Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

The hostel and bathroom were spotless and the dorm room was also clean. The man at the front desk who works in the afternoon was so helpful and very nice. Overall, kitchen facilities are a bit lacking and the dorm rooms are expensive but that's London. Would stay here again.

Security on the door seems very relaxed and might be a good idea for people to show their door cards or something. When I arrived the lower bunk was being guarded by two policemen and was a crime scene...as something had happened on that bunk which sounded somewhat sinister. I was told I could sleep in the top bunk just not to touch anything by the police. While I know this is extremely rare, might have been nice to be put in a different bunk for the night?!

The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I also liked a lot that there were curtains and a reading lamp. The one thing that I really disliked was that there was only one female-only bathroom in the entire hostel. When closed for cleaning (for 30 minutes in the morning, I couldn't wait) I was forced to use a co-ed bathroom which I'm not used to and made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

• Chile

I completely loved this place, not only the atmosphere is great but the place is beautiful, felt like I was on a castle. The staff is really helpful and give you cool insight about what places to go. And is think is genious that they have a bar! Totally coming back!

• Mexico

Lovely hostel. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Complimentary breakfast and free wifi were great. Bathrooms very clean, and staff were friendly and helpful. My main criticisms are that the luggage storage isn't especially secure -- all the luggage sits in the same room unattended and it would be quite easy for someone to take something out of someone else's luggage. Also, in my room, the locker accompanying my bed was quite small, making it hard to store very much.

• 4th May 2014

I loved staying in the hostel. This year is my second stay in the hostel. I will stay in the hostel if I am in London. I will recommend my friends who visit London to stay in Palmer's Lodge Swiss Cottage.

Loved that the beds had curtains for an extra bit of privacy. Didn't spend much time here but the staff were lovely and the house itself is gorgeous.

A bit far from the action. Getting back after midnight is an issue when trains stop.

We've stayed with a group of our Danceschool and booked 3 whole rooms which were very nice and clean. Location is a big plus as 2 Tubestation a really nearby as well as several shops for your daily needs. Recommendable stay for sure !

• 2nd May 2014

Loved the general feel of the place, surely feels like an old Victorian house. Wooden flooring, curtained bunk beds with reading light was quite nice! Sucks that the bar downstairs closes at 11 - too early! They didn't let me use the kitchen though so that was a bummer. The location is residential so not much of a nightlife but the nearby tubes connect well to central london. Nice quite place - would surely stay again!

Despite a little problem with an impolite member of the staff (The problem was quickly solved by the manager), it's one of the best hostels i've ever stayed.

• 27th Apr 2014

I spent one night at this hostel in a female four beds room and really enjoyed my time there, be it for the cleanliness of both the bathroom and the bedroom, the security facilities, the efficient and nice staff members, the living room where you can meet people or all the practical informations about London available for free. Actually, I never expected a hostel to offer such quality services! I'd just mention this to vegan people, don't forget to bring your soy milk if needed, for breakfast.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Very nice hostel. The female bedroom with 21 beds I didn´t like though. Too dark and people were very noise.

This hostel was great!! The common room was nice, internet was good, and it was so clean :). We were in an 18 people dorm and it worked perfectly. Highly recommend

Great place to stay. Very clean washrooms with hot showers. Comfy beds with privacy curtains were great. Easy to get around once you explore the area. Staff were quite helpful.

Excellent hostel to stay in!

• 24th Apr 2014