice and helpful, but some were extremely unfriendly and seemingly overchallengend (concerning both language skills and local knowledge).

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

A little expensive but good showers. Good privacy. My stay was more a business trip. There seemed to be a good few older people there so it suited me well. Near to the Tube. :) Always someone cleaning the bathroom. Staff seemed a little inexperienced and could do with more locals who are more precise with their information but friendly enough. The doors have key cards to get in and out of the rooms so you felt secure. Beds okay. Loved the curtains around it and the individual lamps.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • melbelsimp

So warm in the rooms, breakfast very poor.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

we enjoyed our stay apart from the room could have more ventilation. It was very hot at night.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Second time at Palmers Lodge because I knew it is well connected with stops on two tube lines within short walking distance, and it is a secure, clean hostel

I loved this hostel! Everything was great here! The people at the reception were so friendly and welcoming! The common area was a great place to meet other travelers! The beds were adequate and I loved how they each had curtains ensuring that you would have a peaceful (and private!) sleep in a dorm room!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Safe and clean place to stay, location is ok and breakfast is very good. I loved this hostel and the only reason I don't think it's perfect is because of the staff. Everyone was ok except for an asian girl with short hair in the mornings and afternoons at the reception. She was VERY rude and I was even scared of asking her any questions. Besides that, everything was perfect.

Excellent and beautiful hostel!! Good location on the tube line, staff were friendly, facilities were clean, bed was comfortable and already made. Breakfast could've had more options though. Highly recommend this hostel, especially if staying for more than a couple nights.

Definitely worth the money! There was a good atmosphere throughout upheld by both staff and customers.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Excellent place to stay at, very friendly and helpful staff, clean toilets & showers, 5 min walk from the train station which will take you right to the centre of city within 10 minutes. Atmosphere is good, people are happy to chat to you. Age group varies, predominantly young people 18-22, but also some middle aged travelers. I will definitely stay there again & recommend it to all of my friends!

We had a cracking time at Swiss Cottage: the 6-bed dorm we were in was clean and comfy and there was a fan in the room to combat the crazy heat outside! The staff were really helpful both on the phone and while we were there. Fab place to stay too; quiet residential area so you can get a proper night's sleep. Been twice now and will definitely be back! Thanks :)

한국인직원이 계셔서 좋았어요 스텝들 모두 친절^^

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Overall my stay was satisfactory. I would not choose to stay here again. The location is about 12mins on the tube from central. There is a supermarket 2 minutes walk from the hostel along with a few other shops and stuff. My first night sleep here was terrible. The rooms do not have air conditioning. Very stuffy and hot in the room I was in. Room 111. The mattress was uncomfortable. Second night I did not sleep much better. lack of kitchen = poor. toilets/showers = not enough.

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge! The staff was very helpful, the hostel is clean and I felt safe and pleasant staying there. I also appreciated the policy for keeping the noise down at certain times. Oh, and the breakfast was excellent! I would gladly come back there again, which I believe says something.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Serbia

I would not recommend this hostel - the wifi was very poor and the rooms extremely small. That being said, they do have lockers but the dorms are so tiny and crammed that it's next to impossible to get into them. It's not an overly social hostel and the front desk staff didn't know a ton about the city.

Very nice hostel! Nice staff and atmosphere. My only criticism was what it would have been nice with new sheets, it was very warm during my stay. Also during breakfast i got some moldy bread. Everything else was very good! Highly recommend it!

I read (in the bathroom at the hostel) that tea and coffee would be free but it wasn't. That's the only complaint I have.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Hello The free tea/coffee is above the paid machine in the lounge.

This was by far the worst hostel I've stayed at of the 13 others on my Eurotrip. The room was stuffy and the air circulation lacked. It was a sauna in the room full of a dozen people. The window was restricted to about 15 centimeters and no ventilation at all. My outlet didn't work next to my bed. Additionally, the staff was really rude as I had the hotel manager tell me that I'm not used to the heat and London is experiencing a heat wave. I am closer to the equator back home than here so no.