Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

The location is near the Swiss Cottage Underground.They serve a free breakfast which I liked. The staff was not friendly and this made me glad I was switching hostels halfway through my trip. I had to wait in line to brush my teeth and go the the bathroom. If you decide to book a room I would recommend booking a room with a bathroom in the room to avoid this situation.

Palmers Lodge was fantastic. I would definitely stay there again. My friend and I had a great experience and enjoyed our stay.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I was in a mixed dorm... two nights I was the only girl in a room full of men. Not a very good feeling. Couldn't sleep for three nights in a row due to snoring... when I left I slept till NOON because I was so exhausted. Also, my camera bag "disappeared" while staying here... just wasn't the best experience for a hostel. The decor is beautiful, it's artsy and interesting... but I feel like they forgot to be NICE to guests!

• 21st Mar 2014

We had an ensuite, which was okay but very small. The staff didn't seem very familiar with the local area, which we found out, by asking were there where a breakfast restaurent. The receptionist knew one, but it was closed on sundays. Afterwords we found one ourselves, 200 m from the hostel...! They were also more found of speaking spanish with eachother, so i almost felt i had gone to madrid and not london. Breakfast was very boring, as for why we wanted to find a breakfast place.

I have stayed here before and it was just as good this time. The breakfast is great and the rooms are clean and comfortable. It's a good sized locker in the room which was useful. It would be nice to have some hooks and a mirror in the rooms but otherwise all good.

Palmers at Swiss Cottage was a great place to stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really good. The facility was all very clean. I was traveling alone and felt safe the whole time I was there. There are also a lot of good places to eat nearby. There are several bus lines and the Tube station Swiss Cottage are all within a short 5 minute walk and will take you anywhere you need or want to go. I would stay here again.

Really cool hostel, the beds are a bit small though.

very nice hostel

• 15th Mar 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend - in fact I already have!

• 15th Mar 2014

I will never forget my stay at Palmers Lodge. It was the best hostel I've stayed at. The staff were fantastic, the facility itself is just mind-blowing and it was a great place to meet people. During my stay I fell pretty ill from food poisoning and in a desperate attempt to try and find help, Eduardin, at reception, went completely out of his way to make sure I was okay. I wouldn't expect this treatment at most hostels, I felt extremely lucky. Thank you so much for having me!

This was a very good accommodation for the price. I was impressed with the organization of the hostel and the open helpfulness of the staff. I would stay there again and again.

• 14th Mar 2014

Still working on guest kitchen. Will probably not return.

Your staff was good at accommodating me during my stay. A few in my group ran into not quite as professional encounters with staff, but they were all fairly young so hopefully they'll take better care in the future. I did miss the guest kitchen that was just starting to be worked on when I left. We thought it would be completed before we arrived.

Close to underground (zone 2). staff very nice! Breakfast was good and the place is very pretty.

Things Fall Apart, says the title of Chinua Achebe's best-known novel. So, apparently, does Palmer's Lodge. Deterioration since I last stayed there a few months ago stunned me. I brought a group of 14 based on previous experience there. Wrong move. The staff was inefficient and sometimes rude. Lights and electricity points at bedside did not work -- and were not fixed despite pleading. And the place was in chaos because of renovation. I was promised a guest kitchen would be installed, It wasn't.

Pros: -nice beds, curtains on beds -clean bathrooms Cons: -not greatest location -small, awkward lockers

Hostel is located a little bit far from the center. However, subway station is nearby. The staff is ok, they get the job done. Bathrooms are very new and clean. Rooms are a little bit on the old side. The room I was in felt a little bit stuffy. (And that was in march! can't imagine how hot it can get during the summer....). All in all, good value for the money, but I feel you can find more centrally located hostels in london

A hot chocolate would be great at breakfast...

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Austria

Rooms are a bit small, as are the beds. It was a bit tight for a 1.80 girl like me. Breakfast was really good, staff very friendly and a great location near city centre

I go to London twice a year or so, for a day or two or three. Till a year ago I always went to a hotel for €60,- a night. I found that Palmers Lodge, at €17,50 a night, provides me with all I need: A place to sleep, a shower and a breakfast. Add to that the good location, 2 minutes from a tube station and the pleasant atmosphere and it's clear whyl I'll be back!

• 5th Mar 2014