Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Two ladies over sixty this was the ideal place to stay Handy to bus and tube high standard of cleanliness and very helpful staff

Kitchen could be more well equipped. Otherwise amazing stay! Perfect.

• 10th Aug 2014

IT WAS A VERY PEACEFUL AND RELAXING PLACE, WITH OUTSTANDING FACILITIES AND A VERY FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT. PEOPLE FROM THE RECEPTION AND THE RESTAURANT WHERE SO ATTENTIVE AND HELPFUL, I WUOLD DEFINITELY GO AGAIN!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

This hostel was amazing. The building was old and beautiful (and VERY full of history! I asked the front desk about it and they happily printed out a paper full of information for me). The dorms have many people to a room, but people were so respectful and quiet that you'd never know. Each bed felt like a cool bunk on a ship. They had little blackout curtains, individual lights and rolling bins for your things. The bathrooms were very clean and there were plenty of them.

I booked "Standard 12 Bed Female Dorm Ensuite" for one night, but the bed i got was in "Standard 12 Bed Mix Dorm". I arrived late and was tired, so I went to bed without knowing it. Overall, the Hostel was good, but I am not happy that the bed wasn't what I booked in advance.

Great stay, as always :)

Nice, especially when you have some privacy, like curtains, lamp. But guys, fix the doors in the rooms, they closing sooo nosy.

I stay at the Palmer Lodge almost every time I am in London and I look forward to my next visit..

• 5th Aug 2014

Everything was better than we expected. Overall it deserve excellent mark, but cleanliness was way better than in some other hostels I visited. Staff is in general helpful and professional. I highly recommend this hostel.

We liked it a lot. I've already recommended the place to my friends.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Loved it!

• 3rd Aug 2014

We had a great stay at Palmer's Lodge Swiss Cottage! The hostel offers a fantastic accommodation for fairly decent prices. We stayed in a 12-bed mixed bedroom and people were overall very respectful of the other guests' sleep. The bathrooms were cleaned several times daily. We definitely liked hanging out in the lounge. Breakfast was included and the restaurant even had a veranda. The location is quite convenient, with the underground stop "Swiss Cottage" nearby as well as many bus stops

I like the fact that they have curtains around each individual bed, for privacy. Although this can also be kind of isolating, and can prevent you from talking to the other guests in the room, i'd still prefer to have this option.

my clothes got stolen they didn't steal other thing but clothes, strange enough. i had nothing to do but rent a closet

It was a great hostel, really super

• 28th Jul 2014

First off, the person who checked me in did something funky. She ended up booking and charging me for a 3 nights stay when I had only needed 2. She also would not refund me the extra nights stay. Staff was kinda mean. For instance, the girl who worked at the bar was very rude to everyone. You could tell she was annoyed that people were at the bar. The building itself is really pretty. I wish the hostel itself made the environment more social by encouraging activities between guests though.

The hostel was just fine. We stayed in a private twin room, which was very clean and had everything we needed. The only issue was that there was very little air flow, so the room was very hot all night. This is not the hostel's fault, but if it is hot, a room on the ground floor may be a better choice :)

This hostel has everything you could need, included breakfast, restaurant/bar, and lots of places to sit and hang out. It also had some of cleanest facilities i have seen at any hostel! A bit far from the center of the city, but that helps keep it quiet.

It was a very nice hostel, in that the rooms were atmospheric and the beds were comfortable. I was surprised at how well I slept given the size of the rooms. The shower and toilet rooms seemed small, but I never had a problem finding an available toilet. The security was good. The free breakfast was cereal, toast, and a croissant. The lockers were large and provided for everyone. It was a bit hard to walk into the city center but I managed, rather than pay for the underground. Waitrose nearby.

The reception staff has been quite uneven concerning friendliness and competence. Most were really nice and helpful, but some were extremely unfriendly and seemingly overchallengend (concerning both language skills and local knowledge).

• 26th Jul 2014