Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Great staff!!

The hostel was overall nice. The internet worked well and the place was clean. The rooms are a little bit crowded as the bunkbeds are three high and the hallway between the beds is a little narrow, also the under bed locker is too narrow even for a small carry-on sized suitcase. The hostel is a little bit out of the center of the city but near the tube stop and the way from the tube stop to the hostel is well-lit. The breakfast was a standard continental breakfast.

I think this is a great hostel, cleanest place I've ever stayed and very friendly. Staff were as helpfull as possible, the Bar was reaosonably priced and made making friends very easy. I also really appreciated the curtains on the beds, made a big difference in terms of privacy and comfort. I have already booked my next stay in London and me and my friends shall be returning to this hostel. That is how good an impression it made.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Wales

We really liked our experience on the hostel - nice room, the environment of a old place but with modern and clean facilities, and good restaurant. we stayed in a private ensuite, and it was a little difficult do handle having a shower without a flood on the room, but i guess we cant expect much more of the price and the conditions. It was a good experience for our first time in London.

The location is a bit far from attractions. The shower makes you push the button to keep it on every thirty seconds, which I was not fond of. I was disappointed at how different the hostel looks in the photos compared to real life and I felt like it wasn't as nice. I was also disappointed because of how much we had to pay to stay there.

The atmosphere was very still and at times ghostly, if it's your fist time in London a want to meet people this may not be the place for you. It's a nice quite place, with a not so busy bar.. Food is good and the overall feel of the place is warm and nice.. But not greate lol

• 17th Apr 2014

Just wish the breakfast was better .

• 17th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

nice place

Had a great stay loved little Angela in the bar

• 16th Apr 2014

I was really happy with Palmer's Lodge. Being in an old building, it has a great, classic ambience which is unique among hostels. The breakfast room was bright and airy and the croissants quite decent. The beds were comfortable and fully curtained. The only downside was that our floor only had one women's bathroom, with just two sinks, and it was down the hall. So sometimes you have to wait for a sink. The in-room storage was also a bit limited. Otherwise lovely!

• 16th Apr 2014

Had a private twin room, very good, great view. Swiss cottage tube station was closed, but there is another one fairly close too. Easy to get to central London. Not that many toilets on the floor, but it was alright. Breakfast very basic, but good

• Denmark

nice setting of the bed and beautiful england style

I had only great experiences in this hostel, it was clean I felt safe, they had lockers for your stuff and the building is gorgeous. I would dei steely reccomended this place, it's worth the few extra bucks if your like me and hate staying in the average hostel. the only complaint I have is that the wifi was quite dodgy while in my room. It works great in the common area but sometimes I needed to get away and surf the net in my room.

• 16th Apr 2014

Really liked this hostel, was my favourite one of my trip so far.

This place was great to stay in, friendly, helpful staff, facilities cleaned frequently - the only downside attempting to time a shower in between the facilities being closed for cleaning (not a huge one for me as I'd prefer to shower in a clean bathroom!) and the bed was fairly comfortable. Definitely value for money!

It was very convenient located even though it was a little far. The trains and buses were at the corner and the commute from and to the airport was easy. Thank you

• 14th Apr 2014

This place is much better than other hostels, that I've seen or stayed in London. I enjoyed to stay there and highly recomend it.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Excellent place with a special atmosphere!!

Really nice place to stay if I'm ever in London again that's where I'd stay

Hi ! Thanks for your feedback - We are glad to hear you had a great experience here at Palmers Lodge. Please come back soon!

Sadly Palmers (swiss cottage) is not the same as it was when we visited a few yrs back.. for example, the bar has been moved and has lost its vibe. Staff are friendly but no where as friendly as previous staff. We met people from all of the world in a great atmosphere last time. This time no one spoke to anyone....! Cramped and felt rushed too for the lack of seating at breakfast time. Overall could have been worse, but I think we'll seek alternate accom next time.