Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Staff not very friendly.

• 1st Apr 2014

Thank you for your comment! We are sorry to hear about your experience,our staff members are known to be really helpful and friendly,but we've reported this problem anyway to help us to be on top of it. Thank you again for your review and hope you could give us another chance in the future,you will not be dissapointed. Best regards, Cristian.

Love the place, very friendly staff, nice and clean beds/ showers/ toilets, great!:

When we checked in the front desk was very rude. Then the bartender downstairs left and didn't come back for over half an hour, making it impossible to order drinks. The light in our room never worked, we were there for two days and let the front desk know the first day we arrived. As much as we were paying for the room it's totally unacceptable that the only light in the room not work when we arrive, let alone not be looked at for several days. Poor service all around, super disappointed.

• 31st Mar 2014

This is more like a hotel for backpackers: clean bathrooms & toilets (unisex), no real kitchen, a big lounge and reception.. I had a good enough sleep though, I was in a 10-bed female dorm, and every bed had a reading light with curtains, which gave a little bit of privacy. I had to leave early so missed out on breakfast. Good wifi reception in the dorm. Bit further out of town though, and a bit more expensive. Still, not bad. Didn't really like the staff much. Oh and prepare to pay for extras.

I was already abroad when I booked online & found that this place was just okay. I was in a 14-bed all-female dorm in basement. Space was very limited in the room. There wasn't really anywhere to pull a suitcase out, so I wouldn't recommend staying for more than a day or two at a time. The lockers provided roll out from under the beds & are good for smaller items such as purses & backpacks, but that's about it. Some of the staff were less-than-friendly, save for the bartender, who was nice.

• 29th Mar 2014

Great location and value. I especially appreciated the cleanliness of the linen and washrooms. The bunk bed frame was dusty and not great for people with dust allergy like me, so if a little more attention could be paid to details like this, my stay would have been even better. Overall, a good hostel!

• 28th Mar 2014

Best Hostel in London.

All in all, a very good Hostel. The building is lovely & the staff very helpful. Having the curtains around the bed for privacy certain helps the sleep factor!

2 minute walk to the tube, nice area lots of people around and felt very safe. Wi-fi was good and was available in the rooms too which was a bonus! Breakfast was great defiantly recommend getting every morning! Curtains on the bunks were also handy for extra privacy and to block out any unwanted light!

• 27th Mar 2014

Too many groups here, mostly young teens on a school trip. Clogging the corridors. French kids appeared to be doing an exorcism, really weird. Made me change rooms in the middle of the stay. Their reason for moving me (along with I think 3 other people) did not make any sense and was unsatisfactory. Did not offer anything for the hassle. I had to ask and do some wrangling to even get them to give me a free locker to use for the day.

Nice hostel in a beautiful old building. Great location close to the tube station. The beds are clean and come with privacy curtains and a small light. Clean showers. Good breakfast. Only downside is that the room in the attic was quite stuffy. Good value for money..

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

We booked a room 8 months beforehand for a business week. We were told the room we booked was not available and we had to stay in a very unpleasant room (number 5) for 5 days. When we saw the room we realised it was very different from the one we were expecting. We did not complain as we thought images on website were misleading. When we saw the room we booked in the remaining 3 days we realised we had been not treated fairly. Room 5 is not worth the money we paid. First time and LAST one at PL.

• 23rd Mar 2014

The location is near the Swiss Cottage Underground.They serve a free breakfast which I liked. The staff was not friendly and this made me glad I was switching hostels halfway through my trip. I had to wait in line to brush my teeth and go the the bathroom. If you decide to book a room I would recommend booking a room with a bathroom in the room to avoid this situation.

Palmers Lodge was fantastic. I would definitely stay there again. My friend and I had a great experience and enjoyed our stay.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I was in a mixed dorm... two nights I was the only girl in a room full of men. Not a very good feeling. Couldn't sleep for three nights in a row due to snoring... when I left I slept till NOON because I was so exhausted. Also, my camera bag "disappeared" while staying here... just wasn't the best experience for a hostel. The decor is beautiful, it's artsy and interesting... but I feel like they forgot to be NICE to guests!

• 21st Mar 2014

We had an ensuite, which was okay but very small. The staff didn't seem very familiar with the local area, which we found out, by asking were there where a breakfast restaurent. The receptionist knew one, but it was closed on sundays. Afterwords we found one ourselves, 200 m from the hostel...! They were also more found of speaking spanish with eachother, so i almost felt i had gone to madrid and not london. Breakfast was very boring, as for why we wanted to find a breakfast place.

I have stayed here before and it was just as good this time. The breakfast is great and the rooms are clean and comfortable. It's a good sized locker in the room which was useful. It would be nice to have some hooks and a mirror in the rooms but otherwise all good.

Palmers at Swiss Cottage was a great place to stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really good. The facility was all very clean. I was traveling alone and felt safe the whole time I was there. There are also a lot of good places to eat nearby. There are several bus lines and the Tube station Swiss Cottage are all within a short 5 minute walk and will take you anywhere you need or want to go. I would stay here again.

Really cool hostel, the beds are a bit small though.

very nice hostel