Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

So many tenants but with only 2 people at the cashier. It took a long time waiting in a line to check-in our check-out. Same problem with the shower rooms and toilets. Everything else are very good.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

Very good facilities and atmosphere. Location is decent, near a tube station. West End would be 15 min away. Great bar downstairs.

I met some great people here. The breakfast was good and the facilities are fabulous. The old building is just gorgeous and not to be missed.

Nice hostel. Personal light and curtains on your bed were great. I'm glad we were able to do laundry, although it was a bit pricey. The location was fine with two underground stations close by, but the tube system wasn't as fast or reliable as I expected (on a Sunday it took us about an hour to go from Tower Hill St. to Finchlay Road St.). Also, I'm not sure if it was just bad timing, but reception seemed understaffed and it I had to wait quite a bit to ask for mundane things.

I always stay here when I'm in London. The hostel is a beautiful old mansion, the beds have curtains, there's a big free breakfast, free tea and coffee during the day and a tube station 3 minutes walk away. As with any very large hostel, there's not much atmosphere, even in the large common room, but otherwise I recommend this place.

It was good hostel and good staff before.. Some staff is still friendly and very kind. But most staff are no smiling and not kind. Really disappointed.

This is, probably, one of the best hostels. Very clean, vintage interior design, curtains on beds give some privacy and your own light is very useful, too. Very nice small bar in the basement. Meal is average (although, kitchen works until 10:30pm, what is definitely good), but fun and friendly atmosphere covers it up, special thanks to bartender Yuliya. Free coffee and tea in the lounge room. The only minus - freezing showers. But there is no limit for perfection ;) I enjoyed my stay there!

I always stay at this hostel when in London. Its set in a beautiful old building, the beds are comfortable and have curtains for privacy, there's a large common room, an on-site bar and free buffet breakfast. Very convenient for the subway. Recommended.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay a palmers lodge. A cool, relaxing, and charming placeto hang around in. I hope to have the pleasure of visiting again.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Scotland

Its was excellent. The only thing that wasnt so good was the cleanliness. Although i must say that the bathroom was really clean, i was more concerned about the dormitory. I am allergic to dust and usually with some precaustions i can sleep anywhere for a few days. But there was so much dust in the dormitory that i had to take medicine. But except the dust, it was fine

• 21st Dec 2013

LOVED this hostel! Met some great people. Really close to a tube station and plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. Breakfast was good and the bathrooms were very tidy! Beds were cozy and appreciated the private curtains. I can't wait to come back and book this hostel again!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at!

Would be perfect if only they had power outlets- these are so important to backpackers - absolutely nowhere to charge your camera or phone while you sleep in the dorms - and not even enough in the common area.

Breakfast is a joke. But don't let that hold you back - Rest of the Hostel was amazing! Loved the style. Also there are key lockers available if you are unhappy about leaving luggage outside before checkin/after checkout - Be sure to ask for those ones as they don't mention them when you ask for luggage storage.

• 18th Dec 2013

Very friendly staff, secure lockers, my bed got made everyday, great lounge area and fast wifi, all in a perfect location 5mn walk from Swiss Cottage station on the Jubilee Line!! I recommend it to anyone travelling to London.

• 18th Dec 2013

Reception staff welcoming helpful and friendly. Bar and restaurant a bit chaotic. Chips cold. Drinks good value. Staff pleasant but not very good at managing beer.

• 18th Dec 2013

a nice stay in London. The curtain is very important for our privacy.

• 16th Dec 2013
  • China

One of the staff members was very rude and abrupt when we checked in and made is feel like we were a nuisance when all we wanted was to check in simply she was also very sarcastic and unpleasant. We checked out with another member or staff and she was all smiles and lovely.

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Wales

Brilliant Hostel- nice and spacious- great breaky- curtains on bunks so very private and quiet: hampstead close by- 20min walk to Camden- 2 close tubes and an overground... M

The hostel was nice and big, the staff were friendly. However the card for the doors was a pain and the doors were loud which meant you often got woken up if not using earplugs. The curtains were a nice feature however the storage under the bed you lost a lot of room from the storage locker I have seen this done better. I didn't feel like there was much of an atmosphere but maybe that was just me.

Hi there and thank you for review, We are sorry that you didn't experience the best stay. It's true that being an old house some of the doors might be a bit noisy sometimes but our maintenance team is always looking out for this kind of things. Kind regards