Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

A bit far from the action. Getting back after midnight is an issue when trains stop.

We've stayed with a group of our Danceschool and booked 3 whole rooms which were very nice and clean. Location is a big plus as 2 Tubestation a really nearby as well as several shops for your daily needs. Recommendable stay for sure !

• 2nd May 2014

Loved the general feel of the place, surely feels like an old Victorian house. Wooden flooring, curtained bunk beds with reading light was quite nice! Sucks that the bar downstairs closes at 11 - too early! They didn't let me use the kitchen though so that was a bummer. The location is residential so not much of a nightlife but the nearby tubes connect well to central london. Nice quite place - would surely stay again!

Despite a little problem with an impolite member of the staff (The problem was quickly solved by the manager), it's one of the best hostels i've ever stayed.

• 27th Apr 2014

I spent one night at this hostel in a female four beds room and really enjoyed my time there, be it for the cleanliness of both the bathroom and the bedroom, the security facilities, the efficient and nice staff members, the living room where you can meet people or all the practical informations about London available for free. Actually, I never expected a hostel to offer such quality services! I'd just mention this to vegan people, don't forget to bring your soy milk if needed, for breakfast.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Very nice hostel. The female bedroom with 21 beds I didn´t like though. Too dark and people were very noise.

This hostel was great!! The common room was nice, internet was good, and it was so clean :). We were in an 18 people dorm and it worked perfectly. Highly recommend

Great place to stay. Very clean washrooms with hot showers. Comfy beds with privacy curtains were great. Easy to get around once you explore the area. Staff were quite helpful.

Excellent hostel to stay in!

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Spain

They should add more shelves or hooks in their private toilets. Their private rooms with private toilets costs too much for the small-space dimensions of the room. I only paid Holiday Inn Express down the main Finchley Rd GBP79 with buffet hot breakfast and 4 star modern amenities and facilities.. whereas they charge from GBP 84-94 !

The private rooms with toilets are NOT WORTH the value ( ranges from GBP 80 - 94)… because some are VERY SMALL and some toilet cubicle are too narrow for a bigger person. Just on the main Finchley Road, I stayed one night on a beautiful room with modern clean bathroom and FREE BUFFET HOT BREAKFAST for GBP 79 - Holiday Inn Express.

This is my fourth time at this hostel - always my first choice when staying in London.

Very welcoming, desk and bar staff were cheerful & helpful. The hostel has decent amenities, bathrooms located on several floors - so no shortage there. Female-only bathrooms are a good idea - but the blokes miss out as there were less showers available (we're not a fussy bunch though!) Was a large common room where people were more likely to chill-out and have some quiet time. The bar/beer garden had a much more lively atmosphere and we managed to wrangle people into joining us for some beers!

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great staff!!

The hostel was overall nice. The internet worked well and the place was clean. The rooms are a little bit crowded as the bunkbeds are three high and the hallway between the beds is a little narrow, also the under bed locker is too narrow even for a small carry-on sized suitcase. The hostel is a little bit out of the center of the city but near the tube stop and the way from the tube stop to the hostel is well-lit. The breakfast was a standard continental breakfast.

I think this is a great hostel, cleanest place I've ever stayed and very friendly. Staff were as helpfull as possible, the Bar was reaosonably priced and made making friends very easy. I also really appreciated the curtains on the beds, made a big difference in terms of privacy and comfort. I have already booked my next stay in London and me and my friends shall be returning to this hostel. That is how good an impression it made.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Wales

We really liked our experience on the hostel - nice room, the environment of a old place but with modern and clean facilities, and good restaurant. we stayed in a private ensuite, and it was a little difficult do handle having a shower without a flood on the room, but i guess we cant expect much more of the price and the conditions. It was a good experience for our first time in London.

The location is a bit far from attractions. The shower makes you push the button to keep it on every thirty seconds, which I was not fond of. I was disappointed at how different the hostel looks in the photos compared to real life and I felt like it wasn't as nice. I was also disappointed because of how much we had to pay to stay there.

The atmosphere was very still and at times ghostly, if it's your fist time in London a want to meet people this may not be the place for you. It's a nice quite place, with a not so busy bar.. Food is good and the overall feel of the place is warm and nice.. But not greate lol

• 17th Apr 2014

Just wish the breakfast was better .

• 17th Apr 2014