Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

I stayed just one night. For the most part, it was fine. The bartender downstairs was rude and forgot about my food. It was like they assumed we all knew how this hostel worked. Breakfast was better than most other hostels and free! My room smelled like fried food, but I did like the curtain on each bed and the locker underneath to lock things in it. Plus, the bar was a perfect place to eat and rink for cheap!

Think that Palmers Lodge Swiss Cottage is one of the best hostels i've stayed in.

• 27th Jun 2014

If you are looking for a place to meet people and have a "hostel" experience- this is definitely not the place

Hi there, We are sorry to hear that you didn't have the experience you were looking for with us but we are surprised to find that you left us such low ratings in categories like Location, Facilities, Staff or Security. For example, we find hard to believe that a place that is located only 10 minutes away from the city centre by Underground should deserve the lowest possible rating in that category. We hope you can come back to visit us again and have a much better stay this time.

great stay! I loved this place. Very quiet, but a nice bar downstairs. The bathrooms are spacious and clean. I thought it was rather warm in the rooms at night and it was frustrating to get into London when the metro line shut down on the weekend, but I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Good all round . good value

• 26th Jun 2014

The hostel had a great atmosphere and there is always a lot going. The lady that was working at the front desk when I arrived was extremely rude and the "continental breakfast" is toast and a croissant. The room was great and activity was nice but for me I really think that the people working at a hostel make it a good experience or not.. I think it was a great deal to stay here but honestly you make your trip what you want it and the hostel is just a place to stay.

• 26th Jun 2014

My bro and I stayed in a 12 person mixed room. It was very clean and had plenty of space. There are curtains for every bed and they block out all light which was very nice. Each bed has a light and two wall plugs- an added bonus if you're trying to do some late night planning and don't want to disturb the other guests. The showers were nice- very warm, but you had to press a button to keep them on every 15 seconds as they ran on a timer to save water. Wasn't a problem tho. Rooms were a bit hot.

Best hostel ever!!!!

Great job - keep it up!

• 25th Jun 2014

Great all round hostel, where you can find peace and quiet or a place to drink.

9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next » last »