Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Enjoyed my stay. Staff were friendly, building was beautiful. A bit further out than I would normally stay, but worth it for the price. A fairly short walk to Camden as well.

• 4th Nov 2013

It's a stunning Hostel!

• 3rd Nov 2013

This was the second time I stayed at Palmer's Lodge Swiss Cottage. I really like the curtains on all the beds with lights and power. The breakfast is good, just cereal, croissants and toast. You can upgrade to add nutella, fruit, pastries. The Mind the Bar is ok, and they have a restaurant of sorts to order some food. They don't have a self-catering kitchen, but they do have a fridge and microwave for small stuff. They've updated the lobby and the bathrooms since I was there in 2011.

I was only here for a night, but I loved it! I was in the 21 person all-female dorm. It felt like a slumber party in a secret hide-out. The building is super cool and I loved the privacy of the washrooms and showers. Would definitely stay here again!

Hi, we would like to thank you for the feedback and review. It is really important for us to hear our customer’s feedback. Please come and visit us again in the near future. Kind Regard

the room was terrible it was a loft , there are no toilets in the rooms, staffs were rude, there are better places for the same price.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello, We do clearly state which rooms are En-suite and which are not. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay however. Regards

It's an amazing place, just loved the hostel. It's near the Swiss Cottage Station and this line takes you direct to the Westminster Station.The only thing that i didn't like was that they don't have free lockers.

• 1st Nov 2013

Great!!!!!!!

• 31st Oct 2013

Very beautiful and stylish hostel, clean, friendly, we were delighted!!

We had a pleasant stay in this hostel. It was rather expensive considering we didn't have a bathroom in our dorm but I know London is an expensive city to stay in. The area itself is quite dull but the tube station is only a few mins walk away. This is an average hostel and quite expensive for what you get.

We booked a 2 Deluxe Twin Private Ensuite, which wasn't deluxe but clean. The major issue was the bunk bed, which was not mentioned in the description ( at least I can't find it). The ensuite bathroom was very small. To put it in a nutshell: We would not come back as we expected something different, but we can recommend it for backpacker or single travelers.

Beautifully furnished, this is a lovely place to base yourself whilst in London rather than slumming it in one of the dreadful cheap slums that London Hostels are famous for. The staff are extremely knowledgable and helpful and will try to work around problems rather than make a mountain out of them. Wifi is touch and go but the privacy curtains on each bunk is a fantastic idea. Would stay there again.

The attitude of the staff gave the impression that they were annoyed by all the questions. It made me want to go up to them and say that they shouldn't work in hospitality if they don't like answering the same questions over and over. Everybody is there for the first time, it's not the same people asking those questions. Next to that, there was often a queue at the reception with a waiting time up to 20 minutes. And then even one girl just kept typing behind her computer instead of helping.

We booked a deluxe double room and got a very tiny room (about 5 square meters) with a bunk bed.

• 27th Oct 2013

Need more wash/toilet facilities - walking down the corridor, across the landing and down the corridor was a pain.

It isn't the best hostel but it's good, the prices are probably high but it's London, it's close to the metro station but still, it's not very close to the main sites, you could say it's good for what you are paying for, but it has a lot to improve, they wanna charge you for everything, even to keep your big luggage in their "luggage room", while most of the hostels everywhere else, will never charge for that!

The rooms need more sockets to charge stuff. I had to go downstairs and find a spare socket in the lounge area at night and sit there until my mobile was charged. The numbers on some of the beds are worn, so it was hard to find my bed.

• 25th Oct 2013

Great little place. We'll be back! :)

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Denmark

I didn't like the lockers, the beds were very very clean in some toilets there were no sanitary deposits, and were the female

It was awesome. Quiet, but still possible to meet people to go out partying with. A nice peaceful place to come back to. It doesn't even matter that it isn't near the tourist areas because on the tube it's only 5 minutes. The fact that it's out of the tourist areas is an asset because those areas are crazy!

Good, helpful staff and they're willing to book tours for you. Computers were free which was a great plus. Easy to find, right down from the Underground.