Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Fantastic hostel, I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends. Clean, quiet, comfortable rooms. Staff were really helpful and kind. Very close to Jubilee Tube line. Breakfast is good value for money. My whole experience overall was great.

• 5th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Great value for money. Nice facilities, good working Wi-Fi. Amazing breakfast - definitely a good choice.

Nice Hostel! Really beautiful place and the beds are comfortable. Definetly would stay again!

Best place to stay in London!

will be nice if the washing machine has hot water too

Staff here are always friendly and really helpful. They do their best to keep the place clean even if your fellow hostelians are determined to make things otherwise. My favourite place to stay!

• 4th May 2015

I like the this old building and love the fact that they have added curtains to each bed for privacy. It's on jubilee line which is pretty convenient to get any attractions want within 10-15 min

Nice hostel, quite large but because of the layout you don't feel overwhelmed by all the people there. The 4-bed girls room was clean and quiet, with good secure storage space (though you did have to close the drawers to let people in and out of the room). Enthusiastic staff! One thing to note if you're arriving later at night is that there is no food places open in the area after 10, so grab dinner before you arrive. The restaurants and grocery stores during the day are plentiful.

• 3rd May 2015

Staff was excellent and the four poster beds offered comfort and privacy.

• 3rd May 2015

Spacious, gorgeous old mansion with super comfortable beds, and easy access to both bus stops and metro. The staff are cheerful and always willing to help. Absolutely enjoyed my stay here. Will definitely stay here should I go back to London and recommend it to others who do go. Cheers!

• 2nd May 2015
  • India

Stayed for two nights, good hostel would stay again. Curtains around beds in the 12-bed dorms are cool. A friend mentioned putting a bench in the downstairs shower rooms would be handy to keep stuff from getting wet, but other than that facilities were decent.

On the arrival there were a misenderstood about the room : we were a family of 5 persons included 3 children, i had to book a bedroom of six places because there was no 5 available ; thinking that we would be 5 in the bedroom. In fact it was not a family room as i thought but a room mixt du to be completed by a sixth personn. Also very disapointed about the kitchen very small and poor Im using youth hostel and it 's the first time that there is no kitchen well at least it was clean,secure

• 1st May 2015

Staff doesn't clean beds properly and had even 'cleaned' the wrong peoples beds of people who hadn't checked out instead of people who had. Only has a microwave so can't cook your own food . It's not a bad hostel just not necessarily a good youth hostel

• South Africa

Used it for 14 women on a weekend away, while we were at a conference at Wembley. Worked really well for us. Hostel was clean, and well appointed. Made use of the bar each evening too which was very reasonably priced!

• 30th Apr 2015

We enjoyed our stay with you. We would have preferred our own bathroom but knew when we booked that we would have to share. It would be great to have a dry private place to get dressed after using the public showers. We appreciated the cleanliness and the safe environment.

• 30th Apr 2015

It was my first experience ever in a hostel, and as an older woman, it was quite daunting to begin with. But, I am delighted to report that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, the staff ever so helpful, everything neat and clean, the atmosphere totally cosmopolitan and interesting. Not to speak of the lovely Victorian building, the ceiling and chandelier in the lounge, the ornate wooden floor, the wide staircase leading up to my room. Not forgetting a cuppa tea ad lib!

• 30th Apr 2015

I always use Welsden green one, but this time, they were full booking, so I desided to stay Swiss cottage one. I feel very sad because they have not hand shower each floor. this is unconviniece!! Female need hand shower. please understand. and also hotel stuff is not friendly like welsden green one. always only one person manage at front section, this is take a long time to ask and check in. I was waiting for 30 minute when I checked in !!! so bad system .....

It was amazing to stay there. I recommend to everyone.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

its very good hostel. highly recommended. it would be more nice if the bathroom is separeted male and female.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the bathrooms issue as we actually do have one female only bathroom. Hope to see you again soon! :)

A nice little place with a tube station about 5 minutes away. There isn't much around the hostel, except some fast food places but it's safe and clean.