Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Your staff was good at accommodating me during my stay. A few in my group ran into not quite as professional encounters with staff, but they were all fairly young so hopefully they'll take better care in the future. I did miss the guest kitchen that was just starting to be worked on when I left. We thought it would be completed before we arrived.

Close to underground (zone 2). staff very nice! Breakfast was good and the place is very pretty.

Things Fall Apart, says the title of Chinua Achebe's best-known novel. So, apparently, does Palmer's Lodge. Deterioration since I last stayed there a few months ago stunned me. I brought a group of 14 based on previous experience there. Wrong move. The staff was inefficient and sometimes rude. Lights and electricity points at bedside did not work -- and were not fixed despite pleading. And the place was in chaos because of renovation. I was promised a guest kitchen would be installed, It wasn't.

Pros: -nice beds, curtains on beds -clean bathrooms Cons: -not greatest location -small, awkward lockers

Hostel is located a little bit far from the center. However, subway station is nearby. The staff is ok, they get the job done. Bathrooms are very new and clean. Rooms are a little bit on the old side. The room I was in felt a little bit stuffy. (And that was in march! can't imagine how hot it can get during the summer....). All in all, good value for the money, but I feel you can find more centrally located hostels in london

A hot chocolate would be great at breakfast...

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Austria

Rooms are a bit small, as are the beds. It was a bit tight for a 1.80 girl like me. Breakfast was really good, staff very friendly and a great location near city centre

I go to London twice a year or so, for a day or two or three. Till a year ago I always went to a hotel for €60,- a night. I found that Palmers Lodge, at €17,50 a night, provides me with all I need: A place to sleep, a shower and a breakfast. Add to that the good location, 2 minutes from a tube station and the pleasant atmosphere and it's clear whyl I'll be back!

• 5th Mar 2014

Wonderful building, staff. Great value. Not too far from center of London. Breakfast prompt with good hours-limited selection. Very clean. Would visit again :)

• 5th Mar 2014

positives: loads of privacy, comfy beds, curtains, free wifi, coffee machine, close to swiss cottage station, easy to get to from the airport negatives: atmosphere is always lacking in this place. big groups suck, showers are annoying, no kitchen you can cook in just a fridge. Great for people who want to sleep!! i always pass by when i'm in transit but would never come to meet people and be social

Staff were very helpful. Loved the coffee/tea all day. Kitchen services were poor (microwave and toaster…no way to cook).

It was very nice. The breakfast is excellent !

Nice old ex-mansion in a good location.Good value for the money in this part of London easy to acess via public transport. My main disappointment was the breakfast.I know it's budget but an offering of something hot(even at cost)would have been a nice option. But on the whole you can't complain at the cost in this area of London. I did like the sitting/reading area nice atmosphere. Thank you.

• 1st Mar 2014

I had a great stay at Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage. The staff was very friendly, the atmosphere was very cosy and with great shared facilities.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

They are ALWAYS cleaning the bathrooms. Which is such a nice treat for hostels. You never have to worry about getting into a shower that's filled with hair and grime from the last 8 people. Please keep this great work up. Staff is always very friendly and helpful. The only downside is it's. Bit far from Central London. But way better than other hostels in London. Near two tube lines and great bus service makes it easy to get around.

8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next » last »