Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage Reviews

40 College Crescent, Swiss Cottage, London, England

Great please to stay in London, zone 2 near to the swiss cotage tube station :) while i was there i felt like i was staying at a hotel is really nice. clean and confy beds, good and clean showers too! just lovely for sure will come back

Thanks :) please come back soon

I booked for a 10 person female dorm and it was really small. The locker is under the bed, so every time when you want to pull out the locker, you need to put your luggage aside and this is very troublesome. Also, it's a mixed bathroom (male/female) which is kind of inconvenience. One morning the hot shower was too hot that we cant even take the shower, a lady was asking the cleaning lady for help but her reply is "i don't know", I think she should have try to get some help for the lady.

Great hostel, next time I will stay there again:) !

The hostel is pretty standard in terms of dorms and bathrooms -- generally clean, but nothing special. The building is gorgeous, however, and the locations is wonderful if you're interested in exploring some of North London's nicest neighborhoods. It's also a five-minute walk to the Tube, so the rest of the city is easy to reach.

• 29th Nov 2013

It did what it said on the tin, next time id prefer to stay in an all girls room though. I was dissapointed in the size and quality of the rented towes.

• 28th Nov 2013

Thank you to everyone for a lovely stay at your beautiful hostel. I had a wonderful time and even went out for a drink with some of the staff there who continued to look after me and got me home safely. Thank you

Hi, Many thanks for your feedback It is a great pleasure to hear that you had a great time with us. Hope to see you coming back again

It was amazing, better than most hotels, I will be back definitely!

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Bulgaria

Wifi speed was super slow and I felt that the cost of washing cloths was a bit pricy, but staff has no control over this. The staff was very helpful.

Hi, We appreciate your time and valuable feedback, We have now installed a new Wi-Fi system and the connection speed is definitively improved. we hope to see you again soon

Really beautiful from the outside. I was slightly disappointed when I saw the room though. The bunk beds didn't have curtains, basically just beds and a cabinet in there. Was sufficient for a nights sleep though. Lucky an extra heater was put in otherwise it would've been freezing as the windows aren't double glazed. Sheets looked clean but there were what looked like cigarette burns on them. showers and toilets were clean. Showers didn't get that hot and 30 second timer was infuriating.

I stayed with a group of 5 other friends. Given that we had different arrival and departure dates, I asked the hostel if it was still possible to get us in the same room and didn't actually expect for our special wishes to be fulfilled - but they managed! I loved that! The staff was super friendly, sometimes there was just one person at the reception which led to a little waiting time. Breakfast was good. The rooms were clean and super nice, the beds were comfortable.

This is honestly one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The guests were really respectful, the breakfast was delicious, the bed was comfortable, and the location was very close to restaurants, the tube, and a movie theatre! Even the 21 bed dorm was great! If I had to change anything, I would have changed some of the staff at the reception. I stood at the desk in waiting for help from one staff member for 5 minutes and continued to be ignored before finally just giving up.

• 21st Nov 2013

It's a nice experience to live in Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage. Everything is perfect and I wish I can stay in Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage again !

Having curtains on the bunks is a lovely thoughtful touch! Given that the nearest bathroom was pretty tiny we'd have struggled to find anywhere to change without having a little privacy in this way. An amazing old building and really well thought out. Finding it was a bit of a struggle in the dark though... draw out a map before you come (unless you have the luxury of an i-phone!!)

I was satisfied to stay at there for two days and I really enjoyed in London. Thank you very much.

• 18th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

Hi there, Thank you very much for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon! Kind regards

The staff were welcoming although not overly friendly. I didnt recieve any information from receptionist other than breakfast/check out times. Facilities were excellent though as was cleanliness. The bar had a cosy feel to it and the barman was strumming his guitar entertaining guests in between serving. The decor was superb and in keeping with the age of the building.

Hi, many thanks for your precious feedback. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed the Hostel and your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon Kind Regards Palmers Lodge Team

Perfect place to stay, very beautiful building.

Booked a bed for one night, didnt actually get chance to stay in it but the facilities there were great!

• 16th Nov 2013

Loved staying here, such a cool place. The location was outside of the city, but just down the road from a subway station that made for easy access anywhere you wanted to go. I really like the curtains around the beds, I was able to sleep despite the fact that my roommates left the lights on. Would definitely stay here again!

I enjoyed my stay at Palmers Lodge, Swiss Cottage, made some new friends. Lovely building, lots of history, heritage, it was close to shops and underground. It was all very clean. Nice bar in basement, but shut far too early at 12. Negatives are noisy dormitory (12 person), people don't obey basic hostel rules of silence at night, fruit juices at breakfast were too sugary, only bread/croissant/cereal available : a full cooked English breakfast would have been nice : eggs/beans/tomatoes/eggs !!!!

• 14th Nov 2013