Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

More showers would be great.

• 5th Feb 2015

My friends and I stayed here for four nights and on multiple occasions there were people in our beds because the hostel double booked the beds making us move from room to room. After all of this there was no effort made by the staff to right their wrongs after we all explicitly stated how upset we were. The hostel itself is beautiful and in a lovely location. It was clean for the most part, but when we first checked in two out of four of our beds were still dirty from past stays.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are always looking to improve our service, and your comments are useful for this. We are changing the way we perform our daily hostel checks to ensure that the correct beds should always be free for those arriving. However I apologise for the fact that this wasn't in effect for you and your friends. thanks again for your comments. Tom

My stay was nice and pleasant. Noelia in reception was very kind and helpful. The facilities are vey good and the level of cleanliness excellent. The breakfast team are very nice and welcoming. I would most definitely recommend Palmers Lodge as a fine place to stay! Thank you!

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed yourself here. It is also nice to hear that you will recommend us to other travellers. Thanks again, Tom

Great hostel in terms of facilities, location etc. but it has a weird vibe - the place was full but no one talked to each other. Not a good place for solo travellers wanting to make friends to explore London, but great if you want a quiet hostel

Almost everything good in this hostel The only regrets: the kitchen for guest too small and , the last time I was there, with just one microwaves In some dorm there are few plugs

• 3rd Feb 2015

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I understand that the self-catering facilities are limited at our hostel. However due to the nature of the building it is difficult for us to make space for a larger one. If your bed doesn't have a plug then you can go to reception where we can provide extension cables. Thanks again. Tom

I've had a lovely time at the Palmers Lodge Hostel, and would stay there again any time. Staff is friendly the house is charming and you get free tea and coffee too :)

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

The beds were rather crowded, being triple bunks; the room was also small, and the lockers couldn't fit hard shell suitcases so they made it even smaller.

I really liked my stay in Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage! It has made a fantastic experience my first time in London.

• 2nd Feb 2015

The hostel was lovely and staff were helpful; however, for the price it would have been nice to have a basic breakfast included. Unfortunately, during my stay there was a significant noise disturbance one night at 1 a.m. caused by other guests who thought it appropriate and funny to shout and bang on other guest's doors to try and wake them up. I realise the hostel can only do so much to moderate these situatuions, but quite disappointing for what is advertised as a boutique hostel.

• 31st Jan 2015

It was always loud in our room (12 people). Some guys just came at 3 a.m. and turned on the light - my bed had no cover above so the light was over my head. Horrible. But that was nearly the only bad thing.

• 31st Jan 2015

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE EMPLOYEES AND WOULD RECOMMEND MY FRIENDS TO STAY HERE IF THEY EVER VISIT LONDON.

the best hotel that I've never seen

• 28th Jan 2015

I wouldn't recommend this hostel. They gave me a bed number and later gave the same number to another girl while I wasn't there, so she just took all my stuff from there and basically I had no bed when I went back at night. It was expensive (for a 21 beds room) and the staff seemed disorganized.

Arrive at Palmers Lodge and got told the guy at the desk couldn't serve me as he was cashing up - he assured me his colleague would be back in 5 minutes to open the other desk (it is meant to be a 24 hour check in). I waited 8 minutes and in this time the other guy came in, logged on to the desk where I was waiting and walked off again. I finally got served after waiting for ten minutes which would have disappointing at any time of day, let alone so late at night when I just wanted to get to bed

Disappointing to find the previously free breakfast now costs an additional £4.95 and that if your plans change there is no cancellation policy and you cannot get your money back for nights you'd planned to stay there but then could not. (Although I was fortunate that the manage made an exception for me and refunded me the night I could not stay).

• 27th Jan 2015

This is probably one of the best hostels of London! The staff is also amazing! Really loved staying there.

• 23rd Jan 2015

The hostel is very well located and the building itself is amazing! However the bathrooms are a little bit messy and the shower uses the terrible push system!

Other than having a very inconsiderate roommate (which is unrelated to the quality of the hostel), we enjoyed our stay at the Palmers Lodge. It was a very convenient location as we flew into London Luden and the 757 Train dropped us off right down the road from the hostel. We were told there was free coffee and tea, but the outlet wasn´t working while we were there. Wifi was not great in the rooms but was okay in the lounge.

Very good and lovely hostel, the best so far!

This is not a hostel for mature travellers. I stayed here for 10 nights and would never stay here again. The staff are lovely but that's all that can be said for it. - the 12-bunk rooms are too small to accommodation everyone's luggage; - there is no kitchen, just a very small room with microwaves, kettle, toaster that gets very overcrowded; - the wifi doesn't work when the hostel is very full; - there is not enough common space; - there are long wait times at reception when the hostel is busy.