Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

The only negative thing I have to say is that the shared bathroom/Showeroom could have been more clean, but with multiple people sharing one restroom throughout the day, it's to be expected. Other than that this hostel was excellent! Will definitely stay again.

• 14th Mar 2015

Dear guest, thank you for your comments, we do understand that the bathroom can get busy however our housekeepers are very dedicated. Welcome back any time. Thanks, Tom

Bathroom not very convenient. The hostel and the hall particularly was beautiful.

dear guest, thank you for your feedback. We understand that the bathrooms can get busy at peak times. We recommend to try to avoid these times, or look for bathroom nearby. Thanks, Tom

Palmer's Lodge was the first hostel I've ever stayed in, and it was a pleasure. Every staff member I encountered was cheerful, helpful, and fun. Met some really awesome people, and the place was extremely clean. I was very happy with my experience.

• 11th Mar 2015

Dear guest, we are very happy to give you a positive experience on your first stay in a hostel!! Feel free to come back anytime. Tom

I would happily stay at this hostel again. It is in a nice location at Swiss Cottage and offered everything you would need from a hostel. Clean, secure, friendly staff.

I had a good nights stay and would definatly recommend it to friends and family.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for the recommend, come back and stay again anytime! Tom

Griffin at the downstairs bar was really friendly and played top notch sounds

Thanks for the feedback, your comment will be passed to Griff :) Glad you enjoyed the sounds. Tom

The 12 bed female dorm on the 1st floor was really cramped, there is nowhere to put suitcasesand it was so overpriced. It's only suitable if you are travelling with a very small bag. The 21 bed female dorm in the attic was far superior, with mostly single beds, plenty of space and surprisingly quiet at night. Cleanliness is excellent except they don't change the duvet covers between guests.The kitchen didn't have plates or anything. A fully-equipped self-catering kitchen would be much better.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. If you wish to contact us ahead of your stay then you can request which room you would like to stay in. The cutlery and the plates etc are stored in the bar which is open all day for you to use. Thanks again for your comments. Tom

The place was awesome. Merry so many awesome people including all the staff. Mauro and liis are the best! Have Cody show you around and you're guaranteed a good time. showers sucked though. Some were better than others.

Dear guest, thank you for taking time to leave feedback. Glad that you enjoyed yourself here. We are in the process of upgrading the showers, perhaps why some are better than others. Thanks again for the comments, Tom

I like the curtain which makes every bed private, but sockets are few and they are only behind certain beds, which is not convenient at all.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

All the facilities were very nice, clean and welcoming. A great place to relax and settle into London a bit if you already have some friends and things to do around the city. Unfortunately the atmosphere is a bit stale due to long term guests hanging around in their own groups and job seekers everywhere so not the best hostel for meeting new people. Perhaps this changes during summer time. Overall really happy with my stay, would definitely return.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole. Actually the atmosphere in the hostel does develop over time, we have introduced a policy restricting longer stays, which we hope will keep the atmosphere fresh. Anyway, thank you again for your comments. Tom

Overall this was a good hostel. The beds are curtained, but mine was missing one. There were no other available beds, so I was glad to have brought a blanket, which I draped over the uncovered end, else I would have been very exposed. There were no obvious places for girls to get ready for the day, such as mirrors and counters for stuff. The bathroom would benefit from more shelving and mirrors. It was super crowded getting ready at peak times.

• 4th Mar 2015

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us some feedback. Apologies about the missing shower. We look to fix issues like this as soon as we are aware of them. We understand about the peak times with the bathrooms, however due to the nature of the building it is not easy to arrange major works to change it. We are always looking to improve and I will certainly be looking to arrange more mirrors and shelves. again thanks for your comments. Tom

Very good frame and personnal, everyone would like this hostel, it's not expensive at all with a very correct quality. The only problem was that I didn't like to put one pound at the snooker and after that the personnal said to me that they hadn't any cues to play. I had to play with some kind of big spoons. Please, buy some cues or at least, prevent the clients on the snooker before they pay for it.

• 4th Mar 2015

Hi there, We are really sorry to hear about that. We do have spare cues actually and in case of not having we should have refunded your money. We are going to investigate further about this as it is not correct how your issue was handled. We apologize again for the inconvenience caused. Kind regards

I really didn't think this hostel lived up to the raving reviews others gave. The location of the hostel is pretty good being close to the Swiss Cottage tube station, but that was about the only good thing. The staff didn't have good suggestions of things to do and were unhelpful when I was trying to figure out how to get to the airport. Overpriced breakfast. Toilets and shower were fairly clean, but no where to hang your stuff in the shower so everything gets wet. Not great.

Dear guest, I'm sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. We do try to offer a wide range of things to do however sometimes peoples tastes are not the same. Every communal shower has hooks on the door. We offer a buffet breakfast where you can help yourself to croissant, pain aux chocolate, muffins, toast with ham and cheese, as well as boiled egg. This with tea and coffee and fruit juices, all available for just £4.50. I hope if you come again you would not be dissappointed.

This was a clean, well run hostel with helpful staff. The tube station was only a 2 minute walk away, and the bus stop was even closer. The wifi reception was very poor in the room, but good in the lounge. The lounge was very nice, with coffee, tea, and plenty of comfortable seating and outlets. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast (which was not included and costs 4.50) was very good. My biggest complaint is that the room was very noisy at night with music from the bar. Bring earplugs.

Dear guest, thanks for the comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The rooms in the basement can get a little louder than the uptsairs, however next time you book could email us directly and reserve a quieter upstairs room. Regards, Tom

I was wondering how come i did not know it before. But it was great experience.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Glad you had a great time with us. Drop in again anytime you come through London. Thanks Tom

Cutest hostel! Very treehouse like in my mind. I ran into a rude staff member when I first checked in but after that everyone was awesome!!!!! The bar downstairs has great food! I really enjoyed My Stay here!

This place is so great..I cant get over it..amazing..value for y..most my friends cant believe it..

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Sri Lanka

Thanks for the great review! Glad you enjoyed yourself with us! Come back anytime. Tom

The atmosphere was a bit heavy due to some people (clients) and their dressing way, posture and behaviour. The staff was a bit distracted with money issues. Thank you

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

First time travelling to London from Asia. This place is great for budget traveller, bag packer, or solo traveller. Booking early can get a cheaper price. I think the breakfast is great! But the 10 dorms room was small for me. And there's not much space in between the two beds to pull out the locker which is beneath the bed.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

The breakfast is not interesting at all, and costs 4.50 pounds now. Too bad.

• 27th Feb 2015