Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Just wish the breakfast was better .

• 17th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

nice place

Had a great stay loved little Angela in the bar

• 16th Apr 2014

I was really happy with Palmer's Lodge. Being in an old building, it has a great, classic ambience which is unique among hostels. The breakfast room was bright and airy and the croissants quite decent. The beds were comfortable and fully curtained. The only downside was that our floor only had one women's bathroom, with just two sinks, and it was down the hall. So sometimes you have to wait for a sink. The in-room storage was also a bit limited. Otherwise lovely!

• 16th Apr 2014

Had a private twin room, very good, great view. Swiss cottage tube station was closed, but there is another one fairly close too. Easy to get to central London. Not that many toilets on the floor, but it was alright. Breakfast very basic, but good

• Denmark

nice setting of the bed and beautiful england style

I had only great experiences in this hostel, it was clean I felt safe, they had lockers for your stuff and the building is gorgeous. I would dei steely reccomended this place, it's worth the few extra bucks if your like me and hate staying in the average hostel. the only complaint I have is that the wifi was quite dodgy while in my room. It works great in the common area but sometimes I needed to get away and surf the net in my room.

• 16th Apr 2014

Really liked this hostel, was my favourite one of my trip so far.

This place was great to stay in, friendly, helpful staff, facilities cleaned frequently - the only downside attempting to time a shower in between the facilities being closed for cleaning (not a huge one for me as I'd prefer to shower in a clean bathroom!) and the bed was fairly comfortable. Definitely value for money!

It was very convenient located even though it was a little far. The trains and buses were at the corner and the commute from and to the airport was easy. Thank you

• 14th Apr 2014

This place is much better than other hostels, that I've seen or stayed in London. I enjoyed to stay there and highly recomend it.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Excellent place with a special atmosphere!!

Really nice place to stay if I'm ever in London again that's where I'd stay

Hi ! Thanks for your feedback - We are glad to hear you had a great experience here at Palmers Lodge. Please come back soon!

Sadly Palmers (swiss cottage) is not the same as it was when we visited a few yrs back.. for example, the bar has been moved and has lost its vibe. Staff are friendly but no where as friendly as previous staff. We met people from all of the world in a great atmosphere last time. This time no one spoke to anyone....! Cramped and felt rushed too for the lack of seating at breakfast time. Overall could have been worse, but I think we'll seek alternate accom next time.

I loved my stay! I will be recommending this place to any friends that travel to the UK

this Hostel was great. it is very big but still they manage it to keep it very clean. the next Substation is only 5 minutes away and you will be in the Center of London in less than 15 minutes. Camden is very close too (. 30 Minute walk). i really enjoyed staying in this Hostel.one think i didnt like that much is that they dont have a Kitchen were you can cook your own food at ( only one microwave)

The place was very clean and the private room we rented had everything we needed for our one night we spent in London. One thing I was a bit annoyed about is that the hostel didn't have a charger to borrow. We had a charger for southern Europe, but not London. I wish there was a charger to borrow for 40 mins at reception instead of forcing people to buy it. Overall, good experience, but a bit pricey.

• 11th Apr 2014

We stayed there for 3 day.v ery friendly and helpful receptioners, good croissants, cheap food at the restaurant of the hotel.A 2 minute tube ride from the centre and 5 min walk from the hotel to the bus station for the aeroports I recommend it to everybody who wants a budget trip to London Olga

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Romania

Dear guest, Thanks for the lovely review!! Please come back soon!

If you stay at a weekend be aware that people will be coming back from a night out and even when trying to, won't be as quiet as when sober and on a normal day. I have stayed before midweek and enjoyed it - this time at a weekend over two different rooms I hardly slept at all, and gave up to stay elsewhere on the third night.

This is my first time in Europe and my first time ever staying in a hostel. I was nervous at first but truly enjoyed my stay here. I stayed in the 12 bedroom female dorm. It was small but cozy... the bunks had privacy curtains which I thought was a great feature to keep out unwanted light. Also inside the bunk was and outlet, a light and a small cubby/shelf, this was so convenient. I was able to have a little room inside a room. I could shut the curtain and have everything I need next to me.

• 9th Apr 2014